RCT2 thread/RCT2 steam problems

Hey Holla Forumsastards

I've been struggling with rollercoaster tycoon 2 on steam, mainly saving and loading. whenever i smack that mf load button or save button it outright doesnt do anything.

I've tried running in every compatibility mode (it only launches in 98/ME), verifying integrity (Which I'll try again while I wait for responses to the thread) and google which turned no results.

any of y'all able to give me a hand with this?

Also, RCT2 thread I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

openrct2.org/
openrct2.org/download-demo
mediafire.com/download/3cw47sd2wt3hues/ExactRCT1Recreations.zip
discord.gg/011mxzzsD7lWJOeJ7
mega.co.nz/#!Qs0lXLwJ!bxRTBlNMF10xKcbAdyexFm5XYqwL-918paD2tH4aTPQ
mega.co.nz/#!h81z1RiT!4wgaYpc6uPN8w4q_gdPBLAbwQXBgRb9u0qyEiqYOFSE
mega.co.nz/#!spUzHYoD!LT6n9I1pCYvkbPhzfRCze0Bqt-3Q9iRx5VJ42WkrTEM
mediafire.com/download/5bcw39lec5mkxd6/RCT2_EXTRAS.zip
mediafire.com/download/q5l8bvtw3bwjaj3/Trainers.zip
openrct.net/
mediafire.com/download/7wcrq3xl266d1bj/UCES.zip
mediafire.com/download/f3jzct5v8kbzdfj/AmazingEarl.zip
nedesigns.com/
lunatim.com/lunaland/loopy.shtml
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57672247/RCTConvert.zip
rct.wikia.com/wiki/RollerCoaster_Tycoon_Wiki
pastebin.com/c4DCVxqE
rctstationarchive.com/knowledgebase/index.shtml
replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.1111
mega.nz/#!zs5TRQTB
mega.nz/#!e1Yg2CgD
mega.nz/#!y45XmarA
mega.nz/#!y45XmarA!wNMe9b_sWd4dr5rXR1UbZyoIi5Tb9dpCd66zKJyBIkk
mega.nz/#!5F5EyCTC!y8UysfNJ7j9EHRskTbrOMbdbxUZ0v3_xRhdDAj4cqF4
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65758444/Shared Crap/Holla
openrct2.org/downloads
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qgaYvcToNiJ_WU6mlt3FWS_iZ8KKF8EMDWsI7b3MkAA/edit?usp=sharing
ln.steamy.moe/snopte.mp4
discord.gg/011mxzzsD7lUjpqJ7
imgur.com/a/FXJzy
discord.gg/011mxzzsD7lT9a24L
a.desu.sh/qjijoy.mp4
mega.nz/#!utRzUAKZ!ZKP03NMr4Nq4v7Ld7mE9694ij68smbt46DGxvq1Ax7I
mega.nz/#!TxpTBAjY!8vSz1Lvsdw3VbiP1S3kYU3VpMADAeCEZHSqpYiK9rfQ
discord.gg/011mxzzsD7lUUCdHv
rct.wikia.com/wiki/Excitement
i.sli.mg/pvixX5.png
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RollerCoaster_Tycoon#Development
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pirate the gog version, fagtron. It just werks.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:55c74eb1995dcaca7dafc2c3d6aa41e7199c490c&dn=RollerCoaster+Tycoon++2+Triple+Thrill+Pack+GoG

Just download OpenRCT2

I mean I already own it so I want to get it to work…

I've heard that one is still kinda buggy? And I saw in joel's stream one of the track pieces fucked up when doing a bank or loop or something. is it fixed now?

Minimize game with alt tab. When you go to save, it opens a directory window, which may be appearing in the background because steam is retarded. That would make it seem as if it's doing nothing.

