zkjellberg.github.io/dark-souls-3-cheat-sheet/

Patchnotes
(Implying they matter)
- Dragon Slayer’s Axe
- Crescent Axe
- Dark Drift
- Washing Pole
- Moonlight Great Sword

The game is shit, but it's the only one we have. Don't lose hope, Ashen Ones.

Fucking let me post god damn it

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/25767
imgur.com/a/DZQV6
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Did they fix the goddamn wolf covenant yet? A whole fucking month of trying to RP some autistic abyss watcher wannabe and Fromsoft only cockblocks me to death

Not if you have bloodborne, im replaying it and the quality drop off to ds3 is steeeeep.

Reports are unclear. SOME people say they're getting more actions, others say the patch did fuck all.

I'm definitely on the fuck all camp then, how can this be so hard to fix?

Fromsoft are not good at it. They could not fix durability bug in ds2 and dsfix/dscf is still must have for dark souls1.

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to make outriders harder than Vordt?

I mean, people complained about the dragon guys ins DS2 having unlimited stamina but these outrider fags have that too, PLUS attacks that are faster than all other enemies in the game.

DaSIII speedrun coming up on the North American Speedrunner Assembly in a few minutes, for those who are interested in watching that.

And don't forget about they giving you frostbite in like 2 seconds

Because the people who make the game are shut at the game, so they can't tell what's actually hard, and what's just u fair. The darkwraith in 3 are ACTUALLY hard.

Tweaked my guy's face a bit.
Playing without an expressionless helmet for the first time in a souls game, for that bitchin cape.
R8 face and style.

It's hard to even get a hit in on those pricks. I managed to beat the others quickly but the one in the Archives rekt my shit several times for some reason.

Thats because everything is more aggressive.
These fucks are hard for slow weapons. I guess the trick is no to roll away from them but to stay in blind spots of their attacks. Or just kill them with fast weapons.

too easy my man, you gotta be inventive if you want those fashion points.

Speaking of inventive, blind in one eye is fun, coulda made him an old fuck for extra 'done with this shit'. 6/10 you did ok

I think the out riders were easy as fuck. Had more trouble with those pricks in irythil dungeon honestly. Dodging in this game is a catch all for every attack. The only time it won't guarantee victory is with the jailers

I remember that Minecraft "joke book", shit. Autism is a hell of a drug.

I tried my best dude but Drang is simply too stylish to pass up.

whens poise?

Also, if I go back now and give the Firekeeper the eyes, can I get the second ending before going to NG+ or does it not let me?

Does anyone have an extra Archdeacon's great staff to spare?

Don't even joke about that shit man, they don't know what they would unleash

But user, using hyper armor and Perseverance is too hard!

As long as she has them before you link the fire you should get the alternate ending. If it fucks up then put that shit on the wiki I guess

I'm currently running a 40 40 40 str dex luck build and if vitality was necessary for poise purposes it would fall to shit. I hate using buffs so I just infuse quality weapons with hollow and get 25-50 extra physical ar

The way to get the most poise is Yhorm's Greatshield, so they wouldn't necessarily need heavy armor to get huge poise.

Is this game already dead?

I'm using a ricards rapier and buckler with middling success. I on average whiff a backstab every two minutes, and I've given up trying to parry with this netcode. I've devolved to just spacing out and roll in > r2 > roll out spam whenever the other guy looks like he's getting sick of footsies and is about to get greedy. I'm sorry for shitting up the online but I don't know what else to do.

Rate my qt

2 Yhorm shields is better than full havel.
You get less poise the more poise you have

id hit it

What is an "outrider"?

the vordt like minibosses, like before road of sacrifice, are irithyll outrider knights

Oh the crystal dogs, okay.

I don't remember having any issue with any of them, in new game at least.

I'll add that I'd compare these things to both the crystal liazards of Das3 and the titanite beasts in Das, who I both found more challenging than these dogs.

Playing through Dark Souls II Scholar.

It did nothing wrong.

DLC is good although unfurnished.

I figured out what happened to Poise.

They gave it all to the Dark Wraiths.

I have a problem. I've started to use a flamberge for some variety but it weighs more than my regular weapon which means I have to use lighter gloves to be able to not fatroll but I can find no light gloves at 2.0 or less that cover my characters ugly ass forearms.

As you can see on the left is my character with the regular shit that looks fine and on the right is the terrible fucking forearm problem.

I need suggestions for gloves that weigh 2.0 or less that will cover up these fucking arms and have a somewhat similar color to the rest of the armor. This is of the utmost importance.

Yes it did. Shit story. Shit stat system. Soul Memory. No whole Red Eye Orb.

DS3 being sorta mediocre doesn't make DS2 better by association.

Bad kid detected.

What?
No, i can boot up Bloodborne at any ti-ohhh i get it.
Jesus, i'm sorry anons.

Not to sound like the sour grapes guy, but i'm pretty sure you bloodfags are ignoring huge glaring faults in a ridiculous attempt to be smug dicks.

What the fuck I keep getting the invasion glitch where I can't attack the host or I can't be seen by the host.

Super annoying. I thought my ghost spell was working but I guess not.

more like

Did you…just reply to yourself trying to make it look like someone else was agreeing with you?
We have IDs, i can literally see that it's you, two times.

I added to my post dumb shit.

Yes, i do agree what you just added to your post was indeed some dumb shit.

What a broken game. I can only damage the host with traps.

Just fuck off. This is a souls thread, not a pretentious faggot thread.

Awww it's ok brah, don't cry.
There's always DaS2 pfffhahaha

the consumed king is giving my low hp guy a hard time

that second phase fast charge attack is un dodgeable

Why did Nito get the shit end of the stick in DaS3? Is being the first of the dead really unimportant?

