Return to raccoon city and RCPD

Will Umbrella Corps end up being the biggest blunder of 2016?

Hello?

Looks like the rumor of umbrella corps starting out as a free to play game with the RE license being slapped on might be true

I literally heard nothing about this game until now and I usually keep up with RE releases even if they're disappointing shit. It's dead on arrival.

Capcom banking on unrelated corps becoming a E-sport thing

Why the fuck did they use Unity?
They could've used the RE6 engine and this game would've at least looked passable.

Honestly, it could be worse. It looks better than Operation Raccoon City… I guess my issue becomes ,"why should I play this"? There are better multiplayer games, some F2P games look better than this. What does this game offer besides the Resident Evil name? Zombies in the middle of the fray?

I think they really should have asked themselves how this game was going to stand out and what audience it was going for because to me it looks like it will be dead on launch. I love Resident Evil and could even see some good in 6, but this just looks underwhelming and boring. I really don't know what they were going for here.

It's direct sequel to operation raccoon city

you're serious?
It's a sequel to a game that didn't sell that great and had a lukewarm reception. It's weird how out of touch Capcom can be.

What is Homefront the revolution?

… we live in odd times don't we?

U N I T Y
N
I
T
Y

This will sell on the RE name alone.

I don't think so. 6 lost a lot of good will, this game barely had any marketing, then they have to try and sell it as an online only game when many people either went the Overwatch or Battleborn route. I think this is going to be a massive blunder for Capcom… though I don't think they put much money into it.

Honestly looks fun for a $30 game, compared to $60 Uncharted 4 multiplayer (Don't care about Uncharted 4 movie)

As long as they keep the beautiful models and focus on the story and gameplay, it might be alright
Reuse assets I don't care, just don't have it be the barebones what is going on-fest that was ORC

My question is, why are there always threads for this game up?
Are you doing every one of them? Is it a viral marketing thing? Nobody knows anything about this game. No ads, no recommend videos, no buzz on anything mainstream.
My guess is it's probably a contract thing, like they got paid to make a unity game, so they have to release one, or they bought up a developer but they need to release the game? I dunno.

But unlike this weird resident evil spin off homefront has a storied history.

So yeah, new homefront is pretty sad, but you can see little nuggets of how a polished game might be good. I mean it's not your typical hand holdy fps.

Looks like a Super Mario 2 situation where they took a game that was already mostly finished and gave it a Resident Evil skin.

They need to stop pumping out all this shit and make another good RE game.

Well, we are supposedly getting a REmake 2… though there are a ton of ways they can fuck that up. We are also getting a look at RE7 at E3.

Look at how cheap it's going to be, alot less than other big name games, they know it doesn't have much going for it

The sad part is that if it was handled more competently, it could have been a solid team based shooter focused on ammo hoarding, weapon scrounging, and team work based game play. Imagine a squad of people trying to take down a tyrant and have to use careful planning to do so.

They already tried and failed with Operation: Raccoon City why the fuck are they doing this again?

Don't worry, I'm sure it'll have $100+ in DLC.

Fucking don't get me excited man, I don't want to get too hype again

They'd have better luck releasing it as a F2P at this point.

Don't. After 6 and SF5 always keep your hype in check.

Where have you been? It got shit on around last E3 or so.

What's the odds Honefront will kill deep sliver like it did with THQ? Just to be picked by a new publisher?

The chances they'll homogenize it and completely ignore why REmake 1 succeeded so well (staying true to its roots and enhancing from there) are very high.

It would be nice if the knife is viable for beating the whole game again like it was in REmake though. That was the most satisfying playthrough of a game I've ever done.

No idea why anyone defends trash ass engine. It's not even FREE free.

That's for PC. Are the console season pass and DLC as cheap?

It is if you pirate it funny enough

Also it's going to be the same price on console, DLC will probably be too.

Capcom knows this is gonna suck

Why the HELL would you hype up for another RE game? They've been nothing but failures after RE4.

Are you shtoopid?

You go inspector mode in any other big multiplayer shooter and you can sure as fuck see that the animations ain't much better in any of those. At least they ain't slowing down the movement to suit the animation aesthetics.

And yet you post garbage.

Knowing capcom umbrella corps probably showing their best animations. In game animation probably worst

Capcom has their own top-tier in-house engine that is extremely scalable and runs great on a variety of hardware. Meanwhile Unity runs like a glued turd and has massively inflated system requirements.

There is no logical reason for them to use Unity.

Capcom doesn't have to pay a fee to use Unity like they do with Unreal engine 4.

They don't have to pay a fee to use MT Framework, they created it.

Holy shit, so much jerkiness all over the place and that video was so terrible at conveying anything about what the hell you're supposed to be seeing about what the gameplay modes are or even what the overall goal of the game is. It's a shame it looks like such shit (and comes off as a spiritual successor to Operation Raccoon City which is also shit), getting in firefights in a playground of t-virus chaos sounds like a fun premise.

Capcom probably both too cheap and too lazy to update MT framework.

But it's capable of graphics that not only look nicer, but run better as well.

This is why, as I said here that I think it was a game that was well into development and started as a non-resident evil game, and was probably made by a C team within Capcom, since I would assume the A and B teams are occupied with 7 and RE2Make. It could be that the C team has no experience with MT Framework, and Unity has very simple tools.

I wish this was F2P since id play it then.