I had this problem with the gog version and stopped it by playing with compatibility options.

tried that. I think the window is embedded into the RCT2 window so it cant be alt-tabbed to

How long have you had it? Get a refund and get the GoG version instead.

ive had it for over a year with 112 hours. this only recently started happening

The multiplayer is kinda buggy but I play singleplayer just fine.

That's shitty. I'm guessing you've tried uninstall/ reinstall.

no i havent because im retarded

thanks for reminding me and ill go fuck myself

if it doesnt work I'll ask again about solutions, but feel free to turn this into an RCT general

Install OpenRCT2, it requires the main game to function. It has a much better save system than stock RCT2.

nope, reinstalling didnt work

Are there any mods for RCT3 that adds new stuff, and makes the fence/wall mechanics work like they did in RCT2 where you could put them in the same square as paths, and separate two adjacent paths?

I also desperately want a fucking Picnic Table for my guests to sit at.
Benches are fucking retarded for food court areas.
Zoo Tycoon fucking had picnic tables back in 2001

pirate it and try openRCT
openrct2.org/

You don't even need to pirate it:

openrct2.org/download-demo

got it working, enabled run as administrator and run in 256 colors though the latter probs wasnt necessary

oh i forgot about that

OpenRCT2, just get it.

god dam it. there's a rct thread and no one told me.

we should do another of these

i wish someone told me that advertising campaigns can save a failing park

I was flipping shit over how my park rating was plummeting from 900 to 0 so reloaded my save and tried it when I was still high

now it's just going up again lmfao

nvm dying again

why does this happen to me so consistently

have a great park going, like 1500 guests

then suddenly the rating just plummets with no explanation

I'd be up for one. I've not tried the mulit player but it seems pretty broken. might as well do it the old fashioned way.

Total newbie to these games, which one should i try first? RCT 1 or 2? They seem to be fun autism video games.

RCT2 has more content and a scenario editor, but the basegame scenarios are almost totally shit

RCT1 has amazing scenarios

if you're willing to spend hours making a scenario, get 2. if you're willing to sacrifice some content for good scenarios, pick 1. generally 2 is considered better

I'd start with 1 but 2 is much better. you can build proper buildings in 2 and there are more coasters, and sandbox mode, and openRCT2 which adds a lot of new features. so play 1 but move on to 2 as soon as you can.

just remembered i had this one as well.

so how do we set parks like this up? make one section then hand the saved game off to someone else? what's the whole shebam?

This, it's gratis as in completely free.

yeah that's what we did last time. once you've posted a link to your save file someone else will say that they're doing the next "slot". the only problem is waiting in the queue but these threads are pretty slow so its not a big problem.

bumping for interest. if anyone wants to do another collab park I'm up for it. or I'll just keep playing by myself.

RANDOM PARK AREA GENERATION WHEN

that's already a thing you stupid nigger.

Wait, IT IS?
Since when, last time I shitposted in an orct thread it wasn't.

RCT2 is basically just RCT1 with more stuff. The first game has the better scenarios but they can be easily imported to the first game, you just paste some files into a folder I think.
There's no real reason to play RCT1 if you do that.

how do we set up online play?

Multiplayer is a new feature in OpenRCT2.

ok but if we wanted to do a bunch of 8ch niggering about how would we get it all set up

How nice to see a thread since I just made my first ride in a very very long time (think 5+ years). OpenRCT2 is pretty good.

how

Just an object, people don't actually walk on it. Looks good though! I also remember there were actual diagonal footpaths out there but I don't have them myself.

Played RCT1 again today and kablam, RCT thread

Brings a tear to my eye.

Groot Nederland wanneer, broeder?

Groot Nederland is het altijd al geweest.

Post your most beloved coaster.

can we please do another of these? I wanna flex my creative muscles

maybe instead of sectioning everything off, we could work on one in a massive open scenario?

I'd definitely be down for another. If an user can figure out how to setup a server with OpenRCT we can all work on one at the same time.

