144hz

Which videogames let me play at 144fps?

Dragon's Dogma lets you play up to 150 fps.

Monitors above 60Hz are a meme to make good "le gamer" goys waste money on things they could've put towards something actually worth while.

Neat, gonna add that to my to-play list.

I could do without butthurt poorfags thanks.

It's only good for cancerous games like CS

Pic related is you

they are worth it up to the point when you cant tell the difference anymore, of course if your hardware can keep up

This does not affect my ability to buy whatever other shit I may want.

now this is a dubs thread

FreeSync + 144Hz is fucking amazing.
Playing 60 FPS locked games is such a huge fucking downgrade in comparison.

imagine being so poor and retarded that you think a better framerate isnt real.

The perceived difference between 60 and 120 fps is the same as between 30 and 60, fyi, obviously 144hz is on a depreciating performance per benefit curve but double the frames is double the smoothness if you ignore the multiplying costs. Once you get a 144hz monitor youll never be happy with 60 again, its just too smooth.

144 hz is a meme. The human eye can barely notice past 60 thats why incandescent light bulbs appear to be constant when they actually flicker. Although id say you might notice the better response time though.

Lmao

Quake

You may as well go full nigger and start applying that to your wardrobe.

How does it feel to still care this much about the image of a dead "movement"?

Using a 144hz monitor right now and I can tell you it'sinfinitely better than a 60hz one, especially for shooters.

There are many older games that are well optimized, or run on modern budget computers.
I'd add original Carmageddon to that list, if it wasn't for the timer running faster than it's supposed to. At 60 fps it's bearable, but going higher makes it exponentially worse.

any capcom game on a dreamcast emulator

;_;

Seriously, my eyes can instantly feel it even when I just switch from 60hz to 75hz. 75hz is so much easier on the eyes.

Quakelive let's you go up to 250fps if you take off the 125fps cap in the console.

i'm more of a crt guy anyways

Hes probably just noticing the faster response time on the faster monitor. If he was just shown highter framerate footage without controlling anything i doubt he could tell.

>tfw 1920x1200 monitor at 50hz

incandescent lights don't exactly flicker at 60hz though, the filament needs time to cool between flicker so the light bulb in fact has a much higher effective framerate

Well then even if its double AC say 120 hz. The flicker is undetectable so going any higher would be pointless. Also if it is double then that would mean european bulbs would flicker at 100 hz and ive never heard any english people complain about lights flickering.

step it up

Incandescent bulbs are high-persistence. If you apply power, and then remove it, they glow for a long time. Ideally, a video monitor is low-persistence - it displays a frame momentarily, and then goes dark until the next.

If you've ever used a CRT monitor, you know that 60hz flicker is definitely perceptible. TVs use long-persistence phosphors because of this. Monitors were typically 70hz or 85hz instead.

I'm not a fan of arena shooters, might give it a try sometime though.

What are with all these generic template threads.

Is it the same faggot?

Maybe I wouldn't feel the need to bump it if poorfags didn't spew shit about things they've never even seen. And if I had more than a couple games that aren't locked to one framerate or another.

Anything except console plebshit

low quality bait

I'd hate to be a poor and stupid poorfag who can't afford to upgrade his monitor.

Why do you fucks have to hold back progress? More is better. Fucking hell I hate people like you that tell me not to buy stuff, like do you have a life?

But is the light bulb ripe?

damnit lad

they may not got out entirely but if you watch a vid of a bulb in slow motion they dim quite a bit.

poorfag here with 60hz monitor, I've used 144hz before at a friends house and the difference is immediately noticeable in games. I wish I didn't use it because now going back to 60 feels laggy. I had the same issue when I was a consolefag and played collodooty for the first time, I just thought it had really good animations or something.