3DS Homebrew Bunker

TL;DR: DOWNGRADING FROM 11.0 IS BROKEN
Memechunkhax2 is an exploit used to downgrade 3DS firmware. Most importantly, it can downgrade to 9.2, which is the ideal firmware that can be further exploited for access to CFW, and thus warez and faster homebrew and emulators via kernel mode. This is possible on any firmware up to and including 10.7. Memchunkhax2 requires access to homebrew in order to run.
Memchunkhax2.1 is an exploit, much like it's predecessor, to downgrade 3DS firmware. This time, it works on 10.4-10.7, and is considerably more stable(?). As it is a new exploit that just popped out of nowhere, it may be untested and unstable for some systems and firmwares. Use this exploit at your own risk.
AFTER 11.0, DOWNGRADING IS BROKEN INDEFINITELY
11.0 has patched all homebrew entries temporarily. In addition it has half-patched Memchunkhax2.1. Don't get your hopes up though, faggot. With 11.0 also came the addition of a minimum system apps version list, hard-coded into the firmware. This means that downgrading will be hardmod-only for a while.
RIGHT NOW, IT WILL TAKE ANOTHER ARM9 EXPLOIT FOR DOWNGRADES TO BECOME FEASIBLE AGAIN
An Arm9 Exploit is a full exploit for the system, the last one discovered was in 9.2. Arm11 Kernel exploits previously allowed for downgrades, but with the new introduction of a minimum version list, it will take another full arm9 exploit to enable downgrades.
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher. Note that Tubehax is dead on all devices, all firmwares. Ignore it.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/what-is-a-legit-cia-and-other-noob-cia-questions-answered.386705/
gbatemp.net/threads/guide-the-emunand-save-data-mega-guide-gbatemp-doesnt-deserve.378491/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-inject-any-app-into-health-safety-o3ds-n3ds-cfw-only.402236/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started
pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
python.org/ftp/python/2.7.10/python-2.7.10.msi
pastebin.com/j0SfeDUn
volafile.io/r/acH6c7
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
3dsiso.com/nintendo-3ds-roms-downloads/267759-mega-shin-atelier-rorona-hajimari-monogatari-jpn.html
gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage
mega.nz/#!I89TDIDb!K7AFSVyu3WMoKG6A8RSWaAPEyEK6EhzRYlsLT4QxsHQ
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/267778-shin-atelier-rorona-hajimari-monogatari-jpn-regionfree-cia-x93release.html
mega.nz/#!h01EzYCJ!n1pZRV3EJBUVi_6vW1uVY5wRhRT6QsINt-TFeoniscU
ataber.pw/downgrade.html
3dschaos.com/threads/mset-4-x-6-x-backups-browser-backups-update-packs-all-regions-10-7-packs-added-16-3-2016.446/
unlimitzone.com/4jmy0403kdak/10.7.0-32
mega.co.nz/#!cBxASKwB!bEYap_wAukpLPxWfpSOcTdyR0OMTveEnFuWB9FdA59U
mega.nz/#!B4VmABbA!daID1TPWy3zygA0ZaIjx5lZ7bhU6gUTTs0d1jyE0UN4
github.com/astronautlevel2/StarUpdater/releases
wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?p=404101
github.com/meladroit/svdt/releases
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update
github.com/roxas75/rxTools/releases/download/2.5.2/release.rar
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)
public-dns.info
yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php
gbatemp.net/threads/svdt-save-data-explorer-manager.396562/
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-system-transfer-from-one-3ds-to-cfw-3ds.422720/
youtu.be/UutYOidFx3c?t=47m31s
gbatemp.net/threads/luma3ds-noob-proof-3ds-custom-firmware.411110/page-619
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)
pastebin.com/EBKipkPW
my.mixtape.moe/vxcoit.zip
github.com/d0k3/EmuNAND9/releases
github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases
mega.nz/#!cosQCCKS!XeWIajmvMbAvDUJKN-6MGAJYr_0S8KxSBBOWM_87YEY
pastebin.com/U5ebFNfJ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Luma3DS and ReiNAND are the two CFWs of choice, and support A9LH, as well as having more features: Region Free, Language Emulation, etc.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. A developer is working on updating it, but for the time being it isn't recommended.
All CFWs support up to 11.0 emuNAND for both O3DS and N3DS.
Furthermore, CakesFW is behind Luma and ReiNAND in updates, and the developer is on hiatus.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use NTR.
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
See: gbatemp.net/threads/what-is-a-legit-cia-and-other-noob-cia-questions-answered.386705/
See: gbatemp.net/threads/guide-the-emunand-save-data-mega-guide-gbatemp-doesnt-deserve.378491/
If it isn't showing on your home menu with CFW on, your earlier install of it on sysNAND didn't work. Inject it into the H&S app: gbatemp.net/threads/release-inject-any-app-into-health-safety-o3ds-n3ds-cfw-only.402236/
A9LH is a (relatively) new entrypoint for booting into emu and sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation process does have a slight brick risk and requires a downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable Console-Specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image.
literally google

