Valve's making an RPG apparently

Valve's making an RPG apparently.
How shit is it going to be? How many microtransactions will it have? How long until the cancer finally reaps me away from this cold silent movie I ended up calling my life?

steamdb.info/app/327620/subs/

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/jp8GY
archive.is/SGya3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Some leaks indicate that Half Life 3 is going to be an Open World RPG.

Hopefully Valve is just fucking the community over.

Years ago there was an interview where people at Valve, including Gabe IIRC, were talking about an RPG they were making that used mouse input gestures to cast spells, but they stopped developing it because it was shit.

And more recently there was talk of having people who know sign language at Valve to help them with something supposedly VR related.

Combine the two, and consider the Vive, and maybe that gesture based RPG idea is being revived?

haha yea.

would play

I'm expecting them at the PC show at E3

I hope they start making games again…

But, I think its more logical and inline with current Valve that they're simply going to create a "Source: Game Maker" run on Source 2. So other people can make games and Valve sit back and take a cut of their profits.

Oh fuck, HL3 is going to be an fucking RPG.
I know Valve lost it years ago, but this just proves it.

It will be the new Skyrim, a new generation of faggots hailong it as the second come of vidya and every journo and your mom will talk about it

How can Gay Ben be so fat with so much money?
He has the cash to eat quality meals every day and get membership at any gym, he could play any sport, instead he just sits around "managing" his company as they rake in shekels endlessly for doing nothing.

no matter what kind of game HL3 will be, one thing is certain and that is the fact that I am going to pirate it.

the Gay Ben thing is just a funny meme, he's not actually a homosexual.

Thanks

Fine, he could easily afford his own equipment, he wouldn't need to even be around other homosexuals.

care to mention the name of Steam skin you're using, OP?

Valve still makes games?

It could just be that they're developing several games using the engine to show the possibilities beyond

What if Valve teamed up with Bethesda to bring the full open world sandbox rpg paid mods experience to half life 3?

Has valve done anything with source 2 yet? I recall seeing some shit for it like half a year ago.

Head-wear will be the most important piece of armor.

Stop giving a shit about HL3.
Valve evidently do not.

I think people only pretend to care about hl3 at this point.
Right?

I only give a shit when I see these threads.
Or maybe they just remind me of when I used to give a shit.
Is there even a difference? Who knows?

This. They make good games despite starting cancerous trends.

user, there is a very thin line between pretending and actually caring.
The moment valve actually shit out something, people will be caring and the front page will be flooded with shit threads, like before with overwatch.

Name a good standalone game that valve have released for the past 10 years, that wasn't a rehash of older games, but made worse over time.

So what will be different?

Portal?

Thread isn't about HL3, it's about an unannounced RPG.

Stop talking about HL3 user

I care

Jesus christ, it's almost 10 years old.

No you don't.

user, Portal came out 15 years ago

I think DOTA2 is Source 2

Yes I do

15 years ago was 3 years ago. In dog years.

I used to tell myself in 2011 that if Episode 3 wouldn't get announced at E3, it'd be dead.
Then I told myself that again in 2012.
Then I told myself that again in 2013.
Then I told myself that again in 2014.
At some moment, I stopped caring.

Pic related, it's the Alien Swarm kid now
feel old yet?

good point

implying

Hopefully it's a spin off for Dota 2, hate the game as much as you want it's characters and world are really tight and a game that delves into the lore of a character like Juggernaut or Axe would be great.

you're jesting but axe actually has a pretty cool lore that would work great for an action RPG

How am I jesting, it's better than most games where this is an important factor of the game.

faget

drone

Not if it's a freeware mmo with microtransactions.

what the fuck

stop taking the bait

People see a puzzle game and immediately think its for general audiences

I knew this one guy back in high school that only played Portal because his parents thought it was educational, and he thought the game really ended when the fire incinerates you and you die in the pit

Oh all the times I've heard this story
pisses me off every time

All video games are for kids, user.

what have you done user

They find good mods and polish them up enough to sell them.
The only game they ever made on their own is Half-Life1 and 2.

FTFY

yeah no shit they are, Valve makes a ton of things internally that they don't talk about. It's just that most things end up getting scrapped during development.

They operate by letting their employees doing whatever they want in groups that they form, and there's a ton of groups doing random shit at any given time. It's only when a group comes up with something that everyone else wants to work on that you get an actual game.

Yeah but Valve has been trying to make an RPG since like 1997.

The last of their newest project was a ton of concept art for a space-pirate-themed RPG with HL2 style man/machine fusion.

This was like, 3 years ago, maybe 4, right before they started for the Vive.

If it is that project and it's not dead, then I'm pretty excited.

As long as it's single player

Sounds pretty bad.

Valve isn't particularly interested in that unless they can come up with a new way to monetize it

Hey you never know.

The Lab is single player

It's set in the Dota2 universe.

Almost surely will have hats as equipment. You'll be able to get the items by farming (except you won't because you'll need 100 hours of farm to get the equivalent of 1 paid chest) but also buy it.

>its a Multiplayer Team-Based FPS between Humans vs Combines using Source 1

Probably this.

that might not be that bad assuming i have to shove a joystick up my ass and wiggle for movement

Get out of here Freeman!

I was never attached to the half-life franchise. First one was really good, second one was good, the expansion to the second was alright, and the last expansion to that was better than vanilla but not as good as the first.

It's going to be that fairy RPG they cancelled in favor of left 4 dead

Toppest kek.

Only if by surprise, theres nothing on the list that even points to Valve and we're less than a month away.

Forgot the list
archive.is/jp8GY

They have their own stage and conference now, so there should be at least some surprises.

>We live in a reality where this is probable

Reminder Valve had an open world spaceship game in the works before all their multiplayer games shot off in popularity and started making them billions ontop of their steam store royalties (they get like 25 - 30% of all 3rd party transactions on Steam)

Reminder Gaben said in an interview that singleplayer games like Half-Life and Portal weren't in Valve's business plan anymore because multiplayer games and microtransactions have been so successful for them.

archive.is/SGya3

I don't think so. You can take a fat shit on valve for a million reasons but one thing you can't refute is they know how to make money and that certainly will not make money.

It'll probably be Far Cry 3/Homefront The Revolution tier.

At this point I'm not even hyped though, because they took way too long to even release a follow up to a cliffhanger after nearly 10-12 years.

Sounds like a perfect mix to me if done right.

Arx Fatalis 2?