A whole conjoined park would be cool but we'd have to either plan things out beforehand or be kind of a committee for when things don't necessarily fit well. Either way, I'm up for more coaster building.

lets just have a discord chat up with VC, so we can tell niggas where and where not to build

Here are the RCT1 scenarios for (open)RCT2:

i was gonna make a scenario that took place on rooftops but i relized how long that's gonna take

this complex already took me probably over 30 minutes

So while looking for info on the development on planet coaster and all the other early access 3D RCT clones I managed to stumble upon one for the older games called parkitect. It's early access but it looks interesting so far; scenery is pretty versatile and the coaster builder is pretty flexible. It only has a completely flat sandbox currently though, so unless your one of those autists that can build an entire park from a featureless patch of land, you'll get bored kinda quick. Worth a pirate at least, if only to fuck with the mods people are already putting out.

Pic related, park I built while messing around with it

If we were to start a new scenario for a collab again, what would be the desired ground to work on:

Flatlands with background scenery
or
a mix between flatlands and uneven terrain. (We could basically use the ORCT2 map generator for this option)

uneven terrain.

and please, lets work in an open environment through multiplayer. more fun that way. no sectioned zones this time.

do we work with infinite money in a sandbox or what?

Infinite money would be ideal. I think most anons would rather not work with financial restrictions hampering their creative output.

And The left image was just a sample. Since multiplayer's a tad more stable, I'm all for non-segmentation.

would we wanna do this tonight? could we set up a discord channel to get some VC/chat going on?

If we get enough people, certainly. Still would need someone to set up the server. I'm bloody retarded when it comes to networking.

WHO WANTS IN ON THE NEXT COLLAB?

definitely me lmao

ill set up a discord for anyone who wants in

It has terrain tools as well.

Count me in. I just have to set up discord and ORCT, but I would like to join.

here's the discord

VERWIJDER WALLOON

Oh shit niggas i should get back into RCT. The scenario's were fun.

If i had trhe chance i'd make the best fucking RCT ever, with a lot of variables and more economic depth. But with a flick of the button you're playing the base game.

you should hide a short track ride inside that building then test it. when its finished testing save track + scenery. then all you have to do is rebuild the ride and you can copy and paste that building as many times as you need.

I'm game but isn't the openRCT multiplayer a bit wank? last thread people tried it but it didn't really work.

those were fun as fuck. time for another collab?

no way this is your first ride. looks really great, gj user

nice ride. are you the wooden coaster user from the collabs?

Is there a mod to turn off reliability decay? I don't like having to rebuild my rides.

Not my first ride ever, but my first ride in a very long time. Thanks for the compliment, though, mate.

Didn't Anons have a Mega link for RTC 1/2 in the RTC general pasta?

yeah but I think those links are long dead/broken. i can post the big ass pasta again if you want as it has some other links that work.

Did they fix the annoying desync in ORCT2? I played it with some friends, and wherever the host placed down workers, the shit would desync for every client.

go for it m8 you shouldn't have to ask me twice

OP THREAD INFORMATION

openrct.net/
nedesigns.com/

Helpful Resources:
pastebin.com/c4DCVxqE

I'll start an old fashioned turn-based collab if anyone is interested. I have pic related ready if anyone wants to start building, just claim it. It works with both rct2 and orct2

I remember that one. we got like 5 or 6 slots done before the thread died. I did this one

yeah, that's when the rct thread started to die out. I feel like there's more interest now so we might be able to fill it out

here's the empty map
mega.nz/#!zs5TRQTB

and here's where we left off last time
mega.nz/#!e1Yg2CgD

claiming it. I'll continue the park that's already started

7th park is done. A modest roller coaster, a Grand Prix go-kart course, with a food court in the middle.

mega.nz/#!y45XmarA

I am making a sticky for the next thread. If anyone has some tips on what to include, feel free to reply. I'll screenshot it when it's done.

What's the decryption key?

the discord for the chat discord.gg/011mxzzsD7lWJOeJ7

Got that, it's almost ready. Anything else?

