STALKER THREAD

The last one is past bump limit on page 14 so a new one is needed to continue our torture in to the zone.

What mods you guys playing? I just beat the game on vanilla for the first time a while ago so I installed Doom's Mod Merge for freeplay enjoyment and have been living the life of a loner innawoods. Next round I'll probably be a Merc since I essentially play like one anyway. I can only hope it has special missions. I'll probably try CoP next week.

A few questions though.

Any mods that add new lands? The base game is kind of small and samey.

Is there a way to make the game harder? All I ever do is find a good headhunting rifle and cheese the rest of the game by getting headshots. The combat has started to lose a bit of an appeal as a result. I play on Master/hardest difficulty by the way.

Also is there anything that makes the AI less retarded? The mod fixed it a bit by making the AI throw grenades every so often as well as actually looting the corpses they kill but I still occasionally walk up to an enemy who will continually stay behind a wall and never poke his head out or who will just squat/duck walk his way towards me without shooting at all. Just really weird things that indicate the AI is retarded.

Also spreadsheets.

Other urls found in this thread:

stalker-game.com/en/?page=patches
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
8ch.net/k/res/363572.html#363737
translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://ap-pro.ru/
volafile.io/get/a-qiPpwIw67RoQ/Shadow Of Chernobyl - STARTER PACK.zip
dezowave.com/lost_alpha_patch_changelog_dc.txt
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Friendly reminder Freedom a shit, Duty is where it's at.

I'd try AMK for more difficulty (or ZoA if you want AMK with less stability).

If you specifically want just freeplay/joining factions over a larger map CoC (for CoP) is a better call though it might be a little light on other features.

What are mods that a shitload of guns to the game these names don't mean shit to tell you what they're about minus the AMK infograph.

ZoA.you even gotta load bullets into mags individually

The infographs are pretty shit honestly. Especially the second one. Whoever made them could stand to go a bit more in depth about what the mods actually fucking did instead of using meme images and a 4 word description. But for basic understanding they aren't that bad.

While it isn't new lands, Call of Chernobyl for CoP is a mod that combines all locations from the series and is free roam roleplay for any faction.

I played Duty and then Clear Sky my last 2 CoC games, it was hell trying to get to Pripyat and NPP. I wish I could of taken a full squad and captured the Army Warehouses, but unfortunately they just respawn.

For SoC?

Lurk 1.1 has, if anything, too fucking many guns. That's part of the reason a lot of people prefer the older versions.

For CoP AO3 (get it as an addon for CoC if you wish).

Nobody cares about CS enough to make a massive gun mod.

If you just want the base game with some fun new guns added almost every big mod will do it.

There's also Swartz for CoP if you want something close to vanilla with a fuckton of guns. Also has an FAL, my raifu.

who has even played all those mods???

Another question, where can I download patches for the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. trilogy I don't have Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat on Steam.

Complete hurt my eyes.

Fuck yeah. Can't wait to play Zone Of Alienation at a decent resolution and high settings.

There is the AO mod for CS which is actually pretty good.

Complete does suck, to be fair.

It's acceptable if someone finds vanilla+ZRP too difficult, I suppose, but otherwise not good.

That I did not know.

stalker-game.com/en/?page=patches

Should work. Even though it says v1.0005 for SoC if you click 'patch download page' it will have 1.0003 and 1.0001 also. Have these if you need to downgrade later.

It's decent, though it does lack some stuff that the COP version has, but the dev has a new version in the works for CS. Here's some random screenshots.

currently playing call of chernobyl with arsenal overhaul 3.0 and desolation, pretty good, the only thing i dont like is that you get weapons and money too easily, is there any way to change that without fucking up everything?

Does AMK let me freeplay like Doom's mod merge? I mainly want to experience life in the zone in an open world but with cool shit like the blowouts occurrences.

I just saw the free roam bit my bad. Is it as good as Doom's mod merge?

I hate being a clueless questioner but where are save files located, I uninstalled the Steam version and delete the folder but my saves are still showing up from 2009 and freezing my game when I get to the load game menu.

play call of chernobyl nigger, has all the maps from the 3 games, and it has blowouts and all that crazy shit, also you can change the rate in which they happen

Honestly if that's all you want finish CoP then play CoC. It is hands down the best for pure freeplay.

Somewhere in my documents usually. In general games will stick them in there or my games if they don't store them in the main installation folder.

