ITT: Worst character redesigns

Pic related as a mild, yet still notable example.

What the fuck are you talking about

What's wrong OP, you metroidbabby?

I know it's just a palette swap but still.

wrong site buddy

I think you're on the wrong site

But it's a generic pony tail.

How many other vidya girls have it?
The only similar that comes to mind is the Necrodancer, and that's barely close

That's not even fit, cmon

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

It's probably assautist, again.

there are just 2 blonde chinese girls. its the same shit.

pretty hard to have a topic and stay on it when Nintendo shill slide any thread that dares to not love every single thing their glorious employers do.

Please kill yourself, you retarded shitposting kike.

Zero Shit made me hate bodysuits forever and fucking despise ponytails even more.

Fuck them.

Watch Evangelion so you can fall in love with them again.

What's with the influx of console war autism lately?

Dont do drugs kids.

I'll only enjoy Asuka's scenes.

welp, time to pack it up, I've been found

What in baby jesus' name are you talking about

Also all of these have clearly different styles than Zero Suit Samus, there's no way anybody would confuse them

Is this site still broken?

Heres pic.

pic related

I clearly said RE5 Jill Valentine, dumbass.

And there are more Tomb Raider games then the shitty reboots, you retard.

How can a man contain this much shit taste?

I'll keep this thread on track since you all want to argue over baby's first waifu.

Which is pointless, considering the zero suit is way more recognizable than a generic swimsuit two piece.

Easy: I'm not underaged

The face looks literally the same. It's just a different hair and outfit.

THIS

Nothing makes me more upset than the Tomb Raider re-design

NOTHING

Character's aren't allowed to be sexy anymore
Just look at the new movie coming out

Lara was never sexy to begin with, user.

She got me rock hard

Now she just annoys the fuck out of me and my dick

I hate the whole
crowd when it comes to the original

So what you're saying is that you're not attracted to women?

They're the most generic shit that leaves nothing to the imagination and are only good for a clothing destruction fetish unless there's just a few dick sized holes ripped.

They'e shit.

That and they're always drawn wrong with titsocks or conforming to every fucking crevice of the body. It's a body suit, not body paint.

Still depressing. I will never understand why people prefer her more boring and generic new look.

OP you didn't have to change your IP

Because Smash Bros., user.

OP didn't change his IP, Nintendo did.

I didn't. I'm still here.

Because faggots with shit taste.

Welcome to my world of neverending contempt for my "fellow man".

Might want to go take a ride off a bridge with that other user

Old Lara looked like Ozzie Osborne, the new one actually looks like a QT

This

Dude, you're gay

Why do Sonyggers have to come into every thread and declare everybody a Nintendo shill no matter what people are actually saying?

Which are shit.

Because everything has gone to shit, but at least Nintendo has some glorious golden days in its past. Sonyfags have always relied on third parties to provide anything decent and they can't even fill a decent roster for a "First Party Franchise" game.

It honestly looks a lot better in-game and in my opinion is better than 3's design.

He hasn't praised Bloodborne or shit on Dark Souls, so I don't think he's a sonygger.

I still refuse to play as ZSS, and if I have to for any reason, I only used the fusion outfit.

At least there's no ambiguity anymore as to why he keeps hanging around Adol.

You're right! Why can't these female characters have more realistic clothing? Why must everything be so sexually objectified? Just so these non privilege checkers can appease heterosexual men??? It's so gross! Gaming needs to grow up.

Are you talking shit about Cutie Honey?

Them: I want clothes to look decent on characters
You: Y-You must be a SJW!

The issue here isn't sexual characters but shit clothes design on characters.

Good job, OP.

Both images look fine

Second one's pretty shit, user.

Nah, both pics are pretty good.

Come on man.

I wish they still used the purple leotard leotards are cute

Can't believe this is gone forever. I completely fucking hate Zero Shit.

Justin Bailey best samus.

One's better than the other, user.

Quit playing the middleground, like a goddamned pansy.

Back to Reddit, shitbag.

Guess. That game was an atrocity in that department.

GET OUT MY MIND!!!!!11!

I didn't say anything about hating bodysuits, retard. It was merely how they're done in video games that is the problem. If my problem was sexual characters then why would I be here and not someplace like Neogaf. Boobsocks look fuck ugly and shows that the devs did fuck all research on what they're designing.

