My little cousin and vidya

Going to go visit my little cousin (14) in the next few days. He lives in an eastern euro shithole and doesn't know much english.

Thought about getting him some fun games. His pc is kinda shit and outdated, so I can't bring him modern stuff aside from like indie titles

Here's what I'll bring him so far

As you can see, I'm kinda shooter heavy here. I generally play RPGs and strategy games, but I can't really bring him that since I don't know if he'll be able to play it. I know he likes racing games, which is something I don't do at all.

What would you lads cream over if you were 14 and couldn't understand squat? Older titles preferred.

He's already gone through the GTA phase. I know he's kind of a pussy and won't play doom but that won't stop me from giving him scarier games

Other urls found in this thread:

source.bungie.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Crypt of the Necrodancer

When I was 14 I would cream myself over star wars and it has universal appeals so:
Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
KOTOR (I know you said his english was bad but its up to you to determine if he can play an RPG. Deus Ex would be way too hard with all the talking.)

Witcher 1 (2007) might be too modern but its eastern european.

why, my peanus weenus of course hahah! it's my weeeeeenus peanus! hahah

My favorite when I was a teen was the Marathon series. It has a lot of text, but it's mostly for flavor, so it might even help him learn some English.

source.bungie.org/

Mount and Blade
Battlefront 2
Analingius

Yeah I'm thinking about removing deus ex so I'll probably not give him KOTOR

Crypt of the Necrodancer is pretty fun

I'll add Jedi Knight 2 and witcher as well.

The big thing though is I kinda don't want to give him games with too much nudity since I'd probably take the heat if he gets caught, and that's a conversation I'm not really willing to have.

I mean yeah I have duke already….but still. It's pretty pixelated and shitty

I've thought about giving him

Diablo 1 and 2

What language does he know?

If Russian, STALKER
If Polish Planescape Torment (of all things) apparently has a pretty good Polish translation.

These fucking template threads are getting out of control.

Deadbolt
Breath of Death VII
Cthulhu Saves the World
Cave Story
Devil Daggers
Oniken
Risk of Rain
Remember to recommend him some emulatable games too.

What the fuck even is a template thread? Every single thread that asks a question I see some fag in it saging it and calling it a template thread.

A low effort copy-pasted OP, sometimes with minor alterations.

If you weren't new as fuck, you'd know that this exact thread has been made dozens of fucking times.

lad

I know this might be hard to believe, but there's a high possibility that two people on this world might actually be visiting their cousins, and they want game suggestions.

It's called coincidence.

Like the "sick wife needs games" roleplay threads.

Like the "young female family member needs games" roleplay threads.

Like the "how do i get my girlfriend that hates vidya to play vidya?" roleplay threads.

Na, get the fuck out of here. Any low-effort thread that can be answered with two seconds on google doesn't need to exist. The board is already flooded with shit without you piling on.

It seems to me that you might be a little bit paranoid about people wanting to discuss video games.
Perhaps its time to take a step back and close the computer browser before you take more drastic measures and harm yourself.

Romanian

Thanks for the suggestions lads

Just gave yourself away with that typical goon projection spiel.

Next time try to be a little bit more subtle.

Give him KOTOR. I can honestly say that when I was a kid and learning to read/write/speak English, Link to the Past and especially Final Fantasy 1 very quickly taught me what I needed to know

He's still in that age group where he'll pick up another language in a matter of months, so if he's engaged in the game - and since it's Star Wars he likely will be; it's got a sexy Twi'lek who happens to be his age, laser swords and spaceships - he'll be bettering himself in no time

Seriously, give him KOTOR

Alrighty I might as well. The list needs variety anyway. Though I don't know if he's a big star wars fan, it might open his eyes or something.

maybe a grand turismo and stop at 3 4 if you are brave
or rocket league

Star Wars is pretty much specifically designed to appeal to teenaged boys. He'll like it.

anilingus you swine

that game was ok at best… it brakes the 4th wall so many times is annoing as memepool

KOTOR is the game to go.

Also if he is from Eastern Europe give him HoMM III, you cant live in post communist shithole and not play HoMM.

Seconding HoMM. 3 and 4 are both good imo.

Where the fuck is DOOM you queer? Hardly have to understand what's going on, less so than Duke probably.

He has doom

i used to rent a basement suite, and the guy upstairs was an older, alcoholic Russian guy who talked like every russian stereotype you've ever heard ("good morning friend. I am checking mail, are you of waiting for packages?"). the water heater stopped working and he came into my basement suite while i was there to fix it, and he saw my Doom poster on the wall and fucking lost his mind. "DOOM! YOU HAVE DOOM! IN HOME WE PLAY DOOM WHILE STUDY ONLY GAME MORE POPULAR IS TETRIS!". we drank together every thursday after that until he died and i went to his funeral and man i actually really miss him, he left me his cool coat of arms plaque in his will