1v1

How do I get my battle fix if most games are completely onesided ?

Well, OP, that depends. What time of games are you playing?

anyway nice trips

Have you considered fighting games?

This is every single multiplayer game, OP.

keep the ones who beat you around

Try fighting games, dork souls pvp or dota if ye dare.

Tried street fighter. Not my thing.
Tried GG, mediocre at it but enjoy it a lotMight go for it.

Tried dank souls. After a full run through the game don't feel like touching it anymore.

Used to play dota. Don't want to touch it anymore.

This might be the way, but it's usually difficult to pull off.

I don't recommend assfaggots, but I think that Smash has a lot of Tug-of-War feel to it.

This is why I hate rushing in RTS games and think that everybody who supports it is worthless. It's boring. It's so fucking boring a bot could do it because when you rush and play meta then you're almost guaranteed to be using some canned pre-packaged moveset and build order. I hate it. Imagine if people played chess and then just stopped after the first eight moves. That's what rushing in RTS games is like. No variation, no dynamism, no valiant struggle between two enemies, nothing but flopping your flaccid dick around for five minutes because the other guy hasn't even built his dick yet.

I HATE IT

hey, BFG: Armada recently? I haven't been playing much since it was released but just because busy.

With their matching system you should be facing better players. I herd they nerfed elder so maybe that is it?

Besides BFG: Armada the skilled plyer base has mostly moved on.

Try WARGAME: Red Dragon(I think it is on sale) for a better player base but there is a high learning curve but if you read a wiki intro on combined arms you'll pick it up. there are a shit ton of videos on youtube about it. also a chat. the 10v10 is glorius to me. total chaos people dropping, people quitting, petty egotistical fueds between players over friendly fire escalatres into losing the right side of the map. 10km by 10km I think. planes and heli and apcs and amphib and ships and jets and napalm and hundreds of units all of real world NATO or PACT.

inb4 shill. I don't give a fuck if you play it. I think you would like it. I like it so much I made a board about it /warchat . its purty shhurty

What build did you make? A strength build is different to a dex build is different to a faith build is different to an int build is different to a pyro build is different to a roleplay build is different to any combination of the above. Try something radically different, and you'll squeeze even more life out of the game.

t. 385 hours

In BFG:A they did nerf eldar but they are still ridiculously mobile and I'm playing orks which are probably the slowest in the game. They make me look like a really slow raid boss with telegraphed attacks.
They can be countered with certain favors like the long range boarding but it takes a ton of renown to get to em.
Chaos also runs a lot but are more tolerable. Imperium probably gives the best fights.

It is still among the better things though.

I find wargame difficult to get into. I don't understand millitary vehicles very well so when I purchase a unit like a humvee with a particular gun on top I have no idea what it is supposed to be good against.

Was full strength. Tried sorcerer but it feels really slow.
Dex might be an option but the idea of starting from scratch doesn't sit well.

That happens a lot with rushing.
But there are worse things than that.

In tiberian sun there is something like a midgame rush.
The enemy makes one unit that is a fast air transport and one unit that is incredibly good against buildings.
He carries this unit to your base on his ridiculously fast transport, lands it next to your base and the unit starts hammering at your main.
Your main base dies within 7-8 seconds of this.
If you had infantry they are so slow they cannot even circle the building by the time this thing has destroyed it. Even if they reach in time they do piss poor damage against this vehicle. The only counter is heavy units around the base or something to intercept this transport in the air.
I always thought C&C was great but these sorts of strats are just disgusting. And really easy to pull off once you know that one particular build.

Pure sorcerer is a little tricky in the early game, but if you know what you're doing you can steam-roll everything even into NG+7

Here's what I do every time I make a new character. Maybe it'll help you get more enjoyment from the game.

If you want to be even more efficient, grab a firekeeper soul as early as you can and use the duplication bug to give yourself 10+ humanity for that extra defence boost and item discovery.

Oh, and you can clean out all the souls and large titanite shards from the Blighttown swamp if you want to upgrade your weapon.

Don't talk shit about what you don't know about.

I literally, L I T E R A L L Y mentioned chess openings. Except chess is better than RTS rushing because the game doesn't just fucking END after the first 8 moves and you actually have a chance to branch out and develop more fluid and natural strategies.

Pick a decent fighting game, spend a few days or weeks gitting gud at the basic systems in training mode and with online randoms, then join a community of like-minded people that are as dedicated to the game as you are without being obsessive elitist tourneyfags about it.

Make a custom map, give yourself some good defenses in a 7vs1 scenario. 6vs2 can also work if you want a bot ally. Disable Trebs and cannons.

Bonus points if you give the enemy proper defenses too, chokepoints to break through, maybe even spawn enemies until specific buildings are destroyed, that sorta thing.

That's the way I managed when it came to AoE2.

I want to cuddle that lion

for starcaft 2 i usually give my shitty opponents a little more space if they are shit/ avoid full rushes of course it fucks with my w/l but i tend to get more satisfying games out of it.

git average?

have you heard about exanima? it is early access but is pretty interesting, you can find a torrent on kat, it is a physics based dungeon crawler, there's no level system, just your skills and equipment(and drunken fight at the start)

Good game that doesn't get onesided very much is smash bros.
Smash 4 is a good one because the techs aren't very hard.
Hop on for glory and if you don't get matched with little jimmy you get a pretty nice duel. The tides of the battle can be turned very easily and you can win even tough you're losing because of the mechanics of smash.
Laggy matches are very very frustrating though.

ArmA 2 and 3 are the only good answers. Try a 1v1 sniper match, nothing can best how tense they are.

Try fighting games.
If you get a worthy opponent the adrenaline rush can feel amazing.

well there's your problem.

I would say fighting games but you said you're not into them so I would suggest some form of Turn based strategy. Or you could try FPS

My experience with wargame was

play a non skill based game