Can we admit these are excellent and that hating them is pure unfiltered reddit?

Can we admit these are excellent and that hating them is pure unfiltered reddit?

Yes

Clone wars was sloppy, but Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith were pretty good. They just didn't have the same tone of surreal adventure the originals had.

No.

No

The prequels are pure reddit, deal w/ it.

You prequelkinnoseurs need to accept that
1. Episode I could have been great but was squandered by Jar Jar and Anakin and Padme being almost unbearable (Anakin compared to the other two is tolerable though)
2. Ways to fix this would have been either focusing the first film entirely on Obi Wan and Qui Gon and having Anakin come in much later and have him be a minor sidekick, say if you completely took out Jar Jar he could fill his place and be a young teenager who is kind of an ass at first.
3. Or the entire Prequel trilogy should have started forsaking telling Anakins origin on tattooine like in Episode I and having him already be Obi Wans apprentice in Episode I (this would give Obi wan and anakin a lot more character dev. and you could also have Anakin maybe not remember his past and have him discover where he comes from along the way)
4. Episode II has some good things going for it but Portman is such a bad actress and in general Anakin and Padme were not directed properly, ie they needed to be way less stiff, more natural, more easy going, more light hearted to contrast the politics shit.
5. Episode III is pretty good the only negatives really are the insane us of CG which is acceptable.
6. In all the worldbuiling is good, but with better execution could have been better, the films are not edited tightly like the OT are either.

So are the prequel terrible blockbusters? No, but are they masterpieces? No, but are they watchable yet flawed in more than one way.

Star Wars is disposable pop culture garbage. It's all bad and only man children and actual children find value in it.

Pick one

ROTS is the best of the three, it's a classical tragedy. It pulled off "dark and gritty" much better than Rogue One

Attack of the Clones is probably the most beautiful one. Like a beautiful painting. But thematically it's dark as shit as it foreshadows the third movie.

Read the novel they did for the movie, it's damn good.

think you nailed it there. It's basically just repainted epics of yore with sci-fi kibble to 'kiddify' it for mass consumption. But then, weren't most of y'all kids when you saw it? …. *(bing!)*
And there you go, the 'magic' of the "lasting appeal."
They tried again with adaptions of things like Hairy Pooter and Eragon, but "problematic" parts of the books had to be excised, losing just that tiny shred of appeal that could have made it stick. Ever notice who's the 'big names' and most in charge of all their fandom shit and conventions? People who were kids when Star Wars came out
So they're still hitting that crowd but are lacking the extra necessities to attract and hold the newer crowd. (especially past puberty, the key time!)
And this is due to being unable to use the full range of Shakespearean and Grecian staples of storytelling. Star Wars was kiddified, but still played around a bit enough to imply here and there.
Like, damn yo, what was up with the Luke/Leia thing? "Oh, my dashing handsome prince!" "I'm your brother actually." "Oh, well, fuck." "I wish we could" "Hey, you two got room for a third?" slightly mangled but you get the idea. There's the implication of 'where would this lead without Yoda or Ben bringing it up?'
You just can't do that shit in a release you expect to hit the 100 million viewed mark after the 90s.
I think the prequels were only able to do some of that shit on the pure power of the brand name, otherwise it'd be sanitised to fuck like the rest of TV and movies.

Yup.

But you didn't provide any ones.

The prequels are great and anyone who doesn't think so is a pleb.

The Phantom Menace is good, though not great. The real strength of the trilogy is the pure kino that is Attack of the Clones, unironically one of the greatest films ever made. Revenge of the Sith is very good too, though not quite hitting the heights of Episode 2.

Ah, a true kinophile.

You think you're sending a message, by deluding yourselves in thinking that this garbage is good, but in the fact you are just playing into (((their))) hands.

The Jew played you idiots like a damn fiddle.

Disney don't have distribution rights to the prequels.

It's still their brand now. They don't want to sell it, they want it to be in the zeistgeist. That's directly promoting their brand, even if unwillingly. The (((profiteers))) thank your efforts.

It's not unlike they paying Cucklasa for his gushing review of TFA, then letting him out of the hook to badmouth Rogue One and that stupid Han Solo movie so they don't lose their Reddit cred.

I don't care. George made Star Wars and I will always treasure that one time he created a great didactic work of western high culture that's digestible for kids.

good one m8

Good goyim, there's nothing to see here!

The fights were retarded

Do the prequels really need 10 threads?

Of course you don't care. If you did care, you wouldn't be babbling about Star Wars.
So? it's garbage.
Nice b8.

No, you see, that's just being completely anti-Disney and it's in no way, shape, or form playing on (((The Mouse)))'s plans of promoting this garbage brand months prior the release of their next abhorrent nigger-loving feminist piece of shit movie. Nothing to see here guys.

He basically mixed pic related and flash gordon.

>>>/reddit/

nice try, almost had me there with the patrician skill level

go the fuck back to reddit and stop poisoning our board, you dumb fucking nigger whore

how many times do i need to remind you to use the non-meme accurate version?

>>>/reddit/

yes, that's where you reddit wars cockgobblers should head back

The only thing the Phantom Menace needed was that scene where Anakin beats up Greedo.

