Good game thread

ITT we talk about games that are lesser known, i.e., no AAA garbage. Hopefully this thread can form it into a regular thing so we can start talking about games that are worth a shit like we did last year.

Consoles aren't left out either, there are a few gems like Vampire Rain, Tornado Outbreak, and Lost Odyssey no one ever talks about.

For instance, Rouge System is now out on Steam instead of just proprietary, leading to more coverage. WebM related.

Also Battlezone Redux just came out recently, so I'm pretty stoked on that.

Other urls found in this thread:

imagespaceinc.com/rogsys/p/upgrading-from-eaccess-non-steam-to-steam-early-access/
volafile.io/get/1XvLPpcIw64l7/setup_strife_veteran_edition_2.0.0.2.exe
volafile.io/get/egjKPpwIw64N8/SVE.wad
dropbox.com/s/xgpgwo1izzb0axl/sve-support.pk3?dl=1
theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/silver-3/
transfer.sh/oyU0B/setup-silver-1.0.0.9.exe
transfer.sh/RVYy7/patch-gogsilver-10.exe
youtube.com/watch?v=b1FLk6BgATc
youtube.com/watch?v=1Jadtq1w2uw&list=PL59C440C0CD4E0346&index=3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is this game actually good? My friend played it and said it was shit.

It's good in its own way if you ask me. More of an acquired taste. If you dont like a dialed down MGS2 then you won't like it though.

more webms to bump

Should have used a brighter OP image to draw more posters

If you want a simple park management where you can let dinosaurs fuck everyone up, get Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis. Shit's comfy, especially the mode where you just 'raise' dinosaurs on an island.

Anyone played pic related?

no, tell me about how you felt playing it. I can look at gameplay all day but until it finishes downloading i wont know

nothing huh?

Shit, it looks alright. I can get it for less than 5 bucks in bargain bins, so let's give this a shot.

SERIOUSLY?
Fuck this shit. Game looks interesting as fuck but 30 bucks ON A FUCKING EARLY ACCESS? I fucking hate those people, I'd rather not play than spend money.
>imagespaceinc.com/rogsys/p/upgrading-from-eaccess-non-steam-to-steam-early-access/
They are so fucking jewish it's beyond me. DRM-filled, as well. Are there any crackers who crack greedy kikes?

if he doesnt charge for the game it wont get made user. He's working alone on this and has been from the start. If he doesnt make money, hecant hire new staff. He's barely holding onto his sound designer as it is, and he's explicitly said this is why he's charging like this.

Chill out

I shill for this game occasionally. It's probably one of my favorites, and I think some other anons got it but I don't know what their opinion was of it.

Been playing the gog release of Strife- Veteran Edition. Its pretty fun and not really well known outside of fps fan circles since quake came out around the same time.

Nice mix of the doom engine and a light rpg, with a well voiced acted story and nice gunplay. Being a big doom player its interesting to see the engine being used in a different way. Also even without the fancy open gl stuff with this release the sprites hold up far better then the textures of its contemporary quake imo.

Uploaded it to the vola a couple days back and its still up,
volafile.io/get/1XvLPpcIw64l7/setup_strife_veteran_edition_2.0.0.2.exe

Alternatively you can run the included wad in gzdoom
volafile.io/get/egjKPpwIw64N8/SVE.wad

You'll need this as well if you go that way dropbox.com/s/xgpgwo1izzb0axl/sve-support.pk3?dl=1

Operation genesis was pretty sweet when I played the ps2 version way back. Its one of the few games about the series that touches on the really cool idea of running a park full of dinosaurs.

COME ON YOU APES, YOU WANT TO LIVE FOREVER?

How is it user?
Did Rebellion fuck it up?

better than the original. Many new addons that add to gameplay

Always wanted to try this but holy fuck it will not run on a modern system

Heard nothing but good things about it myself

Thanks, guess Ill give it a spin.

Works fine on both 32 and 64 bit Windblows 7 and some pretty recent hardware.
Maybe try compatibility mode?
PCGamingWiki might have something about your issue.
Games pretty unique, it has some really big pacing issues thought.

I'm one of those strange people that like both the movie and the book, and can understand that they are different for understandable reasons. I've never ever heard of this game.

Similarly, I just learned about EDF which seems like a cool Starship Troopers style game.

HELL YEAH

Anyways I've been recommending Neon Chrome ever since I've played it.

