Emulation thread

lets talk about emulation cemu and citra have bright future in my eyes, i could say to the end of this year we should be able to play monhun like real human beans whish we are also wind waker got textures from wiiu version that you can play on dolphin : youtube.com/watch?v=6LbaIf8b4FU

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Hn8LK
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You should at least lurk for a few hours before dropping into shill your jewtube video.

NEVER EVER
E
V
E
R

E
V
E
R

Can you boot roms with citra without having to dump bullshit from a real 3DS yet?

Nobody cares.

more exclusives than the gamecube, and the best multiplats of the generation :^)

We're talking about good exclusives, user. Post N64 nintendo has no reason to exist.

Absolutely disgusting. Just pirate the game you dumb niggers, the console just got hacked.

is there an easy way to get 3ds games to work with citra?

Nobody owns a Wii U or would want one.

Xbox has about 60 great exclusives

JSRF, PDO and I can't even think of a top-tier third.

Every other good game either wasn't exclusive, or has received a current port.

Xbox has always been shit.

Let me think of them for you, my ignorant/dishonest friend.

Gunvalkyrie, ninja gaiden black, thousand land, metal wolf chaos, otogi 1 and 2, steel battalion, mech assault 1, mech assault 2 lone wolf, phantom dust.

I can go on.

Also on Dreamcast
Also on PS3
Japan only
Japan only
Shit game
Shit game
Yes I'm sure you actually owned that and the $200 controller
Only good games you've listed.
Shit game

So a bunch of JP only games, some non-exclusives, some shit games, and two good ones.

Not a very good average, friendo.

Please do.

Any new emulators on PSP, or is that long since abandoned?

Best GBA emulator for Wii?

Phantom Crash best.

DOES IT RUN MONSTER HUNTER YET?

kek

It's not a matter of sucking another company's dick or not. The Wii U is a massive disappointment compared to other Nintendo consoles, with jackshit worth playing on it.

You've been wrong about everything you said. At least you're consistent.

awful, awful taste.

user I can understand not liking modern sony, but ps1/2 era sony was top-tier.

Yes, and MGS2 and MGS2 subsistence are totally different games :^)

Theres a fork for Visual Boy Advance GX that has continued its progress as the official one stopped doing updates. Just google it.

Not totally, but different. NGB is the better game. You also think a game being Japan only is an issue. I think it's safe to say you're a retard.

Wrong again.

What I was saying was that the implication that if I dislike X I must like Y is really, really stupid. And also, Wii U sucks.

Come on billy, use your brain a little.

every time i see this controller i remember pic related

I'm really in no rush to play W101 and Bayo2, which are the only things that I'm interested on for a WiiU, Plus I'm sure emulator will be the better experience regarding resolution and framerate, so I'll just wait.

I can understand if it's for something like the Wii, PS3, or Xbox 360, but the Wii U has nothing of value besides collecting dust.

Which is why I said to flip it. Are you retarded?

even if you are retarded dont assume others are too

What are the differences between black and sigma?

kill yourself

- Intro FMV removed
- Enemies gush more blood
- Human beheadings removed
- Added a few more save points
- Added many more Muaramasa statues
- Added a couple enemies from higher difficulties
- New backflip and somersault animations
- Aquire Flying Swallow a few chapters earlier
- Aquire Lunar a few chapters later
- Murai severely nerfed
- Horseman boss redesigned
- New burning village area
- Doku intro FMV now real-time
- New scripted Doku battle
- New weapon: twin katana
- Black ninjas redesigned
- Ticket fetching removed
- New enemy: biker soldier
- Healing Xbox replaced with healing monolith
- 3 new chapters as Rachel
- A couple new cutscenes as Rachel
- New boss: Gamov
- Crazier boob physics
- New enemy: floating spirit ball
- New Alma music
- Army choppers now drop bombs
- Strongbow "puzzle" removed
- New boss: Dynamo rematch
- Tank and chopper bosses nerfed
- Underwater segment significantly shortened
- New enemy: merman
- New enemy: RPG turret
- Doku battle theme changed to emperor's theme
- Platform puzzle changed (switches removed)
- Ore puzzle changed (ores no longer necessary)
- Fire cavern tunnels removed
- Flame worm boss buffed (now two of them)
- Purple zombies redesigned
- Pyramid puzzle removed

there's more too. Sigma is generally regarded as worse despite some additions, they are poorly done. For some reason, every time they've done a Sigma game, it's turned out worse than the original.