Go here steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400 and choose 'mod things yourself'. Give it a quick read and go edit shit to your preference.

Mine are in documents/STALKER-SHOC/savedgames so look there.

When will the ZoA devs fix his shit ?
Those crashes and buggy mag system need some good fixing.

Plus it keeps getting updated and receiving new shit regularly. It evolved quite well from its purely bare bones state to something more meaty and better to edit for new addons.

I rather suspect the ZoA dev has given up or at least lost interest.

My hope is on Wormwood for a mag system that works properly.

What the fuck is this and how do I fix it.

Probably your card?

Probably one of the effects doing it. Try turning some of them off and see if it goes away.

are you outdoors? the bloom kinda works harder than real life on max settingsā€¦

What's the best sidearm in SoC?

The gun you normally use for hunting elephants, forgot the name. I love handcannons

Pretty sure that's a Desert Eagle confusingly chambered in .45acp.

there are .45 cal Deagles.

they're called the Jericho tho

Technically only a similar appearance though.

No I'm just retarded and edited my gamma & contrast.

Jreichos work like 1911s whereas Deagles work like mini Garands.

they're almost identical and from the same manufacturer

Outwardly identical, perhaps, but that doesn't mean mechanically identical.

Its a decent caliber after all, too bad there wasnt any pistol with a mag size over 8 rounds in ShoC.

I just ran with a PB the whole game because it was quiet and I didn't use it much.

Anyone know how to get to Pripyat Plaza from Jupiter in CoC?

did you check your map
if not, post it

I went to the arrow and nothing happened, and I can't seem to find an underground section. I really don't want to go through the Jupiter Underground to Pripyat Outskirts to Pripyat Plaza, but it looks like I might have to.

hmmm thats odd

Well, I think my save is fucked, I can't go anywhere but to the underground and none of the doors at the station and eco bunker work.

check the mod's wiki or something? do some googling

Lost Alpha was a mistake ;___;

and the worst part

I'm loving how hard this is. I'm still on Master btw

No wiki, nothing in the FAQ, but there is supposedly a debug mod I launch into.

Nothing but SoC door glitch "fixes" show up, and those fixes are just "knife the door open!".

maybe you need to complete a certain quest that opens the door? Jupiter is the underground tunnel, right? if I remember correctly, you can only go through with the squad and guide in that one main story mission

It's Call of Chernobyl, there is no story quests like that I believe.

Anyways, I managed to traverse the underground to Pripyat Outskirts, hopefully now I can move freely.

So on my way to Zaton I noticed this flashing white in the distance, turns out a pseudogiant killed a monolith soldier so hard he turned into a singularity.

I cant read this map for the life of me

Is there a STALKER mod that allows me to modify weapons like this?

Or like this?

wut

anyways, get hype for Escape from Tarkov

Okay, first off, no

Second off, I want the redditors to leave

What version are you playing, user ?

But now i might pirate it just to know what kind of gun wizardy you can pull in this shit.
Why barely any game features modular weapons ?

If i can pirate it and play it SP plus Unity not running or stuttering like hot trash with a bonus use of Vulkan, count on me.

c'mon, dont try and act like the X-ray engine is nearly as impressive, even by 2010 standards

You should've died with the last STALKER thread. I don't care if it's never fucked up on you, the engine is laggy, buggy and crashes all the time.

It is not a good engine. Period. Just because everyone else acknowledges that doesn't make it a 'hivemind' and trying to dismiss everyone who doesn't agree as a 'hivemind' is real fucking childish.

I didnt say the Unity was trash, faggot, still not a reason to dismiss the possibility of fuck up like the one you just said.
Aside from this i still hope for the possibility of piracy, SP and Vulkan support.
Pro tip: it needs to check all four items so i might give a real shit about it

You sound like a whiny memer. If you make a shitty game then it's going to be buggy and laggy no matter what engine you use. Leave the Unity discussion somewhere else.

And here's your reply.

i think i went there for funzies
i dont think i beat lost alpha but i made it quite a ways through, the cars were god awful though

Are there unofficial patches/mods that fix this?

It goes both ways, buddy.

And the spontaneous butthurt too.

but you're the one who complained about it in the first place, user

you go both ways, babe

This kills the /k/.