Are we finally gonna get to see the what the Primordial Serpents/Kaathe were up to in the DLC?

Considering the DLCs have always been spinoffs in an other time or a place far from Lordran/Majula then no.
But you never know

All I want is to be able to wear heavy armor and NOT get stunlocked by dregs.

That's all I want.

this so much tbh.

poise stabbing hornet ring havel shitters would be everywhere

What do you mean by this user?

I've been trying to come up with a decent weapon for my sorcerer to cast CMW on that isn't a rapier or longsword so I won't feel like a cheesy faggot and I think I've settled on the corvian greatknife. The dagger moveset is pretty great, it's got decent base damage and it's as long as most longswords. It's really frustrating that the closest thing to a good int weapon in the game is the Moonlight Great Sword and it's as much a strength weapon as an intelligence one. Crystal rapier is shit, crescent sword has no int scaling, greatsword of judgement is str/dex/int, the catalyst weapons are all meh, and the vast majority of the interesting weapons are unenchantable.

I wanted to recommend you undead legion gloves but they're ~2.2.

you have to twink your character

territorial invasions the player character "can" be 10 levels up but aso "can" be 30 levels down

so a level 10 "can" invade level 0 to 40
while i've noticed a increce of invasions when i am 10 levels "down" for an area where i am trying to territory invade.

level 6 twink gets called out about every 2 min for Forest covenant while my level 40 twink gets called out every 30 seconds for the alderich faithful

also gotta watch your weapon upgrade level as you cant invade someone who's best weapons upgrade level is below yours. this is hard set as you are limited on how much upgrade material you have access to by the time you fight abyss watchers also look up the average as that is all that matters anyways cut a little low on that as you can invade up but no down. note the weapons that max out at +5 count for double +1 =+2 +2=+4 fucked up my alderich twink by upgrading my witch locks up to +4 now i'm going to have to ditch it.

if your invading with read eye orb or putting sign down you have a hard -+20 levels so at level 30 you can go to 10-50 wile being restricted to your upgrade level but you get priority closer to your level.

Honestly, try the burning stake, use sword spells with it, it might catch people off guard and it's pretty fun to use.
Crystal Astora greatsword is pretty good as well.
(even with simple)
CMW?

have one good eye
have hair style that constantly lets hair fall into my good eye but parted over my shit one.

also game penalizes you for having a open armor slot.

Crystal Magic Weapon

WEW I can still poke for days and get those off-hand BKGA ripostes

Anyone had any success with spell parrying?

It doesn't do anything, you don't send it back at them it just deflects 100% of the damage. Doesn't work on anything that would hurt too badly, only shit like soul arrows. Fucking useless.

Looks cool I guess though.

Some guy invade me and tried to spell parry me once, he kept getting partials so I just kept casting the same spell at him until he died from partial parry damage. I don't know why anyone would even want to try spell parrying, it's easier to dodge them than parry them and even if a full parry reflected it it would be so easy for the caster to just dodge it.

That's the only value that has that I can think of.

You're right, I probably should have swapped them.
I'm not an autist who pays attention to this sort of stuff or cares, though.
Only if you're a shitter who gets hit

Does anyone have the full-size version of this image?

I'm trying to make a decent looking trap but I'm not creative enough for anything beyond bare-chested dancer set.
Fashion advice pls

die

I don't really get the mound makers comic

No, but I know how to use reverse image search.

That's the point.I think?

it should really be "wild card bitches"

Top cute. Our characters should marry.

wew

Anyways, what's the best SL and weapon reinforcement level to do co-op at? Sl 65 seems logical, but what weapon reinforcement? +5?

How are there 2 Hosts of Embers here? Is this some cheat engine horseshit or does the human ring mark you as a host?

Also
Why?

Oh Mr. J!

it's one of the rings, probably good for tricking moundmakers

Untrue Dark Ring - retain human appearance while hollow and disguise as a host in other worlds. Bought from Yuria of Londor.
Description doesn't mention the host disguise.

There's a ring that makes whoever has it on look like the host. I think there's a ring that makes you look like a white phantom as well.

Wow, Astora Greatsword's weapon art is really good for punishing chuggers and spammers.

Exactly. "Kill host or x phantoms" is something but it really should be "Kill host " each time so nobody but you knows what your target is.

"Kill phantom

Gas this community.

Hosting a fight club in the Cleansing Chapel. Make your password 2x042 and then put down a sign.

What level are you doing it at?

I'm not sure I get how Mound Makers work. Can I get my vertebra only by killing any other phantoms? What's the point of being able to attack mobs then? Also I noticed sometimes mobs can't aggro me when summoned and they heal all damage I do instantly

I was using an SL 120 build, but the password system auto-adjusts for differences.

When I dicked around with it, I'd usually just switch between phantoms and the host based on who in a better situation for me to kill when I wasn't killing the AI for extra souls. I wish the Bloodlust was better though.

If you invade with the red eye orb, enemies will ignore you like a regular invader.
If you were summoned with the white soapstone, you can fight enemies and invaders like a normal white phantom, but you can also attack and kill the host or other phantoms.
Either way, you can get a shackle either by killing the host or by killing a certain number of phantoms.

Something interesting I noticed. Having played the game on both PC and console, I found the console Outriders SIGNIFICANTLY easier than their PC counterparts.

I don't know if their hp and damage are actually different, but they are definitely less aggressive and I have zero problem killing them on console.

I've also noticed that placement and pathing of certain mobs is different, but I think that might actually be a loading issue.

Intentional?

who gives a shit I just want to swing my hammer at some rats without getting completely fucked

how about turn it on only for PvE, that way everybody wins

You think chink programmers are able to do that?
A rat scratches your ass and you won't stagger, but as soon as that phantom comes and strokes your huge ass stone armor with a thin weebsword, you'll be staggered beyond oblivion? Ain't gonna happen

Have they fixed the freezing glitch yet? I've pretty much dropped the game until that shit stops.

