Dark Souls 3 lore thread maybe

This seems to have triggered those faggots at reddit, so I thought I'd come back to where I'm comfortable.

HEY ASSHOLES, Who came all over Rosaria? It looks like bukkake. Seeing how her room has cribs all over it and how shes called the Mother of Rebirth, it really does seem like cum.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!VUABTADa!JlOKrjfLrlSNxXjxtgdmNgZ9zJXusETsMpipKNOxVVg
mega.nz/#!tJ4TBASL!97Kk7shlK33HFTgNRF1I3huHjomt6By3sfEkykSESr0
mega.nz/#!gA5kFJCB!mI_c89BsKblQDMBViq820Xy5bceOl5JaR9V1LFh-2Z4
mega.nz/#!tc5HkAbS!HdK8Z_yoVtKuF_9vSzmYKpZ0BzQ5AC5byh3-sKW1Iug
mega.nz/#!5ERV3Cxb!3S7EzG7SzcDpkAnNsQfhxvX25Nsg2Y2P3OgzZRpsqac
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dude, I can post on more than one internet forum. Dont get your titties in a twist.

It's stearin.

She's the real Gwynevere.
Yes she did gave birth to all those maggot dudes.
Probably she was forced to mass produce them as the food for Aldritch.

Pretty hot

That sound pretty hot as well.
DS3 was created to fulfil someone's deep dark fantasies, as it seems.

No she isn't, she is a child/descendant of Gwynevere. Gwynevere is the goddess of bounty and fertility, she's basically Aphrodite and fucks everything but also has lots of children. Gwynevere also does what she always does and disappears (probably literally as in turns invisible, item descriptions like Obscure Ring, Priscilla and Ocelotte being her children point to that theory) when things turn to shit.

Also while on the subject of crossbreeds, there seems to be this repeating pattern with crossbreeding dragons. So far I haven't seen anything showing why this is important. My only speculation on the matter is that dragons are everlasting so crossbreeding with dragons is to create a kingdon that will last forever.

kill yourself
now

you are the cancer that keeping ds down

No thats just Bamco.

Nah, I think that's the bunch of butthurt faggots circlejerking about how Demon's Souls had the best multiplayer of all the souls games.

That's her woman juice.
Rosaria's "Fingers" fucked her, which means she used her "hand" to fuck herself. Or not, I don't know.

What I want to know is how a goddess of rebirth and her related abilities got assigned to the murder covenant. Hell, with Sirris' questline, the covenant is actually more vilified than usual.

Maybe it's wax, is there a chandelier above her or something?

Reminder Nito never died because he's a fucking skeleton you can't kill those just temporarily disassemble them, and then Aldrich showed up and ate him and that's why he has a gravelord sword and the hairy skello skirt

Those maggot things are called grubs. They are produce when performing the re-birth ritual (reallocating your stats) too many times. So they are essentially members of her covenant.

You do know Aldrich holds a staff, not a gravelord sword. Also look on the floor in the Aldrich boss room and see skeletons everywhere.

This obsession with Aldrich eating Nito has to die, much like Nito did when he was killed in DS1 and his soul was burned in the lord vessel.

Fuck you Mark and fuck you faggots for embracing these fucking morons.

So now just hear me out. People who go to Reddit aren't necessarily cancer, it can be useful for getting certain information and news.

BUT

People who come from Reddit are pure cancer. There is a distinction. It's comparable to saying not all black people are niggers, but all niggers are black

Why is pickle-pee invisible?

Shes a crow, she might be hiding

I kinda think they just forgot to add an actual model for the character.

Well gee, did we ever see any other talking crows?

I imagine the murder covenant congregated around her. She's mute and people started slipping her the tongues and I guess she just rolled with it.
The names of the invaders seem to imply there's a elite in the group - Ringfinger Kirk Yellowfinger Heysel, Longfinger Kirk and Middlefinger Steve in the DLC (you learn a really cool gesture from him).

I've read the theory of the grubs being covenantors who OD'ed on rebirth but I think it's a larval stage of the rebirth process, hence all the cribs.

All the trade bird girls in the series remain unseen. Dyna & Tyllo are best bird grils.

Anyway, I hope the DLC adds more about Pontiff Sulyvahn (a absolute cunt but a intriguing one at that) and the fall of Anor Londo, Gwynevere's daughters, Londor and Darkstalker Kaathe, Manus' fragment dotterus roaming the land and tell us why is Yhorm so freakin' small when the opening scene had me thinking he'd be the size of the sniper giant's tower.

retard who hasn't played DS1 detected

Could crossbreeds have an affinity for the ability of lifehunt? Is that what allows them to be everlasting?

This place IS dead.

I agree, a lot of lore and characters in this game were interesting. Sulyvhan could easily have been a lord of cinder with how much involvement he has. And with Kaathe still doing his work, I wanna know if Frampt is still hanging about.

thanks for the pic I lost count of how many times I thrusted my rapier at that rear. It turned me into an ass man.

Especially adapted for prostate diddling

Its a hold over from previous games. Crow trading needed you to drop and item, save and reload for the new item to appear; the crow would come out of hiding while you were out of game to do the trade.

She probably had the crystal treatment.

this tbh

OP smells like plebbit from miles

How do I kill myself

How about you go back to Reddit?

It was an ironic tbh fam

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

You are right homie
How do I redeem myself

Everlasting dragons existed before death/life.
Also everything is fucked. They should have named it Dark souls 3:the demons souls 2. To get most clear picture, you better ignore everything from previous games. Because they just fucking with the players.

literally just camera angles

I thought that was the point; after umpteenth time of half-arsing The Fire "reality" is so unhinged it is futile to even attempt at making sense of it.