It's a twin stick shooter very similar to crimsonlands with the very neon heavy graphics of Satellite Reign. It also has some surprisingly cool TECHNOLOGY for a twin stick shooter. Going too close to an object will not allow you to shoot because the barrel is too long. You can destroy thin walls and doors and you will use it a lot to do sneak attacks. Enemies seeing an ally get shot from the corner will sometimes(sometimes, I haven't seen it all the time but it is common since I am a corner camping faggot) step back and wait for you to come through the corner. For a certain class, there is light based stealth(it is binary though). Gunplay is also very fun and the perks while mostly stat increases can allow you to build full melee damage and just juggernaut through everything or a perk that causes your bullets to split in half, each half having 30% extra damage(don't build that on an accurate assault rifle because it will fuck you over, but with burst rifles and shotguns it's godlike)

Only complaints I have about it is that:
1)It's one of those procedurally generated games so it can and will get pretty repetitive in levels and music, even though I really liked some parts of the music(see 17:42)
2) For some reason all the good weapons I got rolled with were shotguns and burstrifles, and I've never had the reason to pick an assault rifle or an SMG, and a lot of the purple(special) weapons were situational at best and godawful at worst.(muh railguns)
3)It has a cool story with a cool announcer(Some guy who sounds like paxton fettel from FEAR but with a distortion filter over him), but the really cool story levels are restricted to specific one time levels that you can't replay.
4) Corporate soldier class is a waste. I read riot shield and got all excited but all it is is a 25% damage reduction from the front and you still get 50% extra damage taken from the back. It should have been the cool shields some enemies use that block projectiles from the front but not explosives.

I highly recommend it.

Don't use mouselook for this game. It will spoil a certain plot twist for you if you look up while talking to a certain someone.

I saw a review on this game and was interested for a while.
I'll use the GoG as whatever.

I heard about the game on a national only game magazine in 2005.
Saw the game for 20 euros 2 years laters and picked it up.

Barely marketed and a lot of development issues I believe.
Game is still very unique, shitton of enemies, mission and weapon variety, it just captures the spirit most of the time.
Still, some pretty frustating setpieces and pacing issues, but its just glorious when you shoot half of a 100 group of bugs dead or kill clusters of it.
Theres some really good moments.

You're in for a treat son

I looked it up and found that it was just an issue with amd cards, im gonna upgrade soon so I'll play it then.

There's also an rts game based on the book called Starship Troopers: Terran Ascendancy

Have it toggled for dealing with turrets and shit but I'll make sure to go classic in story parts its not blackhawk-cahn is it

I don't remember who blackhawk cahn is. But no I had something else in mind

Had the demo, first mission was pretty mediocre.
I wish there were more licensed games, last one was unsuprisingly a mobileshit game.

Guess Ill go read the book

While on the subject of alien purging
Could anyone vouch for Helldivers? It looks pretty cool but I hated Magicka.
Is helldivers any good for singleplayer or is it only >good with friends

Better with friends, game actually has FF and drops can insta kill you.
Its not a time waster funny game with friends, games is legit good.

Better with friends, but stick close to each other for maximum coverage.
It's a good game, but I feel it's lacking in term of content.

This looks promising

These 2 posts look almost exactly the same, I honestly think some sort of algorithm made them.

Those games are lesser known games in other gaming communities, but are popular here. Still posting in case one of you (younger or not) anons haven't played them

In my opinion Phantasmagoria hasn't aged well at all.

An inherent flaw of any game that used fmv, I'm not sure there's one that's held up. I could be wrong.

DM:MM, which like EYE and VTM:B, proves that while Source may be a steaming pile of shit, third party devs can still make infinitely better use of it than Valve.

Good games don't age, friendo.

I never understood what does games aging mean. It's the same game like it was years ago, though there'll probably be problems with compability, resolution etc.

I was going to post another bunch of games but I can't think of anything else now. I thought of adding shit like PoP:WW and the first F.E.A.R. but these games are only underrated for really newfags who started playing games a few years ago. They make the majority of gamers I think but I don't know how many of them are here

You can see it with classic anyways. It's barely a spoiler.

Seriously, don't read this one unless you want it spoiled.
one of the mastermind things are hovering above the cultists.

What I mean is that back in the 90s FMV games didn't look as stupid as do they now. Technology marches forward and the advances in 3D graphics made FMV games look bad very quickly.

FMV games that can still work are Wing Commander 3 and 4 because they got Mark Hamill involved, and Harvester because it was played as a weird comedy and wasn't meant to taken seriously. Command and Conquer's FMV cutscenes are decent too

Well specifically for Phantasmagoria but also applicable to many other titles, the gameplay choices and sometimes compromises for the visual effect can age a game significantly since it can be restrictive. Its not just a visual dating of the title.

