What was his fucking problem?

What was his fucking problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

rappler.com/nation/178494-crimes-killings-pnp-statistics-duterte-first-year
archive.is/ibVh6
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You.

He grew up poor and watched his mom have sex with hundreds of guys.

He read an Ayn Rand book once.

That was the other guy.

He saw his mom being fucked by a BBC and liked it now you can go back to Holla Forums

But that's not Quentin Tarantino.

He found out he was gonna be replaced with a black guy.

He was the only real hero in Watchmen, everyone else was either up their own ass with personal drama or outright conspiring to decieve and manipulate the world.
Rorschach was the only one who believed in objective truth and delivering real consequences to those who commit unforgivable acts.

When did this shit happen?

Doomsday Clock, check the DC thread.

The author wanted his whole character arc to be about how wrong and ultimately useless that type was, struggling against the infinity of humanity. Which is retardedly derailed because he drove the whole plot and, realistically, 3-7 Rorschachs would have easily cleaned up New York. And in real life, complete apocalypse was adverted by consecutive nuclear disarmament treaties/New York was easily cleaned up by a single crime focused mayor.

Some people just have a really hard time comprehending that things are finite and you actually can solve giant societal problems just going case by case until it's solved, sometimes it's even just a group of assholes.

he's irish

I don't care what Moore intended if anything, but a peace based off of deception and outright conspiracy fills me with disgust.

He was the only one that was actually doing something good for humanity. Dr. Manhattan was used to fry gooks and spent his time moping about because he had stopped giving a shit about anything and Ozymandias was plotting mass murder, while the rest were just useless clowns cosplaying. Out of all the heroes Rorschach was the only one with true convictions and absolute faith in his mission and goals, and he dies a noble death fighting for what he believes in.

If Moore's aim was to portray him in a negative light he fucked up badly.

Oh, you most certainly can, all it involves is killing a whole bunch of undesirables and freaks.

It's the Watchman/DC Universe crossover thing. It's made explicitly clear, even in the way he talks, that he's not the real Rorscach

What a cartoonishly simple solution to a nuanced problem, that would never work in real life!

What? Do you have a source for that image? I'd like to read any more detailed information; I wasn't aware Duterte's campaign had had such an effect.

I don't think that was Moore's aim, despite what people claim. Moore referred to him as probably the most moral character in the book

rappler.com/nation/178494-crimes-killings-pnp-statistics-duterte-first-year

It's supposed to be disgusting. Just look at the panels of post-alien New York.
But that doesn't necessarily imply that it should be revealed. He just committed mass murder to avert the apocalypse, and amazingly, it seems to work. There's a reasonable chance that revealing it would end up killing everyone on earth. Given that possibility, are you sure you would?

He didn't avert it, he just postponed it. Truth will out, and when it is eventually revealed it will make everything worse.

Given Rorschach's journal, yes, but without it, I'm not so sure.
If it takes sufficiently long that the US and Russia get along well enough to truly be convinced that neither of them knew - maybe not.
Either way, I don't see a good reason for hastening it.

Didn't Rorschach write to President Harry Truman as a child, saying that the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings were justified?

I don't think he actually wrote to him, but
>>>/storytime/9307

With a hungarian name? That's a very bad combo…

Reminder that Alan Moore is a Leftiefag. Watchmen's ending with Russia not taking advantage of America gettting an alien attack and instead "being united" against the "greater threat" is based on the Leftie narrative of the Cold War being all about "suspicion" and "tension" (or just America/The West/Whitey's fault) rather than any maliciousness from the Reds. He surely says Joseph McCarthy shouldn't have done what he did too.

Wrong, he believed in what he wanted to believe. but the justice was his own personal drama, like mommy issues was with Miss Jupiter, and the heroes of childhood was with Owlman.

Realistically speaking Rorschach would have been killed arrested in less than three month.

Dr. Manhattan discovered and helped to develope new ways of clean energy, Ozzymandias made an economical empire and developed new ways of genetical manipulation, The Comedian fought against communist groups.

No one cares.

Well, it was an answer to an user who said that realistically 7 rorschachs would clean new york.

The Comedian was the only real hero in the book.

It seemed like even after the whole alien squid humanity would fight each other eventually because of human nature making Ozymandias' plans all for nought.

So wait why did a stubborn objectivist choose a subjective interpretation test as his symbol

cynicism and a desire to do something about it

Possibly because the Rorschach blots are black spots on a white background. In other words, while the image itself is subjective, it's either black or white.

