Galactic civilization 3 vs Masters of Orion 4

Galactic civilization 3 vs Masters of Orion 4

Which one Holla Forums ?

Which one has the better combat system ?
AI ?
More customization to your race?
Better mechanics ?

wait is MoO 4 out already?

nope, EA still

Have you already played Endless Space to exhaustion?

Neither. Just looking for a space game to scratch the space strategy itch.

How to get Distant Worlds: Universe working?

I really don't want to install IE and shit.

I take this chance to shill Star Ruler 2, be sure to get the expansion

Going to hijack this thread.
I want to play some space sim games where I can create a civilization, trade with alien species, and enslave and destroy everything that stands against me, any recommendations?

that is what most space rts are about man

Stellaris

haha

Well GC3 eventually becomes a cross between a United Nations simulator and Jews. I think you'll spend more time making sure your ships don't become outdated than actual space combat. A lot of micro management. It can be infuriating having an enemy secretly build his fleet around countering yours. Mostly because in lower difficulties the active fleet number will be at around 1-200 ships per faction, while at higher difficulties where building ships takes longer, have higher upkeep, and research happens at a snails pace you're looking at around an average 30-60 ships for the strongest factions. Not to mention it's essentially a lottery when you first begin the game.

Oh boy.

Somewhat off-topic ranting shitpost, based off the second image:

Uncreative faggots making their fictional sentient species designs just talking animal-people is supreme laziness, the kind of shit that makes Bethesda's bug-testers look like 80s Jap game devs in terms of commitment.

The only way you could be any lazier in your ayy species design was if you went the Star Trek route of "weird colored humans with deformed faces", and at least original series Star Trek had the justifications of low budget and its creator thinking it made the characters more relatable, neither of which fly as excuses nowadays when you can make unique ayys now and people will instantly sympathize with and deeply desire to fuck literally anything established as fully-sentient.

Less space furfags, more ayys please. I don't even care if they're all just Cthulhu clones, big-ass bugs or variations of greys at this point, literally anything is better than space yiff. Fuck it, I'd even take the Star Trek option in a pinch, as long as they were written well and there was some justification for why the galaxy is almost all convergence-evolved human species.

I like how Star Control 2 handled it's aliens. Sure you had your space yiffs and recoloured humans but also some really interesting "alien" species like the Mycon and the Orz. Not to mention both Ur-Quan species.

The more furry species there are the more there is for me to shoah.

Haven't played MoO4, or any in the series.
I have GalCiv 3, and it is shit. Just get the old version, there's literally next to no difference, the AI is better, and it doesn't run as ass lategame.

we come we come
in peace

I just wish there was a well-made series that used neat concepts for ayys, even endlessly-recycled ideas, with absolutely-zero space furries. It's not hard or impractical to do, pop culture has already made plenty of templates for ayys, and the near-infinite possibilities for life developing/being artificially-designed in space let you make almost anything happen, provided you have even passing knowledge of evolutionary theory and just how goddamn weird space is with which to at least half-assedly justify all the strangeness.

We don't need space yiff at all, it's perfectly-possible to make entirely non-furry ayys, and if it saps so much creative energy that devs can't make a shitload of ayy races at once for their vidya as they usually do, that just means the lessened total number of ayy types get more effort and thought put into each of them.

Instituting the furfag holocaust is always fun, I'll give you that, but it's even better if there's no furfags in existence to necessitate such a holocaust in the first place. Besides, there's always plenty of opportunities to go full exterminatus on true ayys, especially if they're big enough retarded twats to rival furries anyways and thus readily deserve it.

You're drunk, Johan

I holocaust everyone that isn't human and white/Asian if given the chance.

Yeah I know right? Humanity would be hard core fascist by the time we reach space wars with aliens. Democracy/republic would never push for the stars because they are too cucked for social programs and "mah social justice " and "mah fix our problems on earth first" Bullshit to gaze up at the stars and strive for greatness and true progress for humanity.

