*ruins your film score*

*ruins your film score*

He has good ones though

Composes his own score for his own movie, based of his own original script

Definitely can't recommend this film to anyone

The aesthetic maestro himself.

living the dream

I like Brian Tyler. He has done some good scores.

cant ruin any christopher nolan film, nolan already took care of that

What film was that?

It's sad because these days he doesn't even need to work on a soundtrack to ruin it. Most of Hollywood is using his RemoteControl drones/protégés/assistants (Junkie XL, Djawadi, Balfe, Zanelli, etc) who make that bland music.

He's a good composer but I've heard that he uses ghost writers. There's a rumor that one of his albums was 99% composed by someone else.

John Carpenter can live in my balls rent free, for all I care. He's John fucking Carpenter.

this isn't Assault on Precinct 13 theme, it's the song for a Sega Mega Drive shmup. Xevious or something. Used to play it all the time.

I've never had a problem with his scores. I assume people just don't like that he's popular.

BBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNN

It's sad and funny that even years from now, people will keep making covers and renditions of old themes from movies and TV, but I very much doubt they'll be doing covers from most movies and TV shows from the last 10 years or so. You can hum the Star Wars theme or Imperial March even if you hate it, but I doubt anyone can hum Avengers' theme.
And nowadays, the "epic" and BWAAAAM songs are the creators' crutch for a trailer, as well as the "adequate" nigger music, same way thry used classical music back then.

100% true. It don't know if it's linked but these days they barely use any orchestra.
Also very few composers rely on themes these days. I can only name a few like Bear McCreary, Murray Gold, Brian Tyler or even Ramin Djawadi (although I can't stand his editing, every instrument always sound flat).

This. It saddens me that the MCU is so bland in terms of picture and sound design. I know it was made like that on purpose but ffs imagine if each hero had his own theme on his solo movie and then in the Avengers you see them as a team and you hear each theme building up towards the Avengers main theme?

It's long been a weakness of American soundtrack composition to make it blend in too much so you don't even notice it.

no, because capeshit would still be cancer.