It actually just occurred to me he isn't even as big as the cathedral Giants

You can start looking for connections and there are hundreds of them. Every npc have demons souls counterpart.
At least they decide to trou everything they got at player instead of "obscuring" everything with "but perhaps, everyone forgot.. who knows…" bullshit. Also picrelated(s).
Bloodborne_Official_Artworks.rar189.1 MB
mega.nz/#!VUABTADa!JlOKrjfLrlSNxXjxtgdmNgZ9zJXusETsMpipKNOxVVg
dark souls 2 design works.rar244.9 MB
mega.nz/#!tJ4TBASL!97Kk7shlK33HFTgNRF1I3huHjomt6By3sfEkykSESr0
DARK_SOULS__8545_-_Artbook.pdf25.6 MB
mega.nz/#!gA5kFJCB!mI_c89BsKblQDMBViq820Xy5bceOl5JaR9V1LFh-2Z4
Dark_Souls_Design_Works.rar163.6 MB
mega.nz/#!tc5HkAbS!HdK8Z_yoVtKuF_9vSzmYKpZ0BzQ5AC5byh3-sKW1Iug
Demon_39_s_Souls_Official_Art_collection.7z145.8 MB

Nice "white privilege" he's got there.

Those guys are based off the giants from DaS, I think Yhorm is based more around the DaS2 giants, but they gave a face for some reason.
I always got the feeling that the DaS giants were more like golems, sitting around doing nothing until or doing repetitive tasks. They looked to me like they were made of stone instead of flesh, too. Not to mention the boss of Sen's fortress is literally an iron golem.

Picrelated from here is concept art from ds2.
Also giants had faces. And the other kind of gints was classified as "giant slaves" which probably mistranslation of something related to golems or some other artificial shit.
They basically reused everything from everywhere and put every idea they had into one game.

Jesus christ I type like a spastic

'Giant slaves', hah. Yeah that makes sense, just steal from all your previous creative genius… 3 definitely lacks the creativity and charm that the first one had.

Sure, they do have their templates and characters they just can't stop themselves from bringing back. My point is they took DaS II as it is which outright had "All those things are gone for good" but then they have them show up in DaS III and build its world like this;
DaSI Anciet history (most Demon Souls stuff also tied there)
DaS II (Relatively) Near Past
DaS III Past Perfect Present Soup (Demon Souls stuff that wasn't in DaS I and shit-fucktons of Blood Born)

I approve the fucked up time and space of DaS III, sure could have been a better game with less "Oi remember retarded onionbro and Patches? And that NPC? And that one?" but taking "Time gets convoluted" up to 11 excuses a lot of fan service (even Blood Borne town and Deep stuff), at least I think so.

True, but it honestly gives the impression that he'd be Dragon God sized.

And those make the giants from DaS2 look like action figures.

The giants in DaS1 were sentient (Gough was even quite eloquent). The Iron Golem is a empty husk.

I totally nerdgasm over this sorta shit. Thanks!
(Can't open the DeS book link though.)

Overall, giants in the series seem like the chillest folks. Even the ones in 2 were simply retaliating. Ones in BB are kinda cunts though.
Seeing dead giant blacksmith in forsaken Anor Londo was a total gut punch for me.

Since it's the last game, they likely felt the need to send the series off in a monumental fanwank. Overdid it IMHO. I'd even go as far as saying Yorshka feels like a freakin' fan character.

Patches I can forgive since he's a staple of the series, like the Moonlight Greatsword.

What do you mean by Bloodborne Town?

Someone explain why Dorhys (I assume that is their name but maybe not all of them) is the only common enemy that speaks?
And what is the bastard's curse?

And that's why Aldrich is the biggest cunt in the entire game. Fuck that loser with a divine pike.

If I had a folder labeled dead nigger storage would dump it here

Undeath of course.

If so, then that means a bastard is responsible for the darksign. Who?

Probably the Undead Settlement. It looks a LOT like Hemwick Charnel Lane.

I was so disappointed the book wasn't a catalyst/blunt weapon so I could make a true Mozgus build.
Anyway, maybe they're crazy but not mentally eroded like everyone else. Maybe it's just rule of cool and Bloodborne had talking enemies so DaS3 has to have talking enemies too.

Probably Sulyvahn is the one to truly blame. Aldrich was probably indiscriminately all devouring sludge by then.
Disappointing fight IMHO. Not only designwise but in terms of gameplay it's all about that ridiculous arrow downpour that lasts ages.

Well that makes perfect sense. I feel dumb.

Yea it could be but I mean there are tons of other enemies that would probably fit into that category as well. Based on how they look/act anyway. Like not very many humanoid enemies even make groans or grunts while fighting until they get hit.

I'm pretty sure you're on the wrong track, since the Darksign is just something that pops up on people as the Age of Fire winds up.

It doesn't mean that, think of the evangelists as ideologues that led the townspeople to murder most of their population. Bastard is just an easy insult/slur to chuck into dialogue so it sounds old timey.
The villagers were clearly part of a mob trying to purge their town of something, led by the evangelists, and the giant sawblade/cage creatures were rounding up the dead to stuff into those cages - and eventually creating the other cage creatures. There are dead bodies everywhere, and there was a large congregation gathered around what could have been a hanging tree in the center of town (it was on fire though, maybe from didn't quite understand the purpose of that kind of tree in the center of medieval villages). Combined with the pit of bodies, there's a good little theme running through the undead settlement.

Dorhys is a specific evangelist, who may or may not be the lone one in Irithyll. There's no way to know if that's Dorhys specifically, or someone who inherited her miracle.

The Evangelists were those who wallowed in the "deep" and who came to enlighten those who lived in the settlement to send them along the road of sacrifice to Aldrich. [I'll cleanse the bastard's curse] isn't really clear, but it likely refers to those sent to be devoured by Aldrich; in this case, ideally, you. The deep is inhabited by insects that burrow into human flesh and devour it, so it's likely that the followers of the "deep" fervently believed that being devoured was the only way to be saved. As noted otherwise, the "curse" is likely undeath since those who are devoured cease to exist.

I have no problem with you shitposting Reddit.
I just want to know, why even bother?

Forgot to add; despite there being no bodies on the big ass tree there are plenty hanging from the rafters of houses. Nice one, From.

