/ogc/ - Pride Of San Jacinto is best track

Welcome to /ogc/, a place to discuss racing games of all kinds. Sims, Arcade racers, Futuristic, realistic, doesn't matter as long as it involves racing.

Ask questions, post questions, reply to questions, bullshit about upcoming games, have fun.

Mumble Server Information:

Address: 8v.servers.moe

Port: 64738

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/autogamescoalition

Wiki: ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia

Other urls found in this thread:

epforums.org/showthread.php?103857-Shutokou-Battle-01-NTSC-J
translate.google.ca/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://bbs.tgbus.com/thread-5446417-1-1.html&edit-text=&act=url
epforums.org/showthread.php?81219-Racing-Battle-C1-Grand-Prix-NTSC-J
bordersdown.net/content/741-Racing-Battle-C1-Grand-Prix-PS2-Menu-Guide-Translation
ogc.wikia.com/wiki/Tokyo_Xtreme_Racer
soundcloud.com/dogsonmeth/lil-op-get-gangnam
hotwheels.wikia.com/wiki/Hot_Wheels:_Turbo_Racing
8ch.net/meme/
mega.nz/#!11M2iYIA!QltLavFUbIXjhIT8I4GgTeHZKDWVCmqe1lb9XRig9is
mega.nz/#!IsV3nBjJ!qBrkGU5WU20qfn0ZjbPpN0-TJMCYUQ8SiuiGcP16kUs
mega.nz/#!AskDDQgZ!6ohPbpZP6lxxNBtGlnvW4T8N2eBaBn2v1BRLHLrWaEc
torrentfreak.com/kim-dotcom-warns-mega-users-to-backup-their-files-160421/
blog.codemasters.com/f1/05/introducing-f1-2016/
blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?336749-The-LWO-import-export-project/page3&s=f91040364b74b03d238beced620263cb
bundlestars.com/en/bundle/born-2-race-2-bundle
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131673&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
gtplanet.net/gt-sport-will-not-feature-dynamic-time-or-weather/
humblebundle.com/store/table-top-racing-world-tour
emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_2_ISOs/Rumble_Racing_(USA)/151201
youtube.com/watch?v=V0HTDmfoWUA
store.steampowered.com/app/488210/
addictinggames.com/sports-games/dragracerv3.jsp
ww3.autoscout24.de/classified/286918319
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

P1

2nd for F/OSS racers look like uglier versions of NFS3

ayyy I was literally about to ask about BeamNG

Why the fuck aren't there ragdolls yet??? theres the Stig, but I want placeable ragdolls.

I just wanna load 2 in the back of the pedo van and drive it off the cliff ;__;

Super Tux Kart doesn't look that bad. I haven't tried it though.

vrum vrum

Why do they look bad though? i know there's limited workforce because they're doing it for free but a graphical update can be quite simple

I had forgotten about him. Knew the Subaru in a tree was familiar.

Ethical issues? IDK, when was the last update for BeamNG anyways?

Focusing on gameplay is my guess. Besides Graphics aren't everything.

What are the differences between the 2 versions? I had the N64 version.

shit

Why would there be ethical issues with ragdolls? it's not like they're doing it with real people

thats what I was thinking too, but SERIOUSLY??? it's not like I want fucking gore and shit. I just wanna know the trajectories of collisions for writing purposes ;__;

PS1 had better audio quality and a cinematic intro featuring Metallica's FUEL. Meanwhile I think the N64 had no loading and better texture quality.

It's sort-of like how Manufactures only let their cars only so messed up if there's a damage model. I frankly don't know why.

Pick one. Also the N64 version has less secret tracks

that was some weak ass drifting.

Why dont you download the AE86 model?

but where is the drifting?

the point wasnt drifting, mate

why post eurobeat if you're not gonna drift???

ruined my day…

BECAUSE MEMES

Maybe that's the reason, they don't want people to turn the game into a "running over pedestrians" simulator.

qeq last time I tried this game before I went back to a working OS it looked like total and utter ass. Good to know there have been some improvements on this.

Someone has the nip version of Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 (shutokou battle 01)? I can't find it anywhere.

Welc/o/me

Any reason you want it besides fixing Speeding Fanfare? I'd say just go with the english version since it isn't missing anything that I remember even has the Rufs which tend to get cut out. But if you have another reason you want it I found two potential spots

epforums.org/showthread.php?103857-Shutokou-Battle-01-NTSC-J
Needs a profile to download but Emuparidise is pretty good for stuff
and
translate.google.ca/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://bbs.tgbus.com/thread-5446417-1-1.html&edit-text=&act=url
Which comes in parts which I've never really had good luck with.

Also turns out there's a new Micromachines/Revolt-esque game called Table Top Racing: World Tour coming out tomorrow if anyone's interested. Looks pretty good like a paired back Modnation Racers.

thank you user, I wanted to do some framerate related tests. The first link is also in parts, if they work I will try to share a proper iso, if anyone is interested.

Ah ok. If you're in the mood for rare Genki nip-only games maybe give this a shot
epforums.org/showthread.php?81219-Racing-Battle-C1-Grand-Prix-NTSC-J

Unlike the Kaido Racer Chain Reaction this is pure moonrunes so here's a translator guide
bordersdown.net/content/741-Racing-Battle-C1-Grand-Prix-PS2-Menu-Guide-Translation

From the guy who first brought it to my attention back on /ovg/ years ago you can apparently drive a Carry with a rotary swap And a cow in the tray. And if you do decide to upload maybe put it on a more permanent fileshare system like say Dropbox and put a link for it on our wiki : ogc.wikia.com/wiki/Tokyo_Xtreme_Racer

Also what's the consensus on Grid 2? Downloading it now after seeing it being played and liking Grid 1.
Stop Eating my posts Daemon.