I'd play Silver. where could I get it?

Damn, I can't make Sanitarium work (GoG version). I'm tempted to build a Win95 system with the stuff in my retired hardware drawer just to lay it again.

The game suffers from a big compatibility issue but if you have an older system, like win xp or vista the original disks would work from here

theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/silver-3/

There's a torrent for the gog version on thepiratebay which will work on modern systems, but its very slow. I'll upload it to a file sharing site when its done since both of us trying to dl it at 60kb/s per sec ain't gonna work out well.

Pathologic Classic HD has been out for a bit, does anyone know if it's worth getting (I never see it mentioned anywhere)? I haven't played the original since I never believed in the "broken game/English adds to the charm" thing.

Like the other guy said, it's lacking in content and you'll get bored quickly because there isn't a lot of variation in what you end up doing on every mission. Since Friendly Fire is always on it can lead to some fun moments with friends but the game is really not a must-have.

Too bad OP, I considered contributing.

Does it include the expansion? Because I heard they couldn't implement that.

As for lesser known, but still good games, I present Original War.

This is an RPG/RTS hybrid. What this means, in practice, is that each and every unit you control is unique, with an unique portrait and unique stats, and if they die they are gone for good. Later on you can train up a bunch of proto-niggers to pick cotton and do other menial tasks so they can free up your humans for more important shit.

The campaign also features choices and consequences that can be far reaching, and an additional campaign where you get to play as the Russians. What's even better is that the community is patching the game to this day.

my fellow apeman

Have a superior version.
Learn how to use ircs.

Well, I loved it. No idea about the translation, heard they hired some rainbow hair to do it. Not that I care.

This looks exactly like the kind of thing I've been looking for and I would like to know more.

Thanks, user

Bumpan with Styx: Master of Shadows, a really fun stealth game where you play an agile goblin. It's pretty low budget but it's incredibly fun and the music is top notch if you're into violins, also combat isn't much of an option and guards can insta kill you on the highest difficulty so you will stealth like your life depends on it.

It's now the definitive edition of the original game, no more crashes/bugs (several patches later) and a much-improved translation. It's still a niche survival horror RPG and inaccessible to a lot of people who don't have the patience for it, but there's a chance you'll end up being one of the die-hard fans.

We had near-constant generals for about two months after release until all of the newcomers finished the game, then it died out. Reviewers still couldn't understand it, so it didn't receive a lot of publicity.

Alphyna is certainly not a rainbow hair

Post some games already you twats

The First Templar's a pretty fun game

Here are five good games you will rarely see anyone mention negatively, and it seems a lot of people still haven't gotten around to playing them

I loved apotheon but my version kept crashing after beating artemis. that was a really cool bossfight by the way

That's a shame, I didn't really get into the game until the fight with Artemis. All of the other deity fights are equally unique and mythologically appropriate, you should try running it again.

Phantasmagoria is just bad in general.

Anyone remember Disciples, and the great sequel?

I was sorely tempted to get the physical edition of apotheon

Hows the third one?

I have Metal Head, it's pretty cool for its time and has a really cool bgm menu.
Textured polys, decent-ish controls, some advanced camera modes etc…
Best title on 32X is Tempo.

The controls always felt kinda clunky for me.

We need more mecha, or new mecha.

Mechwarrior is dead

Finally finished downloading

transfer.sh/oyU0B/setup-silver-1.0.0.9.exe

transfer.sh/RVYy7/patch-gogsilver-10.exe

Recommending Slave Zero, a pretty fun mecha TPS

The one thing that's really clunky is getting on and off ledges.

Jalopy.

It's still in pre-Alpha but considering that, it's a hell of a game. Essentially it's a procedurally-generated roguelike (I know, I know) but you have an old shitty car you're supposed to drive across Eastern Europe. You buy and sell parts for the your car along the way to fund yourself and if you run out, you're fucked. I'm bad at writing about shit, but it's pretty neat. It has quite a few game breaking bugs and the roguelike system isn't totally ironed out yet. It's hard to make it past a few days travel.

It also considers hugging walls as more hidden than not hugging walls.