3DS Downgrading & Setting up CFW Tutorials:
Installation (Follow up to step 3 for sysNAND + emuNAND, all the way for full A9LH Installation)
Thread Archives, 3DSISO Account, and Others: pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
ReiNand Download (Now supports O3DS AND N3DS): github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
Python 2.7: python.org/ftp/python/2.7.10/python-2.7.10.msi
Hardmods and Arm9LoaderHax FAQ: pastebin.com/j0SfeDUn
3d/scurv/ volafile: volafile.io/r/acH6c7

When did Browserhax get fixed in 10.6?
And didn't Smea say that the only issue with 10.7 were the payloads?

Well, I just made the switch from rxTools to Luma and I figure I might as well go all the way and get a9lh.

if I have my NNID linked, I should be good to go for the 10.7 to 2.1 downgrade right?

it got fixed when 10.7 came out, they never got it working for 10.7.

10.7 works fine so long as you have a secondary entrypoint but unless you have OoT3D or Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon you're pretty much fucked. 11.0 is the same, but I don't know if they've updated the payloads for them yet (Smea said he was going to get the OoT3D and cubic ninja ones fixed last weekend). Downgrading is fucked from 11.0 though.

Yes, but make a backup first. You have to restore it at the end. Start here: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)

and to clarify, it's not an easy switch for this downgrade. Memchunkhax2.1 got half-patched but even if you had that the ARM9 has a mandatory hard-coded list of minimum system versions you have to meet. This means in simple, barring an arm9 exploit (the one last found was in 9.2, which is why you downgrade to that), downgrading will be broken indefinitely. Do not update unless you have CFW already.

Also, for anyone using Luma3DS

IF YOU ARE USING LUMA3DS AND YOU CAN'T GET ONLINE, USE THE LATEST NIGHTLY UNTIL 5.5 IS RELEASED

If I want certain difficult-to-find cias that weren't in the copypasta, should I ask here or take it to the share thread?

share thread might be a good idea, but I can try and help.

As always, check 3dsiso or 3dschaos first.

I'm looking for the Atelier Rorona cia.

I already tried both iso and chaos, and all of the links I found were dead.

So is it hard to change from Rx to LUMA?

3dsiso.com/nintendo-3ds-roms-downloads/267759-mega-shin-atelier-rorona-hajimari-monogatari-jpn.html

So all my games saves are going to be wiped, is that right? I'll be using this to back up my saves.

not hard at all, just put in the luma .dat, /3ds/ folder, /luma/ folder, and delete your rxtools shit.

Nope, it was pretty painless. I didn't even delete rxTools yet.
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

your saves won't get lost unless you fuck something up, but it would be wise to go ahead and do that. JK's Save Manager is a good tool.

That also reminds me, here's a little pack of essentials for the 3ds.

mega.nz/#!I89TDIDb!K7AFSVyu3WMoKG6A8RSWaAPEyEK6EhzRYlsLT4QxsHQ

Devmenu, FBI, JK's and more odds and ends. Description and versions with links to all are in the pack.

Is it okay to download the Mega extension for TOR? It's telling me I need it for files over a gig.

I don't know about TOR, but it should be fine, they do all their encryption stuff. Worst case scenario if you really want to use tor you can just get the extension and then uninstall it after.

Another question, the guide says
>If you are using Luma3DS and DID NOT follow Part 3, you should copy the appropriate firmware.bin from Part 3 to the /luma/ folder on your SD card, otherwise the downgrade will fail.
but then
>If your RedNAND / EmuNAND has been updated to version 11.0.0 or higher, you must either put the NTR firmware.bin from part 5 into the /luma/ folder or restore your EmuNAND from a backup of an older version to be able to downgrade. This is because 11.0.0's FIRM broke downgrading.