I know it does; 8ch.net/k/res/363572.html#363737

try adding -dsound as a start parameter

It's not impossible, the designs are just off. Pistol to carbine conversions like that exist all the time, and an automatic conversion isn't completely out of the question. There's belt fed AR uppers, but only for 9mm and the like, and I doubt automatic fire would work well with that LMG setup for any sustained amount of time.

Nope. I have a new headset and computer, so that may be it.
I think I'm just going to turn my laptop into a dedicated STALKER machine.

HAHAAA found your problem

it's your drivers. Update them. same thing happened to my new laptop

DESIGNATED STALKING

oh. Update your drivers anyways. Have you literally tried turning it off and on again as well?

WORMFOOD IN THE LOO, STRELOK

Switching headsets fixed it. That's what I get for using normalfag brands.

thats pretty strange.
where they surround sound ones?

Yeah.
Razer Chroma, to be exact.
It was a gift

iv'e read that trying to play the game in surround sound causes issues
at least those are "gaming headphones", i had a pair of asus strix pro's but the earpiece broke off so now i have to use URBANEARS
they actually sound great so theres really no loss other than a mic

VOMITLY IN THE ANOMALY

Also, call the ATF, because they're about to have a heart attack if they think for a second it could be this easy.

That's a felony! A felony!
Those men aren't patriots! They're criminals!

the fuck

The correct word is magazine, not clip.

Well, we are a civilized nation with laws now, If you want to resist a foreign enemy invasion, all laws, procedures and regulations need to be followed.
Instead of violating the 1934 National Firearms act and the brady law, you should go to city hall and request a one hour long protest instead.
Or have some people sign a petition.
That'll show em!

I don't think trigger discipline is a law, and I certainly don't think if it is it's expect to be followed on a battlefield, which the entire city is in the game.

That, and your laws aren't legitimized when you don't have a ruling and recognized authority, which they have but is against them. They terrorists now.

Or would that be OPERATOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM?

Downloaded AMK Autumn edition 1.4. So far not really a huge fan of some of the changes.

The UI and Hub are terrible. Why is the HP and Stamina bar nearly invisible while the radar is tiny? Dunno why they changed the sides when you loot inventory either.

Biggest complaint is no ticker for when I get near an anomaly. Which I wouldn't mind if they weren't sometimes absolutely invisible. There's not even any wind effects. A few other things like the forced motion blur which I can't turn off in the LTX files for some reason and being able to see the grass render despite having my settings to max are pretty much the main things I don't like about it.

Otherwise I like the things that make the game more difficult. Like not being able to stock up on guns to sell them later and having to wait while you heal yourself are pretty neat. I'll have to keep going and tweaking shit to fully enjoy it though. If I can bring back the old hub and maybe get rid of the motion blue I would probably be fine.

Denuvo

If the game is wanted it gets cracked. Usually in less than a month or so. Otherwise Denuvo wins because nobody cared enough to even try to crack it.

Just like JC3 or ROTTR right?

Did you even read the first sentence?

user Holla Forums isn't the rest of the world if you believe for an instant that any of those is not in high demand you're just denying reality.

As a matter of fact the only game with more demand is D44M, just didn't use it as an example because it's not been a month.

Tomb Raider is absolutely not in high demand are you crazy? Look at the sales figures, it bombed. Same with JC3. It's not a widely requested game. If NuDoom actually beats a few months I'll eat my words but believing Denuvo is uncrackable is retarded. It's been done before and if the demand is high enough it'll happen again.

So far there's been not a single game I actually want that Denuvo has protected though so I don't know why it matters either way.

Games in low demand don't get a 80 page long topic on cs.rin.ru when the fucking thing isn't cracked yet and that's also accounting for the fact that after MGSV they started banning people spamming those threads left and right

Never said otherwise but believing shit will get cracked soon is equally as retarded especially considering the last cracks for it happened because of a vulnerability that got fixed.

Which game? If a page gets that much response is more likely they want to talk about the controversy of being one of the few games that haven't been cracked yet rather than actually want the game. TR had the CEO fucking fired it bombed so hard, you're not viewing this from an appropriate angle.

Soon isn't a month. Especially in the video game release profit times.

If you've spent any time online you'd know that that's essentially how pirating often works. Pirates find hole in protection while the owners patch it and it starts over again.

This is a Stalker thread we're off topic as shit here so I'm off to bed

In what ways?

