Final Fantasy / JRPG jobs

What are some actually fun/challenging class/job combination that one can use in Final Fantasy XII, a.k.a. the best Final Fantasy™?

So many people recommend min-maxed job combinations it just doesn't feel fun any more when you can just one-shot everything. What are some actually fun job combinations?

Also general JRPG jobs thread, I suppose. What job archetype do you like playing best?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yh__EhMck6s
gamefaqs.com/ps2/459841-final-fantasy-xii/faqs/45802
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the sage post job is very fun.

Anyone with a real response?

I like the talking about video games job.

Generally speaking, I like the job system up until the point where you start to learn more jobs than you can "equip" at once. Then it bothers me that for some reason, even though you've learned so many abilities and such, you can't use them all.

Yeah, yeah, the games would be easy if you could do all jobs at once, true. But then they should be designed around that, problems solved. I don't want the games to be easier, I just want to keep on stacking those jobs as I master them.

Friendly reminder that the only good thing about FFXII was the fuckbunny.

If I wanted to play a game like FFXII I'd just play an MMO.

The doubles-posting job is also very fun.

go shill FF elsewhere, squenix-drone

True, but are other mmos single player?

I'm going to suppose you're playing the Zodiac version, the one with all the new shit?

Honestly I could never get far into it, jobs aren't very well balanced and you being locked into them once you choose them is pretty bullshit.

Just play the normal FF12

So there are MMOs where you can literally do everything in the game single-player? In that case, maybe I haven't given them a fair chance after all.

I wish there was a version with everything the International Zodiac version added/changed, except with the original version's job system.

Can you expand on that?

Some jobs just plain suck, but you don't know it when you start and you'll still be stuck on them.

They have bad ablities, less equip, in general not very well developed.

Can you give your opinion on the classes you've played?

It's like someone realized that final fantasy 12 was shit and just keeps making these threads to try and trigger everyone.

I really don't remember user, I played way too long ago and got tired of it fairly soon since I had to play it on emulator.

I took out my original copy of the game and replayed that instead, much more fun

You're damn right.
FF12 was and still is my biggest disappointment in gaming.

What don't you like about it, user?

Now he's gonna complain that the free movement completely ruined the amazing turn based system that gave the other game so much depth, while shitting on the gambit system because he never got to the point where you could actually have fun with it

why would you ask that, goddamn

actually I was going to say that every fight is a bland as shit "stand around and wait for numbers" bullshit.

the story sucks, the characters suck, the environment design sucks, the necessary grind is not fun, and yeah, the movement system was shit as well. It completely removed the possibility of having attacks that were good looking or unique like every other final fantasy had, which is probably why they promptly dumped it.

FFXIV

oh and, the game is still turned based. Just now it's really apparent how bad of and idea that was when you are standing around doing nothing after positioning your character.

Unlike all the other Final Fantasies amirirte

That's just plain wrong honestly. Every FF takes a different type of environment and does a great job with it. FF12, and ivalice in general is probably the best world design in any FF game. The cities and architectures look incredible, and the natural areas are immersive as fuck.

What the fuck are you talking about, all the animations for the attacks have been the same since the first final fantasy apart from 1 special move

You sound like you haven't played ANY of the games in a very long time. Not to mention FF13, 14, and 15 have a spinoff of 12's combat system, so they hardly dropped it, just streamlined it because fags like you thought it was too hard.

There's something like 4 games where you have to wait for a bar to fill to have your turn that came out before FF12, FF8 being a prime example of this.

That wasn't turn based? That wasn't doing anything?

At least in 12 you can move around and dodge attacks

I didn't say turn based was bad, I said that FF12 did it in a way that was bad.

It's literally the same as FF7, 8 and 9, except you can move around.

If you actually want to have an adult discussion you're gonna have to give me more than that.

Your statement has no logic at all.

as well, no the animations WERE bland and less attractive than other final fantasies.

Example, firaga in ff9 is a huge explosion vs. fire being a small burst. even that is some unique.

In 12 fire is "X damage!" and firaga is "X damage!!"

look at this boss battle
youtube.com/watch?v=yh__EhMck6s

you're going to tell me that this is FUN?
they literally do nothing. You set computers to do 2/3 of the battle then stand around and wait. maybe sometimes you pause it. WHOOPEE

it is not the same whatsoever. in previous final fantasies, summons abilities and whatever even sometimes had video animation.

In 12 they eliminate that for "oh you can shift around in this square but it doesn't actually do much"

What kind of asshole does this? That's not even a good boss battle.

Do you want me to put it against FF7 boss battle? Where you have all the time you want to make a decision and see what you have to do? Is that really what you call "more fun"?

Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9 all have a bar that charges and then they let you have your turn. It's literally the same in 12.

You're just being an autistic sperglord, spouting shit from games you haven't played in 15 years trying to pretend you know what you're talking about, since you jumped into the bandwagon of hate for FF12 while jumping on the "oh remember how good old FF were".

I've seen dozens like you, make up your own opinion, go back and play the games, maybe you won't be such a clueless retard.

Vid related is one of the stronges bosses in the game.

If that's what you think is more "fun" then you are literally retarded. It's exactly as exciting as FF12.

this tbh

what are you, a casual?
and yes it is more fun.

you're the only faggot here buddy.

Actually i'm replaying tactics and FF9 right now, because they're actually GOOD.

Not all the games had the option, dumbass.
It's also a completely subjective opinion, since, once again, you haven't posted any reasons as to why it's legitimately worse.

No user, the point here is that you don't have an opinion. You're repeating someone else's because you actually don't know shit.

sure.

anyway i'm going to go do what I said in

I've got to get through gargan roo.

you're an idiot.

It would be great if you learned to reply, so that you don't look like a complete retard.

you can't make this shit up
Yeah, because you can't play FF without that edge you keep craving like the 12 year old you are
Yeah, you have the edgelord men, and then you have the waifu women. Wow, such a great cast.

You do not know shit. You barely have posted objective opinions as to why FF12 is a bad game, or not fun.

This game doesn't get enough love. Its terribly flawed in some aspects but its probably the last good FF game we've got/will get. To all the fucks recommending IZJS for you, stay away from that shit, the classes are bullshit and broken tho making the damage cap higher + high speed + no chest bullshit was nice. If you want good classes and a good challenge check this out: gamefaqs.com/ps2/459841-final-fantasy-xii/faqs/45802

I'm currently doing my second run of this class challenge since I fugged up my first one but so far it makes the game way more enjoyable. All classes are viable and vastly different. Combat actually requires a balanced party now making the game harder too. Essentially the class challenge works as follows:

My current party is a Dragoon, a Thief, a Chemist, a White Mage, a Red Mage and a Fencer. Shits pretty good, though sadly I've reached the point in the game where my Thief is pretty much only good for stealing and not combat. The elemental's still fuck my shit up even with a Red Mage, better than doing a no Mage run tho wouldn't recommend that at all, thats what I tried at first