Where is that new Super Mario game, Nintendont?

Where is that new Super Mario game, Nintendont?

why is neotendo so fucking terrible?

epic thread

epic post
>>>/cuckchan/
get out of my board

It's not "neo", nintoddlers were like that since nes.

Make us bitch nigger

=NEW= Super Mario Bros

fuck off hipster

They're waiting for the trainwreck, I mean NX

What if Mario was a miner instead of a plumber? Sounds interesting?

I have located the doubles.
Also

Would you play a Minecraft or Terraria clone featuring Mario and friends?

Except for Sunshine and Galaxy which you apparently forgot about

They had the gameplay nailed down, but not the aesthetic. Mario 64 had this empty feeling that really gave the game its charm. Made it really feel like Bowser fucked niggas up and you were seeing the consequences of it. Sunshine and Galaxy felt too dense, Sunshine outright had people chilling out in certain levels, although some of the bonus stages came close to the right idea, it still wasn't there.

No, and I know that's bullshit because I sat down and played through Mario 64 and then mario sunshine, and it's just not even in the same league.

I mean you're comparing dreamlike levels that feel like they're from a sureal painting with the comfiest music ever, to a vacation resort with shit-tier repetitive music.

You guys can't even agree on what 64's aesthetic was, but you're sure willing to shitpost about a third guy who has yet another opinion.

That's some nice headcannon you got there.

We already got plenty, why rush out another one?

Sunshine was close had it not forced the jetpack on you, but Galaxy's controls are far definitely more stripped down compared to 64, which eventually led to 3D Land/World and their even more streamlined control.

No one has even mention Metroid in this thread. Why? :(

It still holds up pretty well today, mostly due to the usage of skyboxes as backgrounds and the cartoony look of the levels and characters.

There are a lot of old games that have dated horribly, but Mario 64 is definitely not one of them.

The people complaining about Mario being stale probably complained about Sunshine, the one that tried to change the formula a little and the best Mario game to date.

>Bowser didn't steal the Power Stars and fuck up the castle, locking everything and everyone away in painting worlds

?????????????

Let dead sleeping dogs lie, emoticonfag.

So why is this IP allowed a pass for doing the same fucking thing since the early 90s?

Minecraft on the Wii U has Mario stuff in it. It's technically the latest game to have Mario added.

Good thing SM3DW is one of the very few games I actually have a physical copy of because for some unknown reason it has bad loading times using Loadiine no matter what SD card you use. If you pirate SM3DW you're going to be sitting through one initial long loading time to get to the menu screen then some poor loading times for each individual stage. It's not as bad as Bloodborne at launch loading times, but annoying enough. The legit physical copy loads quickly so I dunno what the problem is with trying to load it off an SD card.

surely you jest. they literally do everything besides make games. its actually ridiculous how many other endeavors they constantly chase to avoid making actual games. this company is an absolute disgrace.

I'm sure they have it lined up as a launch title for NX unless they're seriously going to rely on a multiplat Zelda.

The games exist solely as a reason for them to sell new amiibos.

Nintendo has officially given up and want you to buy the Mario game engine (aka Super Mario Maker) and just make the next Mario game yourself.

But let's be honest, do you even want a new Mario game? It's going to be the same "New" crap that looks like EA would release it on a yearly basis, and half the game will be locked behind amiibos.

The "New" SMB games are a different side series. You might as well act like all Mario games are Mario Kart.

Too many small files.

Only if I could be bowser or boo or waluigi or shyguy.

Friendly reminder:Nintendo didn't advertise the nes as a video game console.

Why is SM3DW so fucking boring? It looks fun, has neat level design and absolutely gorgeous 60fps visuals as well as decent appropriate music all the way through yet I can't stop yawning when I play it.

Is it because the controls themselves haven't innovated?

Only in the US and only not at first. Coming off the market crash of the 80's, no store would carry videogame consoles. NoA's genius stroke was to market them as learning devices and including Robb the robot in the deal.

super mario maker is the ultimate mario game, at least on 2d regard

Its the terrible NSMB mechanics leaking over into the game. That's to say, unnecessarily limiting how game mechanics can be used and make everything floaty as hell.

For example, would it really break the game if you could do very short wall jumps? Not really, but let's add in a minimum distance it pushes you anyway.

Now apply that sort of logic to everything, and you get 3D World.

It already exists, fam.

Mincraft on Wii U has heaps of exclusive Nintendo themed shit.

Sunshines gameplay was good, it's just the entire game takes place on a vacation resort and constantly loops really fucking obnoxious music.

Plus that ending where bowser shows up out of nowhere was disgraceful

The only time I had fun playing that game was when I was playing with at least one other person, playing it solo is awful.

But I actually enjoyed NSMB as well as NSMBW. I don't know why I didn't have much fun with this game despite all the neat things it did with nearly every level.

You keep posting this even though you're wrong. Why?