So the Pseudogiant is pretty strong then?
Is there a lore reason for it? Or is it the usual "super soldier program gone wrong and shit hits the fan"

besides what is wrong with the car? Bloody hell sever cluster is overloaded and the delete post option is gone. What fun.

the first you get has the weight of a bicycle and steers like it only has one wheel in front. turning at 15mph or faster will instantly flip the car, brake too hard and it'll flip on its own, get shot by anyone and it flips, drive over a bump and it flips

I wouldnt even mind as much if you could get out and un-flip it like Halo or something, but no, if you tip it on its side or roof, it's done.

Bump before bed. I'll try more AMK tomorrow. All I can say now is it's brutal and unfair at times. But at least I'm getting a decent challenge.

It's not like getting out of the car with half an army and a helicopter raining bullets on you would be of any help.

I don't remember when I actually surrendered and stopped bothering with LA. I remember enduring having to restart because I killed the guys who had the hostages at the beginning, so then the game outright killed me when trying to exit cordon. I remember something about some bandits fucking me over in dark valley, I remember the carā€¦ Whichever is later was my downfall.

It was probably the "go deeper into the caves" quest, which is an insta kill, cause it was a trap all along. that objective pops up immediately after the car chase

If that's in Dark Valley it may be it. I remember the pseudo-bandit faction welcoming me but then turning against me or something in some caves. Don't know if it was a bug or it was intended, but taking into account how the mod normally worked it's just the same.

I think I ditched the car on the way but can't remember if that failed the quest or not, everything's quite blurry.

I extracted AA2 to my THQ folder and I don't know how to get the mod started, was I suppose to extract it to a specific folder.

So I've been playing Call of Chernobyl, who is this Nil guy in Dark Valley? I keep getting messages that some Nil guy is hiding from Sidorvich around the area.

I keep going to the areas described in the messages from the Loners and Bandits in the area but he always seems to not be there? Is he a ghost?

new EoT video

Does this game have any sort of singleplayer or is it all just like all those shitty zombie games like DayZ? I really can't be fucked to deal with actual people in a game like this.

Get the jeep, it's much better.

A) theres no zombies.
B) there is singleplayer

This game just looks better each trailer.
I really hope this shit it piratable and features a fucking SP, since those preorder goals already shows how the devs are a bunch of hungry jews, plus not run shitty like most games of the CURRENT GEN.

good lord man, you wonder why Devs hate PC gaming these days

user, please, don't talk retard shit.
And were do you think you are?

nah, I get pirating, I do. But how fucking autistic do you gotta be to instantly want to pirate a non-AAA title, that isn't indie shit

Bloodsuckers?

Reminder that stalker has zombies

Depends on how we are defining a zombie.
Stalker has stalkers being brain scorched and acts more like lifeless husks but are called zombies.

The type that doesn't throw money away, if its really that good and run on my rig than i might spend on it.
Not being a AAA shit or indie hipster, doesn't make it immune of turning out shit anyway.
Plus, you are retard for falling over big corp talk and blind hype that acts like one of those master race faggots.

That's actually very close to the original "Zombie" from Haitian folklore. Granted, they thought those zombies stood from the dead, but it was just really drugged people.

in lost alpha there are generic zombies too

they're even more difficult than the regular armed zombies, because they have a shit ton of HP and will inflict 50 health damage on a swipe, WITH full bleeding

But lost alpha was fucking shit.
I remember in one of the labs they used filled it with rats, zombies, a few burers, more zombies and lanky fucks.

That ruined all immersion for me, less is more as they say.

Lab x18? It was pretty much the same as it was in CoP. Enemies were moved around, and the zombies were new, but at least there werent any more snorks. Other than that, there were the same amount of burers and shit as there were in the CoP version

It was another lab where you had to enter a door and passout on a walkway and the door glitched and locked you inside so you had to reload and place a box in front of the door.

havent had that happen. did you download the patches?

I think so. I suffered a crash every time the car took too much damage.
Fucking shit experience but at least I completed it.

Brace for epic animation.

It's always some 2 steps from hell shit and it's always amazingly perfect as cringe material.

You guys know any good recently translated mods? I'm always up for some new stuff

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://ap-pro.ru/

Is there any easy way of aligning iron sights in CoP? I'm trying out SGM 2.2 but half the weapons I've encountered have misaligned sights.

Playing AMK autumn edition and I just spent half an hour digging through my PDA trying to find the message history. Am I just retarded? I can't find the damn thing.

