That one game you can't remember

Hey Holla Forums does anyone else remember this game? All i can recall from it it's that it was a PS1 game with a top down view and it was set in a desert if i remember correctly, it was overall pretty dark and the opening scene involved a pyramid
maybe there was also a white haired guy in it

Any other anons who need help are welcome too I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

hardcoregaming101.net/sentient/sentient.htm
hardcoregaming101.net/actualsunlight/actualsunlight.htm)
amazon.com/Untold-History-Japanese-Game-Developers/dp/1518655319)
mega.nz/#F!J4tXUZgK!DjiyF5Uk6hCnYZHTFfERcA
jayisgames.com/review/terrain.php
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashback_(1992_video_game)
complex.com/pop-culture/2012/03/the-100-best-sega-genesis-games/rolling-thunder-2
youtube.com/watch?v=VG4To5tdxvc
strategywiki.org/wiki/Kyuukai_Douchuuki/Walkthrough
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh fuck, I think I remember this, wouldn't it by any chance be Alundra?

nope, sorry, the desert part was the very first part of it, alunda starts on the Sea

For over a decade I had one of these. I remembered playing a PS1 demo disc with it on but couldn't remember the name and even looking through the lists of all the demo discs I could find I could find it. Eventually I stumbled upon it by chance on hc101:

hardcoregaming101.net/sentient/sentient.htm

I don't even have any motivation to play it, it's just a huge weight off my mind that I finally found it and that I didn't imagine the damn thing.

The prequel to Alundra is in a desert, but it's a Sega Genesis game, not a PS1 game. It's called Beyond Oasis/Story of Thor.

Got anymore info OP?
Fantasy, historical, present day, scifi?
Western made, Japanese made?
Genre? Battle system?

Oh wait, the prequel was Landstalker. Well either way BO might be the game if you misremembered the platform.

Nope, definitely not those, I never had a Genesis

Don't remember

Japanese made, i remember the Menu being in japanese

no clue, it was all in japanese so I had no idea what to do

So this could very possibly be a Japanese exclusive release. That certainly makes things a little trickier.

I forgot to ask if it was 2D or 3D?

Too bad HG101 is run by SJWs now. I read any of their recent articles and it's all muh soggyknees, muh trigger warnings.

I remember an old nes game that I had when I was younger. The game world used blocks and jumps like Mario, but the main character used a sword. I think the Cartridge was silver too, but I don't remember if that belonged to a different game. The bgm was more action/adventure orientated than Mario's tunes.

Nvm. I found it.

Ive been looking for a PS1 FPS flying game, I remember flying around shooting at a pyramid in a cockpit reminding me of Independence day

I have a feeling it's some popular RTS, but I have no idea

Im thinking starcraft or a command and conqueror.

came here to post crimson skies.

sorry for the late Reply, it's 2D

sounds like jeanne d'arc but that wasn't on ds.

Forgot other things:

Korean made? Played on PC in early 2000s. Kind of a Final Fantasy Tactics like - turn based with a hexagon grid I think. Had strong zodiac themes. Anime vibe but don't remember if it was anime theme or just fantasy stylized.

Maybe is Dominion: storm over gift 3, it has 4 factions and one of then can convert tanks into allies but arent the human faction for that and the scout option don't remember.

They even made some articles on H-Games back then now it's fucking unearable. Read their Valis article/last page for some cringe.

Yeah I saw that shit. There's more, too. Their recent F-Zero article barely mentions gameplay (shitty cutscenes are much more important now), the Double Dragon article complains about soggyknees, and this article (hardcoregaming101.net/actualsunlight/actualsunlight.htm) starts with a trigger warning. Fuck that gay ass websight, I'm done with them after a decade of supporting them.

I was reading this book (amazon.com/Untold-History-Japanese-Game-Developers/dp/1518655319) recently and the author appears to be the only person affiliated with HG101 who isn't a SJW faggot.

Spectral Force Genesis, by Idea Fuck.

Holy fuck, that's the one. Thanks user.