I'm just gonna try to upload the WebM by itself

Mein Nigger

It's a shame that they will never make another Hot Wheels game as good as Turbo Racing
World Race and Velocity X were decent, but not as fun as Turbo Racing

Also, Red Baron is best car

PS1 ver. had better sound quality, more songs, 2 more tracks and a cinematic intro with Metallica

the speechlessness this gives me only makes that seem true

pls tell me it's fake

Stunt Track Challenge was pretty fun. But they're now Shovelware games and aren't ever gonna make another pure arcade racer Or MMO RIP Planet Hotwheels about going fast, doing sik stunts and listening to great music Turbo Racing had an awesome mix of Techno and Rock. Always liked Cat-A-Pult for some reason.

As of note though Forza got a Hotwheels DLC update though. Kinda shitty they only have one Hot Wheels car though.
Come on this ain't fucking rocket science. At least Boneshaker and the Mustang are custom so that's one up on the Forza 5 Hotwheels pack.

Nah, just a song I found on Soundcloud a while ago and decided to connect it with the new NFS game. Here's the source.
soundcloud.com/dogsonmeth/lil-op-get-gangnam

When will indie assholes learn that just because e-celebs helped advertise your game doesn't mean you need to put the bitches in it?

You had one job
ONE FUCKING JOB

Seriously, only 1 of those cars is an original one, the rest are just going to be re-skins with minor tweaks and the Hot Wheels logo slapped onto them, bloody boring
Why they can't put a little more effort and add the original designs ? I would kill to drive Crazy 8's or Twin Mill

The .exe to run the Highway 35 tracks plus the cars is still out there, but is not the same really
They had another MMO in the same vein of Planet Hot wheels for a while called Hot Wheels racing circuit, it didn't last long and I don't know why

I'm pretty sure they backed the game at a high tier, too. If you're that buttmad about it, don't buy the game. Power Drive 2000 is coming, you can play that instead.

That's such a light fucking nod to get upset over.

There are tons of people that backed Skullgirls (including those guys) that randomly appear in the backgrounds on one of the stages.

It's just a wink-wink-nudge-nudge for the people that have directly financially supported you.

this. it's not like theres video ads or in-your-face advertisement. its just a billboard in the background that blends in with the rest of the level

Yeah, and that sure didn't turn out horribly cancerous or anything.

And I'm sure Egoraptor in Shovel Knight and Mighty No. 9 is fine too?

those arent bad at all. I dont see what you're whining about man

and? I dislike ponyfags as much as the next guy, furries especially, but as long as its not in my face about it, I dont care.

Are you like triggered or something?

Considering I had to look pretty hard to find it. Only complaint is that it isn't as subtle as it could be, why not SBF Zaibatsu. It's there for people who know and everyone else can ignore.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to have all the Hot Wheels Turbo Racing cars in Forza but I realize that even Bone Shaker was a miracle to get. Also the car's I mentioned had a real life counterpart **not going by the ones that have anThis is Jew10 we're talking about here.

Right a bit off track but, the skull girls universe doesn't have explicitly furry creatures running around does it? I mean Fortunes a cat girl but that's more a drop in the bucket compared to the other shit running about. This is what I mean about having references to backers but making is subtle enough to ignore if you don't know

highest qeq

Is dat sum Susie Wolff? Love me some Susie.

Which car did you main anons?

hotwheels.wikia.com/wiki/Hot_Wheels:_Turbo_Racing

Who's the nerd downloading the crew?

i ain't no nerd fgt

You're the kind of person who will bend over for anything. No resolve. For shame!

Also gameplay

kiss me and prove it then faggot

Where did the mean dev touch you? Did he force you to play this game with a pony OC in it?

fite me

post your nickname nerd

oh man, you really are triggered

How do I git gud at racing games?

You realize that your gas pedal footwork is more important than your brake pedal footwork.
And you learn to tap arrow keys on keyboard very fast.

Rallymen007 nerd

So breaking should be a last resort sort of thing for extreme turns? I was wondering if letting off the gas or breaking was the better option.

Braking is important, but it's more important to be careful when coming out of turns and applying the throttle smoothly and accurately.

That's a wrong conclusion.
It's all about how you go through the turns. You can try and floor it, but you will slide and lose precious seconds. You can brake it off and roll without accelerating… which loses you those precious seconds.
You need to learn how to apply throttle carefully.

just play them, start with older games, like NFS II and beyond. Thats how I started when I was a kid.

All depends on the game (locking up brakes or not)

Thanks.

before I forgot:
A thread with all kinds of charts for consoles often sorted by genre so you can look through the best racing games.

forget*

They scanned the real Bone Shaker Hot Wheels had custom built in 2011 and put it out on a track to get the physics. Apparently there's a Forza/Hot Wheels cross over toy series coming out later this year around the time Horizon 3 comes out as well.

MS are having a "Special Forza Event" after their E3 conference. So there might be something going on beyond Horizon 3. I'd imagine it's a third expansion pack for FM6 like the Porsche and NASCAR ones because I can't see MS making Forza Rallisport or Forza Project Gotham. (Even though I fucking wish)

What I fucking wish is for Microsoft to pull their head out of the ass and make a proper Forza on PC.
Not this shitfest called Apex.
And preferably with no "please use our store" W10 exclusivity in sight.