As I was saying you better ignore previous games.

DaSI Anciet history (most Demon Souls stuff also tied there)
Also berserk.

???
Just ignore everything from previous games. Think of it as a reboot/directors cut.

Enemies usually bigger than player to intimidate him. Thats why a lot of humanoids bigger than player. And size of enemy is scaled to be most appropriate for encounter. There is no deep meaning behind this, or behind most of things for that matter.

Hurr durr berserk reference, hurr hurr, they deserve it, hurr hurr branding facilities in ds2, hurr durr sun eclipse, hurr durr curse part of curse of the undead was healed in ds2 dlc. They are very ambiguous at that. And it might mean nothing at all. Just a reference to berserk/cool sounding stuff. Why gwyn used lighting instead of rays of light? Because its look cool!

Get out.

As a small follow-up on this, more can be drawn from the Curse-rotted Greatwood:
It's likely that the Settlement was a paranoid and schizophrenic place prior to the arrival of Aldrich's cult.

On the note of
That's because they're fucking crazy, but they're dogmatically crazy. The point of undeath is that you eventually lose all sense of self unless you grasp onto a single task. This is why most of the sidequests end the ways that they do: without something to dedicate yourself towards, you fall into madness. The Evangelists had something to dedicate themselves to.

Did you have an actual reply to my point, mate? I can't really make out what you're trying to tell me.

I was telling you that darksign might mean nothing more than a brand that used on undead. Or its just a berserk reference.

Just because it's a berserk reference doesn't mean it's not important. It's kinda the defining trait of an undead - they keep coming back from the dead until they eventually lose their minds.

Well, it's pretty obviously a Berserk reference, but that doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't also have actual lore. It appears on Undead whenever an Age of Fire starts to end, which is usually when some nobody decides to go and slaughter the most powerful beings of that current age.

Aldrich was a good boy! He could have been someone if only you uppity Undead had given mo' souls fo' dem programs.

But seriously, I'm not excusing Aldrich but saying that Sulyvahn was the true executor of the fall of Anor Londo. Feeding ladyboy to Aldrich, keeping the fan character way from view and making one of Gwynevere's daughters meld with a suit of armor, making me rage like a nignog among likely many other things.

Those fucking cage hollows,what a way to go.

Sully worked hard to be the big bad of ds3 but was ultimately a small fry.

Also what was with the people turning into plants and the tree wings?

They really should have done something to illustrate the descent into madness that characterizes hollowing. All we see are people before they go hollow - talkative and full of purpose - and then after the hollowing process is complete, at which point they are silent and attack on sight.

As it stands there's just some cut dialogue from the Crestfallen Merchant in DaS1, and that's it.

Something something archtrees stone dragons cycles tiny flames in distance

The dancer is one of gwynevere's daughters ?

Post quality was in the dumpster long before the poor pedos of /hebe/ got shown the door..

The closest was possibly Lucatiel though it doesn't really take that step as her quest line doesn't go further than her trying to cope with realization of what is going to happen and the inevitability of it.

You can make one of Gwynevere's miracles from her soul and the Dancer's veil description says it can only be worn by direct descendants of the old royal family (i.e. Gwyn's).
Likewise for Rosaria's soul and the queen of Lothric might also be one of her daughters.

With the clear planning and orchestrating that Sulyvhan has been doing, it feels really strange that he goes out the way he does. I'm kinda glad he doesn't steal the spotlight, but even though he has a great fight, it seems odd he'd die like that.
How can he have the ambition to essentially take over the world, control fire and dark, help steer Aldrich's conquest of the gods and cause the fall of Lothric, and not consider that an unkindled - who is essentially immortal if they're determined enough - might kick his ass if he lets them?

It seems like an obvious oversight for a schemer of that level, if you ask me.

well it doesnt help telling the users of some of the most populated boards to fuck off

Probably hubris. Or lack of common sense like Nashandra who saw the Chosen Undead fuck everything uphill both ways in the snow and thought I'mma 1v1 this faggot.

What did you expect to happen with this OP?

What did I just watch?
What is this cancer?

That seems possible. Maybe he thought to strangle us in the crib before we could get too strong by absorbing more souls? He is pretty tough for a boss you face before even the second lord of cinder (unless you sequence-break).

I won't lie, I wouldn't mind the DLC giving us a round 2 with the Pontiff. Not as much as I'd want it to take us to Londor.

i have a feeling we are, because like lothric it is a nation that takes direct heed from a primordial serpent which was mentioned as a boss in a leak prior to the game as a hydra.
so it's likely we're gonna get more stuff about he lothric religion and maybe a good form of blessed weapon.

Imagine if we meet Kaathe again and he tells us about how he met the chosen undead in the first game.

Imagine if we get to meet Frampt again too. I wonder what he's up to. Is he still an outcast because he befriended Gwyn and got people to link the fire? Or did the primordial serpents try and get that head under control?

fuck off

serpents are jews, they play both sides. like obongo's and bush's governments were filled with almost only jews.

FUCK YOU user
FUCK YOU ALDRICH

FUCK YOU
FUCK YOU
FUCK YOU
FUCK YOU
FUCK YOU
FUCK YOU
FUCK YOU
FUCK YOU

how do you feel about Aldrich's Faithful?

Blind nigger he has the gravelord sword attached to it, if he didn't eat Nito's immortal bones then at the very least he robbed his place

Just so you know and everyone else knows who hasn't figured it out yet, the giants in DS1 and DS3 are a different race of giants compared to DS2 giants. Obvious difference is the hole in the face but they are also made of stone. With this in mind I think this is actually significant to DS2 lore and plot. Vendrick stole the stone giants lord soul because (speculation) stone is everlasting much like the dragons so to use a soul that can animate stone (like the golems) Vendrick would have treatment for the undead curse. He succeeded by fusing the crowns with stone giant's lord soul but was too late to save his people and his kingdom was being manipulated by Nashandra. Because he realized his lust for power would be the destrution of everything he set up safe guards to stop Nashandra getting what she wants, powerful enough souls to control the first flame and bring in an age of dark.

