Vidya Swords

Post any sword or sword-like weapon from vidya and anons guess what sword it is and what game its from. Some babby ones to start off

dragon's tooth and that sword from EYE

the 1st one.
Deus Ex?

Third is from NMH, fifth is Ike's sword.

I really liked the blades in MGR, in particular Sam's HF Muramasa. The sheath has a trigger to increase the speed of quick draws, although it's a shame you couldn't do use that technique when you got the sword

Oh fuck, I miss read the thread. This was a guessing thread…

have a go

Even so it's a dank-ass sword, even though a folded-steel Japanese katana being of higher quality than a modern-forged and designed-to-be-HF sword is hilarious in its own right.

I'm honestly surprised Sam's sword wasn't treated as a combo of a normal sword and boss-weapon like Sam's own gameplay ended up being, Raiden's got his own iai techniques and he's seen Sam fight enough to mimic his stance reliably (plus he's got the special scabbard). Having your normal attacks with it and then having the charge-up scabbard in place of heavy attacks would've kicked ass, and even with that they probably still could've differentiated Sam heavily enough from Raiden to still have different playstyles.

in no particular order

It would've worked as well with emo Squall's gunblade but still

First one's from Spiral Knights and one of the all-rounder branch of swords you can make, fourth is Jecht's sword from Final Fantasy

Postal 2 Machete

inb4 polearms storm the thread

I might get back into the game. I last played a long ass time ago, and had some kind of T3 Wolver coat and a clockword sword or something, I forget now.

God help you with the economy, I haven't checked in months but when I was last aware of it some autist crashed the whole thing buying every offer for Energy on the market and then vastly inflating the price to squeeze every last crown he could out of the playerbase.

Give us the good shit then

No.

Is that from dark cloud? Swear I've seen that design but a different colour.

Anyway here's mine, filename inspired by the second of OP's. It's highly meta.
No fair looking it up, now!

we've still not reached the end! WE'RE ONLY JUST BEGINNING!!!!

Correct, that's the Serpent Slicer.

Fourth sword, A sister killer and friend murderesses sword.
Nepgear's sword

Scalpel? minigun? Jo-jo?
WTF?

Gehaburn

It is a transforming and partially size changing sword, shield, gun, bio monster.

Thanks, I forgot to name it in my post.

Third one's from No More Heroes, Tsubaki MK II i think

I bet you faggots will never figure this one out without google.

Caliburn from Sonic and the Black Knight

Try this one.

A bunch of Phantasy Stars have it.
I'm also pretty sure it's a club category of weapon rather than a swords.

Looks like a Prime version of something from Warframe. I can picture the non-Prime sword and I'm sure I've gotten Mastery from it but I can't think of the name.

Dakra Prime - Warframe

Love that thing's design

Athosian sword from Pandora's Tower.

Correct

It's a saber in online, which is where I know it from, the Elysion

Have another.

Last one is ragnell; Ike's sword.

third is from rogue galaxy i think

Vorpal Blade and Flamberge, Tales of Symphonia.

That second one is from Ragnarok.
To this day, I still haven't found its purpose and how to obtain it.

Soulreaver, that one was easy.
You should have used the physical form used by Kain

yee

I doubt anyone is going to get this one.

My nigga.

I dunno, I can't quite put my finger on it.

That's a sword? Looks suspiciously like a cello.

I mean, it looks familiar, and I want to say it's from MGR, but it's probably not.

It would seem we have reached an impass.

That one would of been easier user. As for new pic. That fucking voice acting.

It's from Musashi on the ps2, no idea what the name is

Ganondorf's sword, Soul Edge(incomplete), I can only assume a sword used by Cloud.

Last one is the sword from Amorphous

Goldbrand from Morrowind?

No clue, did remind me of this things existence though

Indeed.

Quite odd not to know. Games lifespan of series only lasted in the ps2.

The lightning sword from Onimusha.

That's the Ultima Weapon from FFVII, right?

Close. There's an easter egg weapon related to it. Model and texture are the same so you're technically correct

Ohoho, aren't I a clever little smartass?

Guess it, niggers.

That is Eltonbrand, the Golden Sword of Redguards and Basketball. You can tell by the file-name.

Is it from Tales of the Abyss?