It's dead, Jim

they are, actually. Since DS2 they have kept the damage numbers for weapons different between PVP and PVE to make balancing easier. There were some changes made in DS2 that only nerfed specific weapons in PVP.

Is 3 better than 2?

Barely.

Not really.

Yes.

It has stupidly large groups of enemies out of which a lot have attacks that track you a retarded amount, a lot of the bosses have combos that mean instant death if you get caught in them because you cannot escape them and some of them can use said combos with no kind of windup which lead to a knockdown attack followed by an unavoidable combo, the PvP is full of faggotry as usual, but god damn it's at least not as bad as Dark Souls 2 was overall.

The main saving grace is a couple of the bosses being really great and the levels being nice but progression from level to level is too linear.

PvP fags will always tell you 2 is better because it pandered to them as hard as it possibly could.

Yes.

PVE wise I like it much more.
PVP is fun if you want just straight melle combat.

But Dark Souls 2 beats all the rest in terms of diverse builds.

Pvp can still be a blast though.

I just did a invasion that started out as a 3v1 gank.

Almost died but other invaders showed up.
Got the sunbro Black knight halbred shitter off to myself and killed him quickly.

Then the real shit started.

The faggot host and his butt buddy run back to the Pontiff's area, while me and two other phantoms pursue.

The faggot host then proceeds to summons his shitter friends over and over and over again.

The three of us had to kill his shitter phantoms friends at least 10 times.
Luckily the other invaders were all good as well, we hardly took damage and just kept tag teaming his shitter phantoms.

shit like this happens pretty often.

I dont get FromSoft however, where they will make in improvement in some areas, they take massive leaps back in others.

2 IS the best for PvP, though. It's literally the only major improvement the game had.

found the Faraam set and I feel like an /fa/ dragonslayer demigod

I know but it's still a bad game. PvP alone simply cannot carry an entire adventure game.

Also the PvP isn't even that much fun since PvP was always better when it was about dick ass or gimmicky invasions.

I understand this feel more than you know

Is the game fun?

Can I skip 2 and get this one instead?

Should I wait for the dlc included edition?

Yes. Don't ask why, just fucking yes.

Apparently these guys were Russian, according to the last entry in recent players afterwards…

It's nice that you had fun but to me the constant shittery on the host side is extremely gay.

At least they weren't using Dark Swords.

Bloodborne has no pvp, because summoning is the precondition to be invaded.

But it is a better single player game than DaS 3

I was just being friendly… And it was 3v3!

However, that webm made me realize I need to make a cosplay build.

However.

Fucking From had to make this game "muh e-sports" and go ban hammer on any one who uses CE.

Normally I make a character, usually high level enough that I could wear any armor use any weapon, spell, miracle and use that character just to role play various players for invasions, aka being invaded because I'm too high to invade.

If I have to make a choice, its between Smough, Havel, or Lautrec.

I've been running into a lot of Russians, usually yelling things in Russian which I would not be able to understand even if I knew the language because they always seem to have the worst mics possible.

There are no rules and honour in forceful invasions, he does as he please.

Why are there so many random exceptions to the rules governing what uses scales, twinkling and regular?

Be smough
Invade before Lorian and Lothric
Become the head of the Royal Tard Guard

This
There is absolutely nothing wrong with gimmicky PVP. It's better than +10 Chaos greatswords everywhere.

Be havel, just two-hand your shield. You can still make characters with cheat engine, though, you just need to spawn soul-items in, sell them to the Old Hag, and then level accordingly.

So anons would one of you check out my character and tell me if I fucked up. mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/25767 I'm trying to go for a Miracle buff+Melee thing but i'm not doing too great especially in PvP. Progression wise i'm at Irithyll Dungeon so any items past that I don't have. Not asking to be spoon fed but just a basic yes or no if I fucked up. The profaned great sword +1 im using (cant upgrade anymore) murders my stamina. I'm thinking I might need to switch weapons but I have no idea whats a good weapon but is not faggot level easy.

You fucked up by fatrolling.

fucked up

It says that i'm over 70 but in game i'm not, i'm pretty sure I matched up everything right. I'm like 69.6%

Are they that bad? Should I cut my losses and respec focusing on something else even though i'm cleric?

drang set goes well with silver mask.

I actually run a miracle build and I haven't run into major issues other than the lack of offence miracle use.

I love DS3's fashion opportunities, everything is so good.

Yea i'm just trying to use it for buff, I use deep protection but need to wait to get the sun warrior one.

if you want to get DP and SO for a pure physical build then its fine,

wouldn't bother going past 30 fth other wise as the spells other then healing and shockwaves aren't worth the fp.
id suggest also maxing att at 18 as well.

pyromancy is the only good magic school right now.

So are they nerfing these weapons?

I thought the cutoff for pyromancy was 40 faith and 40 int.

so what are ya'll listening to while playing?

And for weapons anything I should get to use that faith or just use any?

aye, as is the max scaling for most magic scaling weapons a few pure int styled weapons continue scaling to the full 60the MLG wasn't one of them until this most recent change

That sound of summon signs appearing, music to my ears.

But now that you mention it I feel stupid for not listening to something. Listening to this

there's the saint's spear which scales physical from faith, and can still be buffed.
but i don't know how well it scales as i've kinda stuck with my max quality/pyro char.

I've given it a try, it's just a weird weapon for me to use.

well, if you're just using it to max your already existing damage you could go further into att and just enchant your weapon with lightning blade which requires 30 fth.

although that would be better in pve as cathus rouge is too damn good fir giving anything bleed.

although i would suggest a carthus curved sword refined or sharp depending if quality or dex for a standard weapon.

Can I get a fashion rating?

