Nobody asked for it, but here it is

nobody asked for it, but here it is.

i've always found movies more enjoyable in groups that contextualize and lead on together with their themes. one day i decided i would create the largest head canon playlist of movies possible with as much consistant world building between them as possible. so after several months of research, watching films, and writing the explanations for how they connect and organising them together i have come up with the series of images for your enjoyment

the series stretches from the beginning of reality, follows our prehistory, mediaval times, renaissance, all the way to modern times and continues going into the future as far as possibly depicted on screen.

enjoy the list or just laugh at my ridiculous autism as i dump the entire list. whatever floats your boat

Other urls found in this thread:

projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/futurehistory.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Recklessly wanton autism. Good work.

Thanks user.
I'll read it =^_^=

Would godfather part 2 be included with the godfather as a single section as well as the rest of the dollars trilogy and once upon a time in the west under The Good the bad and the ugly?

(checked)

i do not see why not.

there is still a lot of things that could fit in

this is the good autism

Yeah I figured they would fit in there. And you're right this list could definitely still be expanded, (seven samurai seems like an obvious inclusion since other kurosawa works are in) but this is also a good starting base to work with as well.
Also gonna make a torrent file with all these movies since I think I have files of a lot of them anyway. Would make it easier for everyone to power watch all of them.

What's the point?

fun.

see them as continious sequals, i find it satisfying to see settings and plots move gradually along and progress past the "and they lived happily ever after". there is no such thing as a fukiyamist end to history and i made this list to reflect that in film

Is determining the point of anything even possible?

I got tired after reading 2 of them. Needs a better format

Gud shit

I was thinking just the other day why there isnt a history franchise like movie series, just like this

Most kikewood shit is full of bullshit and propaganda, so i only watch after actually knowing the history

lrn 2 speed read.
Just read the titles of the movies and the header of each section. It'll make sense

Which version of macbeth are you using for this list?

Is Falling Down included?

fuck, it's included, OP is a genius

Yes it is

mid 80s
missing To live and die in LA

What Creed/Rocky has to do with anything?

You put The Hurt Locker in New Millenium but no Strange Days for late 90s?

the shot i used for that list is from the Polanski version (it was the only version i'd seen at the time and it fit visually with the other Shakespeare feature, Henry V) but i'm not opposed to using the Fassbender version which would fit visually with the previous Valhalla Rising.

its up to personal taste i suppose

after 33 it really gets good

the original rocky is included because its an excellent snapshot of 1970s New York. like the other franchise entries like rambo or Ip Man they show a gradual flow of time and change of style and technology with the times while giving the viewer a familiar character to base their perception around.

I'm gonna go with the polanski version as that one seems to be more well regarded, may include both though. Also there's 228 movies here in total which means I better clear up my hard drive

i did consider strange days because i needed more movies to give that Cyberpunk aesthetic (not an easy task mind you besides the ones i've listed are just some real dodgy b movies and a few south east asian movies that were too stylistically differant like Avalon), i decided against it because the technology is a little divergent from the setting (if only it wasn't set in 1999 i could ass pull that its set a couple years before Blade Runner)

Why not Raging Bull? And where is Fight Club? Where's American Graffiti? Dazed and Confused? Chinatown?

and

Clerks

Mall Rats

SLC Punk

Office Space

it's not covering the grunge 90s

as he said here lots of shit could fit in this is just a framework

There's mid 90s missing

Maybe he didn't post that slide

I think he never saw those movies or cared for that period and was eager to jump to the SF slides.

Maybe so yeah, There's a lot of shit missing honestly, especially since he started including anime and mamoru oshii works specifically. I still think the idea is cool though

theirs definitely room for more 90s stuff, i kinda wanted to keep everything to the 6 entry format tho hence why some things aren't on here. originally pulp fiction and blood diamond are also in the era but got cut.

i like that its generating discussion, the goal is largly for people to marathon it and then add even more entries they feel fit in their own setting

I'll read this tonight or if I have time over the weekend. Good work user.

You actually listed pulp fiction in early 90s.
The biggest missing one is goodfella's actually especially since so many other scorsese movies are up there. It's a cool concept for sure though I really dig it

Fight Club ends with a very decisive destruction of the financial industry which would be an economic collapse that happens too early for the rest of the series. which is a shame because i wanted that grimy late nineties early 00s angst

Also missing the serial killers. The Silence of the Lambs, Manhunter, Se7en, Zodiac, Natural Born Killers

Yeah, it's already there. Has no place.

Oh and where is Die Hard? Make a connection between it and movies about 9/11

Ok. Makes sense.

The Nu-Metal era

include wrestlemania x7 for peak numetal

good point actually, i don't know how i didn't include that seeing as how it goes from the pretty solid 90s setting to the modern technological espionage in the later films

If you included die hard then technically the rest of the die hard series would become cannon too which would probably not work with your current timeline

Put it one one image.

Speed then. Also Three Kings.