I'm using the one linked in Part 3 but I tried using NTR just now and it says it's not firmware compatible. I've gotten that error in the past and sometimes it just didn't want to work even on rxTools, but sometimes it did. Is this something I should be worried about? I'm on 10.7 since I knew about 11.0 FW breaking downgrades.

Sounds good, but I suppose I'll just ask Holla Forums, too, just in case.

The file is for a Rom, but that's close enough, I'll just get it converted. Thank you for your help.

I found a .cia one just now, too.
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/267778-shin-atelier-rorona-hajimari-monogatari-jpn-regionfree-cia-x93release.html

mega.nz/#!h01EzYCJ!n1pZRV3EJBUVi_6vW1uVY5wRhRT6QsINt-TFeoniscU

if you're on CFW you can update to 11.0 because you can use the NTR .bin to downgrade. if you just copy it into the /luma folder it should work right.

user, you're amazing, thank you.

Umm, this luma thing, doesn't matter that I am on the O3ds?

I'm O3DS, it works fine.

NTR has a thing where sometimes it doesn't like to boot, too, but it should be fine. The NTR Bin from part 5 and 3 should be the same. rxTools liked to fight with it for me, too, but I've had better success with Luma to be honest. the .bin will let you downgrade if you want though, that's why you can only downgrade with hardmods right now, you're essentially forcing that on a hardware level.

Sorry, I accidentally stroked out reading your question the first time.

All CFW support both O3DS and N3DS at this time. ReiNand used to be n3ds only but has added support (Luma was actually started as a fork of ReiNand to support o3ds).

Nice dubs
Thanks, user.

I'm using the Plailect guide, did the first 4 parts exactly as indicated. The 5th part however talks about copying redNAND to sysNAND, while following the guide exactly means redNAND is still on 2.1 right now. That doesn't sound right. Do I update it to 9.2? 11.0? Am I overthinking this?

Alternatively I can just update redNAND to 11.0 and use a .cia installer to install vidya on there without doing step 5 at all, right?

So I should restore 10.7 to make sure nothing fucks up or am I absolutely fine with 11.0?

you are absolutely fine with 11.0 and cfw.

that is correct. in order to get the OTP, you have to have your sysnand on 2.1. you only have to do the dump once, and then you can install a9lh, then restore your 10.7/11.0 emunand to your sysnand and have an emunand-less cfw. you can stop at part 3 if you want a sysnand/emunand setup, but 4+5 are good to do, and you only have to do it once (back up your otp just in case, though).

Yeah, I did the 2.1.0 thing to get my OTP already. Was just wondering if I had to update the current redNAND before going through step 5, was looking around the page for any info on that. Just realized it says to copy emuNAND_original.bin from a previous step to the root though, so I guess that's the 11.0 version I got at the end of step 3 and I'm pushing that to sysNAND. So that answers that part.

That said, while I see the benefits of step 4 and 5 to prevent bricks it also feels like it's easier to fuck up if Nintendo releases new updates. Gonna catch some sleep for now and do more research tomorrow evening I guess. Thanks for answering, user.

no problem. Also, it's safe, because Luma3DS and other CFWs have FIRM0/FIRM1 protection for updates, preventing A9LH from getting overridden.

Downgrading in progress…

we a9lh now baby, feels great to have my flashcard working again

Anyone got any webms they made or am I misinterpreting the meaning?

Are you fucking serious?

I don't have nay webms but yes you are reading it right, screen capture for games without capture card. Audio needs a cable though.

What does this, NTR?

Yeah it's an NTR preview thing, new 3ds only though.
There's a bunch of guides on gbatemp for setting it up.

You guys are making me interested in getting a N3DS for CFW. Does NTR overclocking really help for 3DS games that had lag, or is it not a noticeable improvement?

Is there really any improvement between of the numerous firmware versions that nintendo releases for the user, or are they all meant to fix the exploits that allow users to take control of the console they bought?

Personally ntr clock speed has helped a lot with 3d in omega ruby to me. X and Y don't get that much out of it though. Senran Kagura burst/2 are supposed to have better framerates too. It varies from game to game. You don't have to have ntr for that though, Luma3DS can do that.

9.0 had themes, 10.0 let you save layouts. Most are patches but some do have features.

Neat, good to know there's options. I'll keep that in mind.

NTR is weird. You have to have cfw to launch ntr. The biggest cfw options right now are reinand and Luma3DS, but cakes is also there (it's a little behind now). To load ntr you have to have one of those, and then you can install an application to launch it and use its stuff. So there are options, but ntr isn't really an option so much as an extension.