I always thought they were actual crows who could just talk.
It'd make sense too as to why and how they have so much crap in their nest. Gathering for the nest, and being able to fly.

More like insane and in constant agony. Its some centipede horror shit right there.

Whenever I invade in Anor Londo as a mad phantom, I help the Aldrich Faithful until the last possible moment, and then I kill them and give the host a wave.

They're the sort of fuckers who killed giantbro because they could in the first game.

I'm not bitter against darkwraiths, but man do I feel like I've done something good by killing Aldrich Faithful.

What about this one

Definitely sounds insane to me. Christ, never even found that guy. Sounds like he's seen some shit.

Reminder that Motherfucking Smough was the last stand against the Deep Church.

Wait, really?

I thought they were talking about Dark Souls 1's O&S fight with that last stand and only Ornstein managed to cheat death. But knowing that Smough did too and held onto Anor Londo until the very end?

That's a great thought. I hope Fatty sat on a shitton of deacons and pounded Aldrich good before finally going down.
Imagine if they had to fight Fatty and Beanpole like we did.

Orenstein fucking lived dude. After they found out they were just protecting an illusion O left to find Gwyns firstborn and S stayed to defend the place.

Then why did you never run into Smough when you went there in DaS?

Even if so, Frampt was like the happy little jew who liked us goyim.

I took Frampt's position in the Dark ending as him conceding defeat and being welcomed back to the fold, something Kaathe doesn't do in DS1 because he doesn't really have a lose condition.

Fukken noice. A pity they're both dead for sure now, though.
Dragon servant or no, Gwyn's firstborn is an ass for killing his old friend that way.

He was off grocery shopping, obviously.

Honestly Demon Souls did have the best pvp the hitboxes and everything worked out a lot better than DaS and Shitsouls 2. Bloodborne and DaS3 have pretty good pvp in terms of responsiveness. Although as for the best area to pvp in Anor Londo still takes the cake and will forever make DaS pvp fun.

Obviously because of Gwyndolin's plan. People were complaining at the time that it makes no sense for Fatty and Beanpole to waste their lives if all they were meant to do was test the chosen undead. We now know that they didn't. Not quite.

It's alright in theory, but falls flat in practice. The PVP is decent for honorrabru fight clubs, but not really for invasions.

I will never forgive or like Aldrich.

This tbh.

Gywndolin was the only one of Gywns children who stood by his father to the very end.

He was loyal, he stayed in the city his father built, watching over his tomb and the city and all that despite his dad dressing him up like a girl because he was a faggy little bitch and it would be took hard for Gywn to explain that he had a faggot for a son than it would to be that he had two daughters.

Rest in Peace.

no trap ahead
therefore,
try tears

Didn't Gwyn raise Gwyndolin as a girl because he was born under the moon or something which is female or something.

This is the closest we'll get to Mozgus in game right?

Loyalty till the end. Watched over a dying kingdom. Both his siblings abandoned him. Even with how his father treats him he keeps the city as safe as he can.

His powers were seen as feminine, so he was raised as a girl.

Yeah. I think the game also mentions that he was born frail.

I just always assumed that with Gywn decided he wanted a straight daughter rather than a gay son.

Is there a decent amount of Gwyndolin porn?

Was Irithyl there all along or the whole place was built long after DS1? is the Yorksha girl related to Priscilla? What happened to the painted world? Why were the abyss watchers ripping each other apart when you found them?

IMO Demon's had the best co-op but the worst PvP. By design it just fit better that way, and I say that despite having some great PvP experiences in that game. Thankfully it at least had a miracle for banishing black phantoms.
Speaking of, I much prefer calling them black phantoms instead of darkwraiths.

We've no way to confirm if it was meant to be derogatory or if Gwyn was trying to reward his son's natural affinity. But it cleary forged a disconnect between them - the sun and the moon aren't in the sky at the same time.

I like to think that Gwyn cared deep down, at the least. Maybe he didn't always show it - it wouldn't be becoming of the lord of sunlight to do so, would it? But he was also a father and a generous man. I can't imagine he could ever despise his own children over something beyond their control. Especially a son as faithful as Gwyndolin; he must have done something right to inspire such enduring devotion.

What is that love a father has that he can't find it in him to show? What is it they say about people who don't care in the way you want them to?
That it doesn't mean they don't care with all they have?

Not really, none that I can find. If there is I want it.

Damn shame they fucked the Darkmoons up on 3. All we needed was a blue orb.

On the topic. Did Gwyndolin become friends with Priscilla? Priscilla's daughter clams Gwyndolin is her brother. So somehow they became friends?

they do have things in common. Like being hidden from the public and lied about.

I think it was build around what was left of Anor Lando.

Yeah it's in his set equipment. The fat fuck was the last to stand in defense of the capital.
Even better all of his equipment refers to him as a knight
He finally made it in the end

I…I didn't pick up on that little detail.
They just presented that title so naturally.

Fuck the Deep. Fuck Aldrich.

So were the O&S we fought in DaS illusions?

But her tits aren't the size of her head.

Agreed.

More than likely, yes. Unless Ornie was that much bigger than all the other knights and Gwyn. I assumed the real him was who we fought in 2 and somehow his armor came to life in 3.

I hate aldrich for eating gwyndolin to, but are we all forgetting who else he ate? Why no love for papa?

That shit isn't really confirmed and a lot of people are actually really opposed to it.

Are there any lore reasons for andre being in ds3?
Or is it just the patches effect?