Not random terrain generation, random park generation. Random rides, random coasters, random concession stands, random prices, and so on.
Random scenario generation.

woops

mega.nz/#!y45XmarA!wNMe9b_sWd4dr5rXR1UbZyoIi5Tb9dpCd66zKJyBIkk

Thread number x

Previous years Holla Forums has proven to be an excellent ride designer, from amazing scenery to bone-rattling rollercoasters. Current status: we have a map running and a Dischord room.

One of the first few posts in this thread should contain some infographs. Use these to make custom objects/scenery/rides and to create some glorious parks, you snazzy motherfuckers.

WEBM's of previous years can also be found somewhere below.

The current map can be found in the latest post, claim it to build your own park and make some pieces of art.

Please report dead links and suggest new links if they are useful.

DISCHORD ROOM

USEFUL LINKS

openrct.net/
nedesigns.com/

HELPFUL RESOURCES

pastebin.com/c4DCVxqE

Previous thread:

Just noticed, Dischord→Discord

This (the multiplayer) will be an experiment for sure. If it doesn't pan out, we'll go back to the old model until we can figure something out. But now that we've got a collab in the works, we'll probably hold off on this until it is completed.

——

Is someone currently working on their park? I'd like to get started on a new plot.

I forgot the fuckton of work that goes into making one building.

I'll keep an eye on the thread, when it reaches autosage I'll make a new one.

Prachtig werk, mijn broeder

Thanks, I try.
It's supposed to be a coffee&cookies shop.

what scenery are you using?

Well I added my section. 5th Part.

New DL link: mega.nz/#!5F5EyCTC!y8UysfNJ7j9EHRskTbrOMbdbxUZ0v3_xRhdDAj4cqF4

I thought it was a candystore, with your rollercoaster Sugar Rush next to it. Close enough.

Just download a benchmark from nedesigns, I used H2H7

Kinda has that vibe to it doesn't it?

Plot 9 is done, but I don't recall my mega password. Have a dropbox link instead.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65758444/Shared Crap/Holla Forums%20x20%209of%2020.sv6

that light house is comfy as fuck

you know you can use pomf.is for the save files or one of the other clones. its starting to look good.
god dam we need to get our shit together.

I'd be down for multiplayer shenanigans if anyone else was.

who's gonna set up an online 8/v/ park for us?

what mod are you using for queue lines? those look so much nicer than the white checkers we normally get.

We still need an user who knows/can learn how to set up an ORCT2 server for us. If not, I can try to figure it out in a few hours. Currently away from my desktop.

Just using invisible paths.

explain

Server is setup and you should be able to find it in the server list

Name: Holla Forums Colaboration Server
Pass: Holla Forums

This will be a map to fuck around on and see if MP is stable enough to do a full collab. So have fun.

I wonder if anyone would be able to make this coaster look good with scenery. It's one of my more twisty Woodens I've ever made.

The version you're running is a bit out of date. Think you're running 0.4-4 when 0.5 is out.

openrct2.org/downloads

Shit, thanks for the heads up. Updating now.

Server's been updated to latest dev build and is lonline again.

Server information here:

Server's offline for the night. It should be back online by Noon - 1pm CST.

Not much to explain. Lay down invisibile paths, then make your own with a nice texture underneath it using objects.

saved

Server's back online
Server information is here:

Got more room for you guys to play around in now, with a different map, although not all of it is flat.

Slow progression.

Looking very nice so far.

Thanks user.

The new freeplay park is coming along pretty well.

There needs to be a huge American flag placed behind the British one.

All it takes is one user who knows how to do scenery and everything looks a hell of a lot better.

Very nice.

coming in to fix some stuff, make pretty scenery and other shenaniggas. is the server up right now?

I'm afraid I just shut down the server for the night. I'll be bringing it up again tomorrow around noon-1pm CST.

