Wario thread

favorite land game
favorite ware game
why wario is da bess?

dem hitler trips

I've been trying to play Wario Land 4, but goddamn it's fucking boring as shit

Is there something I'm missing? Wario Land 3 is probably in my top 5 favorite games of all time, but this is just ech

You're probably the first person I've met that prefers 3 to 4, a lot of people got turned off by having your abilities locked away. Anything specifically you don't care for in 4? The treasures and levels were all pretty straightforward to me compared to the past two games. I didn't really care for having to run back to the start of the level after hitting the timer, but everything else was good. Maybe you were just expecting another puzzle-platformer like WL3? If so you should try out WL2, it's more similar.

The virtual boy one. Not even trying to be a hipster, get an emulator and play it. It has some of the bets level design in the series.

None. All of them are shit that have nothing to do with actual Wario games and the only good thing about them are the characters. At least the dev team of it went on to make rhythm heaven which is actually good.

Him and Waluigi are the only Nintendo characters with actual personalities outside of Mario RPG interpretations and the game series itself was not afraid of experimenting with new things which made it one of the most unique and interesting platformers on the market. Until Nintendo cancelled it in favor of fucking Wario Ware.

I feel like the levels are too linear? In WL 3 you had these massive levels, but you could only access parts of them as you progressed trough the game and got more abilities. These ended up making them more varied, more interesting.

In this one they're just kind of always the same, only with pallette changes.

I haven't played that much yet, but so far it felt like the direction I had to go in was pretty much always clear and linear.

Maybe it's just me, I don't know.

It just doesn't feel right

NINTENDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

When playing 3 recently I noticed the levels were still somewhat linear, though not in a direct sense. There usually is a branching path in levels from which one way leads to a key and the other to the corresponding chest. Though there are obviously many exceptions, the two still tend to be placed in the same path or area. What I enjoyed about 4 over 3 was needing to plan a route based on getting all collectibles in one go, while in 3 you have to get chests in separate runs, within relatively enclosed areas. They're both really fucking good games regardless and if anyone reading this hasn't played them, you better damn well pick up and emulator and do so.

Holy fuck I completely forgot about this game

I dunno man, they gave Land another chance with Shake It after Wario Ware came about. Maybe they'll do it again.

Yeah, WL3 is pretty much a Metroidvania like Order of Ecclesia, the others are a bit more linear by comparison.

Easy. 3, Touched, and because he's a fat jew.

(checked)

This shit was surprisingly fun.

Did someone say Wario?

Wario taught me the value of money and how important it is to steal it from other people.

i thought warioware touched was a perfect game, where do i go from here?

Downhill.

Twisted is bretty gud. Only one that's bad actually is Game & Wario.

I want to fuck that key ghost

Man this game is fucked up. There's some really disturbing shit in there with distorted music and some bad mushroom trip shit. Especially the boss designs are all sorts of fucked.

I've only ever played the first WarioWare, though I enjoyed it a lot for the few dozen hours I spent with it. At some point I came to really like the character and I've been telling myself I'll play at least all of the Land games one day soon, but I've been telling myself that for like 3 years now. No reason not to play them in order, right?

EXCELLENT

Wario Land 3, haven't played Virtual Boy one yet

None.

Cause anyone who doesn't win is a loser.

Keep in mind that Wario Land becomes more of its own thing as it goes, the very first Wario Land is more a roughhouse-y Mario game than it is Wario as we know and loathe him. Powerups and jumps and the whole lot.

Wario Land 2 is where things get to be Wario as we know him.

It fucking hurts so much, Wario World is one of my favorite wreck-shit-up games.

It kinda goes back to the SML3/VBWL style in 4, you have a health bar again and stages are more linear than 2/3.

Who the fuck is that Yoshi furfag

Most likely you would win the lottery, rather than getting Virtual Wario Land on the 3ds.

You're godamn right, we live in a world where you could be the owner of the world if you're rich enough.

How many games are like this one, I mean, dressing up in ridiculous forms just to get a power-up and not being a show-off like in fucking tf2

This seemed like a complex piece to compose.