I don't think he ate him, he was cannon dead, it could be that, just like he did with priscilla, aldrich had a dream where he saw nito and managed to get some of his weapons as miracles of some sort

i think it's implied gwyn didnt like his son. behind o&s you can see statues of gwyn and gwynevere, with a third empty spot like there was a statue there that was removed, which leans towards gwyndolin causing some kind of disgrace or humiliating his dad in some way and being raised as a female as a punishment.

another thing is that if the cause for gwyndolin being raised the way he was wasn't gwyndolin's fault, he'd probably hold a lot more anger towards his dad, but it's shown in the game that he still gets fresh flowers for the ceremonial tomb and cares deeply about keeping the illusion of anor londo alive like his father wouldv'e wanted.

from that i'd say gwyndolin did something dumb when he was young, but of course it's dark souls so who knows.

I just want the unified theory to come out. How to reconcile seeming contradictions between 2 and 3.

The removed statue is of the Firstborn, meaning the Nameless King.

Gwyndolin really liked the moon or some shit, which was a female trait, so gwyn raised him as a girl
As for the statues, they were the first born's statues, who turned on gwyn and sided with the dragons for whatever reason
Gwyn then erased him from the annals of history

But they are physical weapons. Not to mention the fluff and skeleton skirt.
I read one person say maybe he just ate the leftover bones that were once the lord of death after he was killed.

I always assumed the statue was of Gwyns First Born, who went full ALAHU AKBAR and sacked the annals of history in the name of Dragons, atleast with what we can gather now.

I figured Gwyndolin didnt get much press since he was of the moon, and Anor Londo was all about making the Sun their glory. Though judging by the existence of the Sunless Realms and their equipment, it might not be too unfounded to think that he had his own area where he was highly revered while running the Black Ops in daddy's backyard.

Really love that you can't find a single reference to the first born other than "he doesn't exist"

Remember in DaS that you got all the embers from what looked like petrified Andres? Maybe he is part of a separate race that all look just like him or he is continuously reborn or something. Nothing concrete though from what I know.

I must have missed something because I don't remember reading anything saying the Nameless King was Gwyn's first born.

Here's the biggest lore about Dark Souls 3:

It's shit

Gwyndolin never had any statues. He was hidden from the world. It's more a shocker he's not mad at his father, He had to hide his whole life and be dressed like a girl.
The only people that know about him are his Blades of the Darkmoon,

The Blades of the Darkmoon and their glowing blue swords are pretty much that,

Nameless king

I really hate how they didn't even mention Nito in this game.

Nito was my favorite lord and we get nothing on him.

Pretty much all the other major characters from Dark Souls got a mention but no Nito.

Also what I wouldn't give to see Priscilla and the painted world once again

If time moves in weird ways in Dranglorthric, who's to even say that it's in the exact same timeline, or even one where things play out identically? Most of DaS3 is a clever re-enactment of the first game coupled with a bunch of references from the second.

Gwyn.
Gwyn cursed humanity to burn by linking the dark soul to the en-kindled flame of the age of fire.

that's why the eyes ending is the only sane one, you end the flame of gwyn but not all fire.
thus annulling the passive hollowing that happens overtime.
granted you need a fire to create souls, and thus life, but with the existence of the profane flameprofane meaning 'stolen from the gods" in this context that's easily possible.

I feel the same way my gravelord nigga

Pretty sure that was implying that Priscilla got eaten, and that he found out thanks to a dream, presumably because of him chewing on gods.

To be fair, he got a fair bit of love in 2, as shit as that game was, and in weird ways. The oddest was always teaching the Milfanto to sing their songs.

No that isn't the only reason it's just that he is pretty much the only boss who had to be killed and lived on past the first game. Like Gwyndolin didn't have to be killed and O&S could have been an illusion. However Nito had to be killed and then you use his soul in the lord vessel.

"Aldrich dreamt as he slowly devoured the God of the Darkmoon. In this dream, he perceived the form of a young, pale girl in hiding."
That doesn't seem like its implying he ate priscilla to me
It seems to me that gwyndollin probably knew about what the fuck happened with priscilla and where she was, so as aldrich devoured best boi, he got some memories of priscilla and managed to mimic her scythe

she gives you the same miracle as gwynevere
tell me another time in souls where a thing didn't give you the same thing it's associated with
also nothing points towards priscilla or ocelotte being her kids at all

I honestly don't like the fact that Dark Souls 2 or 3 even exists because Dark Souls 1 worked so well on its own, and the fact that the universe continues to exist invalidates the point of the first game.

That being said, the actual lore additions are great. I loved learning about sulyvahn, aldrich, and all the other new shit.

The undead that self immolate also say stuff occasionally. A friend pointed it out to me when we were running some new pvp characters through the cathedral.

It's not hard to put 2 and 2 together.

You have the armor that looks like Gwyn. The mastery of Lightning. He's Ornstein's master. And he lost his name after allying with the dragons.

It really makes me sad that he died like that.
I assumed Aldrich ate Priscilla too.

Oh so it's just like implied stuff I thought there was something that outright said it the way people were talking about it.

Some people also just think the "young, pale girl in hiding" was just how Gwyndolin perceived himself or something. That he just put on a brave face because of what was laid at his feet but really he was scared and alone the entire time.

he definitely didn't because the scythe he uses doesn't have lifehunt, which was a technique specific to priscilla
if he'd eaten priscilla, the scythe wouldn't just look similar, it would also act the same

How do you guys pronounce "Smough"?
Also, what's the deal with Aldrich? How do you become sentient sludge by eating people? Was it a sudden or gradual transformation?

What if this takes place in a timeline where some shit from the first game never happened? Ornstein clearly made his way to the Archdragon Peak at some point. O&S being illusions is just as likely as them being real, and just fulfilling their last duties to their king, so in this timeline, it's possible that the chosen undead never found them. Hell, apparently Gwynevere had kids at some point, so we have no idea when that happened since we only ever saw her illusion.

Are you serious? He was a cannibal first, became goo, probably from overdosing on humanity, became goo, etc, etc.

I actually really liked the Milfanito and the Grave Wardens, it showed that Nito actually had a purpose beyond being Spooky Dead Guy, he made sure those who couldn't pass on properly were atleast able to find a peace of some sort. Nito was the only legitimately innocent Lord from the first game, he just wanted to do his job.