I watched one of the dev streams for Parkitect and they mentioned being friends with Leigh Alexander and some of the fags who made Firewatch and got them to voice park guests. Killed my sale on the spot.

…who cares?

Page 10 bump

bump

Does anyone have the WEBMS where this user made a few rollercoasters that want like over 200 mph? Those rides also had a enormous amount of g-force.

ROLLING AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND

GOT PLACES TO GO, GOTTA FOLLOW MY RAINBOW

S-Some one s-should stream making a park

Streaming is for faggots. I made a park in time lapse on my jewtube channel. I thought about webm'ing them but they're all too long so the quality will be low.

THE ATOMIC DISASSEMBLER HAS RETURNED TO RIP THE SOULS STRAIGHT FROM THE BODIES OF THE INNOCENT

I'm currently working on getting the server to work as headless, so it will be a birt before I bring it back online.

Just a heads up. You can't really leave a server to run on it's own yet. It'll crash eventually if you leave it on the same map.

Headless doesn't have as much functionality as I'd prefer to have. No documentation on how to change anything, including user permissions. Bah.

Server's back online.

Struggling to make progress now.

user teach me how to git gud

you never answered how to do invisible paths

also where are you getting all of those scenery parts from? i cant find em anywhere. the tiny ones that make up the fine details.

Pretend you're a visitor. Practice.

Read & my friend

I did, that tells me nothing

But user it tells you everything.

???

im asking where the fuck you get invisible paths, and where do you get all those small detail scenery parts from

We're getting close to capacity for the first freeplay park. Better build some stuff now before I close up the park at 8pm CST. Gonna try to make a webm for it afterwards for you all to enjoy.

I'm annoyed I didn't get in on this. looking forward to the webm. God's speed user.

I told you, download the H2H7 bench from nedesigns!

Don't fret user, you still have plenty of time to join in! It closes in 2 hours, plenty of time to build a good ride.

I can't. I'll wait for the next thread.

Server's offline for the night. I'll hopefully have the webm done by tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

bump

Why are we not using ye olde method for collabs instead of giving money to discord jews

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qgaYvcToNiJ_WU6mlt3FWS_iZ8KKF8EMDWsI7b3MkAA/edit?usp=sharing

It's finished everyone. I was unable to make it into a webm without being able to have it remain readable, so enjoy it from this link instead.

ln.steamy.moe/snopte.mp4

pump

Server is back online. New flatter map, ready for freeplay. Lets see what you all can do.

page 10

looks kinda dumb tbh

Which is best map, and why is it Leafy Lake?

2nd Freeplay park is coming along quite well. Plenty of space for more players to join in:

Bloody file size limits

I love te map too, but it's definitely not Evergreen Gardens

Server's offline for the night. See you all tomorrow.

Here you go; you can just make out the words.

Kek bless you user. Thank you for this.

This is why I cannot into RCT. I have no aesthetics.

Archived, sweet work everyone.

Bump

So guys, how is the multiplayer?

sleep tight pupper

It's become quite more stable than it was when it first was released, although there are definately some issues still around. Not enough to hamper anything we've been doing.

—-
On that note, server's back up again.

kewl

this triggers my autism

Plebs, the both of you.

Playing Barony Bridge to complete the objective often comes at the cost of looking complete shit.

This park was made >12 years ago by my younger self. That kiosk makes me cringe

what park?

does server require any add-on packs? because i cannot connect

Small update

See pic related.

The server assumes you have all of RCT2's expansions installed. Other than that, no extra addons have been used.

——–
Server is back online

Just a head up 0.0.5-9 just came out

Wanted to try and get on the server but apparently I am running the wrong version.

It's running an older version of the game.

Apologies, I way away.

Server has been updated, should work for you now.

I'll try and get on tomorrow for the first time. Sleepy time now.

It seems like whenever I make a coaster with turns like that I get neck-breaking intensities.