First and last ones are basically clones but , eh i liked them for what they were

*2nd an 3rd one , imeant

bump

Here's Invisible Inc, a game by Klei. It's a turn based tactics stealth game where you play as two(up to four) agents from a now defunct corporate espionage firm stealing shit from four megacorps to get their super powerful AI system to a supercomputer and then clear their names and start fresh. It's pretty fun and intense since combat isn't even an option unless you get an infinite ammo weapon, which costs a lot and can get you in some serious trouble later on in the game. It's got a shitton of campaign options ranging anywhere from campaign length(normal campaign length is 72 ingame hours which is around 11 or so levels, with a DLC it can be extended to another 48 hours) to guard routes and behaviours, cones of sight, etc. My only complaints is that
1) Like with the game I linked above, neon chrome, it's also procedurally generated so it's going to feel a bit samey after a while
2) There's a serious case of tumblr nose among a lot of the agents in their portraits and it looks very distracting
3) None of the agents besides Gladstone has a character. They have the occasional four line dialog per mission start but that's it. Banks is supposed to have brain damage from a botched cyber augment, nothing alludes to it.
4) Not much in the way of build variety. You HAVE to have armor piercing zappers in order to deal with later enemies, you HAVE to have good programs if you want to stand a chance against any 3+ security facility and you'll probably get Internationalle on any team because she's so good from start to finish.
5) A certain mission type, financial suite, is a load of shit. All it does is give you a key so you can waste more time going to another type of mission to get lots of money, but you already get decent amounts of money looting what you can from safes and guards throughout normal missions, and it's a massive pain in the ass of a mission to complete because once you stumble upon the VIP you have to knock him out while guards are alerted to your position and then lay on top of him for a few turns until you get what you want, and then book it because guards now know you're there.

But still, it's a very fun game and it's very rarely unfair compared to say XCOM Enemy Unknown especially since you have a rewind option per mission to rewind a turn if you accidentally screw up. And the music is pretty cool, it gets more and more intense as alarm levels increase.

Bump with video games, it's much more helpful.

I've gotten a LOT more out of this game than I ever expected

1. look no further for a badass metroidvania that pretends to be touhou

2. metal slug clone where you can brainwash enemies into joining your ranks and take their guns

3. basically earthworm jim 3d

4. real time worms game. original doesn't have netplay but many of it's clones do so

1. logic platform game where you fight those small blue balls

2. strategy game with only one type of unit that you can equip with tools and toys, sadly multiplayer doesn't seem to work without dedicated retro hardware and only LAN

3. racing game from team 17 which inspired trackmania

4. diablo clone with quite a few interestic mechanics, such as enemies slowly advancing from within the dungeon and dynamically generated quests

"Good game thread"
"No AAA"

I think you meant "Games I like thread" or maybe "Holla Forums autism circle jerk"

Might want to post names on the ones without a name in the filename.
I recognize MDK, not sure on that racing game.

Also that racing game reminds me of RE-VOLT, an incredible racing game where you play with RC cars.

I was pretty impressed with Zeno Clash too. For me it was the fucking gorgeous art direction that did it and the sequel really fucking delivered too. I was never big on fighting games and memorizing combos but it was still really enjoyable.

this and LoG 2 are really good games

You'll probably like Abyss Odyssey too but I have to warn you I'm pretty sure the AI reads your input at times.

Is that the shump with the very depressing plot?

Speaking of Shumps I'm recommending Astebreed.

Seconding Astebreed and joining shmup recommendations by suggesting Crimzon Clover

Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising. A single-player-only strategy game where you manage a small squad of AI-controlled vehicles in a campaign against a conventional RTS type enemy who has bases, energy production, etc. You gather resources by disassembling scrap metal with your own tank thing. You can manually control a vehicle to do third-person action stuff. All the AI characters have their own vehicle/weapon preferences and personalities, which is pretty cool. Story is decent too. Well worth a playthrough.

So it's similar to Battlezone? Will give a shot, thanks

motherfucking liro. Fuck man, that game was so much fun

Fuck that game.

I just know that My Summer Car will be wayy better than that horribly coded Unity piece of shit named 'Jalopy'. I am SO glad I didn't buy that pile of shit.

I know it's alpha, but let me give you some constructive criticism to further prove my point:
>this also explains the horrible performance inb4 "performance optimizations". I've seen how people code Unity, you can't "optimize" shit.

Heck, I could make the entire game in my own engine in under a week.

Whoever designed that game is a fucking amateur. And I'll gladly wait for My Summer Car to get out.
Also: My Summer Car's website is wayyyy fucking better.

i very distinctly remember vampire rain because people were calling it the worst game of all time when it came out, no exaggerations.

is this bait? or was it actually decent?

It's a shmup that's kinda good if you've never played any good shmups but fucking atrocious otherwise

My Summer Car is coded in Unity user

For me, the only thing that really ages is controls and technical graphics (not art style).

