twitter.com/Grummz/with_replies
twitter.com/Grummz
archive.is/Bawj3
templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html
wired.com/2008/11/valve-tricked-h/
archive.is/j1pZW
archive.is/GR46d
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"Remember that thing you used to play called Nostalrius? Now you can enjoy that again! You'll enjoy the same low quality server speed, same complete lack of administration and same retarded playerbase, but this time you'll get to pay us $10 a month for it! Pre-subscribe to it now and get free Overwatch cosmetics!"

"We heard you say you wanted the vanilla experience. So we're making a sever where you can't buy any XP bonuses, relics or buffs. Because we never fucking listen to you, and give you what you actually want, we just fuck you up the ass and then make it look like we care."

Probably this, but to get on the legacy servers to begin with you'll need all the expansions bought despite how you'll avoid doing that shit at all.

By the way heres the source from Mark Kern.
I think I made a mistake, could actually be June 2nd rather than May 26

Nothing will happen

Nah, you'll probably have to have at least the base game if not all the expansions as well, pay the normal subscription fee, and pay another $10 fee on top of it.

IIRC the base game is $10 currently, and that includes every expansion up to WoD.

$20 and includes everything except Legion.

reminder they fucked up WoW lore and would need to re

I thought that was just the date for Kern's meeting. what's your source for this announcement?
I really doubt it would be a straight up "no", otherwise an announcement would be pointless, they could just say that anytime they want, so obviously they're planning something.

They could, but any publicity is good publicity and they have a movie coming up.

Oh the salt from the Nost beggars would be delicious.
I fucking hate Blizzard for what they became but I also hate those entitled faggots who think they were entitled to any rights while playing pirated vidya.

There's that word again.

Just play on Kronos. Most of the Nostalrius population moved there.
They can't get shutdown as their servers are in Eastern Europe.

THAT PIC IS NOT FUNNY WHY AM I LAUGHING SO HARD FUCK

Just fuck this. Fuck you. Fuck him and fuck them.

Well in this regard that guy is actually right. I'm no fucking anti-piracy moralfag cock sucker but if you pirate a game you are not entitled to it actually working. This is something I doubt anyone would disagree with. When Nost was brought down, its users all cried bitch tears about the evil devils at blizzard taking away their ability to play a pirated game for free. They really did fucking act like entitled faggots and I fucking hate you for being so retarded that I had to defend the use of "entitlement" on Holla Forums

it'll probably just be a dumb little box in the options to set your level cap at 60 or something. I can't imagine it'll be anything that takes actual effort, if anything at all.

It's used properly, if you are gonna whine publicly because some company sued you for pirating then you're a fucking twat.

If you're gonna overstep the law at least be man enough to face the consequences of your actions, those retards just lost their time on a private server and started acting like Blizzard was fucking evil because of that.

if you actually listened to the people complaining then you'd know most of the anger was aimed at Blizzard directly telling their players they don't know what they want, not that they shut down Nost.

I'm terribly sorry for even using that word as well but it's the only word that properly describes their reaction.

I'm not anti-piracy either but if you are gonna do something illegal you kinda lose all right to go all DINDU NUFFIN or act like a bitch like the mexicans are doing over Trump.

I actually listened and most of the shit flinging was about how evil Blizzard was for making them lose their Krol Blade.

seeing as how less than a tenth of the players had a Krol Blade I'd have to doubt that.

"Go fuck yourselves and buy Overwatch"

it's more likely they'd try to bundle Overwatch with some 120 dollar yearly legacy subscription to pad the sales figures, just like they did with Diablo 3.

Not literally of course you n'wah

if only you would be able to make that distinction when people call Blizzard evil.

People who get butthurt because they lost their free WoW access do throw that kind of salt.
Most of the faggots pretending they'd totally pay Blizzard $40+$12 a month to play Nostalrius are just massively bluffing.

Of course it's going to be "you have to pay us for them now". Is there really anything else they would do besides going full stalin and banning all of them?

"We are going to prosecute anyone and everyone hosting, using or thinking about a legacy server"

"Buy wow legion! coming fall 2016!"

how can something not being sold or offered in any way be pirated?

it might as well be abandonware

Sounds like its gonna be this: Buy another Wow xpac and get to replay Vanilla!, but you still have to own a wow account and be a subscriber and purchase this x-pac for having new "updates" (ie, content or more support) made to said vanilla servers.

So, Wow: $19.99
Legion: $49.99
Sub: $10.00
"Vanilla":~$29.99
TOTAL: ~$107.99ish

Getting Jewed by blizzard, again: Free.

That "pristine realms" thing they suggested was just the stupidest fucking idea ever.
It really showed that they have no goddamn clue what the players want when they say "bring back vanilla".
When I say I wish the game were like it used to be, I don't mean I want it exactly the way it is now but with harder leveling and no dungeon finder; I do want the harder leveling and no dungeon finder, but there's so many other things that I want even more.
When people say they want class identity they don't just mean they want each class to be unique. There's so much more to a class's identity than its rotational combat abilities. Situational abilities, self buffs, group buffs, debuffs that do something besides damage or increasing the damage of another ability, even flavor abilities that nobody actually ever really uses all contribute heavily to making the class feel like itself. Warlocks, who are all about curses and dark magic, haven't been able to use any curses other than curse of agony and curse of doom (which are now just "agony" (exclusive to affliction) and "doom" (exclusive to demonology)) since Cataclysm.
Dungeons should feel like they're just another place in the world that you go to to do things, except you need more than one person. Giving them some story is fine, but if you add too much it breaks immersion since it becomes painfully obvious that you're replaying the same scenario over and over again. Some of the best dungeons and raids from Vanilla had stories threaded through them, but overall still felt like they were an actual place in the world that you were visiting, rather than a series of enemy-filled corridors connecting boss arenas.
The world should feel like a world, not a railroad track that shuttles you from one plot-relevant quest hub to the next.
Rule #1 of all MMORPGs: the player is not the protagonist. You can't have 5 million chosen ones all running around doing the exact same thing. Rather, the playerS, as a whole, are the protagonist. The world isn't saved by the actions of one person 5 million times, or by the actions of some mary sue NPC while the players stand around with their thumbs up their asses. It's saved by the combined efforts of 5 million heroes working together.

Fuck, why is all of this so damn hard for them to understand?

Seriously guys, stop complaining.
Kronos is a thing, and it's hosted in Estonia or some shit.
That's where all the Nostalrius players went.
Blizzard isn't going to sell a single copy, except to retards.

It's because the company is run by SJWs who want to feel special and like they can easily accomplish something without time or effort.

Kronos is alright, pathing is a serious problem, the WoW PS threads have died because people started going every which way and then burning out

This is an important part. A lot of people playing MMOs seem to think that it's just a race to the level cap so that they can sit around waiting for arena queues or go into instanced raids.
There shoud be stuff out in the world. Bosses, pvp, interesting shit to explore and find. Things to encourage players to actually go out into the world. That's how you make the world feel alive.

They should also remember that there's more to the game than the endgame. There should be fun stuff to do at every level. The most important thing is to not railroad the players. Let them explore at their own pace.

It's going to be a picture of the nostalrius team surrounded by blizzard's lawyers.