It's all a matter of speed and track banking.

If it's >18 mph, bank your turns.

18-30 mph you can use the small 90 degree banked turns.

31-45 mph will require the large 90 degree banked turns

Anything higher than 45 Should have 4 45 degree banked turn pieces.

This is assuming of course that you're making u-turns. If just it's just to to the left or right, then only 2 45 pieces will be needed.

That's helpful to know an outline. Though it seems whenever I use the pieces that turn while also going up or down, that's when the ride starts to hurt. Maybe I just put too much speed on my coasters.

Server is offline for the night.

does anyone have a fresh invite for the discord?

Also for some stupid reason I can never manage to make small coasters anymore without them having a 10+ intensity rating. I can only manage to build the giga and hyper twister coasters now.

my bad, I didn't remember that park and thought it was built from the ground up

discord.gg/011mxzzsD7lUjpqJ7

Savior bump. The server is back online.

It has been decided the current park will be finalized after tonight. If you want to contribute, you have 4 hours to add rides to the park.

Git goin.

Was fun to play around in multiplayer, guys. Last screenshot of what I did in SP today - mostly redoing the building over and over.

Server's offline until Tuesday. I am going away for most of Monday, but I should have the Park tour done by Monday night or sometime Tuesday.

This latest park was pretty fun to build in. However we need a new one. Gonna have a little contest here.

Any anons who are interested, fire up your scenario editors.
Make a new map for the next freeplay park. Best one will be chosen by me and used for the next freeplay sessions. The only stipulation is that it must be fairly large. I will handle invention lists.

I'll see if I can't slap something together tomorrow. May be a bit busy though.

Great park guys. I really like the kiddy land in the center with the pink flowers. I wish i was a billionaire so that we could make a real park.

what number collaboration park is that?

none, it was a free-play park

This is MP freeplay park 2.0.

For MP collabs, we're going to learn towards using themes for the park, as these freeplays are pretty much the same as our prior collabs, just with everyone online at the same time.

i made that kiddy park all on my own :)))))

im rly happy with it

Does anyone else get a crash when trying to put banked track on certain types of coaster? It happens with the steeplechase and suspended swinging coaster, and there may be others that I haven't found yet.

iirc both of those coaster types never had banked turns in the original game, so it could be some sort of bug with the game

Oh that makes sense. If it's looking for something that doesn't exist then it probably would crash.

also you don't really need banked turns with the suspended swinging coaster since the cars autobank themselves when they go around corners

bump

Server's online again. We're gonna try to complete a scenario for a change. Lets go to the bazaar.

And we just beat the map.

W E W
E
W

Moving onto Amity Airfield, aka hell.

Remember to spam that advertising budget.

Server's offline for tonight and tomorrow. I will be back Thursday with the server. I have to help someone move tomorrow.

My apologies for going afk while we were running scenarios and keeping some people waiting. Lesson learned, only go afk during freeplay parks.

I will be working on the park tour tonight. Cheers.

In an unrelated note, a modder is actually make use of lamps in ORCT2. We're actually getting lighting for the night cycle now!

imgur.com/a/FXJzy

holy shit that lighting effect looks fucking amazing

Any advice for building Wild Mouse coasters? I like them for being small and easily-compacted but I want them to be fun without snappin' necks.

Only thing you can really do is to not use the tight turns on parts where the speed is high.

"FIRST ONE TO TALK, GETS TO SIT IN THE FRONT!"

"No one cared who I was until I got the Season Pass"

"If I rip off your seatbelt will you fall off the ride?"
"It would be extremely unsafe"
"You're tall enough to ride alone"
"For you"

"Crashing this coaster… WITH NO SURVIVORS!"

*cough*

mfw

Beautiful.

Bumping to keep on life support.

Holy fuck that's awesome!

How does the multiplayer work anyway? Does everyone share a single pool of money or something?

Not a fan except the lights on the trains.

