Gran Turismo officially DEAD

Oh how the mighty have fallen…

The playable build on show in London yesterday was riddled with technical issues, from screen tearing, frame drops, noticeable aliasing and poor texture filtering. But the biggest issue, ultimately, is that it isn't as big a step up from GT6 as you'd expect from the series' leap onto PS4.

The game appears to be targeting 1080p/60fps, but the lack of polish in yesterday's build suggests Polyphony may have let its ambition for including obscure features […] lead to the developer ignoring some of the basics. Even the replays suffer.

There doesn't appear to be any damage modelling, either, with cars simply bouncing off walls and each other, and we haven't yet been shown anything on night racing or weather effects. Whether Polyphony is holding these back until they're ready, I don't know, but with the performance on display yesterday I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that they'd been cut from the project altogether.

GT IS FUCKING DEAD

Who would've thought fucking Driveclub would be the racing game of choice for PS4.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/WqLsF
videogamer.com/ps4/gran_turismo_sport/preview-3996.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

source:
archive.is/WqLsF
videogamer.com/ps4/gran_turismo_sport/preview-3996.html

and some screenshots

After 5, 6 and now this, I guess I'm just going to continue playing 3/4 instead

There's a thread about this already.

When did GT ever have good graphics? That's not really what the game was ever about

you're mixing up aliasing and anti-aliasing, you fucking idiot

fuck the graphics, it's the 21st century, older gta games had damage modelling

no I'm not mixing it up, what's wrong with aliasing?

it's blocky?
anti-aliasing was always the better choice as long as your pc can handle it

wait.
are you actually defending jaggies?
if so, then check your fucking brain

no there's absolutely nothing wrong with aliasing, if anything it looks better. especially for most people will agree that No AA > FXAA

are you retarded?
you want your game to look as if anything other than horizontal and vertical don't exist?

Cripes what's wrong with you?

are you fucking retarded? anti-aliasing looks like shit, it's like the type of cancer where someone emulates a game and puts filters on it.

oh wow you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

ID filtered

That's because FXAA is no real AA. It's just blur and smear.

you're the aoki of video games

what

Not sure if bait, but you realise the image on the right has AA?

older GTA games had like 20 cars with 50 polygons each

damage modelling is one of those things that takes a hell of a lot of effort for what it actually adds to the game. It's kind of cool but really doesn't have anything to do with driving simulation

it's still a feature that should be expected considering EVERY other major racing game has it

Were you born like that or did your parents have to drop you on your head repeatedly for you to turn that stupid?

Wait, wait, wait.

Do we actually have a pro-jaggies user in this thread? Is that what's going on?

Nah, we have one guy baiting an entire thread.

Yeah, the right one has AA. but the left one is clearly looks better.

I disagree, that's a stupid argument to make. The same thing could be said about shooters. Why omit multiplayer when the majority of them have it?

Oh, alright. He's blind.

Well 4 looked really good
But that said Spec B will never be as good as it was in GT4

true.
still thought, an actual damage model would be some nice eye-candy at the very least.
visuals are also important.

If I want to have fun with something as boring as a fucking race car simulator, I'll dust off my PS2 and play something actually enjoyable like Burnout 3: Takedown.

Also, Yamauchi wants this new GT to be fully playable with PSVR

I enjoyed 2 the most.

If anything, that's why it looks like shit.

Left actually does look better

GT going back to what it should always have been and always been before they fucked it up on 5 and 6 is not it being fucking dead you dumb fuck.

Lack of AA sucks dick but that's the PS4 for you, meaning I'm never getting it since that would require me getting one

They were good graphics for consoles.

When did we begin to judge whether a game was going to be good or bad based on it's graphics?

O yeah it's been almost a decade, i forgot

This is true and I'm always horrified at the number of people that will defend a post-processing blur algorithm that makes everything look like shit. I especially hate when there's no option to disable FXAA.

Since the '80s, newkid.

Racing games have been pushing the envelope to visual presentation since fucking PS1

Why not both?

Gran Turismo was never good

I understand some people enjoy playing boring racing games, I just never understood why.

Since games have been getting released

Are you seriously this retarded? Why do people defend lowering standards with this? Do you think its ok full priced games having sub par anything?

How are those grapes going for you?

I'm with this guy. You don't need AA on hi-res screens, especially 4k.

Since they started the series, that was one of the focal points. Are you too young to remember?

GT3 looked like a fucking miracle when it came out, bruv

You mean high resolution rendered games

You actually need more AA for high-res screens because since its a console game, its gonna be upscaled all to shit instead of downsampled.

Must be hard living in a bubble every day, you colossal faggot.

kys

GT is a good game because of the realistic physics of various models of cars, and the details in them.

none of the games were "visual showcases" except to console-only gamers that only owned 1 console.

saying "GT is dead" because of the underwhelming graphics just shows a misunderstanding of the series. maybe it's dead to normalfags that stopped playing destiny to play doom 2016, but not fans of the series.

it might be shit, who knows. but if its shit, its not because of the graphics. especially since theyre going low graphics so they can target 60fps/1080p, which more ps4 titles should do. only retards bought the ps4 expecting great graphics.