Old games with great art style still look good decades later. Ones that relied purely on technical wow-factor of the day look like shit now.

As for controls, stuff like tank controls went out of style. Trying to replay Nuclear Strike feels almost impossible these days.

This would be an amazing game if people actually played it. Servers are effectively dead, which is a damn shame..

I remember the voice overs being cool but going over my head.

That reminds me a lot of the PS2 Sarge's Army games.

Nice

God damnit I love that game.

On the topic, pic related. We have had a few threads going on here on Holla Forums about Amplitude in general and they are very slow, but talk about the games and the dev is always positive.

youtube.com/watch?v=b1FLk6BgATc

That's all. I'm done gushing. All we really need is for them to give up on making the Hissho a minor faction in ES2 right now.

dungeon of the endless is tons of fun too.
but it quickly falls apart once you learn how to git gud and every floor becomes the same procedure as the last floor

Nuclear Strike is fucking great and it is not tank controls at all. I don't think you know what tank controls are.

If you want comfy fantasy, I recommend Drakensang.

Great post user. Also worth mentioning, both Endless games are comfy as hell.

Oh yes, agreed. DotE gets bonus points because Amplitude had the audacity of doing something different by combining roguelike with tower defense and making the entire thing hilarious to boot. Every single item is either a play on words or mocking something else (Hipster clothing makes the hero be attacked first). The game does not take itself seriously at all and it is fucking amazing. Sadly it gets formulaic like you said. Build Industry generators, build food and science generators, then build defense shit on your path to the exit and you basically win.

apotheon ran like shit

muh nigguh
dat music is comfy as all shit though

Also I found Grim Dawn to be breddy gud, though it's linear as fuck
pure demolitionist OP as shit, exploding the countryside as I go

The maps we're quite poor gameplay wise and the game lacked a lot of polish. The visuals we're fucking spectacular but there was too little content and depth. Plus there was not a lack of any real skill cap

I bought it for me and my little brother and we played it with a bunch of friends day 1.

I think Strife's biggest flaw, apart from it's flaws is that it never got a sequel.

Personally I think Blood completely outstrips doom on all fronts other than not being the important fps Doom was.

I still haven't redeemed my hd release key, I've been meaning to give it away but I only give things away in competition.

All this and Endless Legend runs on Unity, but you'd never fucking guess it. it does have that retarded quirk where the game stutters for no logical reason with too many NPCs though, that's probably thanks to Unity. I'm more interested in Endless Legend 2 than Endless Space 2 personally. I think ELs greatest strength is how different each race is, it's great, and other 4x games don't do this on the same level.

I didn't like Dungeon of the Endless, It felt like it was limp on content and overly tedious, I hope they do more spinoffs in the future they've really hit the nail on the head with their world design and I love the idea of dust.

Great game.

Completed the android port version which is surprisingly good also.

It looks like the only unique thing it has going for it is the aesthetic. Other than that it plays just like any other modern shooter, that's probably why it died so fast. Once the novelty of the visuals wore off nobody gave a fuck anymore.

It's okay at the beginning then quickly falls apart utterly in pacing. Tosses a bunch of bosses at you which were kinda meh and the gameplay itself is incredibly lackluster due to meh level design.

Graphics can age poorly, no matter how good the game is.

The Riddick games are good.

Wait what? What sorcery is this the game runs smooth like a baby's ass and I have yet to upgrade my gfx card.

that entirely depends on the art style

Does anyone have a good metroidvania to recommend?

Same counts for Cities Skyline. It's blackmagic I tell you

Valdis Story: The Abyssal City. Basically a mashup between Castlevania and Devil May Cry.

top tier

or it depends on the programmer since people willing to drop money on a paid engine usually know a couple things about programming already while unity is free and any asshole can try to make a game which results in a lot of bad code since almost every game in unity is myfirstgame.project

Tomba 1 and 2

This'll fill the gap till the finfag autism game comes out
and if you look you can find a build of my summer car but dev now says he'll no longer be giving out tester copies because of the leak so the game will probably be more buggy on release

Deception 4: Nightmare Princess.

it's really good. If you remember Trapt, this is the same series, without the localized title because they realized that it's retarded to have that name because it would be confusing for the buyer.

Basically Rube Goldberg machine making while dodging bullets.

If anyone wants to learn typing, I recommend typing of the dead. Both the original and overkill.