Speaking of which, sick of rebuilding the same build errytime, so I started working on this cute little thing.

Unfortunately yes. If there's money involved in the scenario then everyone draws from the same pool, but at least everyone here is courteous enough to not act like a huge fag and take it all.

Server is up with a new random generated map. If it looks like shit, make it look better.

We also have use of the map edges as well. Git goin

That Discord link is invalid

Here you go Mr Dubs.

discord.gg/011mxzzsD7lT9a24L

Whole bunch of space on the server. We need builders damnit.

Goodnight /rct/

Goodnight user. Your little park is coming along very nicely.

inspiration bump

Park tour is finally done, but again, not in WebM, due to my inexperience with ffmpeg.

a.desu.sh/qjijoy.mp4

Server is offline for the night. Really liking how the benchmark scenery is being used.

someone needs to make a youtube channel and then upload these to it

Man, that feels good watching that. I was proud of my giga coaster, though I think I know how to make it better next time.

Good work everyone, i'd probably legit go to the park sometime.

One thing I noticed with a few of the coasters was that after a banked turn, the track leveled out for about two squares before banking again. If the second bank is in the same direction as the first, and the type of coaster supports it, then you should keep the track banked to keep the lateral G's down as much as possible.

My guess is that it uses well-timed block brakes. Still neat though.

Incoming; I could probably bump the bit rate up a kilobit or two, but that would take a few more hours to re-encode.

Not to be rude, but holy shit that webm is awful. Might be a better idea to split the original mp4 up into two parts so you can have a higher bitrate

I would think that the static space would allow for higher quality.

What's the fun in that.

It does, but noisy areas that are near in color are really hard to compress and normally not very important. In the case of RCT though, the entire screen is a big noisy mess that will give any codec a bad time.

(checked)

Thanks again for your deliveries webmanon.

Thank you very much user. I work on it sporadically, it's very relaxing to play this game in the evenings with some music or a stream on.

I don't think anyone will ever create a better asusement park management game. Only thing you can do is improve upon what is there and break through the technical limitations it had like OpenRCT2 trying to do.

And this is using VP9 codec?

Last time I used youtube tumblr and vice stole our memes.

Server is back online, but with a new password.

Pass: fullchan

Found out that I couldn't join the server because i was running 0.0.5.10 while the server was on 0.0.5.9, so is updating the server now.

Server is updated and back online.

does anyone have that one webm that was posted a while back of the extremely long ride with the gregorian chants?

Do you mean this one?

or this one?

I made those two rides a few threads back. I'm still pissed that tumblr stole our memes

Just pirated this game.. I have a disc somewhere but I couldn't find it.

Do you think its possible to make a clock out of three coasters, one for seconds, minutes and hours? Circular coasters that represent what time it is by where they currently are on the map.

Doubtful.

Server's offline for the night. Cheers.

Saving this thread.

Server's back online.

bemp

How do I connect to the server? When I try to connect to any server through OpenRCT2 it just boots me back to the main menu.

I made a little something, it's buildings saved as tracks so you can use them in your own parks. I made them in the empty X20 collab park, so it only has vanilla scenery objects, and will work with both the original game and ORCT2. Instructions in pic related

X20 collab park (empty)
mega.nz/#!utRzUAKZ!ZKP03NMr4Nq4v7Ld7mE9694ij68smbt46DGxvq1Ax7I

Carny's RCT2 Building Pack
mega.nz/#!TxpTBAjY!8vSz1Lvsdw3VbiP1S3kYU3VpMADAeCEZHSqpYiK9rfQ

Hey buddy, pretty buildings. I think you did a good job, you should feel good.

Make sure you're running the right version

Its a green dot so it is the right version. 0.5 or something

The error thing on the CMD says "FAILED TO LOAD ENTRY>" and then lists off random shit

Thanks user, it was kinda hard to make them look satisfying without a bunch of custom scenery. Feel free to modify them to your liking though

Found out that for the past 2 years, my cpu fan was facing the exaust fan and thus getting no air flow. It's been rectified, along with some mental self punching.