The underlying political message etc… is good but the characters themselves not so much. Except for Yoda and Obiwan.

But then we wouldn't have gotten the absolutely kino pod racing scene.

Completely false.

this meme isn't funny anymore

Whatever gave you the impression it was a meme?

It's not accurate at all.

Prequels equal Bestquels

ur such a fag, m8

Ok

i go back and forth between phantom and clones.

on one hand, phantom does have jar-jar, but everyone shits on him so it makes up for it. on the other hand, clones has awfully cheesy scenes on naboo, but has one of the best plots in the entire series.

go look up the bts pics of the prequels faggot, you'll find the disney shit has way more cgi in it.

I know III is the best, but I is my favorite. It's hurt a little by the kid's acting, but the universe it creates is both familiar and alien, and podracing is one of the best things about Star Wars.

I'll agree with prequels are kino but I don't get how AOTC is so great.

Episode 3 is unironically my favorite Star Wars movie. That opening space battle, where the floor drops out and your eyes just fill with ships and lasers and that big ass planet. That shot still is fucking breathtaking. The lava planet battle, "You were the chosen one!" still chokes me up. That ominous shot of Vader at the end.

People were too busy riding the hate train at the time to appreciate it but this movie was really good. I expect it to really get its due in the next 10 years.

I know you’re being ironic, but AOtC would be excellent if about ten minutes of dialog were reworked slightly.

People wanted more Death Stars, Stormtroopers and X-Wings. Just look at how trash like Rogue One is praised by retarded fanboys as being the best Star Wars movie. Even Kike Cucklasa was dazzled (at first) by TFA and it's nostalgia masturbation.

Also the Clone Wars TV show does have some flaws (Asshoka) but it's a good companion piece that improves the world building of the prekino.

You can read the novel for all of the movies that either play along, shortly before or afterwards.
It gives it all a much bigger, and more coherent picture.
Hell, I wouldn't be suprised if George wanted to make each movie 5 hours long, but then told some writers to use the leftover materials to write the books instead.

Clone Wars cartoon kind of evens out with it's good and bad parts. Actually giving screen time to the clones was one of the better choices. There was a lot of bad or dull episodes mixed in there so it's hard to remember all the good episodes. I did remember them during that cartoons run hamming how they were going to diverge from the canon but it never came. Genndy's version still hold up while the 3D one has its moments.

It is better than the clone wars movie because it actually takes place in the wars. The clone wars in the movie didn't even start until towards the end of the movie which was disappointing.

Despite the flaws of the prequels, it's more interesting to dissect than TFA. It didn't rehash the original or undermine it as much as TFA did. They could have done a lot of interesting things with the new order: working within the shadows to overthrow the republic, acting as as a terrorist unit, something that doesn't cheapen the hard fought victory of 6. It may be the start of a new trilogy but it needs to understand that it is a sequel to another trilogy and uphold some semblance of continuity.

They were utter shit. The whole reason Anakin turned to the dark side made no sense at all. Also he's supposed to be superjedi #1 but can't see through the basic tier manipulation of the chancellor / emperor?

He was young and his emotions clouded his judgement. He turned to the dark side to save Padme since Sheev told him that the dark side of the force grants such powers. Coupled with the fact that Anakin was growing disillusioned and distrustful of the jedi order and Sheev was the only one who never criticizes but always supported Anakin as a jedi, he trusted Sheev more than anyone on the jedi council. His fall to the dark side was well done, though I have some issues that straight after that he was already evil enough to start killing younglings and very soon thought of overthrowing Sheev and ruling the galaxy, completely forgetting that he joined the dark side to save Padme. Felt that could have been handled better. After joining the dark side, we don't really get to see Anakin that much, just him entering the jedi temple for order 66 and then at Mustafar at the climax of the movie.

It made no sense (to me). There are millions of movies and books that have a better good guy turns into bad guy plot.

star wars is reddit

It's kino, its much better than I or III because they don't have the same level of artistry or storytelling as this one

Prequelkino is not ironic

That's because you're a pleb

it is ironic

Goons hate Lucas, the prequelkinos and unpozzed media in general.

sure thing goon-kun

The sith did nothing wrong.

Only because they werent pozzed and the window has shifted so much that not being pozzed = quality now, and I'm inclined to agree.

the old radio dramas were the full scripts iirc, and each of them were anywhere from 3-5 hours long.

They're not excellent or good, they're okay with some very memorable and very good scenes. But hating them mindlessly is just as bad as over-praising them to get back at Disneyfags. I will say that SW Disney shit is infinitely worse though.

Clone Wars was irredeemable crap made to be as toyetic as possible. Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith were infinitely better though, but PM suffers from Lucas going too wild with his ideas to the point of creating inconsistencies.

what's inconsistent about it? the only one i can think of was the de-aged yoda puppet was too young, and they fixed that up with the cgi replacement.

george is rich as fuck, if he wanted to make extended editions he could

he's just lazy fat fuck that can't see when the final edit is flawed

and to add to this, extended editions wouldn't fix bad acting

just read the novels and read their voices in a good way