Any chance there's a PDF of that you or someone else could toss up on Mega or Vola?

the opening scene involved a pyramid
You mean the actual introduction to the game once you start playing, or are you talking some FMV opening?

I don't quite remember, I'm pretty sure it was before the Main Menu even appeared, do you have any idea what it might be?

Do you remember the style of gameplay? Also, with the mention of pyramids and desert, did it have a direct Egyptian vibe, or was it more of a fantasy setting with both elements in it anyhow?

now that you mention it was probably closer to fantasy, the style of gamplay involved squares and a top down view, that's as far as my memory goes

Well, now that this has cropped up. I might as well ask to if anybody can give me a solid lead.

So a long time ago, there was this one game. Started with some anime FMV including some black-haired Cloud wannabe, some orange-haired girl and some other character I can't really remember fully. Game kicked off on a boat where you had to speak with three specific character, one kid who used a flute, some chubby samurai dude and someone else. Fuck all else, I can't remember anything beyond that, only that the boat crashed spending you your respective path.

Well, there one thing I do oddly remember with vague specificity is that if you spoke with all the characters but refused to partner with any of them, you would get some secret, true path. Jesus Christ, my memory is hazy.

I doubt I'll get anybody will know what the hell I'm talking about, but damn if someone gives me a match I'll suck their goddamn dick.

Chubby samurai sounds very familiar for some reason but i can't for the life me remember where from.

That sounds more like a graphical style than gameplay, unless it was an outright board game or grid-based game.

Do you remember the system?

Can't be older than PS3, it was a really dated game. I really want to say it was a PS2, maybe even PS1 game but my memory is failing me hard here.

it was probably grid based then

What genre was it, if you can remember?

RPG, I know it was an RPG. There was some minor platforming and puzzle solving, but the emphasis was on turn-based combat. It was that type of game where you would sprint into a monster and the screen would blur out kind of like some Pokemon business and you would select actions via an onscreen menu, except in 3D this time.

PC game. You drove around the city, maybe there were missions but I never did them. I think it may have been in a brown care. There was some water parts where you could go in (under a bridge I think).

You could fart and burp too. It was 3D, so it's not gta1, 2, or london.

So on-screen encounters rather than turn based? That helps a bit.

How much do you mean by "cloud wannabe?" Personality, character design, etc?

Meant Random Encounters.

Sorry about the late reply.

To be honest, all I knew is that guy was cocky and smug to bounce off his whiny companions, yet at the same time somewhat broody and off-putting. Reluctant, but always willing to lend a hand to those in need. Well, that and he used a gigantic buster sword that was his twice his own size.

And, I believe that would be correct, "Random Encounters" would probably be the best word for it. However, when you entered the combat it was turn-based, the closest comparison would be something like … Golden Sun: Dark Dawn? Funny how I can remember all these small details, but not the name of the actual game itself. Drives me nuts.

It was a racing game for the N64. It was largely off-road racing, and you could paint your car however you wanted by drawing directly onto it, as if you were making a custom texture or body wrap.

You said sprinting into a monster, so I thought you meant something like the 3D Tales games have, with a field icon that touch initiates battle, letting the player avoid them if they so chose.

Been sifting through some PS1 and PS2 JRPGs but nothing seems to be standing out. Did the game use a DVD style case or a hard plastic jewel case? Might help determine what generation to be looking through.

What you described sounds like a mashup of Grandia III, Persona 1, and Dark Savior.

I'm pretty sure it was a hard, plastic jewel case, but since all my games from around that time were gotten from a second-hand retailer, I'm not sure that's a solid way of deduction. Shoot me anything you found if you think you get a lead.

It's funny because the first and last games you mentioned are eerily similar but just don't quite hit the mark. Unless Grandia III has a scene where you're hitting frog holographs to compose a song for the flute playing companion in your party- Well.

You know, I appreciate the effort you're putting into trying to figure this out. I was really hoping through some stroke of luck someone intimate with the game would automatically know what I'm talking about and shoot me a name. I honestly don't think it's worth crawling through the thousands of potential titles in a vain hopes that we might stumble across the fabled one.