From what I've seen of Noo-Moo, it's dangerously close to a meme game (le funny advisors) and doesn't offer much actual, you know, gameplay.

Ayyyy lmao

That's more or less right.
A fascist dictatorship is certainly needed for humanity to progress. All the currently living human garbage needs either to be reeducated or die off and new generations have to be raised right. But if we reach a point where every human is a strong and intelligent overman and can provide and think for himself and his family no matter the circumstances, then would this kind of system really be needed anymore? A strong leadership with an emperor with unlimited power (who would be the strongest man of all) would still be needed but I think that would be enough

By using technology spearheaded by Nazi Germany, and by recruiting former German scientists.

And done by america in a america with american astronauts and money

The closest thing you'll probably get is some form of feudalism, or what the romans did which was not giving a fuck about what the farther parts of the empire did as long as they were loyal and paid taxes.
What will probably actually happen is that individuals will set off in groups to space hoping to settle the new frontier of planets and start new lives, as has always happened. If by this point earth has one ruler they will probably try to control these new colonies for a time, but this will likely fail due to the transit time it would take to communicate/trade/travel two ways between habitable planets. If we colonize closers places like the moon or mars earth may maintain control although the odds of revolution are good. In the very very VERY far future a space empire may become feasible only after huge advancements in technology over the already very large advancements needed to create the above situation, by the time that rolls around though humanity will have been living on separated on different planets for quite some time.

or ya know xenos come and give us cool new shit to speed things up. I doubt you would like this path either considering we would at least try to race mix the shit out of them as we did with the neanderthals in order to make white people

You should get Stellaris, Star Ruler 2, hmm, Last Federation. AI War. All pauseable real-time games with Linux support.

Wait, what was the question? Shitty unevolved MOO clone or else this other shitty poorly designed MOO clone? Fuck man, flip a coin. You're going to be bored to death either way.

More of a general species personality meter.

literally just play MoO1/2

MoO1 is also a good game, but not nearly as fleshed out as MoO2. It's often overlooked.

Jesus Christ disable sound when you play it, though.

You honestly think xenos would bother risking allowing another species to grow strong enough to fight them. Pacifist new world cucks are delusional.

My personal dream is to one day secede from Earth and start my own asteroid trade federation.

This guy isn't wrong, but I'd say he's also not quite fully right.

For one, it really depends on who we come across. Cultures range wildly, after all, just here on Earth.
Point being, I really doubt some ayy chuckleshit what's empire spans a good hundred planets is going to be so paranoid about one tiny planet what happens to get FTL engines that they're going to immediately wipe that guy out.
If anything? I'd say they'd want to help that guy as fast as possible so as to win up a new ally against the other galaxy-spanning superempire.
Although, that assumes they've got some other shit they really need an upper hand against. Still, even inferior eyes are fresh ones.

I also really want to complain about that last analogy. It is written by a faggot, plain and simple.
You move with caution, yes, but do you just shoot every single person you come across in that night?
Fuck no. You'd have to be retarded. Yes, you be careful, but careful and genocidal murderous are two very different things.
Also love the bootlicker "run towards the police mans he will protects u" lot.

Nah, this is a galaxy where it's magically impossible to attach a drive to a rock and kill a planet with it. So xenos are cooler about other xenos. FTL doesn't work in a gravity well (at least not in normal space), and then very high speeds that are sub-FTL but still deadly for a species, those are just are just in a universal blind spot.

Or maybe that planetary system system discovered in the Lost Fleet is actually very easy and everyone discovers it as a part of discovering FTL. Throw a rock at us? No problem, it'll always miss.

I thought in Gal Civ, it was the humans what discovered FTL and just handed it around like idjits
I may've been wrong, though, I guess.

I guess it all depends on whether or not MoO4 is going to be a DRM-crippled piece of shit like GalCivIII is.

What are you doing m8?

look dude, if you won't buy the game there's not gonna be any more content. The black women models you get in the game as portraits weren't cheap– can you guess how much Somali and Ethiopian models cost in Sweden? The most highly prized and beautiful models in the country?