US warning to Israel signals new backpedaling by Trump

US warning to Israel signals new backpedaling by Trump

The Trump administration has explicitly warned Israel against annexing parts of the occupied West Bank, saying it would trigger an "immediate crisis" between the two close allies, Israel's defense minister said Monday.

It was the latest indication that President Donald Trump is returning to more traditional U.S. policy and will not give Israel free rein to expand its control over the West Bank and sideline the Palestinians, as Israeli nationalists had hoped.

Speaking in parliament, Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman said U.S. officials had been clear in their opposition to Israeli annexation of West Bank land — a notion that has gained steam in far-right Israeli circles since Trump's election.

"We received a direct message — not an indirect message and not a hint — from the United States. Imposing Israeli sovereignty on Judea and Samaria would mean an immediate crisis with the new administration," Lieberman said, shortly before departing for a working visit to the U.S.

Judea and Samaria is the biblical term for the West Bank, which Israel captured in the 1967 Mideast war. The Palestinians seek the West Bank as the heartland of a future state, a position that has wide international backing.

The angry U.S. reaction was sparked by comments by Miki Zohar, a junior lawmaker in Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's nationalist Likud Party. Zohar is among a growing number of coalition members who reject the internationally backed idea of a Palestinian state and instead suggested that Israel annex the West Bank.

Under this version of a "one-state" scenario, the West Bank's more than 2 million Palestinians would receive expanded autonomy, but not hold full Israeli citizenship or be allowed to vote for the Knesset, or parliament. Although Netanyahu has not endorsed the one-state vision, many in his coalition do.

"The two-state solution is dead," Zohar told i24NEWS, an Israeli TV channel. "What is left is a one-state solution with the Arabs here as, not as full citizenship, because full citizenship can let them to vote to the Knesset."

"They will be able to vote and be elected in their city under administrative autonomy and under Israeli sovereignty and with complete security control," Zohar added. Israeli doves believe such a scenario would be both immoral and suicidal by threatening Israel's Jewish and democratic character.

"One state at this moment means apartheid," Ayman Odeh, leader of the Joint List of Arab parties in parliament, told foreign reporters Monday. "I think there needs to be great pressure for a Palestinian state to be established on the 1967 borders."

Lieberman said he received phone calls "from the entire world" about whether Zohar's proposal reflected the government's position. He called on the coalition to "clarify very clearly that there is no intention to impose Israeli sovereignty."

Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked, who supports a partial annexation of the West Bank, said she was unaware of any controversy with the Trump administration and that Israel in any case is free to do as it sees fit.

"We are not a banana republic. We are an independent and sovereign state," she told Israel's Army Radio station. "There is a supportive administration in the United States. That administration needs to back up the state of Israel and the government's policy."

For the past two decades, the international community has said the two-state solution is the only way to preserve Israel's Jewish and democratic character. Supporters of Israel's moderate opposition strongly agree. Likewise, the world has almost universally condemned Israeli settlements built on occupied land as obstacles to peace.

archive.is/MraRy

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20170306224412/http://jpupdates.com/2017/02/08/report-jordan-behind-trumps-sudden-israel-shift/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

b..but Drumpf is a puppet of Israel!!!!!1

SHILLS BTFO

Bump.

choo choo trump train

Just realized, this means Trump is taking a harder position on Kikestan than Dicky Spencer and most of the Aut-Right.

While its true his campaign and administration is filled with Jews, I've yet to see any proof they are zionist kikes. I think it's a mantra of useful idiots to have garnished the power and funding he needed.

Please Mr President, I can't handle all of this winning.

The alt right is our greatest ally !

post a screenshot of the article.

bump

framing it in this way is completely disingenuous, this jives perfectly well with what President Trump has always stated.

bump

I'm so hard right now.

West Bank/Gaza can never prosper on their own, just give it to Jordan/Egypt respectively. Idk why this hasn't happened already. Both countries are at peace with Israel, seriously what's the problem?

web.archive.org/web/20170306224412/http://jpupdates.com/2017/02/08/report-jordan-behind-trumps-sudden-israel-shift/

Where was /pol when Trump was red-pilled by the decendant of Muhammad. King Abdullah of Jordan.

BUT HE'S A ZOG PUPPET! MUH KUSHNER! MUH JEWISH DAUGHTER!

Trump's spent his entire career playing the kikes like a fiddle and anybody who expected him to stop now is an extreme faggot. Now that he's president he has no real need for jewish support and he can begin to let the hammer slowly drop. And if Uncle Schlomo starts kvetching because how dare that dirty antisemitic bastid tell israel it can't steal some land, he can point to Ivanka with a shit eating grin on his face and say he's the least antisemitic person in the world.