LOL shill

From the official site:

From the FAQ:

It's a fucking MMO, connecting to a server and playing the game by yourself is not singleplayer, it certainly won't have any offline.

Edit the weapons files, note that you will need to edit the sight align of each one individually.

Than, fuck this shit. Sad, but life moves on.

A unity mmo. It's like they want to make a bad experience.

The game looks great. It's the MMO part that will probably make it shit.

I guess I never told the fanboys they were filtered. Maybe I did but they're so in love with unity that, like the engine, the message was lagged, stuttered and crashed out of existence upon arrival to them.

Stay mad I guess. You can keep posting how much you hate Unity in each thread but you're always the one who brings it up. Just like others are always going to reply at how you don't know shit about the engine or bring up anything past calling it a buggy mess.

Looks great sure, but it might stutter like fuck on anything other than the dev build

I would assume it would stutter because of developer incompetency rather than it being Unity.

The way to the brain scorcher in SoC is the biggest bullshit I've ever seen in a shooter. There is only a long ass heavily fortified road with no way around it, filled with bullet sponge monolith assholes using sniper rifles and rocket launchers and every single fucking piece of cover is radioactive. Fuck this shit.

I bet you aren't even getting headshots faggot.

I think he inadvertently admitted that he's playing on easy because for some retarded reason easy mode makes your guns make pathetic damage as well.

Ive been seeing this a lot these past few stalker threads, what the fuck is going on? Did some eceleb promote stalker or something?

stop using AK's or god forbit, 9mm weapons. upgrade to the LR300 or the Vintorez.

use singleburst and play on Hard, bitch ass

Started playing Call of Pripyat again.
Haven't really messed with it since I installed Misery and it turned out to be a massive pile of shit.

What are some actually good mods that don't necessarily make the game easier, but at the same time don't add bullshit like enemies being straight up bulletproof, ammo costing a fortune except when you sell it making most ventures leave you at a net loss, and of course so fucking dark god damn.
I also didn't care for the whole every single weapon you find lying around on some guy what shot a good load of rounds towards you with no problem is straight up completely broke and unfirable.

You cancerous tryhard retards, I'm playing AMK autumn edition on master and I'm using a good gun, but those assholes are constantly dancing around so I target the center of mass and they're annoyingly durable and there's a million of them all looking towards the only road you can take. Half the time I'm getting sniped by some asshole from across the map or killed by some faggot who was crouching in a corner and was impossible to see, it doesn't help that it's night time and a fucking storm broke during the whole thing, yet that doesn't affect their vision at all.

gitgud then, scrub or go on ahead and install Complete. Try going for headshots.

Git gud

I remember the last bit to the reactor being horrible shite.
Tons of enemies, you've been fighting for ages along the way so you are low as fuck on ammo, and the area's open as all hell.
Never did actually beat that bit. Figured I had to get out of the area first, given that I had no ammo whatsoever.

What, are you a retard or something?
COme on, man.

There's no gitting gud against that amount of bullshit. I already made it to the bunker but I had to savescum like the biggest faggot in the universe and I used one of the rocket launchers they dropped to fuck up the snipers, they were the biggest problem by far, especially that last faggot in the corner on some elevated catwalk you can't even reach afterwards to grab his ammo. Seriously, fuck this fucking section, whoever designed this shit belongs in a fucking gulag.

It is admittedly a pretty shit section.
Still
gitgud

git gud

no but seriously, go download fallout 4 if you're having so much trouble

I had to cheese my way out too.

I hate these retards, holy shit, fuck monolith.

I got Shadow of Chernobyl the other day
what does Freeplay mean? Just go wherever you want and do whatever? How does a mod help that? Is there something in vanilla preventing you from doing that?

Those arent even the exoskeleton wearing monolith.

Those were inside the bunker.

Just do a vanilla playthrough first, dont forget to put it on master difficulty.

Basically, freeplay allows you to continue playing after you finish the game, in the vanilla game when you finish the game you're done and you can't continue playing without starting a new game or reloading an earlier save, and by earlier I mean before going to Chernobyl NPP.

This reminds me, back when FO3 came out I remember some reviewers calling it a "better S.T.A.L.K.E.R."

No amount of modding made the mechanics in that game not shit and for all the crap Stalker gets for being buggy and janky, Fallout 3 must have been a million times worse.