PEE ESS TWO RACING GAME, NOT WIPEOUT, IT HAS A BOOOOOOOOOST METER AND YOU DRIVE FAST CARS AND WAS DEIFNIREALY MADE BY A JAPANESNESNENNESEE you also unlock shit with points like REAL RACING, you do a time trial to clock in your posititon, then do the ACTUAL racing

What region are you in? I only checked the US JRPG release list.

South Eastern US, so yeah. Pretty much spot-on there.

I suppose. I was just thinking that if it had a DVD style case it would help narrow things down to sixth gen, while a Jewel case would mean it was fifth gen or so.

Was the kid with the flute actually playable, or just a tag along?

That's somewhat disorienting, I believe almost all your party-members were tag-alongs until you actually entered combat. Oh, yeah - If it helps, the game started off on a boat in a stormy night until it gets wrecked by a giant crab and wrecks.
Jesus, you're determined.

Oh, it's Orphen. PS2 launch game based on an anime. I actually still have my copy.

Oh, and the giant crab is just a miniboss. A lightning elemental sea serpent thing is what finishes the ship off.

I've got one. Top down adventure game, 2D graphics, pretty colorful, probably early PSX, late Genesis/SNES era. You played as some princely guy who gets items to unlock new areas and solve puzzles. One of which was about finding a comb so he could comb his hair and charm a bunch of little monsters so they'd stop chasing him and he could pass. Another segment involved an underwater maze with hammerhead sharks that had actual hammer-shaped heads that squished the air out of you.

YOU BEAUTIFUL MOTHERFUCKER, YOU FOUND IT. I CAN DIE WITHOUT ANY REGRETS NOW.

I'm sorry for all the obtuse shit I put everyone through, thank you all. Thank you, thank you so much. Man, watching the youtube footage now. I can't believe how off I was.

An educational game about an alien guy named Max who visits Earth on an exchange program to know the ways of an early human aka a kid
He visits parks, malls, the beach and his own house
Along with Mortal Kombat this was one of my first games

Jade Cocoon

Is that game good? Just curious.

There was a blatant mortal kombat rip off arcade game but it was super fucking gritty and violent. All I know is there was a cutscene that played about a king who gets assassinated on his throne, and they actually show the guy's butchered corpse, guts hanging out and all.

And it was in a local Johnny's pizza. Pretty sure plenty of kids got scarred for life by that. Fuck, I was in my early teens and played the shit out of Mortal Kombat and the level of violence in that game still shocked the shit out of me.

Anyone remember the name of this game? Been trying to find it ever since.

I think the last one may be Syphon Filter.

It's got some neat ideas (the real-time-with-telegraphs magic battles have potential for developing into an incredible wizard duel simulator), but it's pretty limited, and like all anime licensed shovelware games it assumes you know everything about the characters already so it doesn't bother with development or pacing.

There was a game I would play quite a bit on my original xbox and it involved you being a robot detective in a robot society where you try to solve crimes.

You could also go to a kiosk and change your character to another robot with special abilities like for example you being about to go fast as hell, became really small where you can fit into small spaces, or be a big strong robot made for combat.

You could also go and fly around the city in your ship and you would get into dog fights, but there's no outer space involved.

And I remember a cut scene where there was a robot in a bath filled with oil and he was murdered, so you would have to solve the crime.

BloodStorm

I am thinking one of these, or a Twisted Metal

Fuck, that's it! Forgot about the hanging eye. Off to find that cutscene on youtube. Thanks, user.

Rogue trip maybe?

That's the one! I never owned the actual box, but I recognize the vehicles on the cover and the developers logo. Much appreciated

I need to find 2 PS1 games

First one is a racing game. You control toy cars and race. During water segments your car turns into a boat. There are also classic pick ups on the road like oils, banana peels, lasers, rockets and stuff.

Second game i don't remember much. Just that a famous actor was the lead and game's bosses were based on the four horsemen of the apocalypse.

Second one is Apocalypse.

Bruce Willis. Thanks a lot. I'd really appreciate if you could find the first game too.

It's almost certainly RC Revenge.