Get the fuck out of here, retard.

anyway the ralf and clark designs in KOF 12-13 were fucking horrible

This buzzword needs to die. It's thrown around so casually now it's as generic a word as cuck now is.

Whoops meant for

that you instantly recognize as samus because of the bangs and red hair tie.
the pic on the left i might not even immediately assume is samus

But her body is totally covered up. in a body suit. It's not like the first Samus was so muscular that it would bulge out of her clothes.

fuck off smashretards

Nothing can top these but I've got a good question…

HOW DO YOU GO FROM THIS…

TO FUCKING YU-GI-OH?

>>>Holla Forums

That was just depressing. And I'm pretty sure yu-gi-oh looks better than that trash.

You better not be hating on Charlotte. She is best witch. BEST.

Came to post this

They even fucked up Alucard

rename this thread to

Ehh… that would only be bad if it was meant to be a redesign. FFXII doesn't even have float eyes or their equivalent sadly. I actually rather like XII's rendition of ghosts.

Honestly, I've never ever had any problems with Castlevania designs.

Except for most of judgements stuff, though some of the bad stuff did have creative pointers, and I still prefer it's trevor over the fucking CO mone who isn't battle-scarred worth for shit.

I'm fairly ambivalent to most of the Castlevania redesigns since I prefer Classicvania style anyway.

Most…

Oh Maria, what did they do to you?

Judgement was done by the Death note artist who didn't have much of a fucking clue.

He literlaly didn't get that Death was supposed to be representative of the concept as an entity and thought it was a death god and turned it into a spindelyl chandelier thing.

The worst of his designs ammounted to straight up paste jobs of Death note characters.

Dracula sort of had a " In Russia White is black" thing going on seeing as it was an occassion for him being at full power and he always wears those same styled robes ever since SOTN (Except for the Dracula X redesigns of rondo of blood) which was decent as he kept his post-SOTN face with the only negatives being the tightness of his gold robes, which had a nice touch of mockign that one image of jesus christ with the heart of fire. (Another concept that is actually used as a part of CV design scheme, music and partial lore).

Cornell and Shanoa are probably the least flawed of the redesigns though, Grant might have been decent if he used knives, and the bandages are a nice touch as they implied he didn't exactly get away from what Dracula did to him all too well, but his arms and jester-like stature ruin it in practice.

Alucard is all around "meh".

Maria or whatever Trevor's bitch is the most original, though I sense somke Queen's blade shit in there and out of touch clothing given her status within the church as an agent, even though she placed ingame pre-diusguised.

Carmillia is at least more accurate of her novel self, though I would have preferred it if she wore some more robes (Not hijab, bu maybe somethign like a loincloth or veil around her legs, to at least make her appearance more closer to a vampire bride, and for her special attack to use her signature skull mask motif based on her novel usage of it in balls, or hell, her dyke sub-squeeze assiting her.

Final boss was utterly dissapointing, it was literally Death's second form from COD recoloured, fuck fuck's sakes, can we please get a CV where Galanoth's whole "Fuck you Dracula" stichk is given more of a nudge.

However nothing will suck more than the new CV, which literally did everyhting the first one did wrong, + Westernized storytelling, settings and visuals that resemble the works of 40k and that one vampire series where evil people die and in the afterlife become ranks of undead + had a sequel that ended up becoming about as dissapointing as anythign ever because I literally thought it was going to be "Dracula and Death Superstar adventure" where shit operates like portrait of ruin, AOS and DOS but with expandable soul slots as you went around europe with Dracula and death in Co-Op play to stop Satan usherign in his plan with the antichrist.

Seriously CV dracula is like if you took Hellsings Alucard and turned him into a walking death production factory, and he can't fight because he's a strategist crusader who never got much action on the field, despite all his claims on mastering things like Alchemy and other forms of magical schools.

Or right
Granted Hormony of dissonance cleared up the poorly translated story for us and Dracula's odd apeerance (Basically, the curse he put on Simon sapped his lifeforce to prevent D from going to the void, so when it killed simon he had a way back in, so you have to resurrect him as a wraith using his remains to cut the spell off and he had his servants distribute the pieces across europe for simon to find.

It'd be a good game too, given that you'd actually get weaker as the game progressed if you took to long, or just as a game mechanic for ramping up difficulty as a handicap.

