Other

randomcountry.gbasood.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5203192
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5203561
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLs3acGYgI1-uWvHEhlIvx-vzsX0vhMOZj
imgur.com/a/1gu6P
archive.is/zS2RG
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galatians_(people)
my.mixtape.moe/dbletw.hoi3
my.mixtape.moe/zmbzzs.hoi3
comfy.moe/grrney.7z
archive.is/INlbd
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

May 20th in history

0325 - The Ecumenical council was inaugurated by Emperor Constantine in Nicea, Asia Minor.
1303 - A peace treaty was signed between England and France over the town of Gascony.
1347 - Cola di Rienzo took the title of tribune in Rome.
1506 - In Spain, Christopher Columbus died in poverty.
1520 - Hernando Cortez defeated Spanish troops that had been sent to punish him in Mexico.
1690 - England passed the Act of Grace, forgiving followers of James II.
1674 - John Sobieski became Poland’s first King.
1774 - Britain's Parliament passed the Coercive Acts to punish the American colonists for their increasingly anti-British behavior
1775 - North Carolina became the first colony to declare its independence. This is the date that is on the George state flag even though the date of this event has been questioned.
1784 - The Peace of Versailles ended a war between France, England, and Holland.
1830 - The fountain pen was patented by H.D. Hyde.
1861 - North Carolina became the eleventh state to secede from the Union.
1861 - During the American Civil War, the capital of the Confederacy was moved from Montgomery, AL, to Richmond, VA.
1873 - Levi Strauss began marketing blue jeans with copper rivets.
1875 - The International Bureau of Weights and Measures was established.
1899 - Jacob German of New York City became the first driver to be arrested for speeding. The posted speed limit was 12 miles per hour.
1902 - The U.S. military occupation of Cuba ended.
1902 - Cuba gained its independence from Spain.
1916 - Norman Rockwell’s first cover on "The Saturday Evening Post" appeared.
1926 - The U.S. Congress passed the Air Commerce Act. The act gave the Department of Commerce the right to license pilots and planes.
1927 - Charles Lindbergh took off from New York to cross the Atlantic for Paris aboard his airplane the "Spirit of St. Louis." The trip took 33 1/2 hours.
1930 - The first airplane was catapulted from a dirigible.
1932 - Amelia Earhart took off to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean. She became the first woman to achieve the feat.
1933 - "Charlie Chan" was heard for the final time on the NBC Blue radio network, after only six months on the air.
1939 - The first telecast over telephone wires was sent from Madison Square Garden to the NBC-TV studios at 30 Rockefeller Center in Manhattan. The event was a bicycle race.
1939 - The first regular air-passenger service across the Atlantic Ocean began with the take-off of the "Yankee Clipper" from Port Washington, New York.
1941 - Germany invaded Crete by air.
1942 - Japan completed the conquest of Burma.
1969 - U.S. and South Vietnamese forces captured Apbia Mountain, which was referred to as Hamburger Hill.
1970 - 100,000 people marched in New York supporting U.S. policies in Vietnam.
1985 - The FBI arrested U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer John Walker. Walker had begun spying for the Soviet Union in 1968.

How comes the Dark Hour on the archive is 1.03 when there is a 1.04 out? Is it because of the mods? There is a GoG version on kat with 1.04.

I think it just hasn't been updated.

Reminder that tea doesn't last long in the desert.

]

You want to EU4 but you are on linux?

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5203192

Here!

You want to CK2 but you are on linux?

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5203561

Here!

Ended up with a Catalan union as the result of a succession war with France.

Scandinavia's got my back but Austria, France, Portugal and Perfidious Albion are united against me.
I'm going to feed Catalonia Iberia before I go ahead and conquer western Europe and Italy

Final victory is at hand. Brazil and Portugal were annexed prior to the invasion of England and the remaining British troops in Africa were finally destroyed by Russian troops. Once two carrier fleets and a battleship fleet were prepared, the invasion began in earnest with a naval landing in Glasgow paired with a paratrooper drop in Aberdeen. Infantry and the newly created armored divisions were then deployed from Aberdeen. From there they surrounded the Glasgow garrison and secured Scotland. After deploying the rest of the Japanese army, the few British troops which remained after England's disastrous Africa campaign were pushed to the southern shores. London falls and Great Britain is no more.