Oh ok, so it's like Fallout 3 when it first came out. I'll beat the game and then start again with a mod that lets me keep playing.

Yeah, that's what I recommend on doing, but still I'd recommend you download Zone Reclamation Project for your first playthrough, it's basically an unofficial patch which adds a few fixes and very minor additions, like a guy who can repair your gear (you only get to him somewhere around midgame though). However, if you don't like those minor additions you can turn them off.

YO

Starter pack!

volafile.io/get/a-qiPpwIw67RoQ/Shadow Of Chernobyl - STARTER PACK.zip

It's the old Holla Forums starter pack with ZRP, patches, better graphics and all the goodies.

What the journos said back there was retard, shilly and showed obvious signs of butthurt against Stalker.
At least Stalker was a proper fps, didnt hold your hand, featuring ballistics x ammo types x calibers system, plus a-life to give a proper life to the wilderness and npcs while having a better feel of desolation. Maybe it was the bugs that they found in the unpatched copie and it was pc-only, FO3 was fucking worse but consoles and AAA do give more shekels at the end.
But since late 2006, journals went full sellout and clueless retard after all.

Is there something what fixes Misery?
I like a lot of what it tries to do. I just can't stand the bullet sponge enemies, the horrible economy, and broken everything you find.

Some way of stopping boxes from automatically sorting different from the way I had autistically set them up would be nice.

You know what else game journalists did? They gave God Hand a 3.5/10

Expect everything that comes out of their mouths to be retarded.

Bump

Seriously Fuck Agroprom. While it's not that hard it's just an annoying place to go to. Also the military base shit is kind of annoying.

If I drink enough vodka will I be able to read that?

Maybe. I can russkie, so it's not a big deal for me. Dunno if the book is translated in the English version of OGSE.

It's bretty gud/10, loads of ammo everywhere though. Had over 800 rounds of 9x18 on Master. Dropped a load as it was so heavy.

You have to make your breeki sufficiently cheeki before it becomes readable.

I there a way to enable sprinting with the exoskeleton in clear sky?
(I'm using arsenal overhaul)

TELL ME ABOUT STALKER
WHY IS IT SO OVERRATED

If I don't take the bait, will you die?

We need more mods with custom maps exploring how strange the Zone can be.

FLY ME TO THE MOON

AMK AE has all these recipes for making new artifacts by throwing artifacts into anomalies, but how the fuck do you throw an artifact?

You drop it.

O.G.S.E

My mind has been blown. Had they had 5 instead of 9, it would have been more obvious, but still. I guess this means that 0.6.9.3 is the final version, or at least the final major version.

God, I just remembered that Survarium was a thing. I looked up its gameplay and it's just turned into CoD except instead of capturing A, B or C you capture equipment recording anomalies. And you can throw the anomalies if you pick some up.

Looks retarded. How could most of the STALKER devs end up working on something as shit as this?

well at least the Duty guys alive.

its really weird. aside from the invincible monolith, I've had more than a few errors in LA that eventually fix themselves. like I had the PDA downloader which crashed my game, until I put it in my box and took it back out, then it worked. The car is still shitty, but thats cause I have the shittiest car. And I even got stuck in a mission where I had to rescue these guys I already rescued. I went back and talked to the group, but they kept repeating the "thanks for saving me, you can go now" speech so I thought it was bugged, but it turned out to be enough when I returned to the duty general.

its annoying, but I'm still enjoying the game so far. better than being completely unplayable

LA:DC when ?
I want to know if they will keep the gay romance and not-Seele.

There hasn't been an official update since 1.3003 back in 2014, but Dezo has updated their progress log 2 times this month, so they're still working hard on it it seems.

dezowave.com/lost_alpha_patch_changelog_dc.txt

It was probably made by the shitty devs who made things like the ecologists.

Nah those guys likely went on to "make" Areal and STALKER: Apocalypse.

Interesting, the OGSE 2.10 update changes quite a few things, notably some UI stuff.

What is that thing below your rifle and next to the bayonet?

The nightvision. It's a tier 2 one. They changed its effect in 2.10, it was sepia before, now it's default color scheme, but with higher gamma.

So, guys, how the fuck do you even get out of this pit? There are a load of artifacts down there, but there's the fly trap anomaly (I think it's called that) at the ladder. This is a second playthrough, and it's in exact same spot, so it's not a random spawn. I tried jumping onto the ladder, but the anomaly still kills you basicallly in a second flat.