Very nice.

nice.

Put a sword on your back, like the one from that giant skeleton. Think that would look cool.

I only use cestus

No I mean just for pics, not actually use.

wolnir's holy sword?

Yea

Ah, so like this?

Wait wait what.It's wolnirs holy sword. But that one looks cool too.

Ya I don't have wolnirs so I went with what I thought looked cool.

Have you tried out the manikin claws? They're pretty fun with their quick step.

hey guys how do piss off dark souls people?

can u tell me what gets them relly mad of what u post??

Breath

I think it's the case that Dark Souls 2 and 3 reaaally came out before they were ready. By that I mean the shills at From wanted to cash in on the glory of DeS and DkS that they hodgepodged a group together while Miyazaki was working on BB. And when they finished the BB engine they started work on DkS 3… even while BB was in development.

remind them that the games will always be hamstrung by namco bandai's Judaism.

case in point.

Magic is balanced.

Poise is working as intended in Dark Souls 3.
ADP was a good addition to Dark Souls 2.

thats pretty /fa/
r8 my outfits

you know, listening to laurences theme and thinking about the story i can't help but feel that mensis might of been behind the executioners slaughtering the "vilebloods"(apparently this was supposed to be a slur against by the church and not a self-imposed title).

and its not like there's nothing to back it.
they share a motive, and thus compete.
blood-suckers and bloodworms are found in the mensis occupied chalice dungeons, cainhurst castle's courtyard, and the nightmare of mensis.

i wish i had the game, and a mod that allowed me to read a direct translation of the item's Japanese description as there has been some odd changes in translation that are starting to make me suspicious.

Dang, those painting guardian legs go well with silver knight torso. Consider fire witch too, though. It has white fabric.

i forgot to list two things.
mensis was a co-head of the church with the choir, and the cainhurst nobles were opposed to the church.

First one is nice, because understated.
The other two aren't as subtle - I'd go for a different headpiece on the third one in particular

That would explain why I suddenly stopped being summoned as an Aldrich Faithful despite not levelling up.

I assume levelling to around 100-120 negates most of this because then you're just invading people on NG+ who are all at about the same SL in every area.

head piece looks weird because of the lighting, to be honest i cant think of a helm that would work with it anyway
the "painting captain" set is a ds1 set, also looks good with the sunless head

What?

painting guardian.

its an old /dsg/ themed invasion set

huh, that's not too different from my my dex/int moonlight knight's getup.

you don't need to enchant bows

elements arrows is a thing you know

That don't scale.

So. Weapons for casters that don't shit the bed completely in either PvE or PvP.

How's Heysels Pick?

are you sure ?
throwing weapons scale with dex

Well fire arrows don't scale off faith and int.

M o O o N. L i G h T , GrEAT/Sword

2 is the best

good thing that i am not the only one how saw how good favor legging goes with xan set

try the sunset gloves mate they look good with this combo

I still don't understand why they removed this option, it was never OP in any way shape or form nor would it really have the ability to be.

Holy fucking shit!
There's a bonfire in Crucifixion Woods that I never noticed before.

Miracles are for buffing weapons with something else than magic damage

weebshit

pretty good

better

DS3 feels finished. FS is just bad at their job and they dont care.

"Finished"

Random bitching but just me or the camera in this game has the tendency to go completely fuckin' bonkers when locked-on, especially against enemies that run at you?
Really noticed this last night while fighting Sulyvahn; when he started his dash attack, the bloody camera would run circles on me and what was a simple dash attack, ended up a sort of flank/backstab.
I know no lock on is a option, gitting gud and all those things but not even Bloodborne had this much retarded camera shit and that game had a giant electric skeleton that was somehow near impossible to keep track of.

I'm making my Smough build a Aldrich Faithful. I think he and Aldrich would find many things in common.
Aldrich could even be Smough using a new identity. Judging how much of a fan wank this game's lore is, it wouldn't surprise me.

So I've started reading Berserk recently, and I feel like playing as Guts. This character creation system hates me though, and I have no idea how to make a decent looking Guts when the sliders keep messing with unrelated parts and the haircuts are pretty limited.
Any ideas? This is is the closest I've seen to looking like him and it's still pretty underwhelming: imgur.com/a/DZQV6

when did sunfags turn into the biggest symbol of being a fucking pussy like this?

Are you fucking retarded?
Of fucking course they're gonna attack you, you're a purple. Jesus fucking christ.

All that Wild card, bitches! crap is coming back to bite you all in the ass. Doesn't matter how good your intentions are, you're gonna get fucked at the first chance they have.
That said, the sunfag could have had the decency to give you the heads up for a duel. Then again, I'm the kind of faggot who cares for that honorabru dueru shit.

Goddamit people, stop trying to parry-snipe in low level invades. It's not exactly entertaining to do the leap attack X times because idiots don't know that you can't parry them.

The worst part was when I was invaded by dapper as fuck landsknecht…only for him to start spamming the parry and trying to get me with the hornet ring.

Wasted cosplay/10.

well done negro

Kek

Look at this fuccboi thinkin he cop a good fit. Lemme get home and I'll educate you a bit.

Not terrible for PvE, good enough damage for that, but you aren't going to win any PvP fights with it because the moveset is ultra predictable and it's outranged and outdamaged by every common PvP weapon.

Well, we all learn eventually.

The ultimate shitters are the password matchmaking faggots.
I think if you use that shit it should remove, or at least greatly increase the upper bound on your invasion level.
Aka if you level 50 and use it you can be invade by level 100's.