YES!

I just went through the 896 xbox original games catalogue looking for something that matches your descriptions.
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System is the best I can do there.

If that isn't it, then it might have not been on the xbox original.

syberia?

I'm seconding that PDF. There will be no money from my pockets to a site gone SJW.

This?

I remember it was somewhat a 3d plateformer with combat. it looked a lot like avatar.(not the blue one). I remember hiding it so my brother doesn't play it and ruin my save game. I remember the graphics were cartoonish

Holy shit, thanks user!

idk op, I dont remember it

That's a really shitty description, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say The Mark of Kri or its sequel Rise of the Kasai.

This fucking thread reminds me of Harry Potter with that stupid scene involving the Remeberol. "Apparently you forgot something!" "I only wish I could remember what it was! But I've forgotten it!"

Real masterful writing there Rowling.

breath of dragon 4?

breath of fire 4, fuck me and my idiot brain.

PS1 game, never played it because I didn't have one at the time, but I saw it in a video store and thought it looked like the coolest shit. It was a dungeon crawler game, on the front was a really stylized skull and on the back were a couple screenshots. One which has stuck with me to this day is of a scantily clad warrior girl fighting a giant spider. It also mentions traps and some sort of contest.

As an aside, Neville had forgotten his robe.

I have a game which I cant remenber the name.

It was either an educative game, or an interactive adventure/story. It was about an antromorphic white camel and her daughter, that did wear a hijab, like a muslim.

Anyone can help me, please?

I think it might have been DOS or Win95/98 days. Probably before Win2000.
Puzzle game, no protagonist. You moved around tiles with arrows and maybe other symbols on them. Play area was maybe something like 20 tiles across.
The solid parts of a screen were on a grid, but I think the tiles could move smoothly between positions. There was gravity.
Pretty sure the screens didn't scroll, and it was level-based.
Mouse cursor was a hand.

Finding old PC games is fuckness. Can't just go through everything like with consoles. That's how I found The Guardian Legend on NES.

first one is revolt maybe?

Nightmare Creatures?

There's another game I'm trying to think of on the original Playstation, IIRC it had two playable characters and one was a redhead in black armour. It was similar to Tomb Raider in some ways. That might be the game you're looking for but now I can't remember what it's called.

Seems like the game you're both after is Deathrap Dungeon.

That's the one. Thanks user.

Pics are related. Three from Deathtrap, the other two are the covers of Nightmare Creatures.

Trying to remember the name of this one PS1 game. I think it had some melee combat, though at the time I just know there was punching. The level I can remember most was very blue, and there was also a main menu gameplay demo which had the player fighting enemies in a small room, both in an isometric view. Some of the enemies I know were humanoid and brown, possibly some mutant things. There was also a FMV which had the protagonist or said mutants in blue tubes.

One PS2 game I'm trying to remember is a 3D beat em up that allowed for co-op. There were two characters, a male and female who were both part of some police riot gear or something that resembled it. The first few levels had you fighting people, and you could fire guns, a couple I thikn were nonconventional ones. You could also pick up fire extinguishers as weapons. The later levels had you fighting aliens or mutants inside some weird, green organic place.

Blasto

It isn't Blasto, though I do remember first playing it around the same time.

this game was actually the fucking shit, best music as well. there were items and abilities and shit, cant remember the name though

Alundra 2
>inb4 coloncrucified Alundra 1 fans

yeah thats it, time to emulate

whats the contention btw? why would alundra 1 fans be mad?

wow alundra 1 must be incredible then

It's 2D and way fucking harder in every possible way and yeah its very good.

Deathtrap Dungeon?
Pandemonium?

There's no fire extinguishers that I recall, and it's more shootemup than beatemup, but I still think you might be trying to describe The Red Star. One of my favorite games.

Time for me to post this again.

This game haunts me.

You tried fucking around with a complete MAME romset?

80'-90' should be mostly complete and if you saw it in a walmart it's doubtful that the game is some obscure chinese bootleg shit that went undumped..

It was one of those educational math games that were install on every school computer in canadian elementary schools.