Sigma has levels where you play as Rachel but they're shit
It also has an extra weapon, but I haven't used it enough to say if it's any good
In Black you use the consoles's pressure sensitive buttons to do moves differently. XY with the Dragon sword will slash an enemy upward, but if you press lightly you jump up as well. I've only played the Vita version of Sigma, but you have to time the press instead.
You fight Doku at the end of Chapter 2, instead of him just kicking your ass in a cutscene. Actually beating him unlocks something. Rachel has a similar boss fight, but I don't know if it's possible
The bow is now a secondary weapon, and you can shoot while jumping

Some of the changes are nice, but the game is a lot easier as a result. If you can't get an Xbox then Sigma is fine as an alternative, but Black is the better game.

how is the framerate on the vita?

he's not even trying, but thanks for blowing him out anyway.

Any xbros have the pelican gun for silent scope?

It still doesn't make sense to buy or waste time with it to begin with, especially when barely anyone out there wants a Wii U.

?
You're emulating it, so you want to play at least one game. Better buy and sell than waste 40 years waiting for the emulator to not be shit.

I think the only value the wii u will be, is doing native, accurate HD versions of GC and Wii games. It'll essentially be a three-generational machine once homebrew really comes rolling in. Honestly, I'd say get them once store's are trying to empty their stock. Nintendo is stopping production this year, and in 10, 20 years they could be worth something.

The Wii U library was pretty disappointing in the end. Still some great games tho.

ngb > ngs > ngs+
ng2 > ngs2 > ngs2+

vita ports are the worst, please do not be a jerker like the fags on vitagen who pad their library with downports and digital-only trash

Well, now I just know Holla Forumsirgins have no taste in vidya.

Blinx was the shit and the second one was an improvement in some areas, such as multiplayer, but the Bandito missions weren't quite as fun, though friends and siblings say otherwise.

It's decent. Would be much better on a big screen, but it works for NG on the go. Haven't played the second one on the Vita though, and I've heard the framerate tanks a bit more there.
Only get it if you can get it really cheap, or if there's no other way to play it.

you forgot the original ninja gaiden on xbox! Has some perks, such as being able to play 1-3, NG+. Just make sure you get the DLC files for it.

One of the best cutesy mascot platformers around. It's legitimately a tough game too. Great visuals as well. There's tons of fucking excellent games to play on the classic Xbox, and I think once an emulator comes around, like when PPSSPP first became viable, or Dolphin with Wii games, tons of people are going to be playing all kinds of games they heard so much about. I think having these discussions helps, and keeps people reminded for when the nforce sound emulation issues finally get sorted, and the emulators begin to improve in performance and accuracy.

I only never ever in these threads to raise discussion on it, plus its fun being inflammatory

Blinx gets a lot of hate

Holla Forums in a nutshell, thanks for the info on the original.

Back in 6th grade the lads and I rented an xbox from blackbuster and played DoA3 all night.

WHAT

Were you born like this, son? Do you do it for attention?

Why is Halo 2 on here but not Halo:CE?

Look at this super hardcore game user

its the god of war of hello kitty

well fuck me

PS2 specs are barely any better than Dreamcast.

Halo 2 was the best Halo Game in history and was the only one worth playing.

And yet it performed better and had more exclusives and the best controller

By the way, are PS3's and PS4's face buttons pressure sensitive as PS2's were? I remember being blown out by it when I discovered it, and mastering the aiming and shooting on MGS2 felt incredible.

The SixAxis/DS3 are. I don't know about the DS4.

The PS2 had the worst version of multiplats, the Gamecube had better versions and the Xbox had the beat versions. The amount of exclusives it got is irrelevant when youre talking about multiplats you chromosome hoarder.

PS3 controllers had even more pressure sensitive buttons, including the D-Pad and even select and start.

on PS4, the only sensitive buttons are the Triggers, which makes sense, since nobody uses them anyways, but I hope the new Gran Turismo comes with pressure sensitive controllers or something…

ah who am I kidding, I'll get a wheel anyways

youre thinking of X360 and PS3 mate

holy fug. Is there anything that uses them? Besides MGS2/3HD.

Well that's true, but still a shame.

A Wheel is a must, and also, isn't the new GT going to be PSVR compatible? Man we are really living in the future.

Gran Turismo 5/6. you can map gas/break to literally any button. thats how I found out

Both of the multiplats on xbox and xbox 360 were higher resolution and sometimes a higher framerate. Alot of original Xbox games could run in 480p there was even a decent amount that could run in 720 or even 1080. Both the Xbox and the Xbox360 had better harder then the competing generation consoles.

*hardware

PS2 was also all-analog, although I think Ace Combat 4 was the only game that actually used the analog dpad.