Thank you for sharing

I've never really enjoyed Diablo II or its clones such as Torchlight or Path of Exile. They seem really appealing at the start, but I lose interest very quickly. Din's Curse has been the only exception to this because of how intensely randomized it is and how much control it gives you over the difficulty and your character play style. The system of monsters ascending to higher levels and constructing machines in the dungeon and planning raids on the town make it feel like a much more reactive and live environment. Together these aspects of the design made me feel like I was allowed to engage with it on my own terms. I also find the low-poly graphics to have a very earnest and comforting aspect.

tl;dr Din's Curse is the tits

fuck yeah

I can't get over my head how well quick typing and House of the Dead work together.

but is is out on piratebay ? With that business model, I really need to try the game out to see if I like it, and by the look of things, 2 hours steam refund window is barely enough for training

this nigga knows his shit.
To bad there arent more games like this.

Still better than DCS.
Vs.

the difference is one of these games already exists. But yeah DSC is pretty expensive, I guess it has to be, the autism narrows down the audience so they cant expect to sell many copies

I mean I'd pay 60 bucks for full Rogue System, but not even the core game is ready, and the fact that only one guy is working on it makes it quite risky.
BTW the DCS bundle you're referring to is not anything arcade, it just doesn't have all the cockpit buttons clickable etc, but the flight models are supposed to be good

This game gets name dropped every now and again around here, and I remember buying it on sale for $2 and going two years before touching it.

I think this is partially because all anyone ever says about this game is "it's hard to get into". Because of this, I looked at a few tips before I played the game just to make sure I wouldn't fuck over my whole playthrough or something, but in practice, it wasn't that hard at all. I later found out I never reached the best classes and formations in the game, but I wound up beating everyone but the final superboss. Some points were rough, but it was far from the nightmare it was hyped up to be. This is not necessarily a bad thing.
The story, for a JRPG, is okay. Some of the minor characters are interesting, especially once you do their side quests. Everyone who joins your party has some kind of story to tell unless you hire the generic units, but then you're a faggot. The setting looks cool and has its moments of wonder.

Really, all of this is second fiddle to the combat, which is the real meat of the game and is the reason I spent 40 hours on this shit. You control up to 25 people at once in groups of 5. The stats, equipment, and formations of the groups have an effect on how strong they are, and the skills are where you start fucking things up. Once you figure out how to get groups to cast spells in unison that wipe the entire field, you realize you've spent too much time on this game.
It all seems sort of straightforward until you reach the mid-late stage of the game. Turns out the whole time the game's been taking into consideration your group's positioning and it becomes vitally important not to lose certain members of the group due to their game-changing skills. You may not have noticed, but individual members of the group do get knocked out and targeted by status spells while the rest of the group is strong enough to fight on without them!
You really gotta start paying attention to all this shit!

By the end of the game, combat becomes half battle, half juggling streetside attraction.
It's not a perfect game, to be sure, but if you've been itching for a JRPG with some depth to it, then you owe it to yourself to at least try this one.

as far as JRPG combat systems are concerned I always adored Touhou GoS. I sunk more than 200 hours in that one. The final boss fights of the both the vanilla game and the expansion are tactical clusterfucks and you need to know your 17 party members inside out to have a chance. Fully translated and one of my all time favorites.

There's an older game called DoSM, also a Touhou fangame. The boss battles in that are ever more batshit, for starters they have up to about 20 (!) elements and they can be resistant against and your characters have 30 different stats. Translation never ever.

I finally got into God Hand the other day and it lives up to all of the hype. The story is pretty typical B movie action stuff but it's really just an excuse for the phenomenal gameplay. That being said the cheesy dialogue is actually really good in a dumb sort of way.

It's by Clover, now known as Platinum, who we all should know make absolutely fantastic fighting games. If you've played Bayonetta or MGR it's a little bit like that.

It's fast, skill based, punishing but fair, and pure wacky bad ass fun from start to finish. It uses a somewhat unique difficulty system on top of the traditional one, where the better you do the faster and more aggressive the enemies become. This makes it so that even replaying the first level on normal can get pretty challenging pretty quickly once the game realizes you're not a scrub. It's a game where you suplex kung fu masters, spank dominatrices off of cliffs and generally just do ridiculous fun action movie bullshit, and the game makes you work for all of it which makes it that much more satisfying. The combat system has a lot of depth, and you can even customize your entire moveset. If you're a total scrub and you know it there's even a "grovel" special move where it resets the difficulty level back to babby mode.

Oh and there's a casino called "Barely Regal" where you can play blackjack, video poker and slots in between levels. Why? Why the fuck not.