Don't you have a faith spell to summon that scythe that steals life?

and you need the aldrich soul to obtain this spell?

It was gradual. The game says he used to be a priest or some shit, and that he slowly bloated until he became unrecognizable.

worth noting: firelink shrine from dark souls 1 looks almost exactly like the one from dark souls 3, except the one in 1 is waaaaay more broken down(it even has a graveyard right next to it)

Wow, I did not edit that sentence well at all.

But his soul makes Lifehunt.

I say it sm-oh. The g is silent

I pronounce it like Smoff, similar to how Gough says his anme.

And I think he ate people until eventually he burst, but as opposed to dying his nasty entrails and viscera just kept up the job. His 'core' or whatever you want to call what you fight seemed oddly fleshy, like all of his internal organs were still kind of chained together into a ravening mash.

but it doesn't do lifehunt, it's just called that
it doesn't act like the real lifehunt ability even slightly

aldrich's lifehunt steals life
priscilla's doesn't do that
also aldrich's doesn't cause bleed
also priscilla's didn't do dark damage

sounds like my life

So Priscilla fucked off someplace or is still in the painted world? Her daughter is clearly running the Darkmoon, unless there is just another crossbreed in Anor Lando that has nothing to do with Priscilla.

Was if ever official that they were referencing Nito ?

Because if it was they made it seem as if he was still alive.

Who was the lucky guy that knocked up Priscilla?

So the assertion is that they're both scythes, with the same name, for absolutely zero reason?

Yorshka (that's her name, right?) had to have been affiliated with Gwyndolin at some point in order to take over the Darkmoons. Maybe she's Priscilla's kid who decided to leave the painting after Anor Londo went to shit? Maybe once nobody was making it a point to hid away abominations inside a hidden painting world?

__me___ :^)

alritch ate nito's corpse, then gwyndolin.
as for his soul, wolnir is nito reincarnated.

the rotten is nito reborn, you can tell this by what you get from his soul in NG+.

Yeah, obviously. nah jk fam

Yeah Aldrich eating Nito's corpse probably makes the best sense.

probably gwyndolin judging by what her job is

nigga i have no idea what priscilla did because they never even come close to mentioning her actually doing anything

well, every other thing that aldrich uses acts like the thing it was made from, like the darkmoon bow's damage and his gwyndolin spells
why should lifehunt be special? seems to me like he saw something cool through the painting, but because he didn't have the doll he couldn't get it, so he made some shit up

aldrich definitely didn't eat nito, because the chosen undead fucking killed nito, and also, aldrich's dress thing is just gwyndolin's garb all ripped up
it doesn't look like nito's cloak, which was made of humanity and not actual fiber, at all

No.

The "lords" of Dark Souls 2, are just being influenced by the souls of the lords of Dark Souls, maybe giving them their power etc, but they are not actaully them.

They are all separate beings with different lore behind them.

Im pretty sure the Rotten is Pharros.

she calls Gwyndolin her brother. More than likely she looked up to him. maybe kept him company watching over the lonely city. When he got sick and couldn't do his job he put her in charge of the Blades of the Darkmoon. She's not even aware he died unless I missed something she said.
As far as we know, nobody in the world knew Gwyndolin was really a male but her (at least nobody left alive) so he trusted her that much and was that close to her.

I love how everyone just says Aldrich ate Nito because bones and glowy gravelord sword on a catalyst. Doesn't matter that the fact you killed Nito and burn his soul in the lord vessel in DS1, doesn't matter one bit.

Sometimes I wonder if any of you pay attention what's happening in the Souls series.

If you kill the dude sticking out of his shoulder he drops a Pharos stone so it's pretty much confirmed.

What kind of flimsy nonsense is that? There were Pharros stones everywhere in that game, finding one in a random corpse doesn't mean shit.

I suppose the train of thought is that you burn the lord soul they acquired in the age of ancients and not their actual soul.

It's flimsy enough for it to be canon in dark2.

Why would they not be one in the same? And even if that was the case, when you beat a boss like that in Dark Souls you get The Soul of Nito, on top of getting a Lord Soul, or a Bequeathed Lord Soul, or whatever.

Yeah the four great ones are influenced by the remnant souls of Gwyn, Nito, Witch, Seath. The remnants were possibly found around the areas they were killed in, splintering off their soul. Another theory is that they are remnants from the broken lord vessel that you find in Majula. Problem with that is there should be a Four Kings remnant somewhere but there isn't.

But you didnt get his soul in dark 1 so obviously that means the chosen undead just didnt pick them up :^).

Did you even read the description of the life hunt spell?

What's the deep lore behind his hammer getting smaller?

It could also have been the Sunken King. Who knows though, the lore for Dark Souls 2 is totally fucked. I mean by the end of the game we have a character who is free from the cycle and immune to hollowing, huge plot whole.

Four Kings were a fragment of Gywns Soul same goes for Seath.

The orginal four lords are Gywn, The Witch, Nito, and the Pygmy.

"Soul of Gravelord Nito, first of the dead.
This Lord Soul was discovered at the
dawn of the Age of Fire."
they're the same soul

Who simply fucked off permanently..

Aldrich did it as a mocking last disrespect.

The fucker.

Given that he was said to have sacrificed most of his power to death, with much of the rest being stolen by necromancers, it seems pretty clear he was actually a pretty alright guy just in DaS1.

I don't necessarily blame the Witch or Gwyn for the fuck ups they had; given the circumstances related to the various representatives the dark had. Nito was doing the same thing, but solely focusing on the curse. The difference was that he didn't spawn a bunch of monsters, assholes stealing his power did that for him, or end up frying some of his most loyal knights.

That seems like a stretch to me, but there is only the one thing related to her at the moment.

Yeah. DaS3 in particular feels very rote, like the curse of the undead and the associated near apocalypse is just another day. It destroys the mood.

He was doing some more delicate work that day.

I don't fucking know man, I was just being devils advocate for a moment. I don't believe that shit either.