This is a perfect game. This is the definitive platforming experience on the market right now. Not only is it perfect, but it built upon everything that made the previous game great, which is rare to see nowadays. Usually in sequels your character has to relearn everything… Not here.. Not Wario Land 3. When people think of "2D collectathons" this is the game that springs to mind. It has everything that makes 2D platformers fun. Large explorable open worlds. Moves and abilities to unlock. Various transformations to control. Fun boss battles. Addictive minigames. Time Attack. Replayability. It's here. It's engaging. It's amazing. It's a 12 hour + campaign length and up to 20+ if you want to 100% it. There is no other game, don't mention Super Mario Bros. with its shit controls and bland gameplay. Don't even list Metroid or Kirby. This is the game. Accept it.

Final Fantasy Lightning Returns

Also, I LOVE DIY, but I wish I had an easier way to transfer microgames around.

Mein neger. It really is a shame there is no way to transfer microgames easily, except for passing around emulator files which would obviously be a huge hassle for all parties involved. The maker part was pretty cool in being what essentially is a Game Maker-lite, and thus a good introduction to basic programming functions. I was rather disappointed by the lack of any interactive function other than single taps, like press-and-hold, dragging, or using any button available on the console, though it was still flexible enough to use.

The other motions probably would have been "too complex" to implement, although what people did with the creation tools on their own is neat. I also liked how the DIY music and microgames were connected in that you could freely sample from the music, as well as anything and everything from the built in games.

the game

say what you want about the controls or whatever. but holy fuck this music is off the rails

l-look you

Is Wario a jew?

never played the ware games

but i loved the wario land games
i played 2, 3 ,4 and cant really pick a favorite among them
i just remember enjoying the hell out of as a kid and played through them multiple times each

I guess it's so good it needs to be posted twice.

play the first too, its more of a traditional platformer but with more exploration elements than most

i bet he hates jews

You are most welcome.

Wario World was probably my favorite of the bunch. Wario may not have had any special power ups, but he didn't fucking need them and the whole game was just using what you got to the best of your abilities in new settings.

I bet Wario is an extremely proficient lover.

well would you look at that
now we have 2 wario threads

I.G. Productions is fucking great, I wish they did art for more games.

so who's gonna develop wario land nx

Wario World 2 Never Ever

I've only played Wario Land. Are the other Wario games good? Which ones?

i cant think of any bad ones, but wario land 4 and wario world are a little short, and some people have issues with the controls (ds gimmick) in master of disguise.

Elder God Tier:
VB Wario Land

High Tier:
Wario Land II
Wario Land 4

Mid Tier:
Wario Land 3
Wario World
Wario Land

Low Tier:
Wario Land: Shake It!

Shit Tier:
Wario: Master of Disguise

I've heard so much about how amazing it is, but how many people actually played it? I've only ever heard people say it's fantastic and then never say anything about it other than that.

It's pretty easy to emulate, and you can make it look like a Gameboy game instead of red with double lines and stuff.

As for the game, it plays similar to the first Wario Land, but taken to a whole new level. Its big gimmick is the sprite scaling technique, with Wario bouncing between planes when he's on the special panel. Treasures are more accessible than later Warios, but still take some searching to find. Level design and bosses are phenomenal here, some of the most challenging of any Nintendo game I've played. Also the graphics and animation are very nice for '95, especially for a portable system. It's a shame such a great game is still stuck on the Virtualboy though.

I've played bits and bobs of it and it's absolutely fucking fantastic, it's a hellish merge of Wario Land and Wario Land 2. Platformer with powerups but also treasure hunting, fantastic level design and bosses.

It's the main reason I'm upset there's no Virtual Boy emulator for 3DS yet.

Shake It was good despite the waggle shit.

Other than some of the Ware games, I've really only played Wario World, which I fucking loved.

The sole complaint was that it was too short, which only served to highlight the fun and the potential.

What the fuck, Nintendo.

fucking edgy luigi fags get out

I fucking love DIY. Altough my focus was more on the music than the games. All 5 shelves are fucking full of music i did. I wish i had more space.

kek