Plenty of games let you play as criminals who run around stealing and killing indiscriminately...

Plenty of games let you play as criminals who run around stealing and killing indiscriminately, but what are some good games in which you uphold the law and bring the no-good scum to justice?

Bonus points if it's not just police-flavored GTA

SWAT 4

That was the only game I could think of aside from True Crime and Sleeping Dogs

Urban chaos for dreamcast.
It's pretty neat and you can even arrest criminals instead of simply killing them.

Max payne?

Sleeping Dogs barely counts since, despite being a police officer, Wei Shen still spends most of his time curbstomping Kung Fu monks, running over pedestrians, and shoving people's heads into sharp things.

LA Noire is an okay detective game if a little unintentionally hilarious. It does kind of shit the bed in the last act though, so be prepared for that.

APB Reloaded lets you play as law enforcement.
I mean, the game is complete shit and you shouldn't play it. but it offers you that option.

Fuck you for reminding me what could have been.

Sleeping Dogs is technically True Crime 3.
Also here's the best I AM THE LAW simulator to date

Future Cop: LAPD is good but probably not what you want.

That looks interesting, any idea on how the PC version is?

Dreamcast had a lot of gems on it, I regret not owning one when I was a kid

Hadn't even thought of that but I guess that would work

I know, hence why I wanted something other than police-flavored GTA. I have a copy of LA Noire on the PS3 that my brother left behind, never touched it. Maybe I'll give it a go.

…mappy? Streets of rage maybe?

i have no idea.

You're right, it's not what I'm looking for, but you're still my nigger for mentioning it

I was afraid to recommend it as it is an old game but luckily there is a gog version so installing and playing on the pc should be no problem at all.

Its disgusting how GTA tries to make you feel empathy for those scumbags.
GTA V had me triggered with that piece of shit Michael.

What? Rockstar depicts them all as cunts one way or the other.

There are literally no "good" people in GTA games.

Ape Escape?

EASY

Are you ok?

From San Andreas onwards they started writing the protagonists as complicated individuals in direct contrast to the mindless carnage the player will inevitably have them do.

That's why Tommy is the best protagonist, he's the one character that was given an actual personality, but it was simply "I'm an immoral cunt" with zero attempts to make him seem complex.

ss13 sec

Can we all agree that Toni Cipriani is the shittiest protagonist in the whole series. He's so fucking bland and the map to GTA 3 is the worse in the series.

or alternatively

lol ship station same thing what are u some kinda autist?

CJ and Niko were the only good "complex" characters minus Niko's iwannastopwaahh:'( because CJ saw more of the world and more opportunities in life playing the smarter nigger and Niko saw some shit, and grew cynical and disillusioned.

Heavy Rain

What gaem?

Pokemon mystery dungeon.

Johhny da Heeb was pretty good too
Shame Rockstar soft-rebooted the universe again and killed him right off

More like Detective, Security on basically every server generally ignores procedure in my experience and becomes more Army then Police, since they either do fuck all or go all out.

I basically came to this thread to mention it.

There is Need For Speed Hot Pursuit too, but that is basically all Car-chases, but smashing up speeding sports cars with a Patrol car is a nice feel, just be sure to Pirate it because EA.

EASY

CJ was shit, as was Niko. The narrative and gameplay are in stark contrast, and I fucking hate Rockstar's constant nihilism masked as 2deep4u social commentary and satire. It gets boring really fast, I could give less of a shit about their endless list of "quirky" characters, or the "deep" moral choices, or any of the other useless baggage they introduced over the years.

I just want to play a criminal that starts from nothing and becomes kingpin of the city, and only Vice City ever did that marginally right. Pity that the management side of being a crime lord is non existent, so that you are eternally stuck being everyone's errand boy.

SWAT 3 is better, 4 has retarded allied AI, slower command menu that makes dual breaches more difficult to synchronize, nonlethal weaponry that's way to over powered (there's a reason why pepper guns are very rarely seen IRL) and worst of all: no glowsticks.

All of the SWAT series.

I agree SWAT 3 was the best of the series. There is a GOG release of it now too.

The Phoenix Wright series? You do bring the no-good scums to justice a few exceptions based on your choices

Fernando, Jonathan, Leonardo and Murillo
Even if I am not sure how to write some of these names, that would be because I never knew to begin with, not because I forgot

Postal 2.

How is LA Noire? Any good?

Very if you think of it nothing like GTA.

I'm sorry user. It hurts me too.

So if I go in not expecting GTA it should be fun?

Well, there's Where in the World is Carmen Sandeigo, the Tex Murphy games, and Police Quest if you like puzzles. I suppose you could play HeadHunter if you want something a bit more action oriented (it's a MGS ripoff) and feel like torturing yourself a bit.

C.O.P. The recruit anybody?

A 3D open world game, about being a cop that could run on the original NDS hardware?

LSPD mod for GTA V.

Or LCPD mod for GTA IV.

Just got done playing SWAT 4 for the first time. From what I've seen of 3, much better (mostly due to dumb team AI)

If you go in expecting to solve crimes, poke dead bodies, and interrogate some bad actors, It gets better later in the game, the acting gets less obvious as the cases get harder with only the occasional shootout here and there.

A lot of people hate it because it's technically open world but very restrictive since you play as law enforcement. You can't shoot civilians, you get reprimanded for crashing your car into shit, and the most 'open world' thing that occurs are smaller vertical slices of action that appear in the world as random crimes. They're not actually random, but they pop up during other cases.

A favorite of mine. Was just playing it earlier today.

This user is lying. It's like a mix between the worst parts of Ace Attorney and GTA.

G-police

Video Related

no, VC map is the worst.

the germans should've won ww2

no