Be even sweeter if Simon's theme played as you whipped the fucker off to his little space of Purgatory just for him

Like seriously, can we, before fightign Dracula access the LOWER spaces of his keep, where he keeps the vampire brides, those two sweet ass Succubi girls, Elizabeth Bathrory, and Carmillia and her dyke squeeze?

All next to a fine arrangement of trained soldier Vampire meidos, and the occasional captive you're too late to rescue, with lilliths, and succubi to boot.

Also, funny thing, I played some CV Chronicles a few years ago and notice the fucking stage that played Bloody tears had a Statue of mary doind the exact same thing, which gave me a hearty chuckle, they do things liek this often if you pay attention.

it was a fucking boss fight and they weren't willing to make a new model for it. that whole game just smells unfinished.

No because Cutie Honey's was actually good, you dumb shit

You're trying way too hard

We are in a dark new age where the new usebase of vidya has forgotten the past.

I remember having a ton of fun fucking around in Lara's mansion and then trying to do a mission and failing miserably before giving up.
I think I just wound up cheating from level to level playing like, half of them trying to figure out what the fuck to do.
I don't think I properly enjoyed it as a child.

The best was TR2 when they fleshed out the manor to be a tutorial and a place where you can just fuck around in. Not to mention the butler in general was just a fun addition.

I think that was the game I was talking about.
Was there a t-rex in the jungle in the first level?

>>>/svidya/

That's the first one. It did have a manor but it was a lot smaller than TR2. I think the worst part of being a classic TR fan is that they were on the right track when they made anniversary and Underworld but decided to take a giant piss on the series when they decided they need a stronk female protagonist for a reboot that no one asked for.

>tfw being a Silent hill, Tomb Raider, Megaman, and whose line is it anyways fan

Fuck off, retard.

what tangled webs we weave

But it's a good and entertaining game and that's what truly matters.

No shit you wouldnt know it, the design didnt progress any further. Dumbass.

It BECAME recognizable, but it isn't any more or less recognizable than the original

And yet it was better than order of ecclesia in every way but artstyle.

Hard not to agree

He's Italian/Jewish. So gesticulates a lot while complaining about the humidity of Transylvania.

**I like both the Maria's and dracula's redesign"

So close, and don't get me started on that eye-gap.

I guess Metzen or whoever the hell was in charge of that decision just conveniently forgot that Ogrim's armor is just as important as his hammer.

Justin Baily is the best Samus. Zero Slut is a generic Aryan with a ponytail while Justin Bailey is an immediately recognizable design that stands out from the crowd of shit waifu designs.

what?

I guess I should not be surprised since it's a nintendo thread. Most modern nintendo "fans" don't seem to give a shit about anything before the wii unless some ecleb talks about it.

Stand back, best samus coming through.

If you have any more examples of what WoW did to the warcraft lore, I'd be interested to see them. I loved warcraft 2 and enjoyed 3, but blizzard's mmo was an enormous detriment to both the franchise and the genre.

Thanks Tingole, you fucking yid.

I wouldn't even know where to begin. databases for Blizzard stuff is maintained by shills who don't dare criticize anything, and good luck sorting through all that shit chronologically.

always chafed my autism, that wolf put in a lot of miles for green jesus

would you believe me if I told you the newest book is actually much more stupid than that?

Honey, you don't keep those curves by doing nothing

After nintendo has gone full retard nothing surprises me anymore.

Have some Crash. Tiny in particular got the shit end of the stick, being changed from a tasmanian tiger/thylacine to a standard asian tiger.

If memory serves, wasn't the artstyle change done to try to get the games to sell better in Japan, or something, or because it was cheaper to do that way? Granted, I don't think Dawn of Sorrow was a good place to do that; unlike Portrait of Ruin is with Bloodlines, it's a direct sequel to its predecessor.

Judgment redesigns are still probably the worst the series has had.

Judgment Death looks like he could be Dracula's Persona.

no better than S'nP cucks crying why Star Fox doesn't play like the shitty Treasure game only a few people bought

lemme guess, you're also obsessed with the amputated feet theory from the SF comic too?

I'm a bodysuit kind of guy, though I prefer her in the first pic. Wouldn't mind if they go with her normal power suit more often, either.