Smallest Total War Map Since Shogun 1

LOL

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/2JI2x
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Remember when they tried making a big map in Empire? Remember all of France being one province?

At least they got a big worldmap in Medieval 2 and Rome 2.

shit sucks fam

they'll sell Ulthuan and Lustria in a patch user
I guess Araby too
I wanna see Cathay and Nippon tho

other TW games also had more than 5 races :^)

weren't other cultures already in the games before they sold them as DLC? seeing new ones might be a pretty low chance for warhammer TW

I have four questions. I don't care about denuvo or a shitty launch or anything because I'll be pirating it when it eventually gets cracked, hopefully then it would be patched and be completed with all the DLC and whatnot. I just want to know if this game is worth a pirate or not.

Anyways my questions are
1) Is the combat AI still dogshit
2) Are fights still 1 on 1
3) Have they in any way added any more depth, similar to naval battles or whatever?
4) Have they removed anything from the previous games?
5) Do I need to be a Warhammer fan to actually get into this? I don't know anything about the series

I guess 3 and 4 are the same question :^)

Why do you even bother with AAA super duper video game when the best Warhammer Fantasy game does exist and is obviously fan made…

1. combat ai is slightly better but still kinda bad. better get some horses to chase after ranged units because archers runnning away is the most annoying shit
2. fights are still 1 v 1
3. flying units got added. no naval battles but maybe in a gay expansion? game is pretty the same depth as any other total war
4. i don't know if anything got removed other than boats, last i played was shogun 2
5. nah, its a total war game. i don't think you need to be a fan of warhammer to get into any warhammer licensed game.

Redpill me on this game user, and where to get

I've been trying to get my hands on a Shogun II torrent and all of the TPB ones seem corrupted w/ trojans and whatnot… anybody know where I can get it??

Its a CK2 mod

sorry,
I think its on the steam workshop and maybe ModDB

Then speaking of which, anyone know of a good CK2 torrent? I can ask GSG if not

Nah, im generally a buyfag. Too lazy to torrent stuff.

Yet another game made in what is quite plausibly the worst possible engine for Total War.

Somehow the Shogun 2 team managed to produce something passable in this engine, but whatever trick they pulled has clearly been forgotten by CA. Even in official trailers you can see how fucking awful the engine is.

Warscape Engine really makes me wonder what the fuck the devs were thinking?

1)It doesn't seems like it.
2) yes
3) HaHaHa no
4) Didn't bought Rome2, I bought it to show I want old world warhmmers instead of AoS
5)You either need to be fan who doesn't want 100% exacts as lore is, because game is shitty version of tabletop
or you should know nothing about tabletop and enjoy how chaos spawn look

Personally in 7h of gameplay, game crashed once and most likely because it is not made for alt tabbing all the time.
I don't want to shill for a game without chaos marks but it is quite well debugged. Optimisation is weird, I get 5 fps on close ups of combat but over 50 when looking from a bit further away.

What's wrong with it?

sorry for double post, I didn`t read entire thread because I am bit drunk right now.
Please excuse and sorry for sage but I need to say it.

you are a fucking faggot for saying this

To sum it up in a nutshell?

EVERYTHING

Heil Hitler :^)

Yeah, you're right. Im a faggot. But I still haven't actually bought a new game since CK2. I think the last game i bought was Dragon's Dogma PC port.

Yep, you caught me, I'm on Holla Forums and use Holla Forums as well. Shit. I'm probably the only one

Kayos Dorfs when?

using redpill in that context is retarded.
just say "tell me about this game" or something.

You use redpill when you're talking about actual redpill things, not just asking for random information. Return to whence you came.

Pretty good relative to past games
Yes
Naval battles are actually auto resolve now, supposedly so they could spend more time on land battles.

Agents actually fighting on the battlefield is a nice idea, but they're currently broken.
Naval Battles as previously mentioned, I wouldnt be surprised if it's added back for a Not-America expansion or something.
Nah. The basic lore is pretty simple.

Never, they're a forgotten faction.

The dev team for Rome 2 was more a less a complete new one compared to the Shogun 2 one.

