So wait, are we actually not going to see any NX info at E3...

So wait, are we actually not going to see any NX info at E3? Is Nintendo just going to announce it on a shitty direct by themselves?

Seems pretty dumb, doesn't it?

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendolife.com/news/2016/04/the_legend_of_zelda_for_wii_u_will_be_the_only_playable_nintendo_game_at_e3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

they seem really afraid it'll pull another E3 2011 where people thought it was a controller.

A bunch of corps are pulling out of E3 because going to the place gets their shit leaked easily because the press doesn't have any respect for them, and they don't respect the place either.

No more closed door press meeting, they've decided to dole out the information themselves at their leisure.

Because of shit like this, E3 is not worth the price of reservation space, which is literally fucking millions.

The gaming press has become irrelevant in most company eyes and rightly so as most of it is clickbait and the rest is full of opinionated hacks that failed at securing jobs in more respected circles.

we had a thread that pulled this info together yesterday, btw.

I honestly have given up on nintendo's consoles altogether. They are so focused on gimmicky bullshit rather than what made them great in the first place- being ahead of the competition and having a decent to amazing lineup of release games, as well as a wide range of genre and generation-defining 3rd party games.
It's all gone to shit.
They'd better hope they get this one right, or it's going to be the end of them. The current generation of children have little to no interest in nintendo, at all.

Well yeah but they still have presentations at the same time during E3.

Nintendo is certainly going to have their own Direct. It's pretty dumb not announcing it there.

It really isn't. E3 is no longer worth it because the press surrounding it is no longer respectable and they recognize that they have plenty of fans already.

Their games and brands are in the normalfag consciousness and they cater to those who play them. That's why they are pulling out of E3.

There were some interviews on this, but I forget where.

They can't announce NX yet! It'll ruin Wii U sales! Color Splash will move a lot of units!

No you're not understanding what I'm saying.
E3 is still the period of time where everybody presents everything. I'm not talking about the stage and the whole convention, I'm talking about the fact that usually (even Nintendo) still has a lot of announcements in the same period of time as E3 is on trough a Direct.

And they use that Direct to present a lot of stuff because it's when the most people are going to watch.

Not presenting the NX during their E3 direct is detrimental to them.

GOOD

E3 was only good for two things:

1) Sincere hype as fuck live reactions where the crowd goes wild over cool shit. (Almost never happened, most of the shit is paid shills being told to clap)

2) Cringe fuel.

I feel conflicted

ah, you only started watching e3 3 years ago

If they describe it in the same way it won't matter where they announce it.

We should really come up with a name for this period now that it doesn't have to be coupled to E3

as per usual.

They've no interest in appealing to folks who aren't their crowd tbh

Might as well call it E3
much easier

It's better to receive shit from the company than from a 3rdparty event.

I like the Directs a lot more. Who knew scripted skits and dialogue is better then live cringe.

I will miss the cringe however.

It makes sense. E3 is no longer an event anyone could attend so why not post it online?

PC generally doesn't give a shit about E3, they hold their own events.

Nintendo is following suit.

EA is too actually, kinda

yes nintendo is doing nothing at this e3 besides showing "zelda wiiu" which was a game theyve been working on before wiiu was even released. this company is a joke.

also be on the look out for nintendo shills who are saying "e3 doesnt matter, everyone is pulling out of e3." some blog told them to go around posting this.

It was a twitlonger with some unconfirmed halfchan thing.

Always take everything with a grain of salt.

I'm having a hard time believing that whole thing honestly

PAX?

You mean like

Just let that sink in for a moment.

Again that has to be bullshit to surprise people.
They can't possibly present just one game

Maybe they don't have a lot of confidence in the device or maybe it's not completely finalized. I don't think it really matters, though. There's zero reason to be excited for whatever NX turns out to be.

I understand that Nintendo wants to eventually leave E3, but showing up to a trade show with one game when your two direct competitors are probably going to have several is embarrassing.

And a flamethrower, given the fact it is rumored it will be using an nvidia video chip.

Think it through for a little bit and you'll understand how stupid you sound.

What happened to project robot?
They went to E3 with that game at one point and they completely forgot about it.

*project giant robot

If it uses a Tegra X1, Nintendo might just be forgiven.

It's not completely absolutely outside of the realm of possibility, given the fact tablets are actually a lot faster than a Xbox 360, even if they don't show it off due the lack of AAA games for em.

that was just a demo miyamoto was working on. I think its been scrapped.

thats the rumour

I thought it was Zelda was going to be the only game playable on the floor. But that doesn't make much sense, either.

nintendolife.com/news/2016/04/the_legend_of_zelda_for_wii_u_will_be_the_only_playable_nintendo_game_at_e3

There we go.

This is how handhelds have worked for a long time. They are generally in the ball park, maybe a bit behind, of what previous generation consoles did. Sega GameGear was basically a handheld Master System. Turbo Express and the Sega Nomad played the same exact games as their home consoles.

Putting an HDMI out on your handheld [or probably the same streaming tech that Nvidia uses if the chip set rumors are true] really isn't that groundbreaking when Chromecast has been out for a while now and Nintendo's internal software output has been god awful while third parties still avoid them like the plague.

We'll see how it works out for Nintendo and I'm open to having my mind changed. I stand by my original assertion, though. Right now, there's zero reason to be excited for the system.

Thats probably because they've shifted all development to the nx but havent revealed the nx yet. I guess that would explain why theres no 3ds games playable either.

Yeah but tablets suck

Right now as far we know, the system could be a cluster of atari jaguar Tom & Jerry chips, so its indeed wise to no hype it until everything is revealed, including enough games to worth buying the damn thing in first place.

Which is exactly why you don't see what they're truly capable of.
Lots of rawpower to run crippled unity indie bullshit.