I feel like a very bad goy right now Anons, a very bad goy.

CNN BTFO

Of fucking course

Well, if you took a weaker position on Israel than "Implicit Dick", you'd have to be a fucking neocon.

Spencer want Israel out of our politics though.

Spencer wants cock in his anus.

He supports the existence of Israel and wants jewish money in White Nationalism.

B-but how could Trump betray muh BASED Jewish nationalists?!

I didn't say he didn't.

I never denied that.
That quote was from 2010 and was talking about Israel's support for South Africa's apartheid government.

I don't like Spencer, but he isn't bending over and offering his anus to Israel like a lot of you guys think.
He hates Milo too.

BEST TIMELINE

How ironic that he belongs in the same bog

Muhammad confirmed for white
Islam confirmed for true white religion

That's just because he's a shekel begging e-celeb that gets into turf fits with other e-celebs.

Cuz he's competition in the gay pseudo-fascist market

Only since he was publicly outed as a pedophilia advocate. Spencer was at Milo's faggots for Trump event, with pictures of young "twinks" all over the walls.

Remember that the middle east, before the nigger and mong boom, was the white man's home.

Hell, their societies used to look the damn same, fifty years ago.

I bet it just tears those kikes up that muh sacred Judea is inhabited by those filthy Mohammedans. You can taste their anguish. Now this? Pottery. I guarantee though that those rats are waiting for the US to be preoccupied with some major crisis, to turn their back on them for a moment, before steaming ahead and annexing anyway.

They will likely fabricate evidence of Palestinians gaining access to more advanced weaponry, perhaps from jihadis groups who maintained supply lines in Syria applying their expertise elsewhere, a threat which must surely be dealt with by the *temporary* (of course) military occupation of the West Bank. Obviously once the Israelis have dominion this kicks off another intifada, and what's a poor jew to do to cope with such a tragic turn of events than to incrementally apply Israeli control over the region, ultimately resulting in de facto annexation? They probably have every detail planned out already and are simply waiting for the right trigger and weakness from the US.

To me kikes can have that shitty piece of land their schizophrenic desert fairy tale writings say belongs to them SO LONG AS THEY DON'T DO IT ON AMERICA'S OR EUROPE'S SHEKELS. Oh and they have to pay back all the shekels they took from America and Europe ever as well. After that them and their sandnigger cousins can eradicate one another for all I care. Pakistan will just nuke them and they nuke back and we'll be rid of them forever.

Wasn't he the king who flew his own fighter jet to bomb isis?

The entirety of the Middle East and North Africa is rightful Aryan clay.

Oy vey Trump, youse suppostdaah' be Israel's greatest ally!

that ended after the civil war

Here you go.

ZOG puppet or not Trump better be extra careful and hopefully his personal security detail is specifically trained in detecting the mossad's kike tactics if they decide to go after him. Pray to Kek he protects Trump at all costs!!!

KIKE SHILLS = REKT

BERNIE BTFO

Anti-Muslims are D&C!
:^)

Indeed. I can only hope it can he returned, one day.

They won't stop there. They want the entire thing. You think the current borders of israel is what the kikes want? They want the entire middle east under their control.

Isn't the jordanian king related to the brittish royal family by blood? I know he's half brittish.

Reminder that Obonobo snubbed King Abdallah for years, resulting in Obama ME leaks while Trump immediately met with the king and spoke about the past 6 years of Oniggers nonsense.

t. christian circassian loyalist

Bump.

From which country are you a circassian?

This is the sort of campaign promise I'm O.K. with the President breaking. America First and Israel First are incompatible. With 95% of American jews voting for Hillary Clinton and the jewish media finding new lies to slander Trump with every day, it looks like the President finally got the message that jews will never be on his side no matter what he does.

It's not even that. Trump never came out in support of expanded settlements, although Kushner did. He even stated early on in the campaign that he would be neutral between Israel and Palestine.

Bernie is such a Jewish fuckin con-artists. It pisses me off so much that a majority of the population thinks he's a great guy. Where's that video of him being called out by a Black guy for him being a Zionist Jew and his people controlling all the banks and media? It looks like they took it off Youtube

This one?

And you believe every greentext you read? He's not by any measure the "most powerful muslim", let alone white.

Oh wow nvm yeah that's it. For some reason didn't come up when I searched for it on youtube. sry

Trump wants to be the accepted face of the zionism pushed by americucks

Wew! This thread being slid HARD.

Have a bump yidshills.

Didn't you know the aut right only has enough shekels for one fag to scam.