8ch.net/meme/

I'm awful at editing wikis, so I hope someone adds this:

Kaido Battle 2 (J):
mega.nz/#!11M2iYIA!QltLavFUbIXjhIT8I4GgTeHZKDWVCmqe1lb9XRig9is

Shutoko Battle 01 (J):
mega.nz/#!IsV3nBjJ!qBrkGU5WU20qfn0ZjbPpN0-TJMCYUQ8SiuiGcP16kUs

Racing Battle C1 Grand Prix (J) w/ translation guide for the menus (the link on the wiki is broken):
mega.nz/#!AskDDQgZ!6ohPbpZP6lxxNBtGlnvW4T8N2eBaBn2v1BRLHLrWaEc

accept the request or i bully

Eww. I wish they would go back to fellating Halo and let Turn10 do its own thing.

That being said I imagine they are just announcing the full release of Apex in front of a bigger audience than racing enthusiasts. I do wonder if they are gonna mention anything regarding the whole "Top Gear" integration thing after how big a shitshow it is now with Grumpy, Old, and Short gone.

you must also learn quirks of a certain game's physics, for instance you are much more likely to lose traction and time by accelerating during a turn in real life and even if you can control it things like the weight shift of the wheels putting torque on the ground or tire wear might make you lose time depending on the turn, while in a game like need for speed underground sliding through any turn is always the best answer.

There are some things that remain true however, you want to make your turns as simplistic as possible and you want to carry as much speed as you can through them. (i.e out-in-out like in my picture)

You want to make the race as short as possible (i.e when you're on a straight line try to align with the track instead of bouncing from a side to another)

Skill based racing is a lie, unless the cars are the same and the race compensates for the fact that not everyone starts on the same position someone has an advantage. you can still make up for it because cars function as tools and tools can't replace their user but if you want to win you get the better car.

In online racers with contact you'll always find a nigger who will just try to ram you out of the road, but niggers are dumb and they don't know what the hell they're doing besides "turn steering wheel counterclockwise". In most games you can easily take advantage of that if you know what you're doing. (also if you wanna be the nigger ram people in turns, chances are they're slowing down to take the turn properly but you can just make them go haywire while slowing yourself down instantly and maybe even do it better than you would naturally)

there's more but i'm busy and can't formulate a lot

Done, thanks for the links Even though MEGA is trash. Does anyone have a burner email they wouldn't mind submitting to act as way for people get the games without signing up to mega themselves?

I can lent you my media account to upload them.

What's your steam id?

Feel free to reupload them to a better site. I would have prefered a torrent, but I'm not a reliable seeder.

meant to quote

Don't listen to Eurobeat while driving, friendly advice.

What's that like?.

My internet is trash as well. The games are in the thread and up on the wiki under the TXR Links section.

Is there any way we could upload to Emuparadise or is like a private tracker and only allows uploads from trusted sources?

It's trash in the same way Win10 is trash. There's a bunch of shady shit that goes on behind the scenes and Kim Dotcom himself said to stop using it after a hostile takeover. Plus it won't let you download a file over 1 GB apparently

Imagine an even more 80's version of Outrun with a Vector W8 instead of a Ferrari. Also why WOULDN'T you listen to Eurobeat?

Did anyone play Stunt Track Driver?

it was my favorite game when I was a kid

hell yeah! I used to play the shit out of that

might be because I made an account, but I don't have that limit. Didn't realize Dotcom had said to be wary. I thought it was mostly safe and shit. Well, so much for that.

My jewel case broke, but I'm sure I have the disc somewhere. Was a lot of fun.

That race line pic is great, but it loses me at "Braking". Why would I want to break after making the turn like that when the whole point is to preserve speed?

Kinda got to Stunt Track late so it didn't really want to work properly for me. Also I sucked at it.

Here's a article from Torrentfreaks as a source. There's other like the Inquirer you can find by googling.
torrentfreak.com/kim-dotcom-warns-mega-users-to-backup-their-files-160421/

It would help if you forgot your weeb tendencies are read like a regular person.

kek nice one japan

wat gaem?

Boku no Dirt Rally.

this looks fuckin fun. my dick is diamonds

this game needs an idle camera centered around all the crew members instead of just your vehicle

the bikefag is almost completely hidden by the superior automobile

you have no idea

Will GT Sport make Gran Turismo great again?

Probably not, I can feel this game being just a bunch of MP events ala GT Academy/GT5 seasonal events with a completely barebone SP mode if any. And GT's meat, IMO, was the long and wide SP mode that got you playing with all sorts of cars and tracks for hundreds of hours.

GT Sport feels like it's going to be a list of leaderboards for ultra nerds and not much more.

Considering last two GT games?
Nah.

There was a shitstorm where Sony told websites they could upload any GT Sport direct feed they took from the event recently. The footage looked like complete shit and had horiffic screen tear and frame drops (Digital Foundry's guy said they were in low 20's in places during gameplay never mind spectator and replay mode). Sony immediately made everyone pull down their footage as soon as it went up because it looked and sounded terrible only a few videos were saved as GT Planet were good goys and wanted their connections to Sony to stay intact while press were told to take them down. GT Fanboys are reporting all uploads people put on youtube as well. So it's a massive clusterfuck along with the physics not being as advanced as Polyphony claim they are.

There was a rumor GT Sport's being rushed because Horizon Zero Dawn is not making 2016 and I goddamn well believe it after this. It's shitty because it could have been GT's return to greatness but they fucked it up

no

forgot to take off my flag

a man can dream user, but now you're just lying to yourself

why cant it just go back to grand turismo 4 style of racing.
buying a chaparral 2j and wiping the floor with all the classic/compact and the GT races was some of the most fun I've had in the series.

Because now every game is at the beck and whim of "Competitive" shitters who'll never let something fun Or infuriating like taking a GT40 to a classic event where a standard Corvette is the most threatening thing.