What in the actual fuck is wrong with you faggots

They should be revealing the NX at E3 if they expect people to get hyped for it next year. They're only showing the Wii U version of the game and most people won't be playing that version because they'll want the NX one.

We saw what they did the past 2 years and aren't impressed.

Well theres always the possability the nx is simply not in any state to be shown to people. The wii u released in november 2012, they really havent had much time to work on the nx.
I'm kind of just hoping it doesn't turn into the next 360.

And I'm sure them wasting money on letting the big heads talk to you on a fancy stage instead of a livestream would make that all better
You're all goddamn normalfags that just want to be advertised to instead of play vidya

Did it ever occur to you that the people you're talking to in this thread have played Nintendo's games over the last few years and that's precisely where the lack of enthusiasm comes from?

Fuck you.

In terms of hardware development thats not very long. The xbox came out november 2001 and the 360 came out november 2005. Four years so fuck you.

If the rumors about a Tegra X1 chip set are true, isn't pretty much all of the work done for them?

I understand if you need a big showy E3 presentation with people talking on a stage and tons of prerendered cinematic trailers to get you back on the hype train
I'm just saying that wanting that makes you a casual and/or a hypocrite

And filtered.

No. Considering they keep talking about how different the nx will be just knowing what graphics chip your going to use is nothing.
How will it work if its actually a console and a handheld at the same time?
Will there be a console part that has its own graphics chip?
How are games going to run on the console and then run on the handheld part without being butchered?
How will the OS work?
Theres fucktons that goes into hardware development its not done in a day. And on top of that will little time you have little time also for testing which is how we got the whole 360 red ring garbage.

Fuck you. You’re literally retarded.

Well shit user tell me about all the unique pieces of hardware you've successfully developed in under four years.

wew

I would imagine it would work much like the current crop of Nvidia Shield products do today. Roughly similar hardware just put into a different box.

They will get the nvidia shield, paint it white, stick some nintendo analogs and call it a day.

well considering other rumours also say that the nx will be something like the xbone in terms of power i don't think it will be like that.

I said unique you fuck, making the die smaller every few years is hardly unique when youve been making processors for fucking decades.
also
I think that shows you just what happens when people try to pump out hardware like its nothing.

The tegra X1 is able to run that UE4 demo with particles etc quite well.

I know but not as well as the ps4 which people are saying games can be ported to nx easily from.
Also if the nx is around xbone ps4 power how long is the battery going to last?

You know fuck all about this sort of thing, don’t you?

do you know what unique means?

Well, to make it good for porting games to, it must match the platform in terms of geometry power, memory and CPU speed.
If the hardware have less memory or can handle significantly less triangles per second than the other, this means having to redo the 3D models of the game from scratch to the new system, or horribly cutting elements off screen.
If the CPU is slower, there might not have a way to run the game as it is on the platform, which means rewriting and crippling it horribly.

But if those conditions are met, all the troubles can be solved by reducing screen resolution.

Also on the battery, is indeed a great question, because while the ARM CPUs instead of jaguars and LPDDR4 instead of GDDR5 can go a great way, must see how close the actual GPU can get without being a massive power hog.

well is the tegra at all similar to what the ps4 has in terms of cpu speed and so on? Honestly I'm pretty dubious on the tegra rumour considering nintendos nor any other companies consoles have had nvidia chips in them. Except maybe the xbox i think.

CPU kinda matches if nintendo put the ARM8's at 2 Ghz, which according to benchmarks is around the same power, like Jag 1.6 = ARM8 2.0.
The memory issue is easily solveable by well nintendo placing at least 6GB of memory on the system and not using more than 2 for the OS, then it will deliver the same 4GB Xbone does.
Now the mistery box here is if the tegra can handle Xbone 3D models without chocking on a dick.

I think the xbone gives 5/8 gigs ram for games. Thats still pretty rediculous though how the hell does the xbone use 3 gigs just for the os?

Windows.

Why dont consoles use linux?

Mostly because they use highly optimized cut down versions of BSD that don't require publishing the source code etc due the GPL2v/3v license.
Now Xbone use Windows because microsoft.

Because they would choke themselves rather than allow relatively open source code of their shitty triple A garbage to leak out and have users do something horrible with it like making FREE mods.

No, fuck you and your server software meme too. I was forced to switch to a linux distributive a couple months ago and the two I tried both blow Windows out of the fucking water in terms of speed and productivity. All the video games I care about launch on Wine right out of the box with little to no adjustments.

They aren't killing E3. Companies just want it to go like Gamescom and TGS and have a press day before public days. EA moved their conference across the road because they want to do public days. Activision only has two games (COD and Destiny) that will be at the Sony conference because of marketing deals. Disney pulled out of gaming completely.

They recognize the press is still shit, but E3's not dying. The big companies just want to make the final few days, a convention instead of just a trade show. If anything they are BTFO-ing the press while keeping E3 alive. So there will always be cringe.

Most of the companies making consoles have a history with Unix, BSDs are also much more appealing for a game console in terms of performance, portability, security, support, and even license. Even MS used BSDs outside of the console branches until they replaced most of their infrastructure around the time they came up with Azure.

Considering the last few E3s have been pretty bare-minimum for everyone I dunno.

I mean, Microsoft.

I would assume it's the generation after the X1, considering NVIDIA hasn't updated the tegra line up in a while

also here's Metal Gear Rising running on the Tegra X1, so if the NX has a mode where it can run android apps then expect Rising to be a launch title

They already explicitly said they were not covering the NX at E3.

NoA is dead, but E3 has been for longer. The industry left it in 2007 (there's that year again) when they changed their entire structure and despite reversing these changes they aren't coming back.