The only allied country left is Bolivia. There are also many countries that are not Japanese puppets who must be pacified and tamed.

kill yourself gook
america didnt nuke you enough you slant-eyed coinslot degenerate

I usually get bored at this point. Good game at any rate, user.
I'm about to start a TFH game as Axis Brazil, intending to unite SA and making my way up to the US by foot. How fucked am I?

No, I won't abuse the unresponsive AI before '41

Unresponsive AI?
What is that.

The US won't change it's building order even if you invade them. So they only have their initial army with shitty tech until like mid 1940 - a common WC strat for minors is invading the US in '39

I'm about to start EUIV for the first time. What's the best tutorial series to watch?

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLs3acGYgI1-uWvHEhlIvx-vzsX0vhMOZj
It explains pretty much everything you need to know expect that you will have to change the game.

Yeah I'm kind of bored now that there are no countries to oppose me. I'll just annex every other country and do some painting before moving on to something harder. Maybe Axis Argentina or something. Brazil in TFH is pretty good though you have to watch for a US or even UK amphibious invasion on your huge coastline

I fixed the UK since they can't do it themselves. Scotland and Wales are independent, Northern Ireland is returned, and Mosley is in charge of England.

Why isn't Stellaris added to the image in the OP yet?

Does Stelarris do anything that CK2 and EUIV don't?

Stellaris doesn't do a lot that CK2 and EUIV do. It is basically a skeleton that will get 50 DLCs.

Reminder that the HoI3 WW1 multiplayer game is tomorrow, Saturday, at 20:00 UTC.
I (France) may be a little late because I'm participating in a boat race at around 13:00 UTC. It shouldn't last too long and I should be home in time for the session, but if I'm not here by 20:00 UTC that's why.

I am genuinely disgusted.

I'm going to be two hours late. My work schedule was changed and now I have to work every other Saturday until 22:00UTC. I still have every Friday off if you guys want to move it back to Fridays though

What's so disgusting about rowing in unison next to friends and family?

I'll tell you what's disgusting.

Hearts of Iron IV.

What's the purpose of the guy at the bow of the boat?

keeps the prow down, maybe

His job is to whisper in the dragon's ears to keep it calm and on course.

any games with weeb shit?
pls no bully

Sengoku is set solely in Japan, as the name would imply. Unless by weeb shit you mean actual anime weebshit in which case I don't think there's a grand strat under that category.

There's a Japanese Muv-Luv mod for Darkest Hour

scheck mate

Try this.

Thank me later.

How do I into Hearts of Iron III? It's the only grand strategy apart from Sengoku and Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations if that game counts that really interests me but I just don't get how to play it. The tutorials didn't explain a damn thing.
I fear I don't have the autism for grand strategy

I had a gay cousin who I hadn't seen in years, and today I learned that he went MtF trans. What the fuck lads, and I live in fucking Turkey , how the fuck does this kind of shit happen here?

Now to stop blogposting, suggest me a game to forget this. I really want to get immersed in something. I want to forget this world and pretend I live in another. I guess the best choice would be CK2 with HIP, give me a nation or dynasty or something that has lots of flavour or shit. I still have CK2 2.4.5 btw so no new things from 2.5

Why the fuck couldn't I be born in earlier times. I'd give everything I have to live in a time where we haven't even accepted Islam yet, with horses and Tengriism, etc

But user, you are propably genetically close to pre-Islamic Anatolian, meaning you'd need to go back to being eastern Hellene or a mountain sandnigger.