Alternatively, EXCAAAAAAAIBAAAAAAA

Only one sword can shine with a light that pure, user.

Eltonbrand.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, the Judge Sword

Uhh, is that a sword used by a generic enemy in Crash Bandicoot?

I know it's from Dark Cloud, but the name escapes me despite the joke in the file name.

I really wanted more from that little flash game from pic 3. I think I'm obsessed with slimes. I kept combining them DQMJ and was surprised when I got a king slime. Then just kept going despite being far beyond the point of making new slime monsters out of them. Had a really OP slime for the most of the game.

Shishi-oh? Or whatever the name is. Used by Susanoo, however the hell it's spelled.

That's a rune scimitar from Runescape, you troglodyte.

First one is from Okami (and I assume other games with that mythology), second one is MGQ.

Both wrong on the first one, but the level 7 wooden stick may appear in other games.

You'll never guess this one…

The suck my dick stick from Kingdom Kek.

All these damn bladeboards out there and nobody's thought to do a sword-surfin' game ala Eureka Seven. For shaaaaaaaaame!

Ah. #2 is dead for me so I only have #1 available now. We really need more permanent media than CDs and discs, and just repub everything of the last 40+ years.

Wanna say #1 is from an NES game but I don't remember anything in NES days being 3D!!! Wonder what game had a Demon Sword cameo

also armored core poster ftw, rokken

I'm having trouble finding weapons-alone of the game I wanted to put… ¬_¬
really (now)obscure Mana-esque RPG, had a big blitz when it launched but after 2 weeks it just straight up vanished.

also since no one guessed it yet,
is Eve of Extinction, a fun little half-complete weapon-based brawler playin' kinda like DMC meets Bouncer and just as wonky as it sounds. Only instead of finding the weapons lying around, yours can transform Megaman style into those of the bosses you defeat.
Such an amazing concept, but they weren't talented enough to pull it off. Someone give this shit to Platinum!

Also one of those PS1/PS2 era games that had enormous amounts of story but crammed into menus, encyclopaedias (Evil Zone/Eretzvaju was another victim of high concept + little money/talent), the manual,etc. All the coolest shit never happened in-game, not even as a cutscene!

the curveball of swords

Quest for Glory 5's paladin sword?

2 is mgq

Can't remember the name, but I believe it's a rapier used by Raphael in SC2.

Aw, man, why'd you have to post the hardest one?

Right game, but not the weapon I was thinking of. Yun-Seong's Han Guang

That's not a sword, that's a dagger/claw/sword/mace/axe.

How are you supposed to hold that?

Well, this is a bit easy.

3 is Nero's sword from DMC4

5th pic looks like Cervantes's weapons. His defaults?

Yeah.

Well, this one is probably harder.

Thunderfury Blessed Blade of the Windseeker

Well shit. Now I feel like a dumb person.

Neo G-Red's sword?

First is a Soul Edge, but I don't know who it belongs to. My guess is Xianghua.

3rd makes me think of Bayonetta's katana.

That's not Soul Edge, but it is Bayo's katana.

My brain is full of fuck, now.

Hint: this sword is from a game about kicking.

Oh yeah, DMoM&M; the lifesteal sword. I don't remember the name though.

Souldrinker.

2nd is Excalibur from Tomb Raider: Legend.

Das rite.

yes

Moonlight from Armored Core
Now post all the other Moonlight swords from Fromsoft and see if anyone can tell which ones are from which games.

Why did Japan have to go and completely butcher swords as we know them?

The west is even worse when it comes to swords.

Every time.

First one is Kenshin Uesugi's seven-branch sword from Samurai Warriors, isn't it? That friggin model of sword doesn't pop up too often so the only other place I can think of it appearing is Okami.

Pic related

Nah

Right name, wrong game.
Here's a hint, It's been mentioned in the thread

It's from PoP Warrior Within, but I don't remember who drops it.

The only one that matters

laser rapier, from the system shock games

3rd is from No More Heroes

I am glad Sam has his own unique way of playing, felt very DMC-y with the dodges

my own. Guess faggots

Did you just post in a guessing thread, with the answers in the file names?

I love the sound of the nano-swords unsheathing, but goddamn the hitting sound is just terrible. I'd rate that in my top bad weapon feedback experiences.

Efreet from Radiata Stories right M8 ?