It has a pretty big cult following so it's likely you've at least heard about it before but it was a commercial flop and it's still pretty underappreciated for what is arguably the best brawler on the Ps2 and many people's favorite brawler in general. Get pcsx2, configure it like pic related, get a god hand rom and just have fun. You won't regret it. If you don't want to spank a succubus to death, punch satan in the face and stomp a couple of niggerfaggots then I don't even know what to tell you.

youtube.com/watch?v=1Jadtq1w2uw&list=PL59C440C0CD4E0346&index=3

Also posting this cutscene because the way elvis handles his cigar in surprise always makes me laugh.

I can still recognize quality. I just need to sit down and try to hammer it out, it's just a shame since I'm so damn bad

Oops, forgot pic related

Are you playing ES or EL? EL is far easier to get into than ES. If you are still getting stuck then try looking for some guides on youtube to give you a heads-up on how to play.

Is it worth a pirate if I put a ton of time into Civ 4?

Without a doubt it is worth a pirate. It is not Civilization, though, but rather it's own beast (religion is missing, but "barbarians" are far more fleshed out and engaging for example).

Bump

Pic related is still one of the best assymmetrical FPSs out there and without all of the bullcrap that is perks and loadouts nowadays.

How do you git gud as the OC furry bats?
do I only use the winter borough expansion? because if I use the one you start with the city's happiness will drop down in an instant

I dropped it when best girl got killed and replaced with useless daughter

1. The Skyfin you get by doing quests is broken to explore the map around you and allowing you to find the best place to found your second city.
2. Yes, the happiness thing sucks and it is your primary concern for most of the early-mid game. The game is trying to make you expand slowly. One of my first researches when playing as them ine ach era is the happiness one to keep my pops from getting unhappy.
3. Buy some fucking luxuries from the market or expand anywhere you can get them, especially if you can get the one that boosts your happiness.
4. You need to assimilate a minor faction that grants you infantry units, especially anything super tanky. If you can assimilate the Eyeless Ones because of their + happiness thingie.
5. Sisters of Mercy hero. Plus happiness to city. Get her.
6. Your early game sucks but your lategame is a fucking monster, especially as winters grow harsher and longer. You are basically the opposite of the Cultists whose goal is to get an early win quickly. Bribe your foes to go against each other if you must.

DCS is an actual flight simulator. Rouge System is fucking garbage.

I got unlucky my first try and ended up neighbors with the cultists, had to abandon my capital and flee.

This was a pretty fun little beat em up on the 360. I don't see it mentioned much, probably because it was a 360 exclusive, but it was pretty fun and kept me entertained for ours. It's by the guys who made SOULSLIKE Salt and sanctuary but I don't think this ever got ported to PC.

Cultists fucking sniff out weakness and immediately go for the kill if they realize you are lacking military. They are the absolute worst early-game neighbor you can get. On the plus side you know you don't have to forward settle them as soon as you scout them out and can take your time before taking the lands next to them. Just keep a few units between the two of you in preparation for their invasion.

Holy shit, this and RA2 were my first games on my own PC. Just bought it because the Box looked kinda cool. A few years ago I bought the GOG release too, but still couldn't beat the game. When the aliens attack, the difficulty curve gets pretty steep…

NOLF and NOLF 2 is still out there, everybody should have played through them at least once. They're fun and the sequel pretty much did everything right.
[Spoiler]Just don't touch Contract JACK![/spoiler]

Shit dude I thought I was the only one that remembered this game, had no idea they made salt and sanctuary as well
Worst part of that game was probably the rhythm game sections, shit was weird and out of nowhere

i love all their games. loved the dishwasher series, loved charlie murder and salt and sanctuary. I really hope they port dishwasher to pc as well as charlie murder. We need need more hack n slash/beat em up games on pc that are coop.

I think you should go back user.

Although I'll agree to the choice of games.

MARATHON

You are a walking WMD with time travel powers constantly being teleported around to do the bidding of several AI constructs with different personalities, while purging HUNDREDS of aliens in the process. You'll start off by defending the Mars moon Phobos turned into a giant spaceship called the Marathon from aliens, until you get hijacked by another AI gone rampant with his own agenda who seeks to escape the closure of the universe by having you investigate ancient alien ruins while he ,with only one supermodified ship, is battling an entire alien fleet led by another AI gone rampant. Then the aliens decide to just nuke the entire ancient ruin planet which causes s,lfmthothksf??!??rQ@ra
The amount of projectiles fired at you make the game seem like a first-person bullet hell at times. And you get to dual-wield shotguns which you reload by flipcocking.