Balance is only a matter of "Does it fit my meta". Have a Skylark as condolence.

so im fucking around in the RC2k files and my mind is blown by the ammount of shit they put inside a fucking CD-rom.
the textures are in some outdated format that i found a photoshop plugin for, the models(I asumme) are in some apple II file format(google told me so), and the music is compressed as 700kbs wavs.
This is like a journey back in time, all the files date back to 1999/1998. Wish I could find some more info on these formats without going into shady sites that are blocked by malwarebytes.

JUST KILL ME NOW, PLEASE

best car

What's a good game that has customization, even if it's just custom graphics for the paint job.

What was wrong with 6?

Well depends on what you mean for
1) A good game
2)Good Customization
But the list I can work out is
NFS from Underground to Undercover and maybe the new one,Ridge Racer 7, Tokyo Xtreme Racer games And The Fast and the Furious:Tokyo Drift rip off, and GRID 2. There's a bunch of games out there that have customization that play fine. Hell just find one that was made after the first F&F movie and you should be solid for customization.

A game that's fun and doesn't have shitty physics.
Changing as much of the car's aesthetics as possible, or just a custom graphic for the paint job.

Which out of those can I play online in?

Also needs an active online population.

Buddy i think you got the wrong site

repostan

>tfw no racing game where you drive a stripped down Toyota Previa in a midwestern shithole city while being chased by Crown Vics Dodge Charger Police Interceptors that break down trying to chase you
is it even possible to make a game that doesn't require brand new car models now?

I feel you. I'd like to see racing, or any car-focused games set in previous eras where shit wasn't so… I don't know what word I'm looking for.

Also not enough games about police chases. Need For Speed does not count. Neither does GTA which is fucking terrible, I can't believe I cannot point to GTA as a game with cool police chases. That should be the creme of the fucking crop.

Ok, yeah those games should satisfy the initial request. As for Online I can't say with perfect certainty since I don't play online. But the latter NFS, Ridge Racer 7, and GRID 2 should still have some stuff going on, though certainly not too active.

Notice the maybe there. It's sort-of a give and take for that game. The customization is good but the driving is bad, the free updates are great and they haven't started doing DLC Yet but the game felt rushed and unpolished on launch and I imagine still is. I want to like it but it's by EA which means Evil Assholes. It's equal parts delicious rice and shit.

I think SLRR might have you covered for the first one. And the Interstate/Viglante 8 series might satisfy you want of 70's/80's rust piles Though you kinda have to make them into that

There's a few police chase games (One's related to a German show that I've forgotten the name to right now) and maybe the Dukes of Hazzard game? I've only really played the Dukes game and remember it being fun though that was a long while ago and my taste as noted above is kinda shit.

LWO is LightWave and IIRC can be imported in Blender. Probably not with texture imports but if the 3D mapping is there it shouldn't be too hard to do.

I rented that game once as a kid. It was great, thanks for the sudden nostalgia OP.

Does any of you goyim can help a fellow goy ?Would buying Wild Run on Steam allow me to unlock it on UPlay?
Because those fucktards at Ubisoft thought the idea of the century would be to charge more on their own store rather than fucking Steam.

you lost a very recent sale goy

and yes, if you buy it on steam what it really does is provide you a key that you can activate on uplay

thx br bro but no thx

the merchant is aware

the steam dlc can be activated on uplay but steam won't allow buying dlc for a game you don't own, frogbro

BECAUSE YOU CANT SEE HOLY FUCK

yeah it's stupid

Well, i'll need adaptation if i ever come out of my batman life

no NOT THAT OUTSIDE
THE ROAD

Was Midtown Madness 2 the last great driving game?

yes

Even if you do get it you won't be able to win the ferrari, you need to qualify on 3 summit events with 3 different medals

That was to be expected, but at least I would have it for next time. And since I wanted to play TC anyway, might as well get the shiny expansion pack to have something to do.

Also, Ubisoft is doing this thing where you can exchange UPlay points for a -20% coupon, which I did. And the coupon doesn't work. Support is AWOL. yay

g fucking g ubisoft

F1 2016 MIGHT NOT SUCK
blog.codemasters.com/f1/05/introducing-f1-2016/

Hopefully it will be as good and immersive as F1 2010, which still has the best career mode. But looking at the screenshots of the hospitality areas, that's highly likely.

Imagine something where being good at testing would help the shit teams get to the front. That would be excellent.

If these two bits don't suck too much I can deal with the physics. Hell, 2015 had semi decent physics so even keeping the same engine but fixing the bugs would be great.

kinda hype for this

the boxart, even temporary, is inexcusable though

blender can import .lwo files alright, it just cant map the textures onto it.
I'm gonna have to use max to map and texture everything if I'm gonna go ahead with this.

It's shit, m8.

Could it be? codemasters making good games after so many years of trash?

After Dirt Rally, I genuinely have hope for them.

Man that's a sick cover art

So did the Twin Mill and Deora II

Through the years I've resorted to mods just to play with Hot Wheels cars
I recall some mods for mod cars for Re-Volt, Trackmania Forever and Trackmania 2 that were Hot Wheels cars…

That's what I meant. Though I did forget that Red Baron and Beatnik Bandit are real cars too, and Purple Passion is a Mercury Lead Slead.

Also speaking of which, what happened to Re-volt/RC racing games? Only one really came out that wasn't like Micormachines is Table Top Racing: World Tour and that only came out yesterday.

Curious as how you managed to get something, Blender only gives me a soup of vertices with no planes.

there were a bunch of versions of the same exporter i tried before, this one worked.
blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?336749-The-LWO-import-export-project/page3&s=f91040364b74b03d238beced620263cb

Reminder that Automation exists.
Go ahead, beat this time if you're so great

Whats the consensus on project cars?