Not really. I have a really pale skin and my eyes are green. I also have black hair and ginger beard but I don't know what does that mean. Also my eyes are really slant(Is this the correct word?) and with my facial structure I literally look like taller Genghis Khan. If there's any other user who also lives in Turkey, he also probably knows there are shitloads of Tatars in Eskişehir, I'm one of them.

Sorry for the blogposting and let's return to the actually talking about vidya. I just had to get that off my chest. Also literally the only reason I play these games are because I hate the time period I was born in

Yeah, these games are really good at visualizing where it all went wrong for everybody.

Well, fuck.

He's there to motivate them with flag weaving, scream/taunt some, and warn the others if the boat is turning to one side, I believe.

I dug this up for you, enjoy.
imgur.com/a/1gu6P

I see you choose my country name, user.
archive.is/zS2RG

forgot pic.

It's actually a reference to our MP game, but eh.

As someone that enjoys kayaking, that sounds fun.

Looks like we're starting 2 hours later. We'll talk about moving once we're in the game.

Sounds like you hardly know him.

Oh, so you're an actual Turk, rather than a modern arabic Turkroach.

What is your DNA user?
Must be from Galatia.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galatians_(people)
I also have very pale skin and green eye-colors.

France here. Are we still on for today at 22:00 UTC? I'm I’ll wrap up with a rant about war, the hardest target of all.

I have no idea what the fuck that is, it's not what I typed at all. Fucking phones man. Meant to say that I'm posting in the car now and will be on my computer shortly after 22:00

I'll host at 22 UTC.

Still disgusting, remove yourself.

my.mixtape.moe/dbletw.hoi3
mp_German_Empire1916_02_17_02.hoi3

Wait, it's only 21 UTC? I guess I'll put it back up in an hour.

Doesn't hurt to have it already.

Is it really? I thought UTC was 6 hours ahead of CST

If what says is correct, you'd be a byzantine christian fighting off the turkish invaders. ALthough, it's far more likely that your galatian ancestors race mixed with the turks later on, so who knows.

I was doing some SP but whatever, I'll put it back up. Can't hurt.

I'm confused too. The game is usually at 14:00 local time for me which is 20 UTC. It's 16:00 right now, so I thought it would be 22 UTC. My clock says otherwise. I'm guessing it has something to do with daylight savings. UTC doesn't have it.

I meant the save.

I miscalculated the time difference. I'm back from work now, so we can start when every is in

Sounds like Wusun characteristics to me. I find it hard to believe, if there were any Wusun in the Turkic migrations in the 11th century to begin with, that they would've kept any appreciable degree of breeding purity.

We're missing two players. We need Britain and Ottomans.

If needed I can cover for kebab again.

Did you play with us last week? If so, you should be here. Kebab never shows up.

Still missing two players. Where are you two?

Guys I'm Britain.

Where is Kebab?

Kebab should be

Yes I did. i'm not in the game right now because it's not yet the correct time, since it was decided it would begin 3 hours ahead today..?

Somebody had to be late so we decided to start later. It's higher in the thread.

ONLY 2 HOURS AHEAD REEEEEE

Ok. Put the IP please.

Restarting PC, hoi3 is freezing. brb 2 min

Oh I have done this several times. Declare war on Uruguay. On the next day, declare war on all south american countries. As soon as you conquer Uruguay, USA should accept your peace treaty. War with the USA will end, and you will still be at war with the rest of south america. Invade Uruguay quick though because if you take too long, USA will never accept peace any more until either side is defeated

And now we wait an hour for hoi3 to load :^) gee I sure hope I end up with the correct checksum!

BTW do this on day 1 of the game. you can open up the console, and write down "noneutrality" to completely rid of all neutrality, allowing you to declare war on anyone.

You might be thinking that this is cheating, but you have to consider the fact that the AI does not follow its own rules. During my Brazilian campaign, I have seen fascist countries with like 40 neutrality and 10 threat, centimeters away from joining axis, joining the Allies, and declaring war on me through a scripted event because the USA joined Allies. A game that sets up rules, and breaks it practices artificial difficulty. Thus, things like neutrality should be ignored completely, it makes no sense to enforce rules on one player, and ignore it completely for another.