Also irony

I think it was to mock subjective interpretations of morality, justice, and heroes themselves. It could also be a subtle metaphor for what Moore thinks Mr. A is about. You can't really read or discuss Mr. A without your own and others subjective interpretations of "ink blots". Consider that both ink blots and comics are both just ink on paper.

Go spend a few weeks on Holla Forums and then you'll know.

I remember reading somewhere he chose the inkblots as a symbol because they never touch each other or mix despite the white and black changing shape all the time.

He was probably one of the best performances in that movie.

Well, Manhattan did tell ozymandias "Nothing ever ends".

Because the colours swirl and flow around each other in that funny cloth he got from Kitty Genovese's party dress, but they never mix. He sees it as a metaphor for his own moral absolutism.
Maybe he was autistic. Jesus, he looks at an ink blot and sees an ink blot, ha!

They do touch each other right before he is killed.

I wonder what that could mean? He compromises his own morals?

Yeah, it doesn't work, random people are getting killed for light shit while the hardcore criminals are still out if more cautious.
People already want him out of office because even teens are getting killed.

They never all touch at once. I'd say the shape change has more to do with his mood than anything. The two instances where the blots come together are both when Rorschach is angry about something

Canonically, the cloth is heat sensitive, so he could just be losing his shit.

Shouldn't you know? I thought all anons are nazis nowadays.

Because he's not a moral realist. He makes an edgy speech about it at some point. He says there's nothing except the order we impose ourselves. He also describes his mask as white and black, changing positions, but never mixing - he's strict about applying his morals, but he doesn't claim they're the only objectively correct ones.
I'm guessing that sets him apart from Mr. A.

But he knows a thing or two about Rorschach's past.

I never noticed the use of colors in those panels until now.

Thanks to Snyder movie was as faithful to the comic as it was. He threw out older scripts and supposedly fought with producers to keep as much stuff from the comic in as possible. Some of the bullshit included in previous drafts:
Watchmen got off easy with Snyder. Every other considered concept I have seen was absolute shit, regardless of the pedigree of people involved. For example, Terry Gilliam wanted to downplay superhero aspects even further and focus on the effects that Dr. Manhattan had on society when he appeared. Ozzy's final plan would include time travel to prevent Dr. Manhattan from ever being created. Gillam's film would end with Watchmen story being turned from reality into a hit comic, and heroes becoming a times-square impersonators of "The Watchmen."

Bad parts of the Snyder's film are mostly leftovers from the Hayter's script. He was the one who came up with using explosions instead of the Squid and removing some of the bitterness from the original ending. At least Snyder managed to get money to make Black Freighter animation and kept out most bad ideas that studio wanted to include.

Here is an article describing some of the previous concepts:
archive.is/ibVh6
I can't find other article. It had concept art, links to the scrips, treatments, excerpts, and rumors.

I'll never say the film was a bad adaptation. Snyder was the perfect choice for it because he fucking hates super heroes apparently. Too bad it made people think he would make good superhero movies.

But Moore said that Hayter's script was the closest anyone was going to get to Watchmen. There is something to be said for updating the setting

I don't know, I'm not a psychologist. All I know is that everything about him was off-putting.

I just started reading this comic and I can already tell he's a extremist conservative.
I wasn't sure when he called out the degeneracy of society but he sucks Comedian cock like a pro, even though he was a fucking degenerate.

But isn't that correct? In a way is autism not more sane and realistic?

Every fucking time I see something new. Every fucking time.

This.

John Higgings' work as a colorist is underrated

lest it be forgotten

Bad attitude to take. Also I wonder if the felony spike included some of the terrorist activities down there.

Dem niggas afraid o' me. I have peep dat shitz fo' realz face. Tha ghettos r' hood as fuck n' r' filled wit' bloodz n' cripz, n' when the fuck tha welfare checks run out, all dem niggas gonna drown…Da hunna filth o' all their muthafuckin' sex n' murda gotta foam the fuck up 'bout their muthafuckin' waists n' all da hos n' tricks gotta look the fuck up n' shout "save us!"

N' I whisper…"Shiieet."

and meanwhile the fucking movie's color was drowned out in the ugly blue color grading that zach snyder seems to love

Yeah but user, if you have colors in your movie it might confuse your audience. How are they going to understand the subtle undertones portrayed by the actors and the dialogue if they're too distracted by a half-decent color palette?

that's why you buy it on blu ray and enable subtitles dummy

You’re right Satan. That would be Mr. A, which was Steve Ditko’s Ayn Rand inspired Chick tract comic.