Canceled series that got an ending

With the Hey Arnold movie actually coming out and wrapping up the series, let's talk about all the canceled comics & cartoons that wound up getting an ending. Anything that at least had people in charge say how it was supposed to end is worth noting as well.

Pirates of Dark Water is one of the most infamous examples. Cartoon Network apparently even did a promo with a joke that they recorded over the ending with home video. Despite how well known the lack of ending is, surprisingly few know that the video games (The Genesis and SNES games are entirely different) are actually pretty good and the Genesis game has an actual ending for the series (the SNES one just ends on a non-ending).

Power Pack Holiday Special was released a while after Power Pack was canceled because a new creative team ran it into the ground with really crappy art (Seriously. A girl who was barely in the double digit age now looks older than her mom in the same panel) and weird direction (Alex transforms into a horse!). In the Holiday Special the original creators manage to undo the weird changes in a natural way and give the characters a conclusion.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=cPP4zUDuo4c
thepiratebay.org/torrent/7136624/Pirates.of.Dark.Water.1991.Complete.x264-Ecclesiast
8muses.com/comix/album/JAB-Comics/DaYounguns-Dragon/Issue-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I heard they animated an ending but they never aired for some reason, I couldn`t find it online however

I'm pretty sure the original cast recorded audio for it 'cause I remember seeing a video about it back in the day, but I have no idea if it's still on YT.

Not sure if it was the original cast, but the final episode wasn't made before the show was cancelled, so the writer uploaded the script online to show everyone how it ended, then it was turned into a radio play/drama for the DVD release.
If you're after it, find a rip of the DVD collection.

It confirmed a bunch of shit and gave it a proper ending, with the obvious season 4 set up.

Richard Dragon got a shitty wrap-up in some annual that addressed his BFF being brainwashed into becoming the assassin Bronze Tiger.
And Now Bronze Tiger is a bigger star, go figure.

Stroker and Hoop ended on a cliffhanger but the writers posted a synopsis of what would have been the resolution online.

The first episode of season two would have been about Stroker and Hoop dying and going to heaven while their fat friend was stuck in a coma. After a series of shenanigans, Stroker and Hoop accidentally kill God and everyone who died over the course of the first season, including Stroker and Hoop, would escape back into the mortal world.

Angry Beavers was going to have it's final episode have the characters reveal they were cartoon characters, were not going to get a new episodes and were going to be "re-run incarnated" and made fun of the fact the network will get all the money while the team that made the series gets nothing from it. This pissed of Nick so much, that they cancelled the series (because this apparently broke some agreement).

All that remains of the episode is the audio recording of the episode.
hooktube.com/watch?v=cPP4zUDuo4c

Snort, that's classic. We should fucking animate that from the audio.

I still can't believe Hey Arnold is getting an ending. Nick must really be hurting for cash.

Pretty much

I think there is a youtube video showing a radio drama of the final episode.

Obvious ones would be Samurai Jack and the upcoming Young Justice season 3.

Damn it's been a long time since I've seen that one.

>>>/reddit/

Reported for being a memelord cunt.

I'm glad someone else other than me remembers this show, I was one of the few people who really liked it. But I actually think the ending as it stands is better than the continuation the writers described. It ended on a cliffhanger, and now we know, since the series wasn't renewed, that they died. The perfect end to the series.

I loved the Pirates of the Dark Water game, didn't even know there was a cartoon of it.

I… How?
Did it perhaps not air in your country?
More importantly,
thepiratebay.org/torrent/7136624/Pirates.of.Dark.Water.1991.Complete.x264-Ecclesiast

That's the best quality you'll find of the series. 1:1 DVD rips. Enjoy some badass piratical adventure

Its been what, 15, 20 years?

8muses.com/comix/album/JAB-Comics/DaYounguns-Dragon/Issue-1

There you go, enjoy.

It looks like a parody

It's legit

A respectable comic company