Okay, nevermind, found a way. Basically, I used this diagonal support as a leaping start, then jumped onto a small yellow beam next to the guardrail, then onto the guardrail.

Guys where the hell do I install the AMK setup to? It doesn't tell you. I tried the mods folder, I tried to just put it in the main STALKER SoC folder, neither worked.

Should be to the main SoC folder. It should be such that a folder called "gamedata" appears in the game folder.

lifesaver

Any idea why the game crashes whenever I talk to the trader about getting an artifact at the start of the game?

make sure you're running the right version of the game.

The mod file should have the patch in the optional folder which is pretty simple to install. This is why you usually read the readme files.

I wonder how many hidden mechanics shadow of chernobyl has.

I'm pretty sure the faction war shit from Clear Skies is still in this one. Also if you're in foliage you're basically invisible, you can even quicksave in foilage.

Replaying and I'm at the point where the endgame is about to start. Go to red forest and stop the antenna

Is there other shit to do though? I did all the missions at the bar and want to just wander around in the zone and shoot shit.

Is that true?

At least for bushes. I think if you're behind the halfway point they can't see you. When they shoot at you it's because they heard you move around and make a noise (because bushes are as loud as fuck).

I discovered this at the military checkpoint under the train, and I sat in a bush and shot at people only for them to stair at me and occasionally blindly shoot, missing most shots.

there should be a chest nearby where that guy stores your gear. you can just pick it up again

thats not the issue. the issue is I have this VIP card in my inventory that I cannot remove, and somehow weighs 0.5kg, AND it doesnt even work, as trying to use the VIP entrance crashes the game

cheat and remove it or something

Lost Alpha 1.3003 cant edit game data. its all encrypted or something

now that's jewish as shit

>new anomaly constant crashes

Just like that one dutch mod that did this more than a year before LA, because reasons and faggatory. And for the looks of it, they didn't want to make it a standalone game like LA or sell it at all.

Are there any mods that let me enlist with Duty officially that are compatible with AMK?

What the hell is that COD bloody screen?

I played it and the gunplay wasn't half bad, but the rest of the game sucks. The equipment, the maps, the game modes, everything. Artifacts are consumable powerups ffs.

one makes it casual and the other is a half-finished broken mess

get a load of this newfag. You missed the last thread.

bump

All Misery needs is a huge unfucker and trim all the bloat to prevent crashes or to not run like shit.
Misery with TAZ and all maps, would make a nice combination for a freeplay mod with all the maps, but without bullshit still.
Maybe as a mini-mod for CoC

Am I just retarded? I have never gotten a single mod to work without constant crashes or just not even being able to start a game.

I just wanna play lost alpha you guise, and I've tried everything but nothing lets me start a new save without a full on crash, something about AI lines in the code having nothing to correspond to.

I never ask for spoonfeeding on the regular, but maybe just this once? How did you get it working?

So I played a bit of Shadow of Chernobyl vanilla and I liked it.

But I've been wanting a more visceral experience in fps, are there any mods or difficulties that permits me to have a easy to kill and easy to be killed mode?

Enemies felt a little bullet spongy in normal unpatched difficulty, can I get some tips?

Read the thread and play on Master.

What these 2 said

Play on master. It's the only fair difficulty.

I'm getting hammered in my first combat mission, guess I should explore more or some shit.

Thanks guys, this is exactly what I was looking for

I've been feeling the breeki bug lately. Are there any mods that make the game play better? I love the atmosphere and setting, but the actual movement physics and gunplay are kind of clunky to me. If it played like Insurgency I'd be way more interested in more STALKER.

Also, is there a game that fits the description "STALKER with swords"?

The first mission is one of the most annoying ones.
Try to grab a shotgun or something.

Is there a minimod that adds more stuff to do to CoC (quests, more "unique" characters, traders and mechanics) or should I just play another mod?

Stalkers kinda like an RPG.

You start out with a pistol that shoots diagonal and shitty armor, but so do the enemies. If you explore you might find better guns and maybe even armor.

Head SOUTH from the Cordon Village and kill the 3 Military Scouts (but DONT go to their base) to get some AK's really early in the game

also, there's some good armor hidden inside the roof of one of the village houses. you gotta do some parkour to find it