Are there games similar to Warframe, but single player?

Are there games similar to Warframe, but single player?
I want to be a cyberninja walljumping all over the place and shoot and slash hordes of enemies into bloody pieces without slowing donw but I don't want to deal with f2p grind walls.

warframe
what? Paying saves you a few hours or "days of waiting" if you're autistic

Maybe my wording is incorrect, let's see.

In single player games you acquire gear and weapons along the way, normally progressing through the story.

In free to play games, you need to get out of your way to repeat the same missions several times to get items you want.
Not to mention there is barely any story in WF, that one quest about space kids can be finished in a few hours, and all other story quests are just bundles of regular missions with unique voice overs.

Something like that.

eh there's nothing really similar to it at all. The movement in warframe is pretty unique and you'd have a hard time finding it elsewhere. As for everything else you want I doubt you'd have a hard time finding that

you know what he means you shit

Is it too much that I just want an addicting game that isn't a muhmo that's doomed to die soon and/or doesn't have kikey paywalls?

at least we still have tf2 r-right guys

I'm still waiting for one of these that both looks good and offers compelling single play.

Don't like the aesthetic? What's that supposed to mean in this instance?

Sad to say you're shit out of luck. Single player TPSs are plagued with godawful cover shooting and sluggish gameplay pace. I can recommend a few games but none of them play like Warframe.

How is grinding for a material that drops very rarely, grinding for four blueprints(said blueprints are most likely in towers or some shit and hidden behind shit drops like forma) and then waiting a combined total of three and a half days(72 hours for a frame, 12 hours each for a part, luckily you can construct them all at once(besides the frame itself because it requires all three parts) if you manage to get all the parts)) saving you a few hours?

THE CHARACTERS ARE UGLY

OP sounds like a casual, a retard, or a little kid

fuck off

Well, that's kind of what OP has a history of doing.

Just to clarify
was meant for you, e1bc4a, not the other dude

welp, i can't wait around for replies all day
sorry to leave you hanging, aestheticfag
both of you niggers should play teeftu tho
just steer clear of tf2c until you're good at the game

What's so hard to grasp? If I don't like how the thing looks, how am I expected to keep looking at it for prolonged periods of time?

Yes gameplay is the king, but if I'm forced to overcome my disgust to enjoy it, just how much of an enjoyment will I get out of it?
You can argue that this is casual mentality, but I welcome challenges inside of the game, not outside of it.

And it's such a pity Warframe isn't a single player game, because the premise (sans the retarded plot retcons they've been introducing) is interesting, the character design is unique (though the weapons should all be more blocky and realistic to contrast with the organic suits) and the gameplay could be solid with a few tweaks if it wasn't an MMO reliant on bulletsponge enemies.

EYE

Vanuqish sounds exactly what you are looking for.

you fags play this trash but dont know about when this dev made actual games? wtf

I played, and no it's not like WF in any way, shape or form.
Great game though.

I'll look into it, but I get the feeling that it's not on PC.

Dark Sector is nothing like WF too, it's cover-based shooter, and a bad one at that.

Because Dark Sector is only similar in aesthetics, and a small part at that (like the endgame armor), nothing else does it have in common with Warframe

i dont know man i think it's exactly what OP wants

Dark Sector is barely good and it's barely anything like Warframe. Yeah sure it was supposed to be warframe back in concept but we're not getting Splinter Cell Space Edition.

More like space crusaders cleansing xeno filth.
It's pretty fast compared to a lot of shooters and have melee weapons in them, but it's really different.

wait are you telling me battleborn gameplay is good? for real? or are you a shill?

No, I have no idea if it's good or bad.
I'm telling EVEN if it's good I won't be able to properly enjoy it.

MFW these fags don't know Digital Extremes who make Warframe also made Dark Sektor and the Tenno in Warframe are named after the main character in Dark Sektor and the Glaive weapon in Warframe is also from Dark Sektor and OMG might not be the exact same gameplay but FFS.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting mate.

Anyway there was prototype video somewhere on youtube, which looked more like modern warframe but with much stealthier combat.
I can't into webms, so look it up yourself if you care.

You dipshit we already know this. It just never happened and will most likely never happen.

If you are okay with a relative lack of shooting and wall jumping, then you have MGR for that.