Lame

Meh.

Decent game if you're looking for a slightly more sim GT/Forza game, but not a proper sim, still a few bugs here and there that can wreck your game.

The devs are fucking idiots but that's a given.

This just happened

i should've made the webm 1280x720

Life truly is suffering.

ImpressiveHitler DubsAnd the flip was nice too.

should i get rfactor? or is r factor 2 a big step up?
bundlestars.com/en/bundle/born-2-race-2-bundle
they have rfactor up in a bundle and im not sure if i should get it

I havent played either, but I recall from previous posts rfactor 1 is better.
Also, the bundle is reaclly cheap, you can just get it. InMomentum en Super Toy Cars are quite fun and worth the price alone (I have only played those two of the bundle)

it's worth $2.50 just to be able to try them all out, in my opinion.

hotwheels cars are sturdy as shit

i remember gluing them to sandals and sliding around

Well they are Diecast so I can believe that.

>Nor will Namco At least for a console

pCars more like pCucks amirite
its like an unbranded version of NFS Shift 1 (aka shit)

(checked)
Arcade games are dead sadly.

oh man, RR T4 Will always by THE racing game for me. I go back every year and blast that shit, I wish there were more games like it. I know its not simulation, and some might look down on that but I dont think I ever played a racing game as outright fun as it.

SUBARASHIIIII

game?

Looks like GRiD. Was pretty good and a much needed change from constant sim racing.

After playing 2, I'm surprised people didn't like it. Could be all the autists who bitch about not having X track mad that the game is different.

Come on you should be able to spot GRID from the get go

Only 3 laps a race killed GRID for me.

It's an arcade game at heart.

are right, it's GRID.

I like it a lot, shame about the massive rubberbanding.

Late breaking and no breaking is the way it seems, like the uphill on SPA, the AI will slow down in 9/10 disciplines no matter what, certain spots on tracks makes the AI slow down for no reason at all. Doesn't change the fact that they'll catch up quickly though.

Any comfy driving games?

Personally, comfy driving games are often the ones with freeroam, like GTA and older NFS titles.

TDU is pretty good, just don't touch 2. Euro Truck Simulator 2 is also pretty nice.

The Crew
Get a nice GT, tune on the ambient radio, turn off the HUD and JUST DRIIIIIVE

If only there was a way to make it pirateable or at least not uPlay-bound piece of shit.

I got around to playing it recently, it's still super fun. Stupid AI gets that ridiculous speed boost in the beginning though.

tbh didn't find UPlay to be an issue but maybe it's because I've been using Steam for years and am used to DRM pieces of shit

And the game hits my sweet spot so I can deal with this shit.

Grid 2 is fun but by no means perfect.
More nitpicks are while the customization is neat it's been to long since I played GRID to remember if that had any customization the colour selection is trash with no good gold or bright red. Or finish selection for wheels And my autism flairs up when a majority of them are only four bolt patterned.

Managed to get the crew demo to work, it's not bad but it's not worth $60. Biggest dealbreaker are the cities, they're grid cities, there's no fun roads in the cities. Physics are pretty decent, but I feel the game is running on an engine not made for racing games.

Have you played TDU? I tried using a 360 controller and a steering wheel and they don't work, what did you use?

I had this problem too, you have to map the inputs manually, it doesn't just recognize the wheel. AS for the controller mine did auto detect.

Yeah, but now that it costs about 20 currencies (or $15 on the humblebundle) I think it's fairly priced. $60 is a bit steep, especially if you don't think you can play PvP or cruise for hundreds of hours afterwards.

I've tried mapping them a dozen times, the game doesn't recognize the 360 analog stick, or steering wheel. I wonder why my game doesn't auto-detect.

$15 is about right, although I'm immensely disappointed in the grid cities, I realize there's a whole country to drive through with nice roads, but I like driving in the city. Not sure if I'll get it.

I feel you about the block cities, I guess it's how french people see american big cities.

i pirated GRID autosport and one thing it does very well is the fact that instead of your car being faster than the AI's it has better brakes, and no rubberbanding

The JCrew, euro truck simulator 2 too specially if you set the rain probability to 100%

Well City's are grid based especially in America where the roads were basically built to accommodate carriages

(Checked)
I'm pretty sure Autosport has rubberbanding if it's anything like 2. I mean the guy just randomly being five seconds ahead isn't normal. I hate how they never seem to put you on pole despite winning previous rounds

Then they should set more games in Europe etc. Grid cities suck ass irl, no need to bore me with them in a videogame.

Which Dirt should i get? 1, 2 or 3?. It seems as if 1 has better graphics than 3 actually and there is no dudebro vibe.

LA is more like two dozen grids in a giant clusterfuck.

my city is in the few square kms where it was planned like manahattan then an absolute clusterfuck

i got the game in a sale where the good goy edition with all dlc was 18 burgermoneys i think

it's the USA so most big cities are grids

World Race was fun, a little more merit for having more cars than Stunt Track Challenge
Think of it like "F-Zero with muscle cars, sports cars and Hot Rods instead of anti-grav vehicles", the tracks themselves were quite elaborate I must say, lots of twist and turns that put the tracks upside down and other bizarre directions, with the Dune Ratz and Road Beast tracks were my personal favorites
Gameplay itself was decent, while it didn't give me the sensation of GOTTA GO FAST (Turbo Racing and the GBA version of World Race were better in that aspect) it was pretty responsive, the tracks had shortcuts that were activated by grabbing a burning wheel pick-up and they were a bitch to grab on the harder tracks, there were also Ring pick-ups (referencing the Wheel of Power that was at the end of Highway 35) that recharged the boost bar, the bloody things were crucial to unlock the rest of the cars i.e: 50 rings on "X" track will get you 1 car, all 100 rings will unlock 2 cars. The handling of the cars themselves were decent, although they get slippery from time to time when drifting
Soundtrack was also nice, mostly techno/electronic tunes and few rock tunes, also Hot by Smash Mouth, because really guys, not everything was All-star, Hot also needs some love

Overall fun game, nothing much to complain about

Also
Feels bad man…

I didn't mention in my post, but I do realize real cities are grid cities, I just wish they didn't go with a realistic approach and made their own.

