Was the protestant reformation a victory against the religious supremacy of Europe...

Was the protestant reformation a victory against the religious supremacy of Europe? Considering that it challenged the Catholic hegemony of the Vatican, and the Spanish Empire, and set the course for the pursuit of intellectual freedom via decentralized church's?

Luther was a faggot who hated the peasantry.

i like some things luther did and said, but in the end it was the opposite of what europe needed. a reformed church for unity is better than thousands of new ones with none. he failed.

kek where's the originality

Ye but capitalism > monarchism

Dialectics son

This disunity is also what led to the separation between church and state, as well as the dissolution of monarch's around the world. I don't know how you can claim a unified church would be a good thing since we already experienced the supremacy of the catholic church: the dark ages.

Are you going to post the chart?

Philosophical development was pretty shitty under the catholic church.

i said reformed. a church should not be in total control of everything.

without monasteries europe wouldnt even be here right now, they'd be a bunch of illiterate raider niggers and it would have been taken over by the caliphate(s). your waifu q'arl marx wouldn't fucking exist and neither would you.

Marx was born in Lutheran Germany, and I don't know how you're drawing this retarded fucking conclusion. The Protestant reformation signaled the end of the necessity of an organized church, that was brought about by advancements in material conditions via colonialism, and the internal contradictions of the church itself.

I don't understand what you're saying, colonialism is good, or it's good that Protestants did it?

After the fall of the Roman Empire European civilization fucking collapsed and was pieced back together by the Church.

I'm saying that colonialism increased the material conditions of the nations in Europe which led to their independence from the church, the next logical conclusion would be to sever as much power from the church as possible, via decentralized churches.

and then rigidly maintained an outdated and oppressive social order for the next thousand years :^)

What about humanism? I consider it a step towards development.

Oh piss off. The church took in orphans, fed the poor, mediated disputes, created the foundations for the legal system, built schools, codified and increased the legal rights of women and children, created a legal system that improved diplomacy throughout Europe, and provided fucking medicine. The Middle Ages weren't Warhammer.

And what of the needless wars its started, massive collection and hoarding of wealth, indulgences, abuse of power, papist authority (read: cancer), and all the slave labor it used to erect massive and useless church's. The middle ages weren't Lord of the Rings.

it can be a justification, sure, but there are no shortages of wars when it comes to secular matters, so not an argument. i agree with you about the corruption and greed, though.
also

what the fuck kind of comparison are you trying to make to his post?

No, it was the beginning of the end. Postmodern theology is the only good thing to come out of protestantism, and that comes down to the dank knight of faith. Protestantism is just reactionary to a few problems of the church itself, but faith without works is dead. Protestants are wishy washy liberals.

See: works of love.
See: distributism

Sure there can be justification, but the crusades themselves were literally started over religious reasons, and the church's gluttony over more territory. I haven't even begun in how the church treated Jews either, or how they ostracized them.

Crusades were political and religious, the Islamic states were invading Iberia and Eastern Europe. There was plenty of religious reasons, of course, those are well known, though it was mainly political, same for the territory/greed. Jews and the treatment of them are always a mixed bag. There's been valid reasons for treating them like shit, and other times no reason at all. So no comment on that, as everyone's done it at one point or another, even China.

If you mean the Crusades, then there are a lot more factors that went into those wars then just the will of the church. The Crusades were a complex mix of internal pressures, protoimperialism, religious fanaticism and perceived self-defense, intermingled with the usual rhythms of trade and war between cultures.

There's no doubt that there was a lot of hoarding and corruption within the Church during this period, but to a degree for one to warrant the name of the period as "The Dark Ages?" Come on.

What the fuck? You do realize that the Church employed (yes, employed) legitimate builders and architects in the construction of their churches?

I don't know where you pulled that analogy from, considering that religion doesn't really play a role in the story. On the contrary, Warhammer 40K is a perfect example of how an uninformed modern person sees the Middle Ages.

We're referring to post-dark ages up to just before Luther got assmad.
Yeah I'm sure those bricklayers, carpenters, and other unskilled slaves were adequately compensated.
Comes from people trying to paint the church as some vestige of culture, harmony, peace and progress.

Pls no

But that's exactly why we like them.

shit I want some christables

the only good catholic is a dead one.

Did you know that the occidental work ethos - that has been fetishized by left even more - originally stems from the unique European monastery system? Without "Ora et labora" no value theory of labor.

The Crusades are more complex than that. On the European continent, it ended more wars than it started.

Art and culture is useless?

You mean protecting them from violence when there was a mob after them? The church also protected women when they were persecuted by witch hunts. Did you know that sometimes criminals tried to make up some spiritual bullshit just so they could see an inquisition court instead of a secular court?

Replaced one with opiate with another.

The protestant reformation was fundamentalist, they were basically the Wahabi's of Europe.

Catholics are such anti-semites.