Of=belonging to. i.e Nito picked it up. As we know, Lord Souls can be distributed without losing cognitive functionality or your own soul e.g Gwyn distributing his own soul.

I don't know why you're telling me this, I'm on about the NG+ remnants you get from the four great ones from DS2. They are Gwyns, Nito's, Witch's and Seath's. The issue around where they came from is up for debate, either found around the areas they were killed in when they spinted off from the main soul, or were pilidged from the broken lord vessel in Majula. The issue with the latter is that there should be a Four Kings remnant influencing the land but their isn't. Manus only comes into the equasion with the dark queens, that's it.

Could be dark lurker.

The only really bad lord was Seath, who went insane. Izalith made a mistake but it was born from good intent. Gwyn had governance over the rest of the world and eventually gave himself - mind, body and soul - to oppose the natural entropy of the universe; whether he's good or bad in that sense depends on whether you prefer fire or dark as your endings.

Nito, I agree, was a good guy. But knowing that, he'd likely be in favour of linking the fire. Perhaps he fought against you as a test? Can't say he'd be happy about a sign that prevented the dead from belonging to him like they're meant to.

none of the other lords became gwynlikehe distributed his lord soul, not his soul
the chosen undead gets all that shit when he kills your ass, though

I thought Nito was the one behind the sign as the lord of undead?

it was most likely velka that made the darksign
or the pygmy
or just fucking nothing made it and that shit was always going to happen

All he was doing was chilling in his coffin waiting for the end, even when you show up he'll let you join his covenant and not give a fuck. Guess when you jump down yourself he realizes that linking the fire might actually happen and gives up.

Pretty sure the darksign was created by Gwyn linking the fire to humanity.

My point being, it's possible to lose your Lord Soul and not die, per se. Hell, this principle applies to souls in general as well (Ornstein, Smough, Gwyndolin, Alsanna).

I always thought Nito was kind of just neutral he just wants things to die. The reason why he helped kill the dragons was because they were unkillable and Nito did not like that.

Just mentioning it for clarity's sake.

Now that I think about it Four Kings weren't even referenced at all in DaS2. Could be that they went back to Gywns souls.

I think we are going to get some more lore on the Four Kings soon though.

Because if the Dark Souls 3 DLC isnt centered around Londor aka New Londo, I'll go get a sex change and become the next Brianna Wu.

Velka is such a blown opportunity in terms of the lore.

All the lords are pretty much sinners, with the exception of Nito, he a good boy dindu nuffin, and Velka is a goddess of sin and punishment.

It would just make sense if it were to be Velka behind the scenes pushing the player character towards punishing the Gods for their sins.

Not to mention the the whole "Scholar of the First Sin" pretty much confirms that Gwyn fucked up the natural order of things and thus was a sinner.

For what reason?

And if we're going to start guessing the source of the undead plague, the most likely cause is the fact that no one is really 'behind' it, going by what Aldia says Hollowing is the return of humans to their natural, pre-fire forms. As the fire dies out, people start to revert to their pre-fire form unless they have the determination and will to live as they were. Who gets cursed is kind of a crapshoot, it may or may not be contagious, it may or may not be instantaneous\a slow cancer or so on.

I think you need to understand that Nito wants dominon just like the other lords. He has "Gravelord servants" cursing people's worlds. He rewards you for doing that. Nito isn't some altruist, the more dead people the bigger his army and species.

All the lords are competing to out do one another. A miss understanding of the war between Gwyn and the Witch is that Gwyn did it because the Witch's life soul went out of control however this is not completely true. At first it was out of control but stabelized. The Witch went to overthrow Gwyn with her new found power but both Gwyn and the Witch had a stalemate and called a truce. Think about it the chaos demons have recently taken residence in the undead burg trying to stop the chosen undead yet you have Gwyndolin and Frampt trying to find a successor to Gwyn. The chaos demons are trying to protect their queen because unlike Gwyn, the Witch actually found a way to extend the life of her soul by having a symbiosis relationship.

>Gwyn linked the fire to humanity

You sure? I'm pretty sure he linked the fire to his own body and soul.

The first flame is burning in a bonfire similar to all the others in the game, which are fueled by the flesh and bone of the undead. Logically, it's humanity's souls that are being expended to keep the first flame burning. What happens to the dark soul fragments in this case is another question.

Plus the fact that all the bonfires grow stronger the more humanity you feed them

Unsure about whether the dark soul is being expended, because Fire Keepers are a thing.

and held within their bosoms, below just a
thin layer of skin, are swarms of humanity
that writhe and squirm.

were cradles for each tiny humanity.

This was my thinking as well. Makes me wonder though, did the lords gain sentience before or after they got the lord souls?

I thought the Witch never got control of her soul again. Or was that after she tries to extend the Fire?

Before. Witch of Izalith's fire sorceries were a thing before she found the Lord Soul and pioneered pyromancy. Of course, that also means that souls were around before the Lord Souls themselves appeared.

Going back in time to Lordran, book it.

Take me back to boletaria and ill give them all my money

not that that will happen

And on top of that

no it doesn't.
nothing is destroyed in the first fire's conflagration to create more souls only that the souls consumed to do so are among those that are given out, this leads to people being reincarnations instead of just back for a encore.

it's the dark soul that fuels the fire because gwyn linked it and his light soul to it, that's why fire keepers are the way they are being blind and riddled with humanity.

see the souls we use as currency are effectively the ashes of the first flame or really any magical fire.
to fuel the first fire you have to burn one of the 4 lord souls or some derivative of them.
aldia attempted to create a dragon/human hybrid firekeeper, to do that he had to make a woman with a soul capable of bearing humanity while having the immortality of the dragons.
the which of izalith attempted to create a living flame that would propagate itself to fuel the fire, this birthed the demons and pyromancy a flame borne of life.
both of them attempted to abuse the nature of life and dark to spread to end the fading of the fire.
meanwhile the opposing school of thought that vendrick and aldritch took was of accepting the fading of the fire and attempt to survive the age of dark whether by becoming unhollowable and thus eternal or simply to become capable to survive in the age both showed the forgone conclusion of the fire fading.
then there's sully, who found the profane flame and converges the two by attempting to use the profane flame instead of the first flame.

dem loading screens though

Can we discuss Biorr's loading screen real quick? I mean look at it. Nigga's holding a katana, at the world's most awkward angle.