31:: The Thing
33 : Morgan, Dredd or Judge Dredd

Minority Report

Event Horizon, Lockout, Pandorum

Johnny Mnemonic

Mistake in the year of Glory

Jesus Christ user, I will read, I see you included LOTR and Noah so you are definitely including some GOOOD kino in this and I appreciate it.

Those are all absolute garbage that nobody wants included

The file-size will likely be to big to post

I think we can all agree to just include the first Die Hard and forget the rest since it is the best one obviously that does what it sets out to do the best.

Nah those flicks aren't really needed.
But Minority report is needed because its kino
So I second Minority Report

This reminds me, with this fucked up shithole that is earth and humanity we need to eventually have a digital kino library on a space ship or base or something that can stand the test of time. We can include this playlist as a standard thing. Thinking about all the films being lost really upsets me.

dr strangelove can't be there, at the end of it a nuclear exchange destroys humanity and all the characters escape into a bunker

This is the pure autism that inspires people, user. I haven't read all your shit, doubt I ever will, but I'm glad you exist and you posted your autism, unafraid of criticism. The man in the arena, etc.
Today was a good day.

He included all versions of Rocky, so he'd have to do the same with Die Hard

nah and i never liked rocky either so id skip those

I'm actually fucking impressed by your turbo autismo user, and I might just join you in your dumb but glorious and so fucking interesting project.

Putting a lot of artwork strangers to each others in a way way bigger plane, as a restropective of how the collective human ethos pictured it's own history is incredible.

Please, keep us in the loop.>>940294

You should publish a book, user. I'd read it.

Fucked my last post.
Maybe some movies like Dark City, Se7en, The Game, The Crow, From Dusk Til Dawn or Blade, The Usual Suspects could portray the 90's pretty well.

holy shit what an autist, go get laid or smthing kiddo

He seems intelligent and attractive. The Zizek of Holla Forums.

t. Girl

Dark City is in the last slides.

Se7ev should be there. The Game too, if it has Falling Down.

From Dusk Till Dawn and Blade are with vampires, it's a different timeline.

your suffering from internalized misogyny, seek help

My bad, jumped on the subject a bit hastily.

Ehhgh.. OP should present this in a better format.

His name was Thomas Anderson.

Fug, mixed it up with Paul atriedes.

Originally the concept of gods silence played a larger role and characters like Joan of arc, neo and Paul atriedes were ment to represent a messianic "hand of god"

You gotta end with a better film than Dune

like what? what movie goes beyond that date?

Just noticed there's no Gattaca.

I don't know but I just feel Dune wasnt good idk

There's a lot of shit wrong and a lot of movies missing. This feels more like a preview of what could be.

Gattaca is bio punk instead of cyberpunk, it's also not really addressed again in canon

The time machine goes past it but it's present in 1901 is not really conclusive

Saving all of this for future reading, thanks user, this is impressive.

This is autism of inspiring beauty user.

here, have a ubvote

Fascinating work. Much appreciated!

no it wasnt sperglord, read a book nigger, a lot of these movies are shit, might be an interesting format but especially the stuff about actual events is mostly shit, you are just repeating revisionist hollywood propaganda, suprised Schindlers List isnt in there, you are probably a moderate polack and im guessing straya cunt? The Lawrence of Arabia one is well said

guess what im saying is that your headcannon is pretty pleb in a lot of places

You forgot to put The Birth of a Nation (1915) on there.

What was the biggest battle then?

That is sort of the point. It's not meant to be 1:1 Historically accurate. I mean it begins with lord of the rings. The way the perception of history is distorted by media attention is sort of the theme hence why it's called history as myth

Also does anyone know if theres any decent movies about Charlemagne or Muslim occupied Spain in the 700s period. So far between the end of the Romans and 1000ad is just I big black hole.

Dune is kino you faggot.

IATA

I can't think of any right now but I'll look around and see what I can find

No it isn't its literally a piece of trash and Lynch knows it

I made the first ten posts into two pictures. If we wanna make this a team effort someone else can do some.

This shit is so broken you'd have to start from scratch.

what? it goes like this. i was retarded when i did it but i dont think its out of order

No, the naming of the 'categories' is FUBAR, and the selection of films is so mainstream it gives me a headache.

You don't have to watch shit you dont want, many of them are good and mainstream like Barry Lyndon, Noah and Marie Antoinette.

Things like 12 years a slave, django unchained and gangs of new york I would personally skip

Their mainstream because it's meant to be a representative of the common group think.

healthy than the faggot stalker at /sp/

Great OC OP. Interesting read.

Reminds me a little bit of this:
projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/futurehistory.php

bump

user, your autism is wasted on shitposting when you could turn this brilliant idea into a bestseller.

I say all that to say, good fucking job. This is great.

bump because i need to save these images sometime

That movie was literally Postal 2. It was fun to watch.

bumpo

i did have the idea to do a video series, but i'd like to learn how to do the scripting and editing first.

Still working on the torrent, will post it here when ready, guessing over 600 gb of movies probably