They'll find a way to fuck it up.

because you weren't sure how to react to it?

i think that that is the default reaction if you don't know how to react; laughing

Retards made video games an 82 billion dollar industry.

am I missing something

what is happening

help

minus the chinamen?

I wonder how many of the nost dick suckers realize the reason why nsot wouldn't remove china was because china was "helping" them

One of two things

1. They'll tell the fans to fuck off

2. They'll actually do it, but fuck it up somehow, when people complain, tell them to fuck off and probably take them down later.

I'm not talking about the people who originally played the game. I'm saying people are retarded if they're going to play Blizzard just to play a vanilla game they haven't given a fuck about until they realized they can jew people out of their hard-earned money.

No they already stated they have no intentions to do true legacy realms.

They want to do the "pristine realm" bullshit. If by some odd they actually do legacy realms, it won't capture the magic of the olden days

How much did blizzard sink into the wow movie?
Will it be enough to sink them after it flops?

Why is lack of administration a bad thing?

Source?
Blizzard has chance to redeem themselves and make Vanilla servers free with a normal WoW subscription.
>implying actiblizzard is capable of rational decisions

Forgot to mention
assuming they are going to make good decisions, the servers would probably be well maintained. They're a fucking multi-billion dollar mega company. They have the resources.

consider the WoW audience, plus the fact that fantasy movies attract normalfags. It won't bomb, it's practically guaranteed to make money.

tbh I'd pay $15/month to play a good vanilla server that doesn't lag constantly and have shitty scripting like Kronos.

it would still be a big middle finger to blizz when 90% of their players quit Legion and switch to their legacy servers, ensuring blizz will fire most of their dev team (anyone who joined post-Wrath) and never release another shitty expansion again.

A man can dream.

The movie's reviews are sayings it mediocre to a fucking bomb.

They better hurry and make shit up fast, because they're losing money after investing a an hour and half giant advertisement video!

I guarantee you it will be shit.

EverQuest progression servers are unplayable broken trash; I don't doubt WoW will be somewhat more sophisticated but I am highly skeptical there will be a rolled-back separate client.

Pokebattles and Twitter integration will be there on the "legacy" server to stay, mark my words.

Actual legacy severs which will result in me throwing $15 at them or it is going to be some bastardized version of current orclords of orcnor WoW with simply no LFG button.

Here's the only good thing that can happen:
They allow legacy servers to continue.

Bonus: level one:
Sanction Nostalrius in some way. "Official" legacy server.

Bonus: level two:
They've "found" the code for an older version, and they'll set up a rinky dink couple of servers for it. My jewdar cannot detect whether these will cost extra. I think they want to be smart about this, so I don't think they'll go that route.

Honestly, I have no clue as to what will happen.

Oh, and I can't find a source to OP.

BONUS LEVEL: EXTREME ANCIENT HEBREW MAGIC:
"PRISTINE" REALMS, COST EXTRA TO GET INTO, EITHER VIA CHARACTER OPT-IN OR EXTRA SUBSCRIPTION.

You don't want that!

FUCK YOU, YOU DON'T WANT THAT

Noone was mad that nostalrius was being shut down, they were mad that it was being shut down while Blizzard still refused to provide official support for vanilla.

Vanilla WoW is pretty much abandonware since it is impossible to legally play, but Blizzard insists on holding it hostage because they won't accept the fact that all their expansions just made the game worse.

i'm not necessarily talking about community management, because as i recall nostalrius's community was actually pretty fun. i'm talking about administration in the sense that, you know, hey this quest is bugged, hey, i'm stuck and /stuck isn't working that sort of thing. i actually had to delete my first nostalrius character because i got lodged in a boulder and literally could not get out under any circumstances, and it took TWO WEEKS for a GM to get back to me ironic that my rogue named Adolfcritler was forcibly renamed two hours after creating him but that's neither here nor there

also, it might make me a filthy casual but in all honesty vanilla wow with my vanilla addons but with the pokebattles sounds pretty good tbh fam

Nost didnt want to remove china not because china was "helping" them but because chinesse players were boosting their server number, those retards think 15k people online is a great thing

And no chinesse players on Nost werent the problem, overpopulation in general was not to mention Nost literally sat on their asses doing nothing (they didnt even give raid bosses armor or spell resistances) while big griefing guilds like NOPE were giving them secret donations

Did you forget the entire fiasco with the win traders and how nost not only REVERSED their ban decision, but also let them keep all of their honor accrued?

I'm sure Nost wasn't laggy at all
Funnily enough, aside from the pathing, their scripting with enemies is better because on nost DEF isn't really calculated, which is why a lot of raid bosses went down piss easy

Are you implying chinesse players were only one who win traded? Because the whole wintrading thing started before china even started playing on server and was done by major griefing US guilds like Coalition/NOPE/Dank Budz Collective

Nost staff didnt do a single thing about it because those guilds were giving them donations, hell first Ashkandis on server after BWL was released were seen on Coalition and NOPE members and Raidstats showed they got them on FIRST run which further implies Nost staff was rigging loot drops for $$$

not def but armor and resistances were not present at all, for example one boss in Molten Core should have over 50% physical damage reduction due to high armor but rogues and warriors were doing insane dps on him according to Raidstats compared to other vanilla servers.

You don't know that, but even if that were true at least then that would be the end of the argument. As it stands, blizzard does not, so if you want to play vanilla you have no choice but to go to a private server.

Nigger you're implying the servers weren't full of Chinese and other types of F2P cancer poorfags like huehues and ruskies

Kronos2 is fucking garbage. Rage generation from damage taken is broken and you end up barely getting any rage. Getting hit for 750 at lvl 60 gives you 2 rage. Also, Berserker Rage doesn't work at all. Translation: raiding will be near impossible because Warriors won't be able to generate threat.

Also, lag.

Whatever they decide to do. If it goes through I don't want the nostalrius staff to be in charge of it.
That piece of shit was unplayable with the draw distance and all the lag.

I implied no such thing.

If they simply make it Nostalrius 1.1, with no scripting errors, no meddling admins (they weren't terrible, but even with the first of their changes to guards and "immune" spots, they lost the claim to "completely blizzlike"), a GOOD ping with no crashes, and NOT SHIT DRAW DISTANCE, I will pay a monthly fee for it gladly.

Vanilla WoW via Nostalrius was the most fun I've had playing an MMO recently, and this is coming from someone who never played it when it first came out. The people who argue "It's just nostalgia" are completely incorrect.

I highly doubt this is going to happen though, and Blizz will fuck it up just like they do with everything else they touch.

I hope I don't have to pay for it.

Hahahahahahahaha…

I wish blizzard would experiment.

Imagine hard core PVP servers where you drop items like in runescape.

Or survival mode servers.

Experimentation risks losing money.

Besides, why do you wish anything positive from that company when you know they will screw you in the end?

Permadeath PVP servers in MMOs are the shit fam.

Why must you torment me for hoping it could be atleast something good.

Have some pity you BULLIES

ignorance of such magnitude deserves bullying

It would be fair if you had to buy sub for it.
The bullshit would start at the moment they would make you pay for expansion you already have.

I am betting on they will make you pay for expansions second time.
Or at least you will be able to buy max lv like you can in WoD and cosmetic shop will be there.