That would indeed be pretty good. Sort of like GTA except not entirely fiction, not like the cities are very good approximations either

Okay so i'm picking up Dirt 1 because it looks better than 3 and is more like CRR 2.0.

Dirt Rally is a better choice overall.

I have a 2009 toaster user…

And I have a 2005 CPU coupled with GTX650Ti and 2 gb of ram

It's a shame there was never a tie-in game Or an ending to Acceleracers even if it would have just been the same just with less cars. Despite having the World Race game It was in a case that had cover of World Race with the features of Stunt Track Challenge on the back and liking arcade racers I never really got into it.

Also Scorchers best team.

And since this is the /o/ refugee people may want to know that the first episode of Top Gear is torrentable It's kinda shit.

CTS-V

DEJA VU

Damn you for reminding me Prostreet doesn't work on my PC for some reason.

**If anyone knows why it wouldn't want to read inputs from a 360 controller that works with basically everything else and was working before would be appreciated.

Apparently you can buy a R9 380 for $160 now which comes with a copy of Dirt Rally in it. Had there been some kind of sale on the R9 380 and the FX-8350 I would buy the bundle to upgrade my computer.

I don't even have a use for it and you have my attention. I thought the 380 was still a $200 card.

Could it be something funky with the input settings? I honestly don't know much about 360 pads other than I think they offer xinput and directinput, and there's a possibility that you have it switched from one to the other.

Where the fuck did you find that user? A quick googling revels only roughly $300+ R9 380 models and articles saying they're that cheap. Best I found was an R9 280 being sub $200

Don't think so, other games work just fineEven other NFS games. Only other time it acted funky was on a dev build of PCSX2 but that got sorted when I upgraded to the full 1.4.0 version. I also wouldn't know what would have caused that. Maybe I'll download a different torrent one of these days Though seeing as I"m starting a new job my Shitposting and pirating time is gonna get cut significantly.

Hm. Not sure what it could be then, other than a weird install. Also, if you live in burgerland, Microcenter has XFX 380's for $200 with a $20 rebate. Newegg has PowerColor 380's for $160 after rebate, but I've heard PowerColor is a lower quality brand. Unsure about that, myself.

enjoy your fake engine noises faggot
i have the drift m5 too

Shopping around looking for new GPUs comparing sales prices at brick and mortar stores to online. Best Buy wanted something like $180 for an R7 370, then I check Newegg for the price of one ($115) and then I find that some of the R9 380s are selling for $180 or less.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131673&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

R9 380 with 4GB of VRAM all for $160. It might not come with DiRT Rally but considering NVIDIA's equivalent card is selling for $270 that's a steal.

I got the controller working on TDU, what you have to do is hold down the analog sticks and the triggers for a few seconds, but now a new problem, the game doesn't shift when I push the button, I have to press it a few times. I have the auto clutch setting on. This is what I hate about old games.

One more thing, how do I get Need for speed world server working? I turn on the server, but when it launches it says server is off. I've checked the fire wall setting but I can't think of anything else, I've followed the instructions.

gtplanet.net/gt-sport-will-not-feature-dynamic-time-or-weather/

that's cute

Project CARS does both and will probably end up looking and maybe even driving better. And it's not that much of a great game.

Kaz has finally gone completely mad

No career mode and only a handful of Single player events as well. Something that Project CARS has

PCARS goes to 40+ cars depending on the event and track (24H LeMans is a 40 car grid) though you need a beast of a card to maintain 60FPS if the weather gets hairy. The PS4 version will shit itself down to 20FPS at times. The PC version also has 32 player online with dedicated servers (Though consoles are 16 players online with P2P).

You don't even have to bring Forza into this to say "You fucked up again, Kaz". A fucking 3rd party crowdfunded game has more features and pushes more technology than one of the biggest AAA franchises of all time

Say what you want about Evolution and Driveclub is only ever an average at best game, but they actively gave a shit about their game and customers (Even though the Microtransaction jewery got obnoxious in DC as well). And Sony just handed them over to Codemasters on a platter.

The fucking state of it all. It's absurd.

GT Sport's only hope is that the online bit doesn't suck from a competitive standpoint, and it would only reach that level if they basically implement iRacing. That's the only way to do racing e-sport right.

well thanks for this atleast

Anyone know of any games with interwar aero-engine type cars? I want to drive something with 20 liters of displacement on bicycle wheels

God I wish, I asked a similar question about pre-WW2 racing myself a few months ago and the best I got was a few mod suggestions.

ballistic NG is ver 0.4 now and on steam.

Go play totally not wipeout

how did i fuck that up

Because there's not much apart from a few amateur rFactor mods. This isn't exactly a popular era for cars, and the few from this era that stand out are silver arrows and the other then-F1 cars.

twingi

THAT FUCKING WEBM IN THE OP

MAXIMUM NOSTALGIA

more twingi

Not vidya, but car related: how shitty are hybrids and electric cars these days? I'n considering a Nissan Leaf as a very simple commuter car since I can get one used for relatively cheaply. Alternatively, I was going to get a Prius and have some good gas mileage.