I liked those sections. They were optional and the music was neat. I haven't played any of their other games though i've been meaning to try S&S sometime.

Don't be an ass; we were all newfags once. Just call him a faggot for fucking up.

To keep the thread going; this game's writing might not be the best but it is still one of the funniest not-referencing-fucking-memes-around and an awesome turn-based system with geo effects.

Okay mom, I'll share my toys with the retarded kid.

I also responded to the choice of games and commended it.
Thing is though, his game is pretty well known so it's kind of off-topic.

Besides, if you're a newfag you're supposed to be lurking so shit like that doesn't happen.

Now if you want a real gem, play Xenonauts.

I will never stop shilling this series. If you see some user posting this game, it's probably me. This is probably one of the most under-the-radar amazingly crafted puzzle games ever made- every level is completely unique and interesting and has it's own way of solving it without getting too different as the central mechanics stay the same. Besides that, there is like a hundred levels in each game, all of them getting harder and harder and to top it off it has some amazing dialogue and is genuinely funny and the first game is under the GPL so all of you linuxfags and bsdfags out there get to play it too while the second one has a great level editor. Why these games never got popular on Holla Forums, I won't understand.

Shit the music was actually one of the parts I really liked about the game, I probably just needed to git gud

The DCS audience has a lot of money as they're older. The audience for Microsoft Flight Simulator back in the day would spend thousands.

My nigger. Bungie's only good work besides Halo PC

I always thought Oni on the PS2 was a pretty good game.

I played it yesterday after your reccomendation. It is bretty gud

Hit me with the best turn based tactics games. Played Silent Storm, OpenXCOM, X-COM: Apocalypse, Invisible Inc and Jagged Alliance.

Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis, Fallout Tactics, Advance Wars: Black Hole Rising or Days of Ruin.

on pc

Will check those out though. Already played FFT and Tactics Ogre.

Emulation means they are all PC, user. Also look up Rebelstar: Tactical Command for GBA. It was made by the same people who made the original X-COM games.

I think I'm one of the only people alive who actually likes the fmv aesthetic.

In my opinion art style couldn't possibly save any 3d psx/n64 game

Some russian guy ported vampire smile for PC, here's the link:

mega:///#F!UhtSTA5S!u9hAjGsOFetjRWPDjsmgmg

Jamezilla got buttblasted after seeing some piratefag porting something that his fans ask for a long time and after recognizing how a betacuck he is, he promised porting charlie murder and dishwasher to PC, but that was 3 years ago.

Also, Charlie Murder is a watered down of zombie smashers x2 which is also in the link.

Some anons and myself couldn't make unofficial port work, if you manage to play it you have a good luck

Fix'd.

Recommending Strike Suit Infinity. It's arcade space dogfighting(dont' be fooled by the cover, it's not a mecha game) with some pretty cool /mu/ by Paul Ruskay

Recommended Infinity instead of Zero because Zero has a garbage story and garbage missions while infinity is just arcade survive the next wave stuff.

You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. Great taste.

what an asshole, sperg

bump

Wow

Does anyone remember this game?

Of course. I still have it actually. Kind of fun but later levels can be a pain in the ass

Best Star Wars game I ever played but I never bothered with any KOTOR nor will I. Pretty much done with Star Wars.

What happened to that weird outer space game, outer limits or something like that. It had giant creatures and it was exploration based, Anyone know what i mean.

The one with the absurbly huge monsters that would pop out of fucking nowhere because of space fog and eat you with no way for you to retaliate?

that one, i found it. Its outer wilds, its on fig now and it got funded.

Look into expeditions conquistador.

It's a really good tactical RPG where you play as a band of conquistadors exploring latin america across two campaigns. It has a lot of choose your own adventure story esque elements as well.

Well, we now know it's never going to be finished, at least.

>You will never WOMPA STOMPA

wow, why are you niGGer contrarian hipster nu-male beta meme cuck loving faggots loving mediocre pixelshit like the cocksucking oil drilling autistic faggot homophobic virgins that all chantard aspies truly are

Recommending Orcs Must Die. Third Person Tower Defense where you get to take down thousands of WAAAAGHs with traps and spells. Great humor, great level designs, decently challenging, great weapons and traps. And cool music.

Haven't played the second but I think it's more co-op focused. The this one, Unchained is f2p, p2w moba garbage. Avoid at all costs.

8ch ate my video

Also I meant the third one, not sure why it came out as the this one