Fair to pay. Not fair to pay 15$. The bill on maintaining the server(s) would be insignificant and the whole thing could be maintained by a skeleton crew since all you'd need are a few GMs and engineers.

I'd be fine if they made it a cosmetic thing to make money like stupid particle effects or mounts.

But if I actually had to pay subscription for it when its not even needed I'll just not even bother.

It's just going to be a fresh server with no character transfers.

They should look at EQ1 which has progression servers which slowly release the expansions over time.

source?

Read the thread, you dumb bastard

there's no source in the thread you damn nigger

There's no source for an announcement regarding legacy servers, the only thing happening tomorrow is Kern's meeting with Blizzard.

Its going to be

"We thought about it, and realized we are retarded and will say no"

You fucking dont understand shit, retard.

The ENTIRE FUCKING REASON why these servers exist is because blizzard doesnt provide the services the fans want. People realized this, made servers from fucking scratch and did it while coding everything ass backwards (because blizzard coding is terrible unless its the UI which can be somewhat decent at times) and gave the customers what they wanted.

Back when Gabe wasnt a massive nigger he stated in a video that Piracy was the result of bad customer service. When you can not get a product to people in a correct way (not putting bullshit DRM or region blocking people) pirates will come along and fill that void.

Its like the black market of the internet except its done for fucking free. Most people turn to piracy because of bullshit practices that force customers off of buying the product and look elsewhere.

Its been shown time and time again that when a person is given a good product at a reasonable price that is easily accessible without any issues they will more than likely spend money on it.

This isnt "entitled" at all. This is giving people what they want. People want to go to a resturant, get good service and good quality food for a reasonable price. Now some of these words now vary because we have so many retards running around giving birth to mongoloids that they cant tell what quality is or reasonable. But the truth still remains. Stop treating customers like shit, give people what they want and stop being bad at business.

Blizzard does this they will have their subs back and their profits. If not they are going to continue to sink and scream at the people who give people what they want.

Yeah like the Pandaria/Cataclysm/WotLK servers.
It's because Blizzard doesn't provide access to old servers, just that.

"We're going to be removing heirlooms, character boosting, dungeon and raid finding and the in-game shop, it's not vanilla but it's just like it, right?"

This will happen, it's written all over their first official reply to the whole controversy.

You mean like the current servers and expansions running on skeleton crews?
Remember they not only charge the same, sell the expansion, didn't even deliver the content they promised and then added a cash shop on top of that?

People actually enjoy these other servers believe it or not. People say "hey well we want to play X but cant". Devs come by and say "Fuck you, no".

So other people start up their own shit, with blackjack, and hookers.

But the company isn't forced to cater to some autistic tiny market.
I'm sure they considered it and said "FUCK IT".

That doesn't give you the right to play on pirate servers, neither does the government making cocaine illegal give you any right to start up your own drug lab.
You're being ENTITLED as fuck when you deserve fucking nothing.

Mind you, Blizzard is a pile of shit now and the expansions do suck donkey ass, but Nostalrius faggots whining is just cringey as fuck because they had 0 right to play in private servers in the first place.

What does entitlement have to do with it?
If anything that's the fucking opposite of entitlement.

Lol that word again.

People are going to fill the void no matter what it is. If you want to stop it, you fill it yourself. Thats it. Im not saying we should stop it entirely.

Drugs are completely different its like apples and space dust when you compare it. I also did not say that what people were doing was right or wrong, just saying that these things will happen when people are not getting what they want.

Its basic economics. If someone is not giving this type of service, another person will come along and supply that service, be it legally or illegally.

Something tells me you have no idea what "rights" actually are, and its relation to this topic.

Do you even understand they closed down the server through legal means right?
They didn't send the mafia or anything, Nostalgius WAS breaking the law.

If you are gonna live like a fucking pirate at least don't act like a nigger when the navy comes and fills your ass with cannonballs.

Nice meme tbh

Now we go to "Copying is stealing" Argument.

Last Blizzard game I bought was WotLK.
I've learned that the company I loved in my youth is now a pile of shit as jewish as EA, I watched it happen with my own eyes.

I'm not the guy proposing faggots to keep playing WoW forever and suck Blizzard dick and offer them money so they might throw me some scraps again user, that's 91dc1e

Copyrights are copyrights, I'm ok with pirating, but I'm not gonna go all I DINDU NUFFIN when my ISP sends me a $50k legal bill

Yes, a company is not forced to listen to you.
Neither is Sega forced to make Sonic's arms blue because some autist got triggered.

Grow up.

Sure they aren't. I'm not obliged to give them my money either. If they don't provide me with a service that I want, I'll just not provide them with my money.

That's completely logical, what is illogical is crying when they take legal actions against an illegal private server.

They're entirely in their right to close down pirate servers, and the people playing there didn't really lose anything since they were playing for free unless they were some of the autists bribing GMs for drops/etc.

No reason to be salty, I agree that Blizzard sucks shit and the expansions have been progressively making the game worse, but it's entitled as fuck to cry about a private server getting the ax since that's par for the course on the private server scene and everyone knows it.

Well, I the company making them can either

What's that? I can't do either? But I really want to play.
And I will
They aren't taking advantage of it
someone will

You CAN do it just don't fucking cry like a faggot when they close shop on you.
That's acting like the BLM niggers with their DINDU bullshit.

There is no way blizzard wont royally fuck this up, in fact im pretty sure they already have.

Yet there are faggots saying they'd hand them over their cash if they do it.

Im calling it now, it'll be horribly horrible in some way. Blizzard ruins whatever it touches nowadays.

lolno Nost niggers stole other peoples work and then decided to mask it under "anti-cheating" code because community as a whole has a rule to share these things, Nost and few other niggers who made private servers only took from community and never gave back and they made $$$ from it

Remember how Nost claimed they would release all codes/source for their server for public use then 2 weeks later said the wont because of some bullshit reason like "custom made anti-cheat" that Nost made "from scratch".

Well, they already know that people who want vanilla servers dislike things like character/exp boosts and cross-realm stuff, judging by their post about pristine servers as those were meant to be an attempted compromise. So I doubt they'll fuck up in that manner.

Dude, WoW private servers predate the official servers. A test client got leaked and people reverse engineered the code to write an entire goddamn server around it.

There was a huge lawsuit about that tho, even back then Blizzard was greedy

oh god that was great, they're no better than any other PS out there and faggots still will crusade for them

People willing to shell out money for "official" blizzard servers tend to be the ones who won't admit to pre-ordering modern games, hell most of the nost kids actually admitted to have legion pre-ordered around the time nost got shut down

great fallacy, the problem is Trinity core and MANGOS aren't based off any Blizzard code and as such blizzard themselves have no legal grounds because of this

We have niggers out there who legitimately think Dire Maul came out in 1.6 because nost is fucking stupid and can't do shit themselves and relied on their "community" to fix shit for them (sounds like a certain AAA company)

Is it broken or are you just used to Nost's hackney coding that made bosses piss easy

and yet people claimed it was the most "blizzlike" server, a term that should frankly fuck off and die

The pattern seems to be shit according to critics, good according to wowfags. The people who fall into neither of those categories will likely be a mixed bag.