It's okay as long as you have units that use projectile weapons. I wouldn't be suprised if that was the reason why they developed it in the first place, if the old one wasn't good enough to support it in the first place.
So the majority of units in Empire and Napoleon woked really well with it.

The moment close combat enters the fray though, the system just braeaks down.
Shogun 2 managed to overplay it somehow, but the faults of the engine became extremly visible in Rome 2.

I don't know if they fixed it in Empire, but guns had tons of issues in M2. They couldn't fire when stationed on walls, or if part of the unit was still moving off the top of my head.

Terrible performance and crashes

That depends on how greedy they'll get with dlc, I'm sure they'll suddenly be remembered when they exhaust all other options.

Funny, the last game I bought before totalwar was also Dragon Dogma and really I also cannot remeber when I bought new game.
Cannot call you a faggot here.

But I still will because you just decided to change topic instead of justifying why you are too lazy to torrent stuff.
So I guess we can at least agree on two things. It was good to buy dragon dogam and you are a faggot.

Never, GW show less support the better faction/game is.
We will never see them in any other role than hellcannon crew.

I can't justify my laziness. Lazy faggotry is part of my being.

It's weird that over 75% of their world map is oceans but there's no naval battles.

Well what do people expect? In past total war games they only made humans and could just reuse animation for the humans and give identical troops to each faction.
Now each warhammer faction had to have seperate animations for each unit and they had to model each and every unit while also giving them their own unique sound effects.
Fuck them for putting chaos behind a preorder wall

Was it as bad as Rome II launch?

I haven't heard anything but have been enjoying my Attila campaigns too much plus being autistic for history keeps me from scoping out this game.

The problem is that the factions in Total Warhammer don't even have new animations. 96% of every animation is recycled or at the most rescaled. Orcs, Humans, Dwarfs, Vampires, and Chaos troops all have the same jump, block, and standard swing attacks for example.

There is A LOT of corner cutting in this.

No reload animation for musket units. God knows why. No volley fire either. No bridge battles. No night battles even as vampires - The sky is just overcast.

I'm betting that once Sega announced Total Warhammer would be a series and not a standalone game Assembly had to shit this out as fast as possible to get to work on the next one.

That fuckin map looks like narnia n shit goddamn.
Actually looks smaller in comparison.

What happened to all the negative reviews?
I could've sworn there was a lot more yesterday

What negative reviews goy? Warhammer® Total War™ is a perfect game that runs like a dream, as shown by all the non detailed reviews crying their asses out that someone dared to review the game negatively and graphics whoring.

They fixed the issue that the game diodn't start because of their online verification or something similar.
So all the negative ones turned positive.

Steamtards gonna tard, which lead to them spamming negative reviews and fantards spamming positive ones. The issue with the Denuvo servers or whatever got fixed quickly and now shit "just werks".

I havent played the game.

If there are Bretonnia, Estalia, and other factions provinces…does that mean that you can fight that factions in the campaign? Do they have their own roster? AND IF YES, THEN WHY YOU CANT PLAY THEM?

tfw Tomb Kings were squatted

Bretonnia has a very small roster right now and Tilea and Estalia have the reduced Empire roster.

And you cant play them, right?

Nope. Bretonnia is supposed to get fleshed out and be made playable.

Did you know that reading a story to your children is unfair and privileged?
archive.is/2JI2x

That's one of a few reasons I'm just holding out for the Beginning of the End Times mod

Game's pretty good.

It's not a Total War game though.

It's a real-time version of the tabletop.

Is there a way of playing pirated online with other yarhar maties?

Hilarious

It's in the GSG mega.

Holding out? It has already been released. I'm playing it right now.

Fucking kill yourselves.

chaos warriors are free to get for a week now, sure you don't want to buy goyim?

It has Denuvo

I went back to playing EB2 because of the siege crashes in end times. Even running it with the .bat file I still have the crashes, but the difference is that running it from the .bat it crashes after the battle as opposed to crashing before that battle without it.

I've only tried playing dogs of war though so far. So maybe it works in places other than the border princes and not-Italy. Fuck it I'll try playing again.