All I remember was the characters were 3d transparent geometrical shapes and one of the parts of the game had you moving around a bunch of grey rooms.

It was in fact Deathtrap Dungeon. Thanks anons!

Was it actually good though?

The PS1 version is slightly better than the PC one, but it's anus ravingingly difficult while not being that fun, the ending is worth a watch though.

I played a PS2 demo for a TPS Gundam game where you could pick which mech, weapons, colour(depending on the mech) and pilot you want to use.
The mechs all had different playstyles and weapon selections.
You can play against bots.
You can fight on land, underwater and in space. But some mechs can't be used in space.
The some of the levels had destructible objects like buildings and trees.

WHAT GAME Holla Forums?

I'll download the PS1 version later on. Thanks user.

Third person shooter for playstation where you blow shit up as an ayylien.

That could mean anything from a blue-colored human to tentacled tentacles to the regular pic related

pls try to be more specific

Mobile Suit Gundam: Federation vs. Zeon?

Thanks user. That's the one I was looking for, now I finally know it's name.

There was this ps2 game that was in a demo disk that I played a decade ago. It was set in a prison and I had to shoot my way out in the middle of a huge prison brawl.

I only saw some one else play it, but It looked like a stealth game for the GC or PS2, I don't remember what controller the guy was holding. the mission was set in a big jail that involved releasing all the prisoners and using the confusion to escape. The released prisoners were able to pick up any equipment that the police dropped when they died.

Dark castle?

2D sidecroller, one of the charters used a yo-yo as a weapon, played it on an arcade cabinet somewhere in the 90s (in The Netherlands).

The only level I remeber had a sort of desert-y vibe, I think, but I'm not sure I'd even recognize it if found

Sounds like Spinmaster.

meant for

Also, I think may have been meant for someone else. Dark Castle also has some ports on other systems, some in color, all with a terrible control scheme.

Might not be the game, but it made me think of Wild Arms 3 anyways. 3D PS2 game, but still.

I remember what it was now. That bloodcurdling scream rustled the fuck outta my jimmies. Vid related.

The comic that is based on was god tier. If you're at all Holla Forums you should track down a collection of the first trade.

Please help me.

Bump

I bought the guy's books legit because he deserves the money. He spend like five years of his life to travel to Japan and interview hundreds of dudes, some of whom are dying of old age. It's an amazing work and Szczepaniak (fukken Polish names) doesn't get enough praise for his effort.

Anyhow, screw that, here's ebooks.

mega.nz/#F!J4tXUZgK!DjiyF5Uk6hCnYZHTFfERcA

Is the user looking for the flash game on the alien planet where you chase your clone spiderman style still here
Because I finally found the game
jayisgames.com/review/terrain.php

This is my guess too

That's not it. I played Metal Arms to the end and it's more of a robot army game that seems more like Halo and Ratchet&Clank crapping out a child together.

Shot in the dark here, was it one of the Baldur's Gate : Dark Alliance games?

Can you say anything else? What was your character like? Literally, ANY detail will help.

ball breakers

Good luck finding this one

There was this one fantasy game I played with my sister, isometric and there were monsters that ate your armor in it.

There's this ps2 game made in japan…
You could walk around in 3 dimensions but it played more like a point and click, trying to get the right item to progress the story. I remember they had an idiotic invisible wall where they just parked a dog in the street and were like 'oh no the dogs blocking the way!'. It was like this on almost every second street. There was also a part where you go back in time and scare some villagers into letting a whore go by pulling out your cellphone and telling them it steals souls or something.

top down view, PC, you played as a bald kid running around throwing hammers and and collecting brains
I believe the title had Spooky or Haunted in its name
some other details

Technocop.

Wasn't hard at all ;)

Tell me user, what do I remember?

Not pic related is it?
Probably not… terraforming is a pretty big element in this game

The Adventures Of Bouapha: Spooky Castle

that wasn't it…

I've never actually played technocop. Although technically it looks like the game I described I know it's not it.

Maybe Seek'n'Destroy on the PS2.

