Escapism General

What are some immersive PC games you can get lost in?
I would play Morrowind again but I feel like playing something pretty and modding Bethesda's current ass-tier games is an absolute nightmare.

Muh immersion thread.

Have you tried Pathologic ? It's not the kind of game you can simply describe, but it can be something that glues you to your screen with its atmosphere.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Already played both of these numerous times.
I should've mentioned my backlog is next to non-existent.
I think I'll just play modded NV or Skyrim.

Bloodborne has a pretty great atmosphere, especially with headphones on.

Holy shit OP you've got the exact same problem I've got.

This makes two gamer's boredom on the line, please help!

just play anything while smoking weed.

I don't want to live in current year

Nice try Sony.

>>>Holla Forums

Do my words trigger you, sodomite?

Fuck, these autists turn out a lot of mods.

Gothic 2 with the DX11 renderer and HD textures.

that dx mod is slighty buggy, it causes rain to occur indoors as well; unmodded it doesn't happen

I've honestly found it less buggy than vanilla (I've played through vanilla G2 and G2 gold with NOTR probably 8+ times each like a turbo autist), it also runs way the fuck better and doesn't shit the bed when you alt+tab.

I don't remember any rain happening indoors (played with version 17.1).

:^)

>>>/pone/

FPS games with good atmosphere like Half Life 2, STALKER, or FEAR

I really wish more devs would try and make games like Morrowind though: first person exploration/RPG games with a really good setting.

learn to read, onii-fam

I love the souls games though but I don't really get immersed in them outside of some boss fights.

You do know that only summons us, right?

Don't forget OpenMW exists.

Well when I played ME1, ME2, and DA:O for the first time I was completely absorbed into them it was great. I am not sure if you have played them but I had a lot of fun with them when I made my first play through.

If you like Morrowind you could learn to use the construction set. I am using it now have been modding it on and off all this month. All you need is an idea that you really would love to see in the game, that will motivate you to finish the mod.

It works the same way for both links

Except I was already here

Some faggot played Dragon's Dogma for over 150 hours without even getting past the halfway point. The game doesn't really even have that many hours of content, so God only knows what he was doing. But he was, apparently, quite immersed in it.

Gothic 1 and 2
Risen 1
Might and magic series
Emulating some first person dungeon crawlers like etrian oddesy on ds

Holy shit that video goes nowhere.

Goddamn Vox Day is a faggot.

Dark Souls, the world is set up relatively realistically in how it's connected and flows together.
Feels good to just roam sometimes.

I got pretty immersed in The Witcher 3. I know Holla Forums likes to shit on it, but Holla Forums shits on everything and I had fun.

Welcome to philosophy.

Shit philosophy.

Skyrim with mods

Crysis

Outcast

all philosophy is shit. science already disproved most of it.

I just played through Spec Ops The Line in one sitting today. Took about 6 hours being slow like I usually am with any game that uses suspense. Got all four endings and realized afterwards nothing got recorded because lel fullscreen so no webms of the boneitis glitches that happened to the nigger or the ending scene. Pic related is close enough anyway.

Not terribly immersive but held my attention for the entirety. The only thing that pissed me off about it was smacking cover with the butt of my rifle rather than vaulting over it and how many fucking grenades those heavies take to kill jesus christ. Sticky right to the face with his face mask up and he still didn't die.

Inb4 dude weed lmao but I would get really really immersed when I used to play vidya stoned especially in open world games like a TES game (Oblivion is best because of the comfiness) or Minecraft. I don't smoke anymore but if I were to start again, it would be because of that. Weed and vidya go together like beer and steak.

He's right though, stay away

If you're looking for games which you can get really into and lose track of time, then I would recommend Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, which is a Turn-Based Strategy. Word of advice: Play classic first. It's much better than the expansion.

Deadly Premonition.

Immersive, addicting and above all comfy as hell.

never use gamer user

i personally use jaded
thats it

ds1 have the best level and world design in all of the soulborne games

Sometimes I actually consider VR for a brief moment before I realize how stupid that is.

Also, Science is philosophy you massive retard.

seriously though fuck off

This is SJW think mate, who cares who uses a word. I suspect that most of those that have a problem with it are too young to remember when it was in common usage in the 80s and 90s.

He's a butthurt spic mongrel with a rich daddy that failed at making Christcuck FPS games a thing.

He is a pretty good troll though. The salt he mined with Rabid Bunnies was a marvel to behold.