Gran Turismo also used it

now that I think about it, you're probably right

wew

Are you stupid? You didn't think this through did you?

1 Emulator negates the necessity of buying the hardware.

2 emulator allows for a future proof way to play games. Your handheld won't last forever.

3 but consoles will be backwards compatible in the future! Sure but Nintendo will somehow charge for it

The xbox was a fucking beast. You'd know if you had one.

It ran Morrowind in 2001.

Yeah all those games came out in the West. I had an xbox so I'm not talking out of my ass.

PSX with vertex caching(?)
it looks good

and for xbox
"more exclusives than the gamecube"
not when you compare the ones worth playing

Rustation/GL3 renderer for Beetle can't come soon enough.

Because nintendofags are the most autistic of the bunch and autism is a necessary prerequisite for emudeving.

Yup, he came to 8chins to harvest all 5 views it'll give him. Bumping just because you're such a massive faggot.

If you embed you can't post a pic, the video thumbnail doesn't really show shit that would let people know this is an emulator thread by just glancing at it from the catalog.
If this was halfchan and he was posting some youtuber that makes a living out of the views he gets on his channel, I'd shit on the OP too, but that's not the case.

Dropped on your head when you were little?

Nope, still worse than the GC and S-type.

You're a manchild that doesn't deserve to use this board.

The Xbox was the most powerful console of the gen. I was a PC gamer and I switched to console with the xbox. It had games like Morrowind, Breakdown and Jade Empire.

The reason why there is no emulator is because it wasn't the most popular console AND because the hardware is exotic. It used a custom nvidia GPU that nobody has the documents on.

GameCube is just powerPC from IBM and that is completely known.

user, no one does that. You either buy it on console (unless it has a port) or you pirate it.

Where did I say not to buy a WiiU? I own 2 OG Xboxs, but I still want an emulator for the inevitable day that they give up the ghost. I own a WiiU, too, but you can't deny that buying the games the first time around means you'd want to play them for as long as you own them. Emulation can extend that life, see altwfc for Wii games.

Sure, but why bother with emulation immidiately if your intention is to be able to play the games *years* from now?

You're retarded and need to go back to Reddit.

I want to play the original Armored Core games.
What emulator to use?
I want to be able to rebind my controls in the emulator like you can in PCSX2.

RetroArch has perfect PSX emulation. It's a little odd to set up, but runs pretty nicely.

MGS2 and MGS2 substance are different.

A bunch of effects are missing from cutscenes in substance, for example

There's probably more, but it was a long time ago. The best cutscene to see the difference would be when you see solidus on the bridge, just before fighting the harrier. There's also a difference between NA, EU and Japanese release. I heard the first NA version is best build. EU has extras but is similar to substance.

The HD version is even worse for this; the first person aim is shit compared to the SD versions is the most blatent flaw.

Obviously, the substance version was not supervised properly. Or they gimped it so it could run on Xbox easier, quicker.

Eternal ring (launch title on ps2) also had pressure sensitive DPAD movement

I'll use that then. Thank you very much user.

Yeah for a lot of guys the xbox was a substitute for a gaming pc.

Is Eternal Ring any good? Seen her at the shop for $10. Always getting it confused with Eternal Poison.

Oh, just the one's worth playing? There's about 60 give or take, 90 if you start considering console exclusives that usually rarely hit the gamecube, or if they did had crippled audio or missing features, and even then, looked and ran worse than their Xbox counter-parts. Other people in the thread have already pointed them out.

this unfortunately has not helped its reputation. Many people think back to it and figure they can just play the games on PC today. Well, sorry, but there's no Windows version of Crimson Skies, Phantom Dust, Raze's Hell, Mech Assault, etc.

This mostly just compounds the ignorance on what is honestly a great library of games.

There is a version of Crimson Skies for PC, but it's linear missions akin to Ace Combat rather than the free roaming Xbox game. I would also kill for a new Crimson Skies game but I guess I'll have to settle for Ace Combat 7.

The Xbox isn't emulated because the CPU is an x86.

You practically have to emulate a modern computer. It will be a while before computers are powerful enough to emulate the Xbox reliably.

Nah that's the "easy" part considering it's an off the shelf P3, they already leveraged QEMU and the CPU side runs faster than the graphics rendering right now, and the author itself said the emulator just needs manpower and time no special knowledge at this point.

What the fuck is the y axis supposed to be representing?

From what I understand, it being x86 is actually an advantage because most personal computers these days use x86 or amd64 (which is backwards compatible with x86), so instead of having to translate the opcodes for another architecture (say, ARM or PowerPC) to whatever architecture the emulator is for. Like I said, I'm no expert on assembly or hardware architecture, but I can wrap my head around the basics.