Warcraft movie sucks ass, they turned orcs into dindu nuffins, Durotan and his pregnant wife are "the good guys" and help fight the "evil" orcs

also Ner'zhul starts ripping open portals before the burning legion comes, the entire movie seems to be oozing pro-immigration propaganda

It shits all over Warcraft lore harder then WoW and Chris Metzen with a stiffy

They should know that the trolls are the dindu nuffins and ganja smoking rasta mons of warcraft world

no in this the orcs are muslim rapefugees more or less, the entire plot reeks of pro-immigration propaganda

Speaking of warcraft, always hated how they butchered the Blood Elves in WoW

bump

Warcraft movie should deal with WC1 storyline where orcs raided and destroyed Stormwind, WC2 added Trolls/Ogres and High Elves and i wouldnt be surprised if Warcraft 2 movie gets made they will turn High Elves into slavers and Trolls into slaves who rebel against their masters

Update

but it won't

even if they announced them you'd have to be 4chan level of cucked to want to pay acti-jew money

If they give me exactly what I want, I wouldn't have a problem paying for it.
Though, I doubt they won't fuck it up.

"I'll pay to be fucked in the butt ifthey use the lube I want"

>>>/4chan/
you have to go back

Are you talking in memes?

Are you alright?

Blizzard's attempts to make the horde a relatable faction since WC3 is the longest running failure in vidya storytelling by far, in a way it's been prepared for the hollywood "treatment" for a long time already.

what a pointless fucking update, kern is such a sperg.
Anyway, don't know what OP was thinking, there isn't going to be actual news for a while yet.

can you elaborate?

Did you not see pristine servers, that's as far as they're willing to go I bet, if not they'll find a way to shove cash shop into legacy servers

You're a fucking idiot who enjoys being fucked in the ass by a company as so long as they use the lube he likes

Blame Metzen

Well that wouldn't be exactly what I want, now would it? Please note the use of the word "if" in my earlier post.

You are changing the topic.

My entire statement is predicated on getting exactly what I want. That is not exactly what I want.

Is this too complex to recognize?

"It's not what I want"
But you want legacy servers goy, and here they are, now why not just pay 9.99 for a quick EXP boost or an honor booster, how about quicker access to warlord's great axe?

Are you jumping IDs, it seems it

? It's the same as my last post.

And irrelevant again. You keep trying to force this issue. The statement stands and there's nothing wrong with it: if they give legacy players exactly what they want, then it's worth paying money for. As are all services that provide you something you want.

In short, make them actual villains that are fun and brutal antagonists (kind of like that one franchise with war in the title, hint hint) or make them not be villains, but another faction in a conflict, neither wrong nor right to get people invested in an ongoing saga or an epic. Blizzard tried option b and halfassed it so badly the only people that prefer horde enjoy warhammer-like orcs more anyway. WC3 itself had kind of a redemption theme going on for the horde, so whatever, then by TFT the story had changed and they dindu nothing wrong in the first place by their own reckoning. Even saying it's for kids is not a valid excuse, when it's more like it was written by them. Lucas would be a fan.

But they won't, they never will, your best bet is private servers, you're expecting a company who is pushing out a new expansion to turn around and tell people that they can have an older version of the game

Everything you're asking for is the wishful thinking of an idiot who probably had legion on pre-order

Plausible outcome? They do go ahead and jew the fuck out of people that want legacy servers, but private server operators are somehow able to use the data and behavior on them to make their emulation more accurate.

See, when this happened with Jagex and RS3 and OSRS, they wanted to split the member ships if they didn't get enough people interested in the new servers. But demand was so high that now OSRS has its f2p component and shares the same membership as the regular game.
That brought them a lot of their old player base back that left when EOC kicked in.
If blizz is smart, they will see the new subs as enough and just require the base game. But Blizz isn't smart, they will want to milk this for all its worth. Its probably going to require all the expansions. They need to pad their sales something fierce.

What people dont understand is that Blizzard is ruining WoW on purpose for the last few years because they want to branch out in money making

Blizzard became big because of WoW with subscription and in last few years they noticed "Free" games with cash shops and micro transactions are giving more and more money with virtually 0 investment like CS:GO/Dota2/LoL etc

Thats why they are runing WoW and slowly pushing their playerbase to other games like Overwatch, Hearthstone etc, they didnt want that in first place but their Titan MMOFPS (which was meant to replace WoW) failed hard so they decided to go with Plan B

Hearthstone was literally made by 2 bored WoW devs in less than 3 weekends (6 days) and Overwatch is just TF2 with doodads and models/skins copy pasted from failed TITAN mmo and HotS is literally even more casual version of LoL which has SC2 editor models, in fact i can bet my right arm they actually stole those models from that Azeroth project (i forgot exact name) in SC2 where people were recreating WC3 races/maps/models in SC2 editor.

Blizzard has a new policy that states they only focus on one IP per genre, SC2 is still recent and wont die out in years to come same with Diablo

I don't know if their final objective was truly to just ruin WoW instead of just milking the fuck out of it with skeleton crews because they knew WoW players are addicted so why would they bother putting any real effort on it?
WoW is pretty much giving them free money.

any news?

Mike Morhaime wanted to casualize WoW to extreme lengths to attract more and more people to sub but it backfired on him so in order to cut their losses wanted to branch out and just let WoW eventually die out, like you said they just let it run on skeleton crews

I found the Alliance fanbabby, what do I win?

The WoW team at blizzard currently has just as many people working on it as Overwatch right now.

If that's a skeleton crew I've been using the term incorrectly.

Riot has a staff of 1500 and they took 3 years adding basic features to their game.
I wonder if WoW's team is the same considering how bad the last 3 expansions have been.

Cata's endgame sucked ass but the low level questing became a lot better. MoP was the best expansion yet hands down. The story was good, the gameplay was good and the raids were excellent. The pandas drove a lot of people away but the content in the expansion itself was superb.

WoD has been utter dogshit though.

BAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm open to discussion. What would you say was wrong with it?

WoW had 120 people working on it in 2009, i am not counting support or community managers but actual people working on game

Nost had 20 people working on it so its safe to assume WoD has between 30 to 50 people

the casual raids reached critical casual mass at that point, but i agree that of the modern expansions pandaria was least bad

that said, what the fuck do i know? I really loved cataclysm

Cataclysm had a nice start before they casualized all the heroics and dumbed down everything.
One of the few seasons in WoW where mana management was a thing.

Was WoW ever good?

wrath wasn't that bad imo

i guess towards the end when the LFG interface was implemented was an indication of the bullshit to come, but overall wrath was pretty good

The game itself was like a lot of multiplayer games: kinda lame.

But for some reason, the community was a lot better than. It was a lot more sandboxy. People would go around looking for hijinx. The loot treadmill wasn't a "thing" yet. Like a lot of people simply didn't give a shit.

