Visual Novel Thread: Shill Edition

I'd like to share a project we've been working on, anons. A few of us wanted to take the meek step up from just idea guys and actually make something. Since we're retarded when it comes to programming, the best we could come up with was a visual novel.

takujin.itch.io/sleeping-politicians-demo

We currently have the hour-long opening of the game as a playable demo. It's about Brazilian spies in a distant Balkan land, with no lewd content yet. No shekels required. Tell us what you think if you have the time and the strength to go through it.

This can also be a general visual novel thread. (inb4 not vidya, deal with it) What are you going through now? Any releases up and coming? Recommendations to inspire our work?

I'm don't know if you realise but that shit looks like some of the shit I jacked off to on Newgrounds when I was around 12 over ten years ago.

That's not a compliment.

What's important is that you jacked off to it.

Just from those screenshots, I think you should increase the art budget. It's far better than something like Hackers vs Banksters but it could be much, much better.
I do hope you guys succeed in putting out a finished game. Do your very best and make sure girls can kiss girls

DUDE SPOIL THAT SHIT

We don't have a budget. It's just 4 weebs using their spare time on something other than slowly killing themselves.

Our resident illustrator is improving with each passing day, however. You should have seen the earlier designs. Thanks for the support!

What the fuck did you make me google? That shit costs real dollarydoos? Wow. Maybe we should be so bold…

Yuri, however, isn't likely to happen due to the nature of the plot. Gomenasai.

I'm on my mobile but I might check it out when I get home. I just wanted to post and say that I'm getting a real welcome to the nhk vibe from reading the OP. mind telling us any stories on how you came together to work on it?

It is quite simple.

There's 4 of us: the codemonkey, the illustrator, the musician and the writer (that's me, doubling as a sort of PR guy). We've been friends for quite some time now, and I'm the eldest and only one with a job. The musician is also my brother. The three of them, particularly the codemonkey, got fed up with being NEET all day long and decided to do something, anything as a team. Soon enough, some ideas old and new from the illustrator sprung up, and codemonkey and the illustrator surprised us with a quickie test VN they did in an afternoon fucking around in Ren'py. So it was decided. I'm not sure how similar this is to NHK (haven't seen it), but we do share a common love for JoJo if that's anything to go by.

We want to see where this will lead. We've been winging it at the start, but now we have a much more organised development plan. Over half of the novel has been planned out, and we're surprised how much we have achieved. Of course, there's always room for improvement, particularly in time management.

Just talk about the plot already. Are the jews the bad guys ? If not it's trash.

Now, now, user. That would be spoiler territory.

REEEEEEE
Well I'll try your shit when I'm home. I've always wanted to create a VNs because I like intricate stories where your choices actually matter.

The demo doesn't have plenty of choices, its purpose is to establish the setting, so don't expect miracles. The full game will have branching paths.

I'll make sure to pirate it when it comes out on steam's Early Access program then

We're not that degenerate, user, but I'm pleased you'd think so.

Just don't be as retarded as Yanderedev and you might just finish your game.

Did anything happen? I don't really keep up with Yandere Sim, but I'd love to play it.

He spends 8 hours a day reading all the e-mail he receives on several e-mail adresses and is too retarded to have someone do this for him or even just have all the adresses redirect to once client.
Basically he's just literally autistic and his code is shit but it's a good game idea and he's actually trying so we're all waiting for it.

As long as it gets done, all is good.

Did that Ebola-chan vn I remember seeing previews of back in 2014 ever get a release of some kind?

Reminds me of the kinds of games Lemmasoft used to make before it was taken over by LGBT safe-spacers and is now Twine central 2.

Keep on improving the sprite art.

Holy shit.

I have to be blunt.

That art is absolutely awful. That's like a 12-year old just discovered DeviantArt and uploaded a few practice scribbles.

And the backgrounds look like they were done in Powerpoint.

user, I'm sorry. The aesthetics are horribly amateurish.

Forgot to mention:

The title screen is very plain, but it looks better than the other screenshots.

Get a couple hundred bucks and find some weeb on deviantart that isn't as shit as whoever you have doing your art, and commission all your characters then do the backgrounds with filtered stock photos.

Protip for any dev of anything: never do your own art, it's always cheaper and better to find someone whose time is less valuable and skill is higher to do it. You're better off finding a minimum wage job to work for however many hours you were planning on spending on the art, then using that money on an artist.

Correction: The aesthetics are horribly amateurish.

I'll let them know they're worthless, no worries. That happens every day anyway!