If I found a fag with that name, I'd summon him, let him fight the boss alone and then black crystal him away right before boss dies

Password matching fucks with your health and resistances big time. Like I am running a friend through the game to get him up to 120 so we can host fightclubs and I have 40 vig and when I am lowered down in his game I have something like 500hp, I actually have less hp and I take more damage from shit than he does. Like we were doing the blade dancer earlier and she one shot me at the end of her dance and he got hit and it only dropped him to like 25% and he only has like 25 vig. The damage difference though is real like my +5 Morne's Greathammer will still do 700 damage to invaders in his game with the weapon art.

Why does the Firelink set look so scrawny and awful?

The entire community is made up of faggots.
Muh coop faggots.
Muh honor faggots.
Muh duelling PvP faggots.

Probably to emphasize the idea that it's a empty husk. Meanwhile, shit like the Exile and Executioner sets make you look like a walking refrigerator (especially if your character has a large upper body).
But all in all, the fashion in this game is fantastic. Arguably one of its stronger points.

That said, why cut shit that's already in the game? Pics related.
Don't think they'll be in the DLC, besides maybe the Fire Keeper mask.

Speaking of which, what are your expectations for the DLC?
I'm hoping for fall of Anor Londo and the rise of Irithyll, with more on Sulyvahn and Gwynevere's daughters and a trip to Londor with maybe a appearance by Kaathe and more on the Manus fragment dotterus that we know are still around.
I'd also ask for them to make magic viable but every DLC they do has enemies/bosses with absurdly high magic defenses. I prefer melee builds but variety is always welcome.

probably because it's been used as living kindle for centuries

londor
something about ocelotte
something about wolnir

Bloodborne is a meme, nothing more

Because it wasn't designed as a box-art set.

The only thing I can stand to use on my female is dancer armor, which also happens to be some of the most efficient armor in the game…

I don't know…I think it looks pretty good.

wow its fucking nothing

BLOODBORNE WAS BETTER

Why is Estoc the best weapon in the game?

because poise is fundamentally flawed and scaling and infusions are laughably unbalanced

Because

But really, its the attack rate, its too fast.
You cant even get a parry out when someone is spamming you with it, unlike Dark Sword.

You have to predict parry the Estoc.

The Estoc is so easily countered it is not even funny. You just have to know how to parry and Estoc kids just melt. That or abuse something with longer range such as any of the spears. You can even cheese them with heavy weapons if you make use of their arts.

i like the fashion in this game

you mean predict parry
because you sure can't do a setup parry against it

cheesed the one in the archives with a dragonslayer bow

Parrying works best for me against them.

Setting up doesn't work like it does with Straight Swords.

Or tank one hit parry the second, two hits parry the third will work with Straight swords as well, but not with Estoc.

I would love to use other weapons in the game but Bestoc just gives insane strategic dominance it would feel like handicapping yourself if you use any other weapon.
Every time I'm invaded, all I need to do is wait is for the enemy to start a swing and I'm already stabbing him the third time and even if he tries to roll away the Estoc somehow hits them while rolling and they die.
The worst part is that you get the weapon from one of the starting classes.
In DaS2 I had to explore a little bit more to find the may may Guts' greatsword which I ended up using for the rest of the game.

I feel like DaS1 had the best balance in weapons overall. I never felt any weapon to bee too insane and each weapon was good in their own ways. I ended up playing the whole game through with Gargoyle Halberd

you can use anything in pve, my man

To each their own, then. On my end, I managed to cook up a few sets for my character and was pretty damn pleased with the results.
Here's some:
Set 1 - sellsword helmet / Black Hand armor / Wolf Knight gauntlets / Faraam boots
Set 2 - Sunless veil / Fire Witch armor / Pontiff Knight gauntlets / Sunless leggings
Set 3 - Sneering mask / Sunless armor / Pontiff Knight gauntlets / Pontiff Knight leggings
Set 4 - Black mask / Fire Keeper robe / Cornyx wrap / Leonhard's boots
Set 5 (not picture but I bet a lot of folks tried it) - silver mask / Drang armor / Morne's gauntlets / black leggings

Most weapons you can R1 spam will tear almost everything to shreds.
IIRC halberds are the token counter pick against the Estoc.

We had the same idea. :^)

I know but I want to play with friends occasionally and if I ember myself there's gonna be invaders
Bestoc has taken care of ALL invaders thus far.
I used Farron GS for some time but it felt lackluster because it opened me up too much and the swings on greatswords feel way too slow.
Estoc is still the way to go

people tend to overlook Lothric Long Spear but its a great weapon to counter super aggressive players and does great damage with massive range

if you're worried about getting invaded then you have at least one summon and using the best weapon in the game to 2v1 makes you a big ol' pussy, bro

from, why, pls

Your english is broken and I don't understand half what you're saying, but I am a pussy, so what.
If I can do something, why can't I do it?
Why can't I use summons and the best weapon if I am given the choice to do so? Oh, because I'm a pussy?
Wow, very legit reasoning.

I have personally carried over 300 hosts past the pontiff, dancer, twins and dragonslayer armour.

I make sure to always carry group healing and buffing miracles to maximize the hosts survival rates and always take on invaders with them sitting snugly behind in safety and very rarely actually lose to invaders and always prioritize carrying the hosts to victory over surviving myself.

I do it all while being in the sunlight warrior covenant and I do it specifically because I find it hilarious how genuinely angry hardcore PvP people get over the mere concept of co-op and the insane idea they have that this one yellow covenant is the problem when the entire community has been cancer since Demon's Souls.

I even do password matching every now and then specifically to help out people who request it and make sure all nearby PvPers know about the carrying I'm about to do.

My carrying crusade cannot be halted and there is no host left behind.

Anyone got a cracked version?

I got a 1.03 on Kickass with a good rating, but whenever I launch the setup, Avast/windows tells me there's a virus, so it doesn't want to launch it, while the 16 gb .bin is there… I suck at pirating.