Wrath had the worst raids, ulduar was the only good thing to come out of WOTLK

nost also had bought code and the foundation of the Vanilla engine built FOR THEM

Didn't look at it that way, we'd get better private servers and idiots would pay for the betterment of the MANGOS core

naxx was pretty good

it wasn't technically from wrath, but it was well designed

the entire tournament was just stupid, i'll grant you that. the dragon raidlets were kinda cheap. malygos wasn't as bad as anyone remembers though, the only reason anyone ever hated it was because nobody knew how to to the vehicle section and always wiped it. icc wasn't terrible, but it could have been better.

i would say mop and wod had the worst raids if only because of lfr

Icecrown was great. You're not, though.

Oh yea I just loved running through a casualized version of a raid already done to death. Really showed how much blizzard liked their userbase too, first raid of a new expansion? Have a rehash

Wotlk is where the game died and started rotting into other expansions

Didn't Blizzard claim only like 2% of the players had completed Naxx in Vanilla?

right, you were one of the 100 people in the entire world who ever went into 40 naxx. cool story, bruh.

meanwhile, the rest of us barely even got attunement before TBC dropped

More like practically not done at all.

Ok im out, have fun gobbling blizzards dick

WEW
E
W

So what happened.

Kern's on twatter talking about how he shilled people's ideas atm.

it wasn't recycled though. effectively, for almost all of the userbase, naxx basically didn't exist, no one had ever seen it.

before wrath, you still had to get attuned to even get inside, people just weren't doing that after TBC came out, there was no reason to go into naxx and it still would have been quite a difficult raid for 40 lvl 70s. and you wouldn't have even been able to gather that many lvl 70s who were also attuned to go into a raid that doesn't give any loot. it was entirely reasonable to bring it back. it was a bit cheap, but there were reasons to do it.

obviously it would have been preferable for them to implement some kind of time warp mechanic where players could play older scaled up raids for valid rewards like valor points or something, but they decided to just cut/paste one raid that hadn't been actually seen by almost everyone. that was lazy. but it was reasonable.

so they announced that they were going to talk to people?

He said he already had.

twitter.com/Grummz/with_replies

which side are you on lad?

technically, the kikes in this instance would be the people complaining that a product (that required work and effort) isn't free.
Don't you Holla Forumstards hate communism?

You dont seem to have an even basic understanding of communism

I was iterating the understanding of communism that Holla Forumslacks have, to communicate with one.

I'm aware it's not that simplistic.

Literally shutting down something that doesn't even hurt your buisness is not only dumb, it's anti-capitalistic. Why do youu think they backpedaled so fast and announced that they summoned to a meeting right after the announcement?
If they shut down WoD/Pandaria server I'd understand but this is different.

they summoned the nos team*

shutting down something for infringing upon copyright is just about as capitalistic as it gets. Forcing people to use your product if they want to play that game is also, capitalistic.

In neither nigger, I'd love to watch Blizzard burn but I'm not gonna support faggots who are being massive hypocrites akin to BLM for it.

So… did Blizz make the announcement yet?

No those would be niggers, kikes would be charging for air and tap water if they could.

communism refers to a social state in which the means of production are owned by the population, and within which production is controlled in order to provide everyone according to their means. it as well refers to a breaking down of social barrier and status, so no bourgeois/proletariat.
happy now, nigger?

you've clearly never argued with Holla Forumslacks before.

Bottled water. Fresh from my sink. Oy vey, I live 20 miles from a mountain spring! It's so fresh and pure!

Touché

it's not the first time that a PS has been given the C&D

But you're right nost children are cancer

you mean they're paying lip service to the retards

They were taking "donations" from top guilds, ass candy pretty much dropped in the first raid for NOPE who also heavily donated to a 3rd party armory for Private servers, there was a fair bit of money changing hands, but the fans of nost were just dumb, same people probably bought into the playTBC hype

Most places dont need bottled water but man, ive been to a place in italy where almost everyone drank bottled water and I can say that was for a good reason. Its still a scam though

It's not like they were stealing money from blizzard mate, the only reason they shut down the server is because they're too proud to admit that some people preferred their old product to the new one.
Of course it's in their right to do so, but they're fucking assholes for doing it, wouldn't you agree?

what's wrong with that?

ignore my shitposting, continue your thread

okay, fuck you. i paid for vanilla and now vanilla doesn't exist. it was stolen from me because blizzard decided they wanted to destroy the best part of their game. to make way for their worst expansion.

sure, it's entirely legal for them to do that, but it's a shitty thing to do. millions and millions of people paid for vanilla and continued paying for it for 2 expansions. then, the third expansion came along and destroyed everything that everyone who played the game had paid for and sometimes grew up with and you know what happened? subscription numbers started going down for the very first time since the game launched.

they gave up on vanilla when cataclysm dropped. they're not running vanilla content anymore, people want vanilla content and are willing to not only pay for it, but evidently also willing to break the law to do it. and instead of learning from that, blizzard shut them down and shat on their fans. they're sitting on vanilla for no reason. they had nothing to gain by shutting down nostalrius unless they planned on implementing their own legacy servers WHICH THEY WERE NOT.

that wasn't a jewish thing to do, that was just fucking insane, if not evil.

Guess what these people are. Definitely not your friend.

I bet you support Bernie Sanders too

According to Kern's tweets the Blizz team handling WoW "Is in LISTEN" mode

It's likely lip service at best

Considering you paid for a build of "Vanilla" that was grossly gimped compared to the original idea you seem like a good goy

Here have a video to see what you missed

last time I checked, Kotick wasn't a Semitic name

I don't think the chinese, spics and huehues have any intention to pay for shit, on the contrary, they were farming jewgolds to sell to the autists as usual.
But if they were, that's more of a reason to tell those faggots to go suck cocks in hell.

I honestly doubt Blizzard will get any money out of it though, they are clearly tired of wasting any efforts on WoW and vanilla nostalgiafags wouldn't really make up enough numbers nor stay playing the same old shit forever.

I'll support anyone that says they are against the Clinton/Bush plutocracy

You could have a Warrior and a Druid being Tank and Sub Tank respectively, the Warrior tanks the boss and the Druid tanks the adds, If you had huge DPS then you could take down dungeons quickly with little to no recovery time.

I go Druid in a dungeon, find out my healer was complete shit, thought "Oh I can sub-heal" and start healing as we had quite high DPS, they start acting like a whiny shit saying "If you wanted to heal then why did you go DPS?".

Prior to the LFG thing, dungeons (at least the early dungeons) were fun little fuck arounds, you could have a team of Warriors turn up or a Team of Druids but after it, there was no reason not to use the LFG and it kinda killed the fun of dungeoning for me.

Man I miss all Druid dungeons where nobody gave a shit and constantly changed roles.

So why haven't you voted for Trump yet?

Well it's the first time a server this popular was shut down. Or at least it's the first time the shutting down of a server made the news…

I wasn't aware of the donations thing, since I actually never played the game. I'll admit it's sketchy but how many money are we talking about?

because I live in California.

Our greatest ally?

Everyone that works at Activision is a kike, no exceptions.

Worse so, it would split the player base more and we all know Blizzard is trying their hardest with cross-realm to pretend the servers aren't dying out since they stopped bragging about their player numbers.

He explicitly said to ignore him. Are you defective?

Except the poor interns, silly goyim doing it FOR FREE

What was the announcement?

You'd think that they'd want to make money, though. There's a service that many people are begging to resume paying for, a service that Blizzard can provide for almost no cost at all, as the work had already been done years ago, but Blizzard would rather throw tantrums instead. It just makes no sense. It's money for nothing and they aren't interested.