I enjoyed it

but it's pretty low budget and a launch title. so you'll want to overlook/embrace a few of it's flaws.

the gameplay is first person action rpg with a wierd tank controls+strafe. Takes time to get used to, but the levels are set up to give you learning time.

Consoles sold.

Hard to believe it now but Nintendo used to be huge.

Didn't check out citra. But cemu, I'm cautious with it's stance on open source.

archive.is/Hn8LK

A lot of the open source topics on cemu's reddit community has faggots defending or rationalizing it's closed sourcedness. Ideally, I'd like not to browse reddit for discussions on cemu, but 8ch doesn't really have the user count for it, does it?

I say that. I mean, if I had the choice, why wouldn't I? I haven't touched my actual play station 2 for years now thanks to PCSX2.

PCSX2 has really iffy compatibility. Even if a game used to work in an older version, it could be fucked in a newer version because the changes unfucked several other games. This is why I just use FreeHDBoot and run games from my PS2's hard drive.

Anyways, this is an emulation thread. What's the deepest you could go with emulators within emulators? The furthest I could think is Goomba in VBA GX in Dolphin in the Android emulator of your choice (and if you consider a VM an emulator, then have that in the VM in your choice, though I think VMs are kinda cheating).

So is PCSX shit? 'Cause I wanna get my Rayman 2 on.

Honestly, I still use ePSXe over PCSX. Downloaded 2.0.2 from the main site, and it just works out of the box and is decent enough. It's way easier to deal with than RetroArch, too.

Reminder that n64 emulation a shit.

Sure is.

It's hilarious that a Gamecube emulator emulating the Wii emulating the N64 is more accurate than Project64, Mupen64, CEN64, and any other garbage project that exists (CEN64 is not explicitly garbage, but not really a real thing for the next couple of years anyway).

Dolphin isn't a Gamecube emulator emulating the Wii fam, they both have identical architectures, you just wanted to imply there's another step involved so-to-speak as to exaggerate the inaccuracies of N64 emulators

What's it like living with autism?

It's shit. Use Mednafen.

It's a pretty solid game. I played it on my softmodded PS2. Games like that are a much better way to get girls into games than bullshit like Gone Home and Depression Quest. It's light-hearted, colorful, fun, has some interesting levels, and it's got yo' boy Keroppi, who is an absolutely shit companion in the game. It's pretty short, though. You could beat it in three hours.

It's kind of a beta for King's Field IV. It has a much more robust magic system than any King's Field game, but is extremely limited in weapon selection. All weapons are thrusting swords of some sort. The music is pretty okay, but very repetitive. The voice acting is absolutely atrocious. One of the major characters is voiced by a child, and it's grating. If you backtrack in the game, it's possible to prevent yourself from progressing in one very specific instance. I fucked that up once. Restarted the game years later.

It's, uh, okay. I really love King's Field and Shadow Tower, so Eternal Ring was a must play for me. I swear I've seen that game for $2 before.

Next thing you'll say is, "but muh unscaled accuracy!" "plugins are so hard, it just works!"

No love for XEBRA? That's my go to for PS1.

There's no reason to use Xebra when Mednafen's PS1 emulator exists, especially if you're using it through Retroarch.

Trust me, I used to champion Xebra for years, but Mednafen's PS1 core destroys it these days.

Enjoy playing Bushido Blade at extra fucked resolutions and half speed.

Well, I hear dolphin is capable of using emulators you can put on Wii.

Best (in terms of accuracy) emulator we've got right now is the one built into the Virtual Console through Dolphin and even that's not perfect. I sincerely doubt we'll ever get a 1:1 N64 emulator unless Nintendo decides the N64 VC emulator could use some improvement, which isn't likely since it already works for most everything tossed at it.

At least you're not dealing with PJ64's plugins.

But that's wrong user.

…
The psp emulator is crazy good and works on literally everything.

He said emulators ON psp, not the psp emulator

Epsxe +quickplay = god-tier convenience psx emulating

Don't listen to the accuracy nerds, this is unparalleled comfy.

I see i see

The fuck? I downloaded from the DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) part of Microsoft's site, but this message still shows up when I try to run some emulators. Any place where they should specifically be stored & extracted like in the System32 folder? Or is there something else I'm missing?

sysWOW64 too if your OS is x64.

Alright, it worked. Thanks.

??????????????

I've heard that GunValkyrie started life on DC as a pad + lightgun game. He's wrong for implying it was ever officially released on DC though. I'm almost grateful towards that clown for giving us a good ol fashioned dog pile.

tits