Is this the definitive refutation of Plinkett's ignorant Phantom Menace review?

is this the definitive refutation of Plinkett's ignorant Phantom Menace review?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=146990
hooktube.com/playlist?list=PLE5D7DC03F3B18C57
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_cinematography
web.archive.org/web/20170817070115/http://8ch.net/tv/res/835417.html#836611
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

phantom menace was actually really fucking bad though.

I don't get why retards hate Phantom Menace. It had the best fight scene in the franchise, the best soundtrack, minus Episode 6 if the added Victory Celebration song is counted, and was generally much better in terms of visuals, sets, imagery than II or III. Revenge of the Sith is better for memes and is also pretty excellent in its own right though.

Because it was a stupid movie with bad aesthetics and bad characters.
The one character who was worth a fuck died early on.

if you hate the Plinkett reviews so much why do make daily threads about them?

You are going too far user. The movie has gorgeous cinematography, this isn't even subjective.

it was bad cinematography. only a burger thinks otherwise.

It's a mixed bag, everything in it is a mixed bag and I think the only reason I watch it is because the lightsaber battle is admittedly great.

ootah gunga or however you spell it was pretty cool and so was the podracing

The movie is well framed 99% of the time.

Curiosity: those waterfalls were made of salt.

I think I just popped a cinematography boner.

Lots of films are well framed 99% of the time, lucas doesn't know how to move the camera that well nor did he write a story to do so

Isn't that white character in the first pic a character in the clone wars series?

That's a stylistic choice heartening back to the first film. He can move cameras just fine.

t. JJ Abrams

No, this is.
bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=146990

Her name is Aurra Sing

JJ doesn't know how to move the camera either you fuckface.

The definitive refutation was released approximately 1 week after RLM's first review. It was a 110+ page long point by point refutation. Which one of you was it?

The ONLY thing the prequels have going for them is aesthetics. Which Georgy also almost ruined with his egregious CGI usage. This is why Prequel Apologists spearhead all their arguments with the same dozen or so shots that were on location.

That's right, Jay!

bluescreen > greenscreen

There's a different between shooting on film 35mm 6K or more and making your backgrounds matte paintings actual ships and shit that looks good and shooting in literal digital 1080p with ps2 graphics

That's also right, Jay! Man, you are on fire tonight!

like clockwork.

I know right?! Ugh, doesn't it just make you want to watch the latest Half in the Bag and donate a few buck to your ol' pals over at RLM?

RLM are fucking idiots and so are you

Did you not hear what I fucking said, they were filmed in FUCKING 1080p not actual FUCKING FILM it looks like SHIT it will age WORSE

you watch on your phone?

My, you seem a tad upset there, user…
Something you want to get off your chest?

Yea this is what I want to get off my chest, they were filmed in fucking 1080p

Do you have source for that statement?

Oh fuck off, it has one single track that anybody remembers. Literally, tell me of one track that isn't Duel of Fates that you remember. I know you can't.

fuck off nigger literally pick out any one of these and the memories and emotion will come right back to you hooktube.com/playlist?list=PLE5D7DC03F3B18C57

All the graphics were done digitally in 1080p and lucas decided to film the entire thing therefore in the same format. It is common knowledge.

I stand corrected, episode II and III were the only ones shot digitally.

You can tell that episode II and III have no film grain because they werent shot on film. I not only looks the best because they shot a lot of it on location or sets but because they actually shot it using a fucking film

Still, I'd like to see some sources backing up your claim that they were shot in 1080p if you don't mind. If it really is common knowledge, it shouldn't be too hard to find some legit sources, right?

Yeah that's the one, she was a cool character.

I just showed you in the greentext wikipedia quotes

I don't see it.

Jesus fucking Christ the shitty BO is at it again ruining youtube links

Come now, user. Quit stalling.

Phantom Menace is the only good prequel because it was shot on 35mm. Revenge of the Sith has some good things going for it and some very good scenes, but its a travesty it wasn't shot on film.

And thus my point is proven.

definitive rank

good tier
IV V

pretty good tier
VI I

meh
III

crap
II

utter stinky shit
VII RO

nah not worth it

RLM fanboys, everyone.

Just because you can't recall the tracks, doesn't mean everyone else is at the same level as you.
Also, you trying to act smug and clever, even going as far as using tibetan fingerpainting reaction images, it is more than a little bit cringey.

At what time mark do they say it was shot in 1080p?

Watch the video the DP says the shot the first one on film and and used digital effects and then took it one step further in the next one and shot completely on digital which they then did for episode III. Like the 1 minute mark and on.

Greentext and a reaction image? I yield, good sir! Please have mercy!

lol

That’s odd, I didn’t catch anything about 1080p… Could you be a bit more specifi?

When they say shooting on digital they mean 1080p, they don't say 1080p they say DIGITAL

Is that so?
Got a source where it states without a shadow of doubt that they were shot in 1080p then? I am still a little unconvinced to tell you the truth.

reminder that the prequel apologist is the goon who screams about anime

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_cinematography

who could have known

I meant thats the camera they shot aotc wins, an older version

So, I did a lot of digging around in the archives threads, and I eventually found this post again.
- web.archive.org/web/20170817070115/http://8ch.net/tv/res/835417.html#836611

what kind of faggot devotes his time for free to damage control for disney shills?

Christ so AOTC wasn't even in 1920 x1080p it was 1440x1080 upscaled? Yikes.

Phantom Menace looks good because it was shot on film

AOTC looks like ass besides Courscant

ROTS Courscant looks better, mostly at night and Mustafar is alright but besides that its bleh

Razorfist, fuck off.

You're a fucking faggot. Go jerk off to Cloverfield.

lol

Russian Ark was kino, just like the Prequels

It's funny how all anime posters retort with "muh smug" and "lol u butthurt" when their arguments get questioned.

cool