Wew, I haven't seen this bug in a while.

there's nelo, it's a tps that focuses specifically on running around and shooting/killing hordes of enemies.

it's still in its early stages with a few playable demos the last I've checked, enemies seem to not be too diverse yet and is still kind of a twin stick shooter with the abillity to play in third person at its core.

hoping they really roll with the verticality that a game like this would demand.

not shilling, don't have a webm so I cant post video, it's on youtube if you want to look.

If you want one in 2d you can play megaman zero

cover based? unless you are consolekid scrub you never use that shit on PC

This looks good. Will keep it in mind.

That's pretty accurate. Too bad I 100% all zero and ZX games years ago.

That looks nice

Real shame about Warframe, that game actually was supposed be a proper singleplayer title back when it was called Dark Sector, but then it got turned into a generic TPS with a shitty arm gimmick due to publisher pressure. Sadly enough if DE didn't reboot the project as a F2P title, I don't think it would've ever seen the light of day.

It's still possible to make online game with strong single player component - see monhun or pso.
It's just DE are hacks.

isn't there some kind of modification for Warframe that makes it not grindy.? like some kind of private server or signle player crack.
That would be cool if someone did it.

MonHun and PSO are/were both actual full price retail titles.
Unless you're talking MHFrontier Online and PSO2, in which the former has straight up content paywalls, and ridiculously low droprates and bullshit monster special attacks that exist purely to wreck your shit and waste your time. And the latter's endgame is farming for high rarity equipment, and god forbid you fuck your build up / you want to respec so you want to play another class.

Not that Warframe is actually better in those aspects, what with Tower drop tables being stupidly biased, Neurodes being rarer than Astatine IRL, and craft times of upwards of half a fucking week, and we ain't even getting into Clan R&D.

10o, have you been gone that long? I have more neurodes than I know what to fucking do with on account of the moon missions and pic related shitting them out.

They're basically control modules 2.0 now.

Neurodes drop like candy from the moon and the Sentients now, 10o

HOTWHEELS

bump

are you guys talking about this?

I feel sad that a lot of the early pieces of design in this and warframe are just going to waste.

I felt warframe was on to something too, gameplay wise, the aesthetic then wasn't shabby either.

did the devs ever have potential to make a good game? or was it all just a fluke?

Yeah.
Early Warframe was kinda like that - stealth was viable as all frames were pretty squishy and even a couple of regular enemies could fuck you up, if you're not careful.

Now they went full power rangers, which I can't say I hate, but it's more of a musou game rather than ninja game now.

Also I fucking miss old UI, new one is boring shit.

Anyone notice that the Corpus are religion obsessed with wealth and their weakness is gas damage?

BEAT THAT!

bump

warframe and planetside are different games? I gues I should play them. Are they both worth playing?

Warframe is a game that hits notes perfectly for people who want flippan, slashan, shootan and grindan (and grindan, and grindan) against large numbers of unintelligent enemies in a PvE scenario.

The game itself doesn't radically change from beginning the game to endgame, you just do things faster, more efficiently, and to more people at once.

If you like it, you like it.

What's the plotline?

Basically you play as a mysterious space ninja, that turns out to be sorta mini-evangelion remotely piloted by a child affect by some interdimentional force, turning you into a crippled demigod.
Kid can't function without frame and frame can't function without a kid, but kid can swap frames at will, if he have them.

I personally like it a lot, but a lot of people seem to hate it for some reason.

Doesn't really jive with the rest of the game. The quest was alright (except for that cringey namedrop,) but the operators themselves are basically nothing like what we were given from previous, incredibly sparse bits of lore (because you have to YANK it out of the game.)

People were expecting beings of pure energy inhabiting the frames, some kind of horrific degenerated human (freaks, slime people, etc) only being kept alive by the life support of the frames, etc.

Instead we got the tweeno and the unfortunate necessity of actually seeing them when we hit 5 to get that maxed Zenurik Overflow.

It's not TOO bad, given that you can turn off the horrible pop-up boxes with the operator's head and voice through sound settings, but in a setting as generally bleak and overall fucked as the Warframe universe, they're really out of place.

Yeah I expected them to be more broken, like not having parts of their bodies, gruesome shit like that, but not beings of pure energy.

I have a feeling despite maintaining 18+ rating game became somewhat more safe for work compared to my initial impression.

Metal Gear Rising is the game for you, OP
And its a damn good game, too.