Carrying and helping is fine, being a nigger that shits on the purple that just saved the host's useless ass is not fine at all

I hope you did it for the fact that he was forcing political bullshit into games and not because he wasn't shilling for your preferences, user.

BTW, I always see people saying that sorcery/magic in general is not viable in this game but I have to wonder if its because of the builds trying to be done?

Like the magic classes here are all pretty much long range things. You shouldn't be putting points into health but rather attunement. You should have your ashen and normal estus either equal or have more ashen, honestly.

Is it because people are trying to make battle mages? Lift wizards? Situp sorcerers? Cross-fit magicians?

This. Justice is blind.

I used to have a build like that for Dark souls.

I used it in Anor Londo.
I would heal the host, with miracles etc.

However, if I saw them host using Drake Sword I black crystaled out.

If they were creative, I wouldn't care.

I saw a phantom named Donald Trump and they were using the Havels Greatshield as a two handed weapon, aka the wall.
Probably the most memorable summon I did so far.
I also had a Artorias summon who went shieldless and when he his health hit half casted Power Within, for a second I thought he was an NPC.

If they guy called himself Bernie and used the Dark Hand leeching attacks or something along those lines to steal from others and give it to himself, he would get a summon. Because he would be just like Bernie :^)

But just calling yourself something and looking like a generic faggot is unacceptable and you will get ridiculed for it. Its like all the fucking people who call themselves Guts and then use a Dark Sword, a Greatshield and Ornsteins Armor set.

I dont know what it use with Ornsteins armor set, but its always shitters wearing it.

Yeah. Because using the best weapon in the game to gank makes you a pussy. I didn't say you can't do it, the game clearly allows it. But you ARE a pussy.

i want to know what they do to fire keepers that exposes them to the abyss.

It's because regardless of how you build them a sorcerer is always going to be less effective than a comparable level strength or dexterity build. 40 points into int gets you mediocre spell damage on things that cast slow, track poorly, are shorter ranged than most enemies aggro radiuses and take massive chunks of your stamina and FP comparable to greatsword usage. 40 points into str gets you really fucking good heavy weapons damage with hyper armor moves and acceptable swing speeds. 40 points into dex gets you really fucking good curved sword, thrusting sword and katana damage with good fast movesets, low stamina usage and you can even toss in a bow to plink at things from ranges further than casters can operate.

If ranged spells came out a little bit faster and/or had better range then sorcery would probably be fine but outside of bossfights most enemies in the game can close the distance from maximum lock-on range to melee faster than the three seconds it takes to cast a heavy soul arrow.

I want to know why they've suddenly become invincible

Congrats on being a faggot?

Doubting your story though, the healing miracles are complete shit range-wise and of almost absolutely no use in a boss fight, let alone PVP.

The only thing you have to do to piss off a red is simply exist and R1 spam with an estoc and greatshield. If you were legitimate you'd know this.

basically yeah.
my character was planed to be 18/40/60/12use the CSR mainhand, offhand the black knight shieldthe weaponskill shield you will need for twin princes and PvPused dragonslayer greatsheild for nameless king cause fuck he does alot of lightning damage and use either CSS or immolation torch for a casting catalyst if i dropped the sheild and the stance.

but the damage turned out to be shit even when i use everything to make it more powerful.

so now im quality/pyro or pyro, like everyone else.

they're undead like you.
and those who withstand the abyss are essentially unable to hollow.
its becasue the abyss has its own will and so does all the dark spells that draw upon it, whether you control the dark or it controls you depends entirely upon your willpower, those with weak wills end up like navlann or worse artorious.

Because high damage+fast attack and no poise. Dex just seems boring as hell this time around.

Then explain why the older firekeepers just died, why they were allowed to see

they were allowed to die and rest.

I'd like something dlc wise focusing on nito. We havent gotten much on him other than the fenite and malfenito from ds2 which were boring. And aldritch apparently having eaten nito.
Most likely scenario is we will get some dlc focusing on aldritch and his adventures of eating some of the old gods.

Why is Gwyndolin around to be eaten by the vorefag in this game when you beat him in DaS?

Because optional boss in 1
If killling him in 1 is cannon then either another darkmoon fuckup in the lore or just fanservice and le vattividya community speculationzzxDD

All I want is that they add new covenants with the DLC and they bring gravelords back

So where are my trophies going? I just maxed out the bonfire and beat Champion Gundyr last night and somehow neither of them gave me their respective trophies.

inb4

Chances are any new covenants would also be shitty and broken.

I HATE THIS.

Dammit gimme gravelordan back at least, that shit was the most fun covenant in the whole series

Why? It was just an armor with no bonus to fists whatsoever, unlike DaS1.

You think Dragonbros got fucked this time around? At least the transformation stones are still in the game. True suffering is having to live without a Gravelord covenant.

That filename should be "sentinels shortcut". Or would that be too on-the-nose?

Does Yuria die at the end of her questline?
I did her questline and beat the final boss. I then returned to firelink shrine and saw that her armor and weapon were there where she used to be.
You also only see 2 of the 3 sisters at the end of the cutscene like in 's post.

I don't know why people say that cause I summoned one guy for the Nameless King and he pretty much three shoted him with Crystal Soul Spear.

Not even a mention of Nito, either.

Really weird.

Although, I think one of the three pillars you have to extinguish to access the Abyss Watchers has a depiction of Nito on it.

But I can't remember a single item that gave any additional Nito lore.

Wait, the Farron Keep flames had images over them? Fug

Are there going to be 2 DLCs, or 3?
Fucking fuck

Yep,

Im pretty sure one is Nito, one is the Witches, and one is the Four Kings.

makes sense actually.

Btw I recommend using some of the spells without lock-on. Use the character's shoulders for aiming and start shooting. I'm not sure if you need to be on the lock-on range for some spells to start homing, but at least in PvP and bosses like Volnir it saves you time and lets you do more damage in shorter time.