More information then? It, ironically, hits everything on your list.

Holy fuck user, I'm not the one who asked but I've been trying to remember that game for the longest time. Thank you.

This one has confounded me for YEARS.

It's a PS2 game where you play as an anthropomorphic dog. You run around and shoot shit, and in general it plays like a shitty ratchet&clank. It kind of tried too hard to be edgy, and overall it was very, very, bad. I think you could go into a 'berserk' mode and become a werewolf, but I'm not sure about that one.

Ruff Trigger maybe?

MDK2

I never played technocop, it has an airplane level?

anyway my game…

…It was heavy on the anime aesthetic if I recall.
I don't know if the protagonist was a cop but my childhood mind saw him as a cop. I think he had a rib holster. You could crouch…

There was maybe a love interest you were chasing after? We're starting to get into the blurrier details of the game for me now.

It was pretty difficult but my child self was able to beat it.

here are two games from '00 i would like to remember, all shareware games

Holy fucking shit, that's the one.

Could be if he was misremembering the system. Really great game too.

Never played it, but I remember seeing the cover a few times and it stood out as being odd enough to remember.

Alright, I just remembered another one.

It was a 90s PC Game [I don't remember what version of windows, I was too young] and a top-down RPG, think Diablo. You explored around this big map, but everything was bullshit-hard and I couldn't get anything done. The art was pretty cool, and it had some neat visual effects that fascinated me. There were characters with voice dialogue, but I don't remember anything about them. I do remember that there was a castle where most of the characters lived.

Was it True Lies?

PC game, yet to come out, kickstarter, maybe? It was jap, had cartoony graphics, and was about managing a company that researched captured mythical creatures. Those could however escape and massacre everyone.

not even close. I'm 100% it was a platformer. It had vehicle segments that were in between the main platforming levels.

The protag was not a cyborg, he was fighting them…although some were cyborgs that looked like humans. Others were more obvious.

It wasn't a terminator game or anything with Shrawtzanigger.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashback_(1992_video_game)

How about this?

no…this is really getting to me though. I'm searching every single game the SG made now…into the H's…

Anything that has an obscure japanese name or sounds like it might have to do with shooting I'm looking into.

If I can't find it in sega's library I'll check the Super Nintendo…I'm fairly certain it wasn't SN though.

Thanks faggot
I think this is the third time someone has helped me find this game. I always play it, beat it, forget about it for 1-3 years, then feel a need to play it again.

Cyborg 009?

No but I got a lead.

ROLLING THUNDER

complex.com/pop-culture/2012/03/the-100-best-sega-genesis-games/rolling-thunder-2

This isn't the right one though…So fucking close… I remember it looking "nicer". Gotta keep searching,

OH FUCK! I FOUND IT!

fucking rolling thunder 3

after all these years…

youtube.com/watch?v=VG4To5tdxvc

This guy is one tough son of a bitch.

Awesome!

I've spent more time than I care to admit trying to remember this.

Tank! Tank! Tank!

Might as well post this. Used to play it on an old Gameboy multicart from the Philippines that had a ton of random games on it like Daedalian Opus and Crayon Shin-chan 4, but its title is probably in Japanese anyways.

Even if I don't get the exact game, I'd be content with getting something with a similar concept. It was pretty fun.

I always try these threads but never succeed.

Arcade Baseball game. Character models look like early 3D bobble head characters. The announcer even says "Here's the home town hero!" when the teams best batter or pitcher appears. When the home town pitcher pitches it turns the baseball into a fireball. Same when the batter hits it.

No its not Baseball stars, or the Konami bobble head baseball games.

Might be Space Haste

Maybe. Looking around now but all I can find so far is the sequel which came out way too late to be it. This was in the late 90s, I think.

how did no one pick up motorcycle/jet ski parts I mentioned? Does techno-cop have that as well?

How many games have a protagonist with a rib holster for that matter?

Is rolling thunder just that obscure? I noticed there were no sequels after 3…

is there a spirtual sucessor to this series?

I found 5 different games which were almost exactly as you described. I have no idea why "man in suit, no jacket, with pistol" is such a common thing on the sega genesis.

