Euro Cuck Sim the pre-review

Yo goys, get a load of THIS.

Euro Fucking Truck Simulator 2.0

Can't wait to play this shit tonight.

I know, I know, I also thought this game was extremely retarded, like, who the fuck wants to drive for hours in a giant fucking truck, why get a whole game for that? Why not just play GTA V and steal a truck and drive it to your heart's content? I thought this game was for fat 40 year old virgins with an advanced state of autism who get off of the thought of driving big trucks. I thought this game was for the same kinds of retards that sit all day fapping to pictures of trains.

No.

Today I saw a "trailer" for it and I slowly began to realize and accept what a beautiful and fun game this is: you drive for hours on a road, listening to peaceful music, experiencing rural and urban Europe (hence EURO Truck) through over a hundred major European cities, you get to appreciate the European rural scenery along the way as well as the beautiful architecture of the European cities themselves and see what they are like and you do this all in a big fucking truck.

At the moment I don't know any game as patriotic and as peacefully therapeutic as this.

Never since I became a Christian or since I discovered that heavy metal is in fact cool and not at all evil or stupid have I experienced such an epiphany like I have today about this beautiful little game called Euro Truck Simulator 2, this is basically exactly what I always wanted to do on day IRL which is to get a car, get a gf and fucking drive through Europe on a long ass road trip. Today I discovered that I can actually do this, in a game and minus the gf part. There are truck stop hookers right?

Soooooooooo, is it really as cool as I think it would be? I didn't actually play this game yet but man am I fucking hyped.

Other urls found in this thread:

truckersmp.com/en_US
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe not, but you'll enjoy yourself nonetheless. The cities are really just little tiny spots hinting at something much larger, and the whole continent is scaled down.

Be warned it might begin a little slow. You'll either start off busting your ass in corporate trucks, or trying to pay off a shit-ton of debt with the truck you bought on a loan. Either way, you'll be stuck doing local jobs until you level up the skill relevant to maximum job distance.

No, there are no truck stop hookers.

I strongly recommend a controller for maximum comfy.

Oh well, looks like we'll have to look for mods.

Is there a mod for smaller cars? Trucks are too big.

I believe so.

You basically discovered the comfy as fuck genre of games? Welcome to the Bob Ross genre.

Yeah, ETS2 can be pretty immersive, relaxing and therapeutic.

Generally speaking, I say if you like MS Flight Simulator for its immersive and relaxing qualities, or if you love just taking your sports convertible out of your garage for a relaxing cruise in Oahu or Ibiza in Test Drive Unlimited, you might enjoy ETS2.

IMO game is shit without mods though. TruckSim + RusMap or ProMods + RusMap, and Jazzycat's traffic and cargo packs are mandatory.

Also Realistic Visuals Fall Environment by rafaelbc, Weather Improvements by Grimes and Foggy Weather by gerscaniatrucker are highly desirable mods that when combined can greatly improve visuals and help hiding that the game runs on a 14 year-old engine.

I also recommend a traffic ai mod to bring more life in the game world. Default traffic is too sparse and too well-behaved, always obeying speed limits, never overtaking, etc. Too bad no mod can change how retarded the ai can be at times.

If you want an extra challenge with heavier and/or oversized cargo, try Schwerlast trailer packs. The 95 ton Siemens transformer (a separate mod) is also pretty fun and can be pretty challenging.

Of course there are also many extra trucks mods and enhancements such as accessories, more realistic sounds, and more powerful engines and gearboxes.

There are no truck stop hookers in vanilla but I've seen hookers in some Russian and Belarusian cities in RusMap, they're not a common sight though and you obviously can't interact with them. There are mods that place a companion on the passenger seat (normally called "co-drivers" in the mod community). Some of them are poorly modeled young women, that you could pretend to be hookers.

I really wish someone would create a well-modeled Sylvie passenger. I'd pay fucking money for it. I'd do it if I could

There are some cars but driving is shit since they basically handle like trucks.

It's unbelievably comfy. Do yourself a favor and listen to the actual radio stations in the game - I discovered Radio Gothic, some Czechoslovakian "gothic death metal" station that plays wicked shit like Steel Panther, Megadeth and other stuff that is definitely not gothic death metal.

My advice is to immediately take out a loan and buy your own truck. Not only is it a ton of fun to unlock new parts for your truck as you level up, but you'll just plain make more money (although you'll spend more paying off your debt). Don't immediately hire drivers; wait until you can afford to buy them a truck too to maximize profits. And as gay as it sounds, have fun. The game isn't the kind of thing you're going to want to go ham on and grind for hours and hours for more dosh. Play it for the relaxation factor.