Are you gay

Are you a fat American NASCAR fan who's insecure about his sexuality?

user, that's mean. Don't bully retards.

anyone try the japanese expansion pack for assetto corsa

Ask /o/ for a better answer. Just know you'll look like a bigger faggot in the Prius.

What's the matter user? Are the forests still burning?

Having driven my friend's BMW i3, they're decent. Not sure how good they are used as there may be some servicing to do (idk, the batteries?).

I'd say pick the Leaf because the Prius looks like ass. Unless you plan on driving this car away from the city, in which case I wouldn't trust the mileage estimates in an EV.

If I knew how to make rom-hacks and textures, I would give Twin Mill, Red Baron and Sweet 16 II World Race-esque skins…

Yeah, I figured /o/ would have been better, but I didn't know if you guys had any particularly better ideas.

I travel through smaller cities but I live in a more rural area. I could possibly get away with the Leaf's range, but the i3 is pretty expensive, even used. $25k+, and if I was spending that much money I could say fuck it and get a new Mustang like my brother, and have a fun car rather than a commuter car. Volt's are getting cheap used, too. They're all under $20k, with some being like $12k-$15k. Drove a 2012 a few months ago, and it's nice but just a bit out of my price range for what I'm looking for.

My post got eaten I think so have the best GTA clone.

The Simpsons games on PS2 were oddly charming, too bad the show has really went downhill since those times and even compared to ~2009 Simpsons when then people thought it was rough.

good shit right here

80s car ads were the shit tbh

There's a Android game port on Steam right now if anyone cares.

Jaffe has turned SJW and we'll never get any proper Twisted Metal.Hell we might not even get annother Small Brawl

TM flopped ridiculously hard on PS3 even though it was really fucking good online. Sucked because the team put their heart and soul into it and even read the halfchan Holla Forums generals. There was almost an Eat, Sleep, Play vs /tmg/ match.

No way Sony's touching it ever again. Car Combat had it's day. Sadly.

Funny I remember TM'12 flopping because the single player was basically non-existant AND the online was lack-luster, technical wise. I can imagine when the servers weren't being flooded with people and a few patches, but at launch is was bad.

The last hurrah of Car combat is probably Gas Guzzler Extreme and to a lesser degree Blood Drive could count if it didn't have horrendous frame drops.

Mah nigga, holy fuck that game is nice. And really hard on the right difficulty level too.

bump

Starting.

how to make car faster

Single player was rushed and full of shitty game modes, I agree. The servers were also Sony's shitty support as they didn't even work for most of the Open beta. Jaffe even started going crazy and yelling "THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH" during an IGN live play before apologizing. When it worked, Online during the beta was incredible. Completely dumping on COD Shitters was hilarious because every single tactic and trick from the old games worked including the TMB:O tactics plus the game gave points depending on how much damage you did to prevent spawn camping or others taking your kills. Shit was hilarious.

I know people didn't like the gang ideas, but the three stories they did were clever as fuck at least.

The career mode looks interesting if not in the usual GT way. Props to them for trying to teach people how to drive and some racecraft.

Also the cars look nice.

discount iRating?

i have no clue when i bookmarked this game, apparently some kart racer by some slavs

Now this is Pod Racing!

It looks like an HD version of Borderlands 1 for some reason. Anyways I wonder if that was an actual attempt at a game or if it was just a mob laundering scheme.

I think it looks a bit too involved for the latter.

Apparently this game came out, I have no idea how old it is or if it's been talked about before: humblebundle.com/store/table-top-racing-world-tour

I also don't know if it sucks, but it's combat racing.

More games should have photomodes

I know about it, I posted about it here>>9454346 but it's more a cart racer then a full on Car Combat game. Looked pretty good actually.

vvvvrrrrrooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm :3

Do you guys know if the arcade racing games made by Raw Thrills are playable in other machines, like PC? Because I loved them and my local arcade took them all out.

Any of the Gran Turismo games on the PS3 worth it?

If you have a phone to play games on while the game loads.

I just completed TDR 2000.
Take C1's cops and make them spawn when you damage and destroy opponents instead of having set spawns.
Take C2's missions and make you have to do three of them in each group.
Also let's force you to play in a single area until all three races and three missions in there are done, so you can get to another bland area.
Back of Beyond was probably the most interesting of them all.
Final levels were horrible because of that, like 2 or more Suppressors at the same time.
Areas looked bland and indifferent.
Physics are a horrible downgrade from C2.
Fixed max time on the timer is the worst. Why do you get pretty much the most time bonus from going through checkpoints in a game where you're supposed to cause mayhem instead of actually racing?
Though the game isn't inherently bad, more of a mediocre pile of crap.

As long as you can buy it for cheap

no

The car's headlights look like bedroom eyes

Man, Hit & Run is great. The PC port was a bit of a disaster, though.

NO THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE THIS IS AN OLD GAME IT MUST BE GOOD

It's like any modern AAA sequel/reboot. Think about that.

Alright, bit of a random question, but is my PS2 shitting itself? I recently started playing GTA VCS and LCS but it suffers from a lot of frame drops, even with a bit of traffic. Is this common or can I kiss my ps2 goodbye?

Anyone backed drift stage in here?

