ITT: Games that nigger you

Let's have a thread about the games that have no qualms screwing over the player for being an idiot and then laughing at him while they're at it.

Case in point: The Age of Decadence is filled with amusing ways to get yourself screwed over and/or killed for being a dumbass.

Other urls found in this thread:

rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-age-of-decadence-released.104027/page-31#post-4177657
mega.co.nz/#!qVMQHIAY!V03DJ7f6Z2h6l7JypG8RUrNHjLr50qBhe77C3pvuJeA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I dropped the game because it wouldn't acknowledge my kiting.

AoD was pretty fun it was the first RPG in years that I replayed the moment I finished it.

The Void. Get lured in by the artsy style and the girls, get crushed by how demanding and unforgiving the gameplay is.

This is not a joke. If you are too socially inept to act with someone normally, the person will hate your guts. The game is then like

My party went to a Black Smith and talked with him. What I intended as trying out the dialog mechanic ended with him getting asshurt over my remarks about his craft. You can do that to every merchant, teacher and craftsman in the game.

Fuck you devs.

Having problems in Age of Decadence? Someone hates your guts? Just kill everyone. Legit best strategy. If you survive.

You can't run away because the enemies have shit AI.

Scratch that. All NPCs have shit AI.

Making a pure combat build is probably a good idea if you're new to combat.

Can't run away once combat starts, no. But you normally have options to avoid the fight or run away before combat starts.

Cities: Skylines is not afraid to tell you how much you suck

Are you playing Nazi version? I hear it is even worse than English release.

That game made me think like I was playing real life, not sure if i liked that.

Damn. I should check out Realms of Arkania some. That sounds pretty cool, to be honest.

Bro, I got a sweet deal for you, bro. Just follow me.

The climax can be gotten through without killing anyone by abusing obfuscate, but the bosses in the sewers were a huge "Fuck you" by the devs.

Far cry 2.

Didn't change out your weapons? Ok now they jam and break.

Picked some random piece of shit off the ground? That'll probably jam to.

Can't look at the map for 5 seconds to find a route around checkpoints, and you wont use the buses? Enjoy driving for 40 minutes and fighting the same groups of people over and over again.

Hiding in some mudhut mad out of shit and straw? Somehow survive an enemys grenade? Now you're trapped in a burning literal shithole

Playing an FPS on a console? No quicksave for you.

Come on now

Console players got seriously fucked though with no quicksave. All the checkpoints are 20 minutes-hour of gameplay apart

Yeah. They're playing on consoles.

Anyone who plays FPS on a console deserves to get fucked.

Good.

any fighting game and any cuhrazee game that doesn't let you exploit i-frames

positioning in fast paced games is hard yo

If you truly were a young vampire living in the WoD, you'd be delusional to expect being able to negociate your whole way through. Your own sense of video game logic bit you in the ass, not the game.

The only mechanic in this game is roads.

Trustworthiness personified.

That reminds me, I gotta finish Miltiades's questline one of these days.

Is this a good citybuilder game or is there something better on the market.

The best thing is that he's based on a real person.

Hope you like tension in your game without reliable weaponry, dumbfuck.

Fucking WHO

Speaking about Age of Decadence, how thin should I spread my skills? I was thinking about making a loremaster with crafting alchemy lore and mercantile, and for combat either crossbow or throwing if you can throw alchemical potions.
Is that a good idea?

rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-age-of-decadence-released.104027/page-31#post-4177657

Somehow this doesn't actually surprise me.

Pretty much anything else is better. Skylines was a "game of the Week" sort of thing. If cities XL didn't have shit memory leak issues and poor optimization it would be the default go-to city builder

You'd be better off putting points into streetwise than mercantile, and I usually never really bother with alchemy. Try mechanical instead, it's much more useful when you're lurking the ancient places. The ideal Loremaster run isn't combat heavy too, if you buff your dialogue skills, so you can get away with putting a few points into dagger and applying the rest to other skills.

Makes me wonder why some PC guys think old school console players were casuals and they themselves are top guns
For shame being a savescum

Just play Simcity 4.

mega.co.nz/#!qVMQHIAY!V03DJ7f6Z2h6l7JypG8RUrNHjLr50qBhe77C3pvuJeA

PASSWORD: PCGames-Download.NET

but skylines is good. if you pretend traffic management isn't 90% of your city then you should visit toronto and tell me that this is totally a well made city that you would love to drive in. pic related its worse once you get off the highway with niggers literally blocking intersections

Gothic.

Early in the game, if you walk by one of the guards he'll demand protection money, and if you comply, you'll have to pay him every single day. If you refuse, he threatens you and walks off. Eventually someone walks up to you and asks you to help them get their necklace back from some guys outside the camp, so you follow him outside and they all jump you and kick your ass and steal your shit as a lesson in not paying the protection money.

The game is full of shit like that.