And if you get a chance or have some disposable income, get a logitech g27. The game has built-in presets for it, and the manual shifting is way, way easier than you think it is. It also adds an unbelievable amount of immersion to actually have to balance gas/clutch while starting from a stop to avoid a stall, and will teach you exactly why truckers drive the way they do in real life because downshifting and upshifting through eleven to fifteen gears at every red light fucking sucks.

Another thing I forgot.

It really pisses me off how SCS seems to go out of their way to break as many mods as possible with each new update. Despite officially claiming their support for the modding community.

So I don't know how many of the mods I mentioned still work in the latest version (1.23 I believe). I'm still on 1.22 because 1.23 broke more than half of my mods, and most of them haven't been updated yet.

For this reason, plus the whole ATS bullshit, I don't recommend supporting SCS. If you want to try ETS2, just pirate it.

Thanks

how accurate is the distance and geography to real life? Does it take hours to reach a destination or is it a compressed European map?

God damn backward barbaric Europe. I've lost counts how many times I accidentally drive on the left side of the road.

Also, god bless Germany for having no speed camera.

It's comfy but I really don't know why.

Yes, the map is compressed and time is accelerated. Travel from one city to another takes about the same in-game time as it would in real life. More or less like in a GTA game.

A 400 km trip takes approximately 1 hour in real time, if you obey speed limits and traffic laws (red lights, etc).

That sounds like it could be relaxing then

Why are you even playing this, If I were ever to get a truck simulator, I'd go for elite dangerous.

Just hire a dirty prostitute to come to your house and blow you while you drive around with your controller honking at the virtual pansies in their economy model cars.

This

I kind of like the american version more but it doesn't have as much content

0/10 unrealistic as fuck, would not buy

Aaaaaaw yeah bruh, now you're totally feeling me, I downloaded the Rus Map, I'm downloading a few other Russian maps as well as ProMods, I'll check the graphic mods you mention, you just need to mod the fuck out of games before you play them, thanks a lot bro.

For real? lmao that's fucking cool, I was actually joking around with my bro that if there are radio stations and you go to Scandinavia you will hear death metal shit like In Flames or whatever, thanks for the advice man.

Friends of the road, buddy.

Yeah but the best thing is

truckersmp.com/en_US

Barreling down the Autobahn while listening to some Classic Rock is the best shit ever.

I was honestly surprised that this game sold so well. We get this truck simulators since, idk, 2008 (?) and they were always shit. This new version is slightly less shitty but still sucks donkey dick but for some reason everybody buys it.

To bad no one else makes those truck games.

Since 2002, actually. And using the same 14 year old engine too, obviously updated with each new iteration, but it's way overdue. ATS would have been the perfect opportunity for a brand new engine, but SCS went full hebrew and will probably keep milking it for at least 5 more years.

As for the reasons for ETS2 success over past SCS games, I think it's a combination of a very active modding community despite
(add a few dozen mods that basically turn it into ETS3 and the game actually becomes good), and more recently the MP. Steam also seems to have greatly influenced its success.

Post some webms or videos, faggots.

I want to see what the fuzz is all about.

Just go on Youtube man, there are literally thousands of videos, and a surprising amount of them are no commentary and no bullshit.

The only problem is that many videos are uploaded by Russians, Pakis and Brazilians using toasters (I don't get why this game is so much more popular among third worlders), with the game running at 20fps in low settings.

Yeah they are indeed very old. My brother used to play them a lot. Games and software made in eu seems to be shitty in general. For example we have a few driving simulators here that driving school's use and they are totally shit. They have no freaking physics, the vehicles for example don't accelerate like real cars and of course the graphics are ass. But those shit simulators are still sold for a lot of cash.

are simulators depicting mundane jobs or driving a big thing in europe?

in all honesty, when this current iteration of VR started to show what it could do, ETS2 is what I immediately pictured. I mean, like, it's already immersive enough with a wheel/pedals/shifter that when you reverse, you're going to swing your right arm over the back of the chair and start looking behind you, i can only imagine how good it'll be in VR in two to three years when a clear winner has emerged from the clusterfuck of VR options we have now and when it's affordable

No. It totally takes 3 hours to drive across all of Europe.

ATS is better especially once it gets more content. Arizona soon.