SONIC ROBO BLAST 2 UPDATE

NEW SRB2 UPDATE: SLOPES ARE IN

GET IN HERE FAGGOTS

PIC VERY RELATED

srb2.org/2016/05/version-2-1-15-release/ Go here for info
srb2.org/download/
Right here. It comes in the form of a patch update for 2.1.14, or a complete download. Only download the patch update if you have 2.1.14 installed, obviously. Get the full version otherwise.

LET'S PLAY THIS SHIT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jQsV2wqOniU
mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=41033
mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=41249
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wait a minute, did you just said.

SLOPES?

AWW SHIT NIGGA

Yes

SLOPES

It's only 2.1.15 so the game isn't really rebuilt to use 'em, but they're still in the engine. I've played it for a little and have seen a couple of slopes though so they're not entirely absent. This is just a minor release, I guess. Still pretty awesome though and I wanna try SRB2 Builder and make a stage or two with slopes in them.

Shit, a fangame just fucked SEGA over.

HOLY FUCK SLOPES

Why did slopes take so long to implement?

YOU BEST NOT BE PLAYING, SON

My inner 13 year old is giddy as hell that SRB2 has finally made a noticeable improvement.

That's actually pretty cool.
Hope they revamp all the maps to find use for them.

Server where?

Yeah I'm hoping for a release by the end of the year or so. It's gonna be fun to play with all of you guys.

SEGA FANS DO WHAT NINTENDON'T

FUCKING YES
SERVER WHEN?

I don't think you all are seeing the big picture yet.

They got slopes working in the Doom engine. That means that other Doom mods can now have actual real slopes, instead of fake stair shit.
Just imagine for a moment a "regular" Doom wad that takes advantage of slopes and momentum based physics.

Now imagine for example playing it with Demonsteele

We may have just officially entered a new age for Doom mods.

Multi-cybie drifting when?

Doom has had slopes for quite some time now. Momentum so you can launch off of them? I'm not sure about that. But I can say for a fact that it does indeed have slopes, at least in GZDoom and GZDoom Builder.

I've made hills and shit before, but yeah, more momentum in shit like Demonsteele where we can dodge/dash off of a ramp into a huge leap to smash some cacodemon out of the sky would be the shit. I completely agree.

Real slopes? Are you sure?
I was under the impression that "slopes" in doom levels were just stairs cleverly disguised as something else.
I've been out of the loop for a while though so I'll take your word for it.

On that thought I wonder if they'll be able to make Green Hill style loops without breaking the game.
Might be cool to run on ceilings and shit too.

Original Doom didn't have sloped floors. Some source ports added them and standardized it. Yes, real slopes.

So they're turning idTech1 into idTech2? And it's glorified as something amazing, let alone meaningful?

Holy shit you people are retarded.

Is this the only good Sonic game in the past 5 years?

some people really like doom and are happy to learn about new features possible for it

Cool, now I can wait 4 more years for the next update

Also server where

That looks like shit.
Sonic is shit, every single game in the franchise scores below a 7.
It's worthless and you have the sonic autism infection.

Baby's first shitpost, guys!

SLOPES MOTHERCUCKER

SLOPS

>play youtube.com/watch?v=jQsV2wqOniU instead
It brings out the nostalgic, free beauty of the world of the classic Sonic games. The infinite, abstract landscapes, the adventure, and that childlike desire to explore and have fun.

It's just on par with Dreamland from the Kirby series, but instead of being a really relaxing and beautiful fairytale world like Dreamland is, it's a radical WAY PAST COOL universe of speedsters running free as they beat the shit out of a robot army.

There's an atmosphere to be experienced in every vidya, I've discovered, and they're all generally special and amazing. Holy shit. I actually feel kind of alive again. Is this what Sonic autists find in the series? Do they make OCs to feel more connected to the universe so they can feel like they're a part of it?

I feel amazing out of nowhere because of the magic I've realized. I think I know what direction Sega has to head in with their next Sonic game now, but I'm not exactly sure how to put it into words. Fuck.

Okay guys I'm going in. Gonna try my hand at making my first shitty map or something.

Found a new editor here if anyone wants to try it with me.
mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=41033

How do I make the game not control like shit?

git gud

Sick burn, bro.

What you see is what you get, get used to forward motion being the norm with left and right more being for turning than for actually moving left or right.

You can set things to strafe, though.

I just figured there'd be a way to make a controller work properly, since it has controller support.

The physics are weird at first but you'll get used to them. Use the momentum to your advantage and experiment with moving in different conditions with different amounts of speed on the first couple of levels or so. Try rebinding the controls to your liking too, if you want; it might help.