ICC was shit. The only good fight was Putricide. Blood Queen was a gimmick fight. Sindragosa was a "do nothing 80% of the time" fight. And LK was the beginning of the end for stacking raid cooldowns; also we had to sit our resto druids and bring it Paladin alts for the fight. The fight also HEAVILY favored class stacking with the valkyrs and ranged AoE needed. Also, limited attempts were worse than dungeon finder. At least dungeon finder serves a purpose even if breaks the community. Limited attempts are just a way to limit how much fun you can have and piss everyone off because of game crash/internet dropping and losing one of your precious attempts.

No concrete number, but there was a huge debacle with a few top guilds, one of the bigger ones was COALITION and NOPE were using bots to keep tabs on world bosses, and instead of banning the offending accounts like any sane person would, GMs only shut down their alts used to bot

Then there was the win trading thing where win traders got banned, and shortly after they got not only unbanned but got to retain all accrued honor ontop of it

Then we had the chinese gold farmers actually set up a systme that kept the prices on the AH fixed and even went so far as to have guilds on both factions lock down the devilsaur spawns fixing the prices of Dsaur leather

Nost as a server really had just popularity going for it, and what I find funny is not many people remember or want to when Nost was adamant about never making a PvE server, then they went and made one and had a stupid event on their main server to kick it off, the custom event was so poorly scripted the server crashed about 5 times before they skipped everything and went to open the PvE server

see pic related

Dungeon finder worked when it was meeting stones and innkeepers with TBC pretty much allowing you to look for a group anywhere in the world, wrath killed a lot of world PvP and danger with retooling it so you'd be TP'ed to the dungeon AND they gave incentive to use it by giving boosts to damage and exp earned ontop of the item bag

this stinks like a Mmo champion shill

oh senpai, you pay attention to me?
*blush*

i didn't, actually. because i assumed that blizzard would shut it down. what i didn't expect was that blizzard wouldn't then implement their own legacy servers after seeing all the demand there is. the people who used nostalrius only represented the people who were willing to break the law to play vanilla again and also didn't care that it was a bit fucked up.

all blizzard has to do is put up some servers with the original post-naxx vanilla code and they could pick up all the people who played nostalrius as well as all the people who were too scared to break the law or didn't want to play on a fucked up, volatile server that could get shut down at any time. and then if that's successful, they could do the same for tbc and wrath and nothing else because those are the only expansions anyone liked.

it's their own fault in the first place. if cataclysm had never happened, the demand for legacy servers would be negligible. as it stands, the reason people want legacy servers is because of nostalgia (nostalrius). if cataclysm had never happened and vanilla azeroth was left intact, the only people who would want legacy servers would be people who want to do vanilla raids as they were originally intended to be done, at level cap 60.

fuck blizzard

When you're a huge company like Blizzard whose current strategy is shifting to mobile casual games stoping and wasting manpower to please to some 100 autists who want to play vanilla forever that due to scale issues it would be highly ineffective at making a profit.

Close, you were only 250,900 off.

Well maymayed, my friend.

You realize how stupid you sound when you claim private servers are garbage because they don't last forever and in the same breath assumed the original WoW would be shut down which shows you thought it would have a finite lifespan, not to mention WoW early on had down times and hiccups

You mean like how it's done on private servers? what you think people on private servers can run into MC at level 3 and start firing off kill commands to get mobs to die and loot them then use the level command? is your experience with private servers fucking PTRs?

To be fair, 80% of the nost population was chinese gold farmers and the servers they kept locked and always had a pop cap of "high"

They probably cooked their numbers to an extent

Ok so there was some minor shekel-juggling going on Nost too.
But doesn't this make look blizzard even worse?
People read: nostalgic autists were starving so much for a Vanilla server that they'd put up with incompetent admins and favoritism just to get their childhood game back.

To be honest I don't understand the hate towards them.

Once you factor in the fact that most private servers are filled with people who simply don't want to pay or are not willing to pay and the people who actually would open their wallet are a minority like in every other F2P game and their whales, it really is a pretty low number, even more so considering how people would just move on, just like they do in current WoW because they get bored.

i misunderstood your previous post. i did pay for vanilla wow, what i was saying i didn't pay for was private servers. i assumed blizzard would shut down the private servers. it annoys me that vanilla is just gone forever now and blizzard have no intention of bringing it back to such a degree that when someone else tried to bring it back, at literally no detriment to blizzard since they are no longer hosting this content, they get their lawyers to shut it down for no reason.

It's a catch-22 case.
You have faggots who think Blizzard has no right to shut down their illegal pirate server.
Then even if they do pay up that makes them autistic fanboys who are throwing money at a really shit company.

By USA law if you don't defend your product in court in a case like this they can lose the copyright.
They're pretty much forced to defend it.

It's almost like some (((lawyer))) made this stuff up to make some shekels insuring himself some work or something.

yeah no, the boat has sailed now. blizzard can't be trusted. even if they do implement legacy servers now, i would advise people to not use them in protest of blizzard's fucking petty business practices.

don't fucking sit on the copyright if you don't intend to use it. fucking dog in the manger.

You're probably right, I got defensive because when you hear somebody not giving Blizzard shit it's either a shill or a good goy trying to escape from his buyer's remorse.

I still believe that blizz pulled a dick move tho.

If a server gets too big they HAVE to take it down, it's the way copyright works in the US.
They usually don't give a flying fuck about small servers with 12 idiots even though there are entire list of pirate servers online, huge ones being left alone can come back and bite them in the ass in court later though.

That's why Nintendo and every company lawyers up any time someone is doing a fan remake of their games even if it wouldn't really harm them and even revive interest to the franchise.

People keep on saying this but never provide an actual example.

so where's that announcement?

Soonâ„¢

Read Mark's Twitter: twitter.com/Grummz

Go consult a copyright lawyer if you want more details.

>archive.is/Bawj3
Here, apparently Blizzard itself went over it recently.

It's because a lot of private servers go down because said servers typically are making bank of a IP that isn't theirs

for all intents and purposes, the original code for WoW isn't used in private servers, a lot of servers use a emulator called Mangos or a fork of it called Trinitycore

One of the GMs on nost got so triggered by barrens chat he once muted all of barrens

That's because it's actually false, as the article links to says.

Of course, their justification is in the next sentence:

Absolutely none of that is actual copyright law, it's just bullshit they cooked up. The only part of IP law that features a potential loss of rights over lack of prosecution is trademark law, and that is completely irrelevant here.

Tell that to all the shut down remakes ever.
Companies have to protect their copyrights, private servers of ALL GAMES get sued and shut down when they get too big, even some from dead games that no longer have servers.