It says "Game not found" when I try to join. Do I really need to download the save file for it to work? What bullshit

Turkey here, slept in.

Let me know next time you rehost and I'll jump in.

Hey turk, is the save file required in order to play? That is fucking retarded. Also is VCIX the correct checksum?

VCIX is the required checksum, I think the save game is just because transfering saves doesn't work/takes forever so I'm pretty sure its required.

I'm pretty sure the game is already started so you can't join though.

They are probably playing, and won't check the thread until they are done playing.

Fuck, I wanted to play

We're rehosting for you lads.

Rehosting. Sorry guys, the game is very intense and it's hard to pay attention to the thread. The only reason I did is because we took a break.

mp_German_Empire1916_05_02_20.hoi3
my.mixtape.moe/zmbzzs.hoi3

Thanks boys.

Where do you even put the save files? I don't see such a folder inside tfh/mod/ww1 only in the root hearts of iron folder so i see "saved games" I am guessing I just stick it in there and hope that it is correct

Im coming, give me like 10 mins im squeezing out a shit rn

C:\Users\pcnamehere\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron III\WW1Modv1.0\save games

It's not in the root folder, it's your documents folder

Well, not pcname, rather username

You've got a couple more minutes, hurry it up.

You'd better hurry up, we're not going to play for much longer.

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron III\WW1Modv1.0\save games

Keeps telling me, "game not found." nevermind then

Maybe you had the wrong checsum? Do you have VCIX?

How do I join?

Game crashed. Rehosting.

Yes I do. I saved the save game in the root folder anyway, and I was still able to open it up in single player. I am guessing that there is either an issue, or you guys have already been playing for some time now before I got the chance to load the game up and join

With the same save, I mean.

Server disconnected?

So that was for everyone?

Put in the server ip when it asks you, assuming you put the save file in the right place

yup

Come back Allies, we rehosted

BTW I tried joining about 5 minutes after this was posted when it gave me an error, so it might not be because you guys already started. Holla Forums is just a horrible fucking place to try to set up online games since it takes 10 minutes for your post to become visible after you have posted it. You guys should go somewhere else to set up games.

Well we're rehosting so try again

Frog, where are you?

Where else? Make sure you have the proper version of the base game and version 1.0 of the mod. There's two copies of the base game. Steam and GOG. We're using Steam. 4.02 GSKH. Here is a link to the mod: comfy.moe/grrney.7z

Get your marching music ready boys, we're gonna be going in hard.

Is the Steam version required to play?

The issue was that I had a typo in the IP address, but it still says game not found. You guys probably started already

No.

We did yeah.

Yes the steam version is required to play, or else you will get the wrong checksum

I've been trying to join for the past 2 hours now. You guys need to go somewhere else other than Holla Forums to try to organize these games. It takes way too long for these threads to update. Better to use an irc chat or tox to do this.

You can refresh all you want, but the posts won't appear until much later after the other person hit submit

I refreshed several times, and this post never appeared in this thread until now, 5 minutes later after I had submitted it.

Check the time of your post. Is it the time it appeared in the thread or the time you clicked "New Reply"? Because it works normally here.

Good game, everyone. Here's the current map.

Next week, should we do 19 UTC or 20 UTC?

Soon we shall fix Europe.

See you all next week, where we shall see if the Bulgarian offensive into Romania does anything but add more bodies to the Weltkreig's count.

In other news, fuck nonsense decisions.

Frogs valiantly defending their home.

2 more fronts? No problem

Later is always preferable for me, but I'll endeavor to wake up on time for next session.

Fucking ruskies get out, German strength will strike you down.

Well, encouraging news.
The AI thinks Germany is going to lose in a single month.