Still looks better than any recent Sonic attempt by Sega, but I seriously can't image playing a whole game from this kind of perspective.

Yeah it's a little tricky to get used to at first. Hopefully they'll add in an option to disable it later, as that'd be a pretty nice thing to be able to do.

There's been an option to disable it for literally a decade you retarded faggots.

SERVER WHERE?

IF NONE, I CAN HOST

HAHAHHAHA

ZDoom and derivatives have had slopes for years. SRB2's fork of the Doom engine, on the other hand, just now got slopes, which means that we can finally have levels more in tune with how Sonic games play.

Holy shit i'm having a blast with this thing right now.

No server host

GZDoom does though.

If you can, please host.

All these old sounds from sega genesis, its soothing me already. I can really have fun with this, great engine and interpretation of genesis conversion to 3D.

Oh I know EXACTLY why I have this boner

Is it normal if it saved every setting except the resolution and I had to manually edit the .cfg for it to finally save?

You know what this means right?
MOTHERFUCKING DOOM SURF MAPS

O YEA BABY

This is how I know this is gonna be a cool game.

Ok, gimmie a minute

Goddamnit I want to race through stages.

OK, WE SLOPES NOW, STANDARD ROOM

75.112.211.30:5029

GET IN FAGGOTS

Downloading

hosted on east coast, USA btw

Thank you, based Id.

It's id you underage fuck.

Autism isn't cool, you hug deprived fuck.

I just tried it, not really that fun, you feel completely blind on the nights levels and on 3d levels, the jumping mechanics make me feel completely gimped. And since it's a doom mod, 3rd person also has issues when you try to look up or down, since it completely off centers the position of your character making you feel blind.

I'll pass.

try using the -opengl command line, that helps

also for all the sonics, you can change your character by pressing escape -> player setup

I did, tails ability to fly pretty much carried me through whatever level the server was playing on when I joined because there were a lot of vertical sections that felt impassible with sonic. I assummed you could run up the walls or something, but I tried all the configured binds nothing worked.

Was it Aerial Garden Zone? That's basically an endgame secret map with a few jumps that Sonic can barely make on his own.

Go play the Phantasm map with Sonic and then come back. ENJOY YOUR 100% UNDER WATER LEVEL.

increase server cap please

Seconded

granted, got 10 slots now

Is it even all Holla Forumsfags? It should have a password so the slots are there for us. It's open and without one at the moment and you can even see it on the server browser as "we slopes now". It's very possible some non-Holla Forumsfags could be horking up the slots on the server.

Ah well. I hope those two extra people are having fun.

12 slots now.
Get in

expanding to 12 slots, hope she can take it

Yo OP get a password on that shit. A bunch of BR's are hogging up the slots and causing massive fuckin' lag.

Server just crashed because of it.

Just ban those who constantly get synch failures. The server always goes back to normal when they disconnect.

Doom always had slopes

Not before sourceports. The original engine didn't support slopes.

well that was a clusterfuck, let's try this again without so many BRs and betterexit

Betterexitv2
mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=41249

Server address
75.112.211.30:5029

Put betterexitv2.wad in the same directory as your SRb2 stuff

Slopes were added by ZDoom and other ports, the reason SRB2 didn't had slopes until now is because it's based on Doom Legacy, which didn't had slopes to begin with, so the SRB2 had to add them by themselves.

I know that feeling.

also the server might allow you to simply download betterexitv2 just by connecting to it, but I dont know for sure

oh yeah, use the -opengl command on the srb2win.exe to enable opengl mode, less prone to motion sickness that way

Why Carmack's expression never changed?

I thought SRB2 was based on ZDoom. Huh. Welp, all that matters is slopes are in, and we can have cool shit now.

well that was fun, calling it a night too

ZDoom does have slopes. It also has FOF, but doesn't have sloped FOF. GZDoom supports sloped FOF. What both ZDoom and GZDoom don't support is LUA scripts.
1.5/3 – Not bad.

how do you use lua/lua wads?

smug, smug never changes

Because he does what he loves with his life I guess.And that usually makes you wear a smug self satisfied face like that.

same way you use .wad files. Put it in your srb2 directory, then go into the console and type:

Also bump if anyone wants to play again

I can't figure out how to add a port to it, do I need Betterexitv2 installed for that?

I can only dream the next Sonic game will do anything close to this.

Damn is that Romero? He always was one handsome motherfucker.

(Checked) I know what you mean user. I understand that feel of adventure.

So, was it supposed to a second long?

no. I am bad at making these.