This isn't something Blizzard just made up right now, this is industry standard and if they ARE pulling it out of their ass then the lawyers really have pulled a fast one on all of us for decades.

except most people would go play the vanilla server, realize how utter dog shit the game was back then and then either go back to muh legion or just quit altogether. Look, I played a ton of vanilla back then and quite enjoyed it but would I go back to it save for a "oh hey, I remember this moment"? No. I do not want to return to the endless grinding for herbs as my resto druid just so I could make potions for raid night.
Sure, there are people who just actually enjoy vanilla for what it is, taste being a subjective thing, but to think that the majority of players would just say "fuck you legion" is being a bit delusional. I mean Nost had what, a few hundred thousand compared to the still millions of blizzdrones still playing the base game AND paying for it?
I like the idea of being able to pop into old versions of the game for the base sub or maybe like 1-3 dollars extra (muh server costs etc.) but that's more of just from an archival standpoint than any sense of wanting to play the game. Besides, what if prefer Burning Crusade? or Wrath? or I'm utterly retarded and decide Cata is my chosen expansion?

The reason why companies shut down remakes is because they believe it will cut into their profits. Yes, even when they haven't sold the product for years- if they decide to release an anniversary version, the presence of a fan remake might kill its sales. Is that miserly and not very nice to their loyal community? Of course it is, but most businesses are not famous for throwing away money or giving a shit about their fans. It is an industry standard not for some ridiculous fear of "losing their copyright", it's because it could theoretically cut into their profits.

Under certain European countries' law that's entirely OK, in USA you'd get fucked.
Remember kids, never host your private servers in America, Germany or another of the extremely jewed countries, go for the shitholes like Russia or China where they'll just laugh when they get a C&D letter from Blizzard and use it to roll a joint.

Well if the server owner is living in America that won't save you anyway.

You don't seem to understand what a precedent is.
Regardless its pointless to talk about this shit since neither of us are lawyers.

I don't give a shit about industry "standards", just don't spread lies.

>templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html

read ^

On the contrary, precedent states that the copyright holder's "bundle of rights" cannot be taken away by merely aping his work. Mickey Mouse Meets the Air Pirates pretty much sealed that decades ago.
I am a licensed attorney, but don't believe some guy on the internet, go look up the law yourself. It is crystal clear thanks to decades of copyright law, forming, as you mention, an exceptionally strong precedent favoring the copyright holder.

Funnily enough, Nost themselves never got the C&D letter, their HOST got a typical "mean worded" letter from Blizzard, what is baffling is they didn't just move hosts

Thanks for the link. To quote:

Don't forget that part :^)

You didnt even read the post you quoted, good job

As I said earlier, trademarks aren't copyright. If Nostalrius had become so big that the average consumer actually thought the name "World of Warcraft" referred to Nostalrius and not Blizzard's game, then there might be a trademark issue. But the copyright was and is an entirely separate issue, and rock-solid regardless.

So how big does an outright copy of World of Warcraft need to be for it to be a legal problem?

When is it okay for Blizzard to use their lawyers? 200k users? 2 million?

legit question

I remember Holla Forums mentioning Nost was being fucking retarded when they picked their host since before they even opened up.

doesn't matter how big if they end up making money off it, another problem nost had was the cancer that is streamers in the server, those guys obviously make bank off playing so yeah, Blizz DID go after streamers streaming, but there were one or two

Apparently you don't even really need to make money out of it to get in trouble in the USA, it just makes it worse when you do get fined.

How big? For copyright, it doesn't matter at all. That's why Lucasfilm let all those people make Star Wars fan films, they knew they could kill any project they wanted at any time if they felt like it by pulling copyright on them.

The only real issue would be trademark, and if Blizzard had said "we're going after Nostalrius to protect our trademark", everyone would have groaned and went along with it because trademark lawyers are fucking paranoid about trademark. But this copyright stuff is bullshit.

To clarify: I don't know if Nostalrius went around using the World of Warcraft name or logo or other trademarks of Blizzard. If they did, Blizzard has a legal reason, as weak as it is. If they didn't, Blizzard doesn't have a "protecting trademark" reason, they have a profit reason, which is good enough for a company anyway.

So any chances "World of Warcraft Executive Producer and Vice President J. Allen Brack" just confused 'copyright' with 'trademark' like me and hundreds of retards did and if he had said trademark he would had been right?

If Nostalrius actually used the World of Warcraft name when advertising themselves in a way that could possibly confuse someone into thinking they were the legitimate owners of the World of Warcraft trademark (i.e., they thought they were Blizzard), then yeah, there's an argument. But I don't know all the specifics.

The entire thing with software and copyright laws is pretty muddy territory really, in the case of WoW private servers they are making EXACT copies of the game by rewriting it and reusing every single asset and client.

If it was the chinks doing it and just adding Shrek's ears to the orcs it would be pretty fucking shameless really. Video related.

Then again, Warcraft is a blatant rip off from Warhammer with a coat of paint just like Starcraft since Jeworkshops decided to cancel their deal when the game was almost done, so in a way it's some sort of karmic justice like what happened with DOTA2.

Nostalrius was definitely, without a single doubt, infringing on Blizzard's copyright. They've got the same characters, the same world, the same designs, the same everything because, like you said, it was just an exact copy of the game. So Blizzard crushed their dick into red paste and no one argued they couldn't.

But Blizzard is now saying "oh, we only did it because we had to protect our copyright", and that's legally bullshit. They should just own up and say "it's our copyright, suck it faggots" and deal with the negative fan backlash instead of making up stuff.

Companies are huge PR cucks though, unless they are privately held companies they have to make sure not to piss off any of their shareholders or damage their assets.

Watching small companies just tell people to fuck off is certainly closer to Holla Forums's style.

Why don't they just have realms based on expansion packs? So you have vanilla realm, then BC realm, then WOTTLK realm and so on, but at anytime you can transfer your character from an earlier realm to a later realm almost as if to imply the passage of time but you can only do that if you paid for the expansion and you can't go backwards it's free if you own the pack. Each character you create can do that to any future point. Of course you'd have multiple of each expansion.

that's some real shit right there. i'm keeping that in mind

Spreading the community is a bad idea, specially now that the player base is on decline and they enabled cross-server phasing to make the world look less dead.

Are you inbred?

Because it admits that they fucked up and can no longer push out quality products, why would they push for legacy servers with Legion coming out, they don't want their new product competing with essentially an older less feature filled build of the game. The rest of your post is wishful thinking

Typically data on a database will be numbered, and I've never seen it transfers are probably a nightmare having to reassign a value to a account unless each account has a unique ID that is not shared with other accounts on other realms/servers

Nost before launch was heavily marketed as "a true 'blizzlike' experience"

The word blizzlike is a buzzword of the highest caliber simply because people warp it to defend a server, I've seen one guy post in the WoW PS thread he wouldn't play Kronos because of a ONE TIME leveling event that would never happen again and that "blizzlike" to him meant a flat x1 EXP rate, that's it.

Nost was a clusterfuck and made me sick of seeing the term blizzlike

Nost was retardedly broken, just most of the people didn't want to acknowledge it, see the webm for an example, the 8ch guild found a bug with doomguard summoning and proceeded to abuse it and actually used it to shut down the entrance to Zul'Gurub

and some stills of it

That's fucking beautiful.

Oh we did it in a few other places, not to the same effect, but this glitch let you spawn a large number of doomguards

Nost was buggy in it's pathing, yes pets worked properly but I sometimes think that they just set the mobs to get to the player regardless of incline, or walls, I snagged these from a thread a while back when Rtas was showing how broken the pathing was in that he pulled a boss from UBRS into LBRS which reinforced my theory of there was no actual pathing on nost

but i've already seen it. it's actually pretty good, especially if you're familiar with the warcraft/wow universe

So, my DM is forcing us to play the World of Warcraft Roleplay tabletop game.