Who the hell ever managed to get a look at the Four Kings and live to tell the tale other than the chosen undead?

I would braise those buns with the might of a thousand volcanoes erupting prematurely.

10/10 preference bingo right there

It's just a stylized rendition of four dudes with crowns.

The sitting dude kind of looks like the soul transposing guy in Firelink though, so that might not be the Kings. At least to me it looks like his legs are gone.

I didn't notice this either and went to look. That's kinda cool.

Four kings would have been known about by Ingward, or any one else who would have known about New Londo.

Remember New Londo was a city of the Undead.

Also the helmet of the abyss watchers closely resembles the Sealers, and essentially the Abyss watchers are doing the same thing the Sealers did, destroy anything at the first sign of the abyss.

I think those squiggles beneath them is abyss.

I think you're pulling a Vaati there, buddy.

Took me a minute to see that witch one as a hooded person in front of a tree and not a weird castle with a big front door.

Oh I couldent tell because of the fog when I looked but what I thought was a hole in the tree is a hood attached to a witch of izalith.

It was more of a theme thing I did. Light armour from the dragon covenant, with as much physical damage I could get from stats and items.
He was called Dragon Fist.

It was a ton of fun beating people up using only cestus and dodging everything.

Guess I'll just make a different fist theme build and call him… Gene or something.

It's like they ditched all the fun covenants and just copy-pasted more dickwraiths and slapped on a different coat of paint.

Mound Makers is the only fun one and only as long as you don't get stuck with shitter squads and massive retards

BTW, how many playthroughs do you think it would take to be able to acquire everything in this game? to 100% it so to say?

At least 3, since you can only get the +2 rings in NG++ and Nameless King has 3 transposable items instead of 2.
4 if you want to have everything at the same time, since you'd need to get both the princes' swords twice.

Exactly 3 if you don't miss things.

On one character, three runs (I think) but if you want to platinum it you need to complete it four times. It's worth noting that if you're after certain trophies then you have to sacrifice getting some others on that same run. For example you can't get the gesture trophy if you're going for all the rings trophy.

Feels bad man.

DLC exclusive

I doubt any DLC would overwrite all the bonfires in the whole game to make room for it.

Come to think of it, that removed mechanic explains some of the retarded bonfire placement and level design/shortcut choices.

What a faggot. If you're gonna bring politics into places it doesn't belong, be creative about it.

For instance, I got invaded by a guy named Bernie Cinders. Now that's pretty clever.

What mechanic is that

You were supposed to be able to make bonfires via human sacrifice.

Weren't we also suppose to be able to sheathe our weapons ?

Like Great weapons on our backs and swords at our hip ?

I genuinely try to put some effort into how my characters look.

Then why the fuck would you give her a huge scar across her nose?

Yeah, all equipped weapons were supposed to be visible at all times, but considering that 70% of the game's weapons are gigantic-fuck-you great weapons, they realized it looked silly.

Every undead needs to feel special.

You failed, but I can't entirely blame you because FromSoft's character creator has been fucked since Dark Souls 1 at a minimum.

That's not my creation, I basically quoted what Hawkwood says to you about Farron Keep when you put out the fire at the three towers.

Whoops, didn't check the ID.

forgot to add. First one is my first character Whitey Powers. Second two images are my pyro Fire Crotch

One thing I like to try to do in RPG games with classes and stats is to make characters that may be analogues to other sorts of characters.

Kind of provides a sort of meta challenge to get it right.

So, let's consider a few very popular ones today.

Captain America
Iron Man
Batman

I'd like to hear how you would make these sorts of analogues. For me, I have a few spitballing ideas.

Captain America is a strength based character using a round shield (the more powerful the better) but with bare minimum armor (yet a full set) his weapon could be a cestus or any other fist-type of weapon.

Iron Man will be a very heavily armored character. No shields. I'm thinking also coupled with sorcery or perhaps pyromancy (maybe both why not) because it would all mostly be long ranged battles.

Batman is a no-shield using barely armored fist fighter that will use throwable weapons (firebombs, knives, those things) and will be keenly into the use of status effects.

Any others or tweeks that make sense that you can think of?

If anyone doesn't mind me doing this, rate the style of these charcharacters' clothes and I apologise for the low resolution.

Dark Souls 1 has the best Cap cosplay because Crystal Ring Shield.

I can't for the life of me make a girl not have a fucking butterface. What's the trick to make pretty faces?

Mario is a lightly armoured fistfighter who would specialise in jumping attacks and pyromancies. He would also rely on ambushing invaders from above, as well.

Dark Souls 2. He needs that butterfly chestpiece so he falls slower.

I want the Dancer of the Boreal Valley to find clarity and peace in her life.

It's the hardest boss in this game, I know. Focus on good lips and eyes and the rest will come together.

You can lower the cheekbones a bit for more neotenous eyes and there are other such examples of altering one thing that changes something else.

It's a good idea, user but the examples trigger my PTSD from all the bloody Joker builds in DaS2 and Bloodborne.
Anyway, a very easy one: light armor, brigand twindaggers and short bow - Strider from Dragon's Dogma.
There were Metal Gear Rising builds for DaS2 that were pretty neat, especially the Sundowner build that swapped between dual interlocking greatshields to dual machetes when HP got to half.

I'd say use Astora preset as base and work from there.

To be fair, you can know change appearance and the sliders are more "formula note" friendly. I think Bloodborne allowed for better looking characters though; there's something really odd with how skin reflects light in this game (for the longest time, I thought Orbeck was wearing a metal mask).

pic 2 was supposed to be a trap but ended up as some kind of boislut homogay

I had butterface (pic 3) for a long time until I went to the "masculine/feminine" slider and pulled it back towards masculine a fair bit, same on the brown waifu.