This is incorrect. The pirated, up-to-date version and the steam version have identical checksums. The only one that differs is the GOG one for some reason.

How on Earth

France and Belgium smashed through the border and then Germany surrendered.

German AI was probably shuffling about and lost the dig in.

That sounds about right.

What the fuck is that?

Yeah the game assumes Germany and Austria have already beaten Russia.
If you look Memel is Lithuanian too.

I lost two carriers and a Battlecruiser, but I took down 11 Battleships and 6 Battlecruisers so it's a solid win for me.

What are other GSG games besides Paradox my friend showed me Supreme Ruler but I've heard iffy things after snooping around.

BBs and BCs are worthless and they probably were WW1 tier anyway.

Well if it makes you feel better, I destroyed their carriers later and then sat in southern France for 5 years waiting for nukes and manpower.

those of you who didn't yet know we're planning a mass raid on 4chan /gsg/ tomorrow (monday) at 16:00 GMT

everyone should be there this will be epic

Nice try, Semite.

I would never step foot on 4chan, not even for a raid. I don't want to give my computer aids by enabling all those Javascripts.

Currently conquering Nubia in CK2 as some random nigger chief whom I named Wewuz. Going to conquer Egypt next to become pharaohs n shit.

How likely is Blobbasid to collapse on it's own?

Is that you Turkslayer?

With what, border gore?
Fuck off.

Germany screenshots, probably. Cuckchan /gsg/ hates those.

I can't really blame them. You can only see so many Germany blobs before it becomes incredibly boring.

STARTING IN 10 MINUTES GET READY

>>>Holla Forums

Someone give me a nation to play in DH or HoI3 for Kaiserreich, WW1 or WW2.
I've recently done an Italy game in WW2, a Spain game in WW1 and a Canada game in KR so hit me with something new.

So, I'm more of a 4X guy, but I enjoyed Stellaris, and I'm told that's kind of a 4X/gsg mix. Are there any gsgs that would be a good next step for me?

Try Crusader Kings 2, or maybe EU4.
Stellaris has some grand strategy features but not all that many so if you like RPGs I'd start with CK2, and then I'd go with EU4 or Darkest Hour.

KR Mongols, objective: annex Russia

Play KR as Wrangel's Russia and annex Mongolia.

uff

Play as China and become a puppet state of Mongolia.

Play as China and integrate Mongolia.

Play as Japan and conquer Mongolia

The tech situation is pretty bad, but we do have 4 cavalry divisions, 5 infantry divisions and almost 30 IC so we've got a good base.

Expansion is going as planned, good news is that we've made a lot of good solid progress and the AoG has fallen.
The bad news is that the Republic of China is at war with me and I couldn't get over the river in time.

Kaiserreich is fucking absurd, everybody knows Poles cannot into warfare.

This blob is now huge.

Why is it that Black Ice requires 8GB or ram to run? I never thought a 2D game would ask for such requirements

It work fine with 4G.

t.someone who did it

argentina or brasil and go full commie

Cool, thanks for the tip user. I'll give CK2 a shot then.

I'm going to play EU4 with MEIOU mod (many of its mechanics suck ass, but it has the best map and makes the game significantly harder), what country should I play as? I'm looking for something that gives me a challenge, but that is also interestin to play. Kebabs need not apply

archive.is/INlbd

Might pirate Stellaris to give that a try tbh fam.

But ethics divergence is treated as a bad thing.

They're swedes. They're perfectly fine having genocide in their game, and perfectly fine having "sufficiently diverse subspecies" break away, but their fetish for nignogs overpowers all that.

They did it because he was apparently posting links to Nazi shit, there's another white only mod already up.

I am sure the deleted mods will be uploaded on the net anyway. I will get them for my pirated version of the game and play with them always on, just because.

There is also a matriarchy mod.

did someone say matriarchy?
dont forget to report this sexist mod for sexism

Regardless, using the steam workshop for paradox mods is retarded so its not like anything has been lost.