Why play a military shooter? Why play any sim?

I dunno, the only sim games I played were made by Maxis back in the day.

maxis games barely are simulators, they are just simple management games with edutainment coat

Yeah, I'm aware, that's why I can't answer your question.

Sim games are mostly for people into the product its designed to simulate. Usually in hobbies that are hard to keep maintain.

I love hunting, but i dont get to go anymore.. so sometimes i will play a hunting sim… too bad its like using bunk heroin since almost all hunting games are complete trash.

not everyone can afford to race cars, or fly planes, or farm… or train so those games tend to be more popular. who do you think paintball sims are targeted towards? or madden?

do you have any hobbies that are difficult for you to do?

Nope, it's pretty much video games, working out, and cooking.
I did help some guy out on /ck/ who came in talking about making a cooking simulator, though. He was hilariously naive.

We're not talking about Grand Theft Auto, what.

Please kill yourself, you fucking casual.

I never said that, I just said that your boring ass car simulator is, in fact, fucking boring.
Take it more personally, though.

cooking sim?
that would be some boring shit. unless the thing had some sort of advanced flavor engine that you could "test" various ingredients, and the game would tell you if it came out ok.

but itd be much easier and cheaper to cook that shit in an actual kitchen.

GT is dead since 3 m8

I don't think it would be boring. I don't have a fully-stocked kitchen. I can't make some sous-vide steak at home.
Looks like you were right.

I guess you're right. GT's fanbase does have some hardcore delusional zealots.

pixel perfect
blurry mess

because we can drive the same car in the game that we drive in real li-
never mind, i understand your problem

Not all of us drive souped up sedans or coups user

Outrun > GT

But user, Outrun and Gran Turismo are in totally separate genres.

Doesn't make it any less true.

Driving in real life isn't fun either. It's just a way to get from one place to another until we can teleport or something.
Life isn't Initial D.

GT was always ass tier.

It can be if you try hard enough

The first two games on the PS1 were technical marvels and Gran Turismo 4 was the most visually impressive racer of the 6th gen, even better than anything the Xbox had to offer. It also ran at 60fps and could played in 1080i.

The 7th gen games were pretty underwhelming though. Perhaps all the best programmers left?

When was GT supposed to be some graphic wonder? Even the PS1 GT looked like shit, but it had amazing handling, small little details like breaks heating up red in long races, the ability to mod your cars (unheard of in console gaming like that), you had to actually pass license tests to move forward etc.

Gran Turismo 1 was an amazing game, and looked shit/decent for the time, but it was sure as hell not the fucking graphics people played it for, it was the feel, the music, the tuning, the experience.

oh shit.
missed this part of the news.

BETA IS CANCELLED

To do things we can't do like Western Europeans people playing Milsims and World of Guns. There are people on Holla Forums and this whole site thinking guns should be banned even a little.

As the only focus? Because I remember BurnOut and Forza having both of those things.

I'm pretty sure GT was supposed to compete with RR on the graphics end, but I never actually played it when it came out because my brother had the PSX and bought basically nothing for it.

It was pretty good. Stellar soundtrack and good difficulty. Started having too many mirrored tracks near the end though.

GT2 kicked it off really when it added rally stages and a shitload more of real life courses, graphically same though.

I don't like guns. Just like female objectification they should be banned from digital spaces.

What's up with dudes head?

Im so sad I dont have to start with a gt-86 again for the 90th fucking time with the same reused 3d model from 1999

I honestly prefer both. Aliased is good if you're playing SNES/Genesis or any other type of retro game/console.
Anti-Aliased is good if you're playing more modern games.

Retro hipsters are a thing

Alright niggers.

GTSport is coming on november (I HEAVILY doubt it checking Polyphony Digital's track record) and I'm confident they will fix the graphical issues, the games always looked great for consoles.

THOUGH, GTSport has nothing to do with GT7, except, this kinda GT7's Prologue. That's basically what this is.

Gran Turismo 7 will be a full standalone title that is WAY bigger than GTSport. It will feature almost everything up to GT6 (weather, car damage, etc).

(I hope those nips don't fucking slack off and get to work)

Denial hits hard

I ONLY CARE IF INITIAL D CARS ARE STILL IN IT

They will be, just not on GTSport. All kinds of cars will be on Gran Turismo 7.

TO ANYONE INTERESTED:

SKIP GRAN TURISMO SPORT, AND WAIT FOR 7.

Yeah, thanks for disappointing me. I watched trailers and it sure looks like old cars are no more.

I bet they will indeed remove all old and not popular vehicles from the main series at some point. Because those faggots struggle to make cockpits for all of them, while some shitty rfactor modders can do it during their free time before university exams.

TL;DR - Driveclub 2

Three years,
three fucking years
and the PS4 still only has one good game.

Do you know how many good games the PS3 had by 2008? MORE THAN FUCKING ONE.

Is everyone on Holla Forums living under a rock?

GTSport is just a shitty tie-in game, Polyphony partnered up with some random ass car organization or whatever, think it was FIA or something along those lines; so try-hards can snatch a place in legit car racing scene or whatever. Just skip this game.

So basically its just concept/prologue type of game.