Is there somewhere to read actual lore and not fanshit about it?
So far the only thing I got is:

as shit as wow lore may be, it's too expansive to summarize easily
read the wowiki

play warcraft 1-3 + frozen throne then just read up on the rest on wikis. lore got fucked around tbc anyway so you should probably just quit there.

Just keep this in mind: a bunch of DnD nerds made it up on the spot from the popular fantasy of the time. Don't expect it to make any sense.

The universe has been rewritten twice. Once in Warcraft 3 and again in Chronicle. The movie is a cinematic universe with no bearing on anything else.

Good luck.

Everyone gets corrupted, trust no one.

wait you guys did that? How?

They're limp-wristed homos since WC3 for no apparent reason.
They're pretty much the only redeemable race.
Well they're elves.
Night elves aren't intended to be a drow rip off. They're like normal elves but they've got moon/nature powers.
They're elves but they've got a mana addiction. They suck dick, not blood.
The Horde and Alliance fight when there isn't some world-threatening evil.
Back on Draenor they were, since they had no one to fight but themselves, now they don't fight each other because they've got other things to fight since they invaded Azeroth (demons fucked up their homeworld.)
Pretty much, yeah.
They use demonic power to fight demons, so all demon hunters are demons but they're not with the Burning Legion, which are the demons that want to kill everything.

Corruption.

Let's just do this right:
Eurocucks who are getting invaded by literally everyone
Ruskies
Faggots
Goth Faggots
Niggers
Sea Niggers
Native Americans
Mexicans
edgy goth faggots who blink and *unsheat diskatana*

Being good at computer games is how

We also used this to shut down the flight path at lakeshire and to a lesser extent on the boardwalk

I still remember this, Rtas did the filming and Toomykins did the editing, with Rtas uploading all the raw footage to his channel

You're thinking of undead. Night elves are wiccan faggots.

I thought the undead were the gays with aids and the forsaken were gays with identity issues

so, what was the announcement?

Also, this may be because I'm too /tg/ to actually notice a difference, but everything I've read about Arthas is that he's literally Horus Lupercal

So here's a big thing, Demons in Warcraft are not beings of pure evil whatever. They're not like biblical demons. They're all alien races that at one point or another joined the Burning Legion, either willingly or by force. The only thing close to a being of pure evil in WoW are the Nathrezim - the big vampire guys - because they were unnaturally created by pure chaotic energies (which is also known as Fel, aka the magic that demons use, aka fucking space radiation) - though they still have free will and can fight for good if they wanted to. When you join the Burning Legion, your soul is anchored to the Nether which effectively makes you immortal.

What actually makes you a demon - whether it be using demon magic or having your soul anchored or simply identifying as a demon - hasn't been expanded upon.

Demon Hunters are lead by a Night Elf who mastered demon magic. Whether or not that makes him a demon depends on your view of the situation.

nothing, absolutely nothing

The trick is that they're luring the guy to the building so they can serve him lawsuit papers.

The origin of Warcraft was Games Workshop hiring Blizzard to make a Warhammer game, once the game was almost finished GW decided to drop that shit and run like the baby wasn't his.
Blizzard changed some names around and pulled a ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL, it has branches away though but it's so fucking full of cliches and bad writing the similarities just keep coming.

So even tho corruption is a thing, mastering the art of demon magic trough the skull of whatever doesn't corrupt you?

Or are corrupted beings not really evil and the evil demons are just demons that happen to be evil?

"I understand your frustration."

Oh, that would explain Starcraft too.

So I just have to play it like a noblebright version of the Warhammer Fantasy RPG, right?

That would be completely pointless, there would be no need to do that in person.

Are you underage or did you forget what Valve did to the guy who leaked HL2?

They "offered" him a job, and when he went to their offices, they had him arrested

Better than the Warcraft movie

Because he was outside of their legal jurisdiction, Nost devs are not. That's the entire reason they were able to shut down the server in the first place.

Corruption is a point of view at this point.

Illidan was said to be "corrupted" in Burning Crusade which literally anyone who played War3 would know was a bunch of bullshit. Lo and behold with Legion coming out and that Illidan novel recently shedding light on what he was up to, it turns out that Illidan wasn't corrupted at fucking all. In fact, he was the only one who knew what the fuck he was doing in this clusterfuck that Blizzard is desperately trying to get themselves out of. He was only a bad guy in BC because Blizzard needed a familiar face to promote their new game. That's literally it.

If you really want to get into it, Chronicle introduces a ton of shit that points to the Burning Legion being alright dudes that are actually chaotic good but that's some bullshit that I'd rather see be represented in-game before taking it as 100% canon.

Arthas was corrupted, but for all we know it'll be revealed later that he was working for a greater good.

It's all at Blizzard's whim.

wired.com/2008/11/valve-tricked-h/

Not quite.

The illidan novel is fanwank, anyone who played WCIII didn't need a shitty book to tell you he was trying to do shit, but what they turned him into for Legion is mary-sue levels of bullshit

the Burning Legion are pretty much all murdering psychopaths but Sargeras is using them to stop something godfucking dammit this is dumb.

I'm not restarting my fucking character

well don't you worry, goy. for the low price of $59.99, you can re-create your character as you see fit!

just hope you don't play anything other than the first 8 races.

mfw I was expecting so little that I am pleasantly surprised and mildly excited for what could happen next.

Blizzard "still has the source code," whatever that means. I guess they have the sources archived for either every version, only major versions, or they have the sources for both patches and major versions separately. Just saying because I haven't seen it posted in this thread.

Not exactly. Its not like WH had anything original. Stealing from thieves is not stealing. And wc1-2 were not noblebright. They very generic fantasy with orks.

So whats the damn announcement?
Is it that stupid "pristine realms" bullshit?

It wasn't an announcement, read the fucking thread.

made me chuckle

dank oc

Corruption wasn't really even a pervasive thing in WoW lore. If anything most antagonists were just simply evil or chaotic. I would argue Arthas and the Orcs on Draenor were the only things "corrupted" but they willingly accepted those adverse affects. Illidan was never corrupted, he just acquired way more capacity for demonic power after finding the skull of Gul'Dan. To answer why the demon hunters are lead by demons is simply that the demon hunters are a coven of night elves that believe in fighting fire with fire, just certain other night elves viewed them as heretics or degenerates.

Typically any corruption in WoW is just Metzen pulling shit out of his ass.

Also, archive of kern saying they have source code for the eventual never ever.

archive.is/j1pZW

And we learn that without this corruption they are just as bloodthirsty. The only thing that corruption did to them was painted them green.
Best explanation.

But yeah, archive or go home

archive.is/GR46d

Baiting Holla Forums is my guilty pleasure due to how decadently easy it is. My favorite baits involve fallacious claims to why NatSoc doesn't work. For example:
>National socialism does work
watch some fool take this for serious

why havent you swallowed his seed yet?
do you really think that piece of shit has your interest at heart?

can I resurrect this thread?

am I in combat?