This has probably come up, but sengoku 1/2/3 all have intros similar in some ways to what you're describing. Not entirely, though.

For example..

I've seen that guy in a bunch of these threads and I don't think anyone's suggested that before.
Hope he comes back.

Also I want a Wild Soda

where in true lies did he fight cyborgs? I mean I know "shartzanigger" is in it but he wasn't even a cyborg in that movie. Moreover he wasn't fighting cyborgs either.

As for technocop… like I wouldn't have stumbled across a title like "technocop" during my search for rolling thunder.

cyborg 009 isn't even remotely close.

I remember playing flashback a little but where in flashback does it have a motorcycle/jetski part? Or a fucking airplane level for that matter?

I appreciate your enthusiasm but if this were ace attorney I'd have you thrown out of the courtroom by now.

Those weren't the only ones. Especially after you said it was Japanese.

If you frequent these threads, you see how often people badly misremember big details, or conflate multiple games into one game. You go with best guess and it often jogs peoples memories. Nailing most of a criteria given is good enough to post a possibility. In this very thread people have misremembered the entire platform it was on. In previous threads people will swear up and down that a proposed game was wrong, only to later realize it was the right one. Peoples memories get muddled. So you put forth what looks about right and see if you can get more details.

If that's a problem for you, blow it out your ass you ungrateful cunt. Next time if you are going to be a huge bitch, tell me at the start so I don't have to waste my time.

Fucking true lies? Goddamn Cyborg 009?

ahem
>almost exactly

get the fuck out of here. Shit, you may as well have said battletoads for all the good your guesses were.

Like I said, huge ungrateful cunt.

grateful I found it myself since your guesses sure as shit weren't help.

You realize that game is nothing like you described, right? Branching routes, killing insta-respawn enemies for cash to buy/upgrade items, crazy-difficult bosses, only one instance where you use a sword, an even more unfair final boss fight, and it was possible to get a bad end even AFTER killing said boss if you didn't disable the doomsday device properly.

God I loved the fuck out of that game. The hours I put into it were ungodly.

I played the shit out of the Rolling Thunder games and you might as well have described battletoads for all the good your description was.

I was trying to imagine a slow platformer with shooting and item shops, not a contra or metal slug type game, and didn't come up with anything.

Hell, you could have said "Shinobi with guns instead of shuriken" and RT would've been my first guess.

By arcade, you mean it ran on a machine at an arcade?

some sort of 'Bust-A-Move' clone that included an obnoxious soundbyte that went "oh crap" once you got a game over

It's a justified butthurt so shut up.

Yes.

I remember playing a licensed Monsters Inc. game where characters from the movie would playing dodgeball with each other and one of the characters was a CDA member. Does anyone know the game I described?

It was on the PSX and you drove like a humanoid mechsuit and fought against the military and other mechsuites that looked like Warhammer 40k Warhound class titans in a city with destructible buildings.
And you could customize your weaponry and I remember it being really hard for some reason.

Do you remember what the control scheme was like? That would be a huge help looking through this database.

Also ANY other details would be helpful.

Iron Solider 3?

Yes, god bless you user. I've been searching for this game for ages.

Monsters, Inc. Scream Arena

You're not thinking of cool spot are you?

Got anything else? Like the platform is was on or anything?

Ah, thanks!

Name of anime?

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun , I think

Two buttons, eight way arcade stick. You pressed a button while holding in which direction you wanted to throw the bases, if you just pressed the button it would throw back to the pitcher which would be quicker than just throwing all the way to home base.

Pressing the second button would bring up players to choose from to switch over for pitching. Very quick and easy. If the player hit the baseball and it be an airball the opposing team player would automatically be under it to catch. When batting you could press the second button to tell anyone on base to steal.

Graphically it looked early 3D like
and whenever the game would announce hometown heroes in the corner of the screen you see fans appear cheering cutting in quickly in and out.

Again, I've being searching for this game for ages so I'm guessing it came from proberly Korea or China since most baseball games are listed from the US or Japan.

