WHAT WENT WRONG?

WHAT WENT WRONG?

Other urls found in this thread:

please
archive.is/LoyPV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lol mercurysteam

Not going to bother with lords of shadow 2, that one managed to somehow be worse than 1

At least they tried.
I still kinda prefer this version to the endless stream of metroidvanias we've had after the SNES

I'm surprised they didn't ask Kojima to work on it, maybe he would've improved the gameplay a little bit

Because it literally isn't a castlevania.
Someone, I forget who, just looked at it and said 'hey lets call it castlevania'

Changing something up isn't completely wrong.

Konami has treated Castlevania really badly, the sales had been dwindling for years because of all the shitty rehashes.

A complete change could've been great if done well.

My mistake.
>please use archive.is/2012/08/02/hideo-kojima-turned-lords-of-shadow-into-castlevania-lords-of-shadow/
I'd only ever heard about the part where Hideo called the shot and decided to make it a castlevania. I didn't know it had originally been proposed as a castlevania and then stripped of that.
Still. The bulk of the development would have seen it designed separately from the IP and that is different from trying to take an old, stale IP in a new direction.

You're the reason why the industry is dead

That filter is fucking stupid and a pain in the ass.
archive.is/LoyPV

Huh, didn't know about this

You're free to leave at any time.

I've never even heard of that site so I doubt they torture children for fun like Holla Forums assumes most journalists do. They documented what I wanted to know and even taught me something new about the event I didn't know about already. If that's not worthy of the all illusive 'click' then I don't know what is. You are a baboon. Archive is to prevent information from being disappeared off of the internet by 'revisionists' not so you can stick it to the man.

You're free to leave at any time.

Don't respond to fags

That's right he should just take it like the little bitch he is or leave.

Everything.

Waste of trips. What's the point of an IP if it's not the same gameplay with different settings?

kill yourself

I liked the first Lords of Shadow. Didn't love it but I found it enjoyable enough even though it was frustrating in some places. LOS2 sucked though. The FOV was so terrible I couldn't play for ten minutes without wanting to spew. And the 3DS/side-scrolling spin-off was average at best.

Whatever, none of that matters anymore. Konami doesn't care. The only CV we'll get in the future will be a pachinko machine or a themed slot.

Hopefully IGA doesn't fuck up his new game with the Shanoa clone as the MC.

I was actually thinking about playing LoS again, download Mirror of Fate HD and LoS 2 just because.
I originally played LoS in 360. But the 2 cds stuff was a majot turn off and my PC is shit so PS3 it is.
Pretty sure it will be shit, but I also liked the first one enough to force myself through the second one and Mirror because it's 2D.

They did a lot of shit wrong.

LoS had FUCKING EPILOGUE DLC instead of a true sequel.

It could have gone this route

LoS 1 - Gabriel Belmont's Rise
LoS 2 - Gabriel Belmont's Fall
LoS 3 - The Belmont Clan's Fate against Dracul for the centuries
LoS 4 - The last of the Belmonts and Dracul reuniting to sunder their fate and shit.

Mercurysteam fucked up.

These. Konami also tried to appeal to the Western market more. It's essentially Konami's version of DmC with less FUCK YOU.