No, the devs are part of the San Francisco indie cancer clique so I'm just gonna pirate it

wat.
I just want someone to post rehost the humble bundle exe so I play it.

for a call back to classic arcade racers, it sure gets everything great about those games completely wrong. Amateurishly designed shite.

it appears to play better now than it did in the public pre-alpha from what i can tell

Got a link?
I really wanna play it.

still has the same apparent issues on a fundamental design level. they should honestly give up.

pls explain

consider reading the title of the video

I regret pledging 25$ on it. The drifting and handling still feels very unnatural after several builds, even though it's a very much arcade racer.

no it doesn't, especially how fake the drifts look.
even the most arcade-like games know to punish the player for spending that long in a drift at high speed.

they're literally just rotating the car on the spot and adding skit marks, there's almost no drift mechanics at play.

I don't even like NASCAR but boy is this game fun. Also Blur totally ripped this off.

tfw you fuck up but it's k.

please, I am playing tdu2 and I want to stop, recommend me a racing game for pc that doesn't feel and runs like shit. Please I beg you, I just want to DRIVE.

It might interest you to know they made a spiritual sequel to that on the PS2.

Maybe TDU1? Driver San Fran could also work.

Anyone has the ISO for that game, I want to try it out, I've been told that it has similar mechanics to Hot Wheels Turbo Racing in terms of making stunts

emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_2_ISOs/Rumble_Racing_(USA)/151201

Here you go, though I played a bit of it and it's less stunting and more power-ups.

A little touch I like about The Crew is how it switches to an actual race car with you select Circuit spec. Like the AMG C63 becomes the actual DTM car or the F40 an F40 LM.

Made me think about this
youtube.com/watch?v=V0HTDmfoWUA

Feels more like that NASCAR racing game on PS1 that had the Craftsman Truck Series and Winston Cup cars in it with the standard cars, a mid level trim and then a super ridiculous version. I remember playing it a lot as a kid before throwing the game out along with my other PS1 and PS2 vidya as a dumb 15 year old making room for my Xbox 360 that I haven't touched in about 4 years.

im thinking of buying a used t500rs with a shifter for about 320 dollars

i was wondering what tests are there to see if the wheel is functioning right?

I think you can get away with most of the tests using the control panel. I don't know about Thrusmaster, but for Logitech wheels you can have a pretty good idea of what's working by using the joystick control panel (joy.cpl in run).

Logitech wheels will send FFB if you press a button so you can test if it works, and there's a window showing you all the buttons. Can't imagine Thrusmaster doesn't do that.

Looks like American Truck Sim just got Arizona added. Is it worth buying yet?

It's also down to $16 it looks like.

I haven't played it yet so I don't know.

It's got a demo, go try it out and see for yourself.

Like I said it's a spiritual sequel to that. Shame they never made any more.

Also this it the best song in Forza Horizon 1

no

It's on a weeklong sale anyway, not like it's going anywhere.

store.steampowered.com/app/488210/

RACING

What the fuck even is that? I'm with it up until the red powder and the orange sauce. I demand an explanation and why is it soundless?

Shit if you're that desperate for video games just play the free version of that. I'll even give you a spoonful.
addictinggames.com/sports-games/dragracerv3.jsp

Anyways S-Tuner which I post about from time to time has an actual game for it now. SLRR fans rejoice.

It was more to point how stupid that game is.

Also, nice about the game. Gave it a shot, it's pretty simple, there's not much to do and it looks very amateurish but it's still nice to be able to drive some car you've tuned. Probably more thrilling for those with dozens of exported S-Tuner cars.

Also I just noticed Drift Tuner (the S-Tuner game bit) has a few in game transactions so top kek to that

fugg

Just like
don't die
But seriously, don't let off the gas unless you absolutely need to, boost whenever seems appropriate like smashing other cars, and don't forget L1/R1 also help you turn your car.

does it actually? its seems almost impossible to go into a corner without bumping walls without slowing down

Burnout, Midnight Club, and this are all dead and ain't coming back

It's hard to tell why, I'm fairly certain a modern Lego Racers game would sell millions even if it's shit. Because nostalgia.

Why isn't Lego jumping on that?

I'm pretty sure they're making millions off the Travelers Tales games which are pretty copy paste. I still hold out hope for a modified version of the LDD with meaty gameplay. Is it too much to ask?

Also for got to mention Naughty Dog will never do another racing game spin off that blows everything else out of the water.

Isn't that pretty much the loosely minecraft styled game they released some time ago?

I really haven't checked the racing capabilities of that game. Maybe you can rice lego cars and have some races.

Did some research and:
Lego Worlds support importing LDD models, but not cars yet
Multiplayer may come at some point in this year

So maybe we could do races. No car ricing though, but maybe they'll add it at some point.

LDD import is cool tho

You don't need car ricing with legos because you can already do it in game. See Lego Racers.

Dirt series is on sale at steam. What should I get or pirate?

pick up dirt rally if you've missed it so far, otherwise meh

How about dirt 3?

did anyone blow 15 dollars on a meme game

What I meant was that you cannot edit cars in Lego Worlds right now. Maybe they'll add it at some point, but for now you're limited to the built in cars.

D3's the best all around game thanks to the variety of shit you can do. And gymkhana is half decent with a pad.
DR is focused on rallying but there's not much to do. The game is more like a simulator in that aspect.
Showdown isn't too bad but only if you can deal with the demo derby styled races.
Avoid the pretend CMR because it's pretty bad.

Is it true that Forza 6 is the best mainline Forza game? Can anybody confirm?

Found ogc's ride
ww3.autoscout24.de/classified/286918319

fucking dope

You have no idea about turning corners on Monaco while on ice.

You fucking know the ones.

I have now given up doing monthly events.

Mercedes World Racing had skid cars in it.

wew.

But each level was just a single circuit.

Considering that we are currently in an age of pure building autism, why has nobody attempted to make a totally not LEGO Racers game yet?