Did it look like this?

Actually, do you remember where you played it? Like specifically. As in, address of the establishment you played it at.

This is a quest now.

Without the metal swing bar.

Darwin N.T Australia, at an Arcade called "Boneys" which is now a post office. They imported many arcade games from Japan and Asia.

Was this it? just curious
strategywiki.org/wiki/Kyuukai_Douchuuki/Walkthrough

or Powerful Baseball '96 ?

An RPG with paladin and a doomknight-type characters. Chained together and standing back to back on the cover.

Sega Genesis, you were a zombie-looking Samurai Ninja with a Ragnarok Online-esque Sakkat, and went around a Metroidvania style dungeon and fucked shit up.

Last one is spec ops: ranger elite

beyond divinity

These two.
Racked my brain trying to remember these.

Dude that is it! Except it was in English! Thanks!

Chakan?

PS1 game
RTS
Native American style i think
main hero unit shouted TAKA and shot a fireball.
Had somthing to do with eliminating rival clans and getting to a magic gate (Maybe)

cannot remember anything more than that and it pieces me off cause i had a blast playing it.

Wow, that pretty close to what I remember. I still don't think that's it, but that intro is the closest to it that I've seen yet. I just distinctly remember the "black sun" thing and I don't remember the castle rotating. Otherwise it looked spot on.
I am more and more convinced that it was a SNK/NeoGeo game of some sort though. I wish I could remember more.

To approach this from a different angle, Let's assume that Sengoku is the game I remember and my memory is combining it with another game. Then what is that other game?

Most definitely neither of those. Not sure what it is, though.

Payback? Not really sure.

Kill yourself you ungrateful cunt.

Goemon?

That's right, I remember that now. You get a +1 Internet.

Uhhh well
Im beginning to think it may have been related to Drakengard

Bit of a weird one but I remember back when my local libraries had cd-roms for borrowing there was an educational game that was essentially a bunch of foreign board games. It had jungle chess and mancala along with some others games I can't remember. It also had AI opponents with weird personalities ranging from a old native lady in a wheel chair to a robot who was a big asshole when he captured your pieces.

Riddle me this, Holla Forums.
PC platformer, must have been released between 1994 and 1997. Sci-fi setting, quite colourful. Main character was a dude in a black and blue slim space suit.
Weapon was a handgun that could shoot various type of ammo (blue laser blobs, electric beams and more). Ultimate attack was the flamethrower, but for that you needed the weapon upgrade which basically turned the gun in a big assault rifle, which would then shoot more powerful (i. e. bigger) versions of the other ammo types.
Another attack was a dash that could be done forward or at an angle upward. While doing it, the character would have a kind of glow superimposed on him, looking like the head of a tiger. It would pretty much insta kill most enemies.
First level, I think was some kind of jungle. Enemies included giant spiders. Another level (5th?) was set in the mountain, or at least in an icy place. Its final boss was a kind of huge ass snowplough with small turrets mounted here and there. A later level was basically Cloud City from "The empire strikes back": red-orangey background, heavy sci-fi, lots of pitfalls.
I seemed to remember it as "Impact" but no name under that title matches my memories. Additionally, it might have had an anime style intro: cartoony characters, minimum animation.
Been looking for a long time. Will be eternally grateful if you could find it.

This was a long time ago, but there was a 'dark' game with a female main character. All I remember is potions, possibly skeletons, and a giant whose fingers you'd attack for some reason.

3D, too. Probably PS1.

Actually, if it is 3D for the PS1, I don't want to find it anymore

That's it!

alright I've been trying to remember this one game for years.
It's a 3D corridor engine similar to Wolfenstein, and I think it may be a mod.
It's a walking sim, similar to Lisa. Creepy, ambient atmosphere, takes place in a mansion. There's a man that follows you around, and it's heavily implied he kills you in the end.

Dunno, but Sengoku is a trilogy, so it might be one of the sequels.

A 2d platformer game where a some kid uses a hoverboard and a laser gun to stop an alien invasion that consists of robotic teddybears.
I wish i was making this shit up.