Fuck's up with that?

i dunno man, looks like hes supposed to have a zwei though

I'd argue that the The Rotten is the king of Shulva (and a sizable chunk of its population) and all those poison squirting statues are of Elana.

Well, the crow is Velka's servant or something and it's a big ass crow that takes you from the Undead Asylum to Lordran so she could have planned to sic a unkillable, obnoxiously persistent git on all the other gods as punishment for their misdoings. And if the bugger goes Hollow, the crow goes scoop another one.

Vendrick says something to this effect too and according BearBearSeekLest they were likely on to something.
One day fire will fade and dark will become a curse. Men will be free from death; left to wander eternally. Dark will again be ours and in our true shape We can bury the false legends of yore.

Or go forward in time.
>YU' NOT WANTED HEAH'!!

Hearing Biorr scream BOLETARIA! after killing the blue dragon always give me goose bumps.
But shame the game never gave the heads up that if you free Biorr before ending 1-3, he'll be there to give Penetrator a taste of his own medicine….like with Siegward and Yhorm. Guess our perpetually sleepy friends got even more in common now.

Yeah I'm not arguing that reincarnation isn't a thing, but there are those that think reincarnation is coming back exactly the same which isn't the case in the DS omiverse. The biggest standout is Siegmeyer and Siegward, one's a coward and the other one has no fear, there are changes on a subtle level while others can be radically different. Hell you don't even have to die for your physical appearence to change drastically, Aldrich being the best example by changing into a big blob through his canibalism.

speaking of which i may be crazy but was priscila gwyns wife?
i came to this conclusion because:

so yeah

yeah just no

No, I thought Priscilla was clearly the crossbreed between Gwynevere and Seath?

What are some good tactics/weapons for a Dex/Faith build? Right now my plan is generally to go in with a rapier or Lothric Straight Sword, enchant it with the Sunlight miracle and try to get shit done before the buff runs out.

That's the most popular theory but I favor the one stating she's the daughter of Gwyn's firstborn and a ancient dragon.
And DaS3 now confirms the firstborn is indeed a scaly degenerate.

Respec and dump the FTH points into DEX. :^)
IIRC Astora GS has a A LTN scaling when maxed so that might be worth investing. You need about 16 STR to use it but you can get 5 STR from the Knight Ring.
And if you have a sizeable investment in DEX, a Sharp infusion is also recommendable. I say the Sellsword Twinblades. That L1 combo does ridiculous amounts of damage for very low stamina consumption. The Twinblades also have A LTN scaling when maxed but it's best to keep a pure physical weapon handy because most bosses tend to have absurdly high elemental resistances.
Dragonslayer Spear is strong and pretty fun so give it a whirl if you have the twinkling titanite to spare.Can't say anything about the Dragonslayer Swordspear but I'm about to respec to build to use (just swapping about 6 points to put into FTH).
Blessed infusion is garbage. Skeletons were probably never this easy and the regeneration effect is too slow to make a difference.
My humble two cents.

A question of my own: PvE-wise, is there a point in leveling up HP total?
Enemies do damage based on % so it seems that having a lot HP is counterproductive. Even with 35 Vigor, I can barely survive two bitchslaps from the Nameless King.

The reason people have come to the conclusion that Priscilla is a crossbreed of Gwynevere and Seath is that.

1. Seath experiements on maidens and makes snakemen.
2. Cut content points to Gwynevere giving you a dragon talisman.
3. Throughout the game there are patterns of kingdoms trying to escape the fate of the first flame by using the everlasting scales of a dragon. Crossbreeding a god with a dragon was looked into, both benefited Seath and Gwyn's family.

i beat it, got the bitch to turn the fire off, im glad im done with it, it really made me appreciate dark souls 2 simply because of how well it looked and performed.

Blame your toaster.

it ran 1 and 2 at 1080p and 60 fps, why cant it run this one? it doesnt look that much better, and runs like garbage even at all minimum/off and 720p resolution.

i blame from, 100%, for being shit at coding and rushing the game for fanshekels. CoD syndrome at its finest.

please kill yourself

Look at the older games again.

I think it might be your GPU.

Im not saying this game is perfect in the performance department because it certaintly has issues.

But on a r9 280x i run at an average of 50 to 60 fps the majority of the game with only the occasional dip to the 40 range in some problem areas i.e. the bridge to irithyll

Also the game is a definite improvement graphically over the last two.

if that isn't shit performance, then i dont know what is.

I still can't cope with the lore of Dark Souls. I've already spent hours reading wikis and shit, being very interested, and then once I'm back in the game I realize it's all made up stories that's just always make sense because it's shoved inside an already finished beat them all.

I wished there was a more official setup in the game instead of 95% fan theories. It's great for discussion, but disappointing in-game.

The story is there, everything falls neatly into place if you connect the dots. If it's not explicitly narrated into your face doesn't mean it's nonexistent. And it's not wild speculation, it's logical conclusions from the litlle information that we have.

You'll never get the necessary training to frag those palestinian bastids on a AMD card you stupid goy !!

It is bullshit.

I remember reading some where that it has something to do with the game not properly dumping assets that are no longer in use so the game uses up more GPU power than it really needs.

She wasn't.

yeah but orca still calls gwyn father and gwyndolin brother and not granpa and uncle (uncle gwyndolin). so that no good

nah cearly gwyn's firstborn fucked a dragon that is why he got disowned

Nice lore.

Yeah she doesn't know he is dead. Turn in enough cov items and she will mention how he will likely be happy to meet you if he ever shows up again.

Poor girl is waiting/looking for a dead man :(