She still looks kinda strange but not nearly as bad as she was before
brown girls with wide jaws are my fetish pls no bully

also taking feedback and suggestions for improvement

So it turned into you?

yes actually and no I'm not posting anywhere outside of >>>/cuteboys/

Yea darksouls 2 was easier for nice faces. Well I still saw a lot of shit faces then but yea 3 is fucking hard.

The trick is to base it off someone attractive and with a balanced face and to make sure it looks good from the front AND side.

Pic 1; First is my latest creation. Looks the best from most angels. 2 was an older character (looks a bit off) but otherwise decent and the third is the hideous slack jawed default fromsoft fucbitch.

I based part of it off the sideview of pic related and it turned out decent. The front can be whatever but there are some universal facial rules to balance you may want to research as well. Also one of my das2 characters. E.Z.P.Z

whatafak m9

I know pls help

I am used to making BEEFY DUDES and real human beans like pic related, how do I make a qt girl or trap?

nigger what the fuck is with those eyes

anime isn't real life.

is this better?

Maybe it's the angle, but the first one in your first pic looks like she's cross-eyed and has massive lips. The second one honestly looks the most like a normal person out of the three.

Nice way better but still a bit of an odd face. Try making sure it looks good from the side as well. A good side will quickly help make a good frontal view.

Already told you breh. You can do it you just gotta try!

We really could do with a DS3 waifu competition on Holla Forums if anyone is up for the challenge. Remember to post your customization settings when you show your waifu.

Meh, the character creation is garbage in this game.

Dark Souls 2 was the golden age of Souls waifus.

I got real good at making em too.

You just wanna steal my waifu…..

What about Bloodborne being the golden age of souls waifus?

Never played it.

People do say its was pretty good though.

I dont get how they went from good, to good, then back to shit.

You mean Good, Good, Terrible, Good, Okay?

I'd say it was "radioactive waste, okay, good, great, dogshit"

DaS2 was horseshit and you know it. The only good thing about it was the variety of clothing options. It had shitty hitboxes boring bosses and the scenery was lacking and uninspired.

oh shit I thought we were only talking about character creation, my ranking of the series in terms of everything actually important is DaS1 > BB > DaS3 > DeS > DaS2

I found a nice looking set.
Herald Helm, Assassin Armor, Nameless Knight Gauntlets, Cathedral Knight Leggings.

I exclusively use the heavy infused Longsword or heavy infused Lothric Sword.
Am I a shitter?

My negro. The left gauntlet really goes well with that left shoulder. I wear the Black Hand armor, which is similar to the Assassin one except it has a cape, and I also use the Knight Leggings because those soles look beautiful.

I just realized the 5 Lords of Cinder correspond vaguely to the 4 Knights + Smough
God I am fucking slow

Aldrich = Fatty
Artorias = Abyss Watchers
The rest ???

Man I would totally wear this shit if I was going Cleric or something
This is like Holy to the max

Good work on the DaS2 character.
My character in 3 looks similar to your third. Again, I think Astora preset is the easiest base to work with.

Artorias - Abyss Walkers
Ornstein - Lorian because gold armor?
Ciaran - Ludleth because small?
Gough - Yhorm because giant?
Smough - Aldrich because vore?

With all due respect and even knowing that this game's lore is a complete fanwank, I think that's pushing it.

I wanted to rock Sneering Mask / Archdeacon's Robe / Brass Gauntlets / Leggings of Favor for my battle pope build but the game really seems to hate non-pure physical builds, even for bleepin' PvE.
I'll reserve those sorta builds for the DLC. Hopefully, it will save magic builds like how Bloodborne's DLC completely redeemed Arcane (both in viability and fun factor).

Fucking retards who summon more than 1 phantom for the Nameless King so the health scaling goes through the roof
And then they let us do the work because they are fucking dumbasses who have run out of estus
I swear to fuck the next time some shitter in Artorias armor summons me I will black crystal home.

Go blog about this on your shitty tumblr.

What a disappointment NG+ is.

I bet they're going to peddle gravelords as DLC.

Artorias shitter detected

new thread when?

Whenever someone can be fucked I guess

fml

also
fashion souls

Is there a way to trick the Steam servers into thinking my pirated copy is legit, so I can do some online play?

If you like the game and want to play online, why not just buy it?
Last time I looked on kingquin it was around 30-40 bucks, or g2a arena

I'm afraid of suffering from buyer's remorse. I keep buying these games for the multiplayer, but end up not finding anyone to play with–or the fact that I have no friends to end up getting into dumb shenanigans with, like the people on YouTube.

Plus, $30-40 is still pretty steep for a game these days. I know it's fairly new, but I'd rather wait for a huge sale before getting it.

There's some crack by reloaded I think for the pirated version to play online with other pirated copies and it's less shitty than the real online.

I playd DaS1 200 hours, felt great, payued 5 euro
I bought DaS2 on launch day, 50 shekels, i played 60 hours, many werent even fun.
I bought DaS3 on launch day, 77 hours already, no regrets and I haven't even finished the game yet.
I've spend good 10 hours in anor londo doing PvP, and another 10 at least hosting fight clubs.

I enjoy it, no regrets, and what hypes me as well is the jewish DLC that will add content.
I am no fan of DLC's, I think its jewy what they do, but the game is fun.

The only problem might be poise, cant decide if its good as it is or not.

But I gotta tell you, using dried fingers, summoning 1 friend and then going through areas with way of the blue is just great.

I should add that game has a buggy netcode that might piss you off.
It happens quite often that my hits just go through enemies when I'm hosting, while phantoms can hit eachother, including me, with no problem, but i'm disconnected from even my own phantoms, I cant heal them nor buff them, but it bugs out after 1-2 invaders come or go.

New thread gents