Server'll be back up tomorrow.

Thanks for this pack user.

How do I connect to the server user? The light is green, the version is right, but my game just crashes with errors.

At one point, I was hosting a map that was kicking out anyone who tried to download it, so that may have been the issue. That is, if you were trying to join in at that time.

Try to join again tomorrow. If you get the same errors again, hop on our discord and I'll try to help where I can. Please keep in mind that MP is still very much in development, so there might be the possibility that you could be SOL.

Discord link for ya: discord.gg/011mxzzsD7lUUCdHv

when ur post goes through the wrong form so 8ch ignores that u set spoiler images on and then u go to delete the post but u just get 502 bad gateway

jfmsutbhfam

Do you have the game with all the DLC? Might be that.

Server's online for the day.

To the user I kicked, It was a mis-click, and I apologize for my stupidity. Feel free to rejoin.

Never doing Inverted Shuttles again

You mean the 2 expansions? Yeah I got those, even some CS, but I wanted everyone to enjoy my pack without downloading a shit ton of scenery.

yeah I don't like those kinds of rides ether but they're so cheap to make and the goys guests love them. That one looks pretty nice.

I had no idea adding scenery added intensity and nausea and increased excitement.

Yup, excitement stops being increased after 48 objects though. There are a bunch of interesting factors that contribute to excitement.

rct.wikia.com/wiki/Excitement

I'll probably never make a coaster like it again…

casual

Tried building a mini wall of excitement last night, pretty sure OpenRCT2 patched this glitch.

dam.. no more mind-breakingly-orgasmic roller coasters with 5 minutes of air time.

well at least i didnt cheat or use custom scenery to get my excitement rating

Server's back online boys.

wait what happened?

some faggot from tumblr screen capped the thread and did a tumblr post about it. Then someone from vice and kill screen (I don't even know what those two things are) did a post about it. Then my youtube channel which had about a dozen views suddenly got close to half a million views. Don't worry Im not going to shill my channel. I just mentioned it because i never really use my channel and i just uploaded the video there because that was before i knew how to webm. It opened my eyes to the true nature of the wider internet and the reality of the shills. those threads like this one were really good but only had, maybe 1 post an hour. would hardly every reach the bump limit. I thought it was quiet but the parasites lurk everywhere just waiting for something, even mildly interesting to crop up so that they can post about it on other sites. sage and spoilered for irreverent stuff.

Yeah, it's well known that they steal our OC.
If we attempt to control it, they'll just come here, and if we don't, then they'll just steal it plainly.
The only winning move is to not play, or to use more gore.

The current freeplay park is coming along breddy well. Good work so far lads.

i.sli.mg/pvixX5.png (>8MB)

Keeping this thread alive because I want to see when the server comes back up

i dunno but i am guessing its a firewall problem
the original rollecoaster tycoon was written entirely in assembly the game might be writing direct hex processor commands and values into a file and your retarded antivirus or firewall blocks it since obviously NO ONE ELSE THAN VIRUSES would ever use assembly and direct processor commands on anything

You are just saying things aren't you.

Server's online with a new map.

The challenge? Make it look good :^)

yes but also
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RollerCoaster_Tycoon#Development

Some of my own fucking abouts with assembly have triggered my anti-virus, so its not impossible. Granted some of those programs could be interpreted as malicious, but still.

Damn, I thought it was only critical parts written in assembly. I didn't know he wrote the entire fucking thing in it
I'm also hoping that's just an image swap error and your not just posting that to get into a stupid off-topic argument over gender politics

found the tranny

So if I banged that guy's daughter would i be gay?

Well, for sure you'd be part of the QUILTBAGPIPE creed

bampu

new thread when

we're past bumplimit

i thought the bump limit on here was 750

That's the post limit