I worked on this shit literally all day yesterday. Currently using this github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP) guide, working on downgrading to 2.1.0 to get the OTP set up.

I'm on the part that says it will fail "many, many" times, and it does indeed fail seemingly everytime after about 30 mins of downgrading. After that I have to restore my rednand and do it again – about 40 mins per failure. This process is a huge pain in the ass.

Can anyone who actually knows what the fuck is going on confirm that I definitely need to do this, and that there isn't a better way?

So it goes through all of the file verifications but fails during the actual downgrade? That's rough. But you definitely do need to do the downgrade to grab your OTP (even if it is just a few kb, it's unique to your console).

Did you follow the guide from start or were you on another emunand setup and jumped into this guide?

One solution I found for 9.2 having problems with this was here:
ataber.pw/downgrade.html
it worked on the one 3DS I was having problems on (was previously running RXtools).

I have followed the guide with other O3DS systems for other people and it works 100% (I have done 3).

Other than saying make sure you do the formats, there's not a whole lot to say.

I followed it from the start. It crashes when it gets to the first line that has NDIS in parentheses.

I found a post on GBAtemp advising me to try downgrading from 10.7, but the only place I could find firmwares for download so far is here: 3dschaos.com/threads/mset-4-x-6-x-backups-browser-backups-update-packs-all-regions-10-7-packs-added-16-3-2016.446/

The faggot rapidshare clone he's hosting all this shit on requires registration with email confirmation before I can download, but it's currently broken and not sending the confirmation email to any email addresses (I tried quite a few). Anyone fortunate enough to have a verified unlimitzone account mind rehosting this link on mega? Love you anons!

unlimitzone.com/4jmy0403kdak/10.7.0-32 USA O3DS.zip.html

I downgraded my emunand from 11.0 so that shouldn't matter as long as you have that firmware.bin in sd:/luma

Not exactly what you want but here's 10.3 for a US O3DS. It shouldn't make a difference though.
mega.co.nz/#!cBxASKwB!bEYap_wAukpLPxWfpSOcTdyR0OMTveEnFuWB9FdA59U

Medli's pretty good in Hyrule Warriors.

it's a good idea to switch off because rx doesn't have updates anymore, but if you want to use it then nobody's gonna stop you, just do nand backups before your emunand updates, and know that somewhere down the line you're going to have to switch.

You realize A9LH works on 11.0 too, right? Homebrew access and downgrading is the only thing that doesn't.

give me a minute and I'll get it for you.

downgrading and homebrew access both work fine on cfw though, and the homebrew stuff has actually been fixed. This guy can't downgrade on rx though.

is there anyone older than me?

The only reason I made the switch is because my 3DS would randomly crash after extended play time (I don't like turning it off at all because menuhax is a small hassle in and of itself). If it works for you, it works for you.

10.7.0-32 USA O3DS

mega.nz/#!B4VmABbA!daID1TPWy3zygA0ZaIjx5lZ7bhU6gUTTs0d1jyE0UN4

Until some other CFW has must-have features I'll stick with this since it does what I want it to do and makes things like xorpad generation ezpz. I remember hearing AuReinand or Luma3DS or whatever it's called now has region-changing but I don't have any interest in having a JP or EUR 2DS.

Back to bed, grandpa.

Luma3DS does TWL and AGB patching by default, meaning that all flash carts are unblocked and gba vc games work without fiddling with nand - it also has firm0/firm1 protection so you won't get fucked by future updates.

for Xorpads and shit, just use decrypt9, decrypt9 and emunand9 can do so much more than rx. And, if you're not using the nightly (which you aren't, because it got the tools stripped out), you're even further back.

Also switching is easy as fuck, literally just download the latest luma3ds, copy the 3ds and luma folders and the luma3ds.dat to your sd.

It even has an updater .cia so you can get updates as soon as they come out, it supports stables and unstables.

you do need to get the latest version from the bottom link for the time being, but after 5.5 comes out you can hop back on stables.

You guys are both really cool. Love ya.

Trying it this way now.

An updater cia's pretty fancy stuff, it'll definitely be on my list if I ever migrate.

I probably shouldn't admit to this after the other user whose dick I would gladly suck uploaded that firmware to mega - but I somehow overlooked putting the firmware.bin into that directory.

Restoring and downgrading again now. I suspect it will work this time!

Oh user. That was a really important part. Oh well, now you know what went wrong every single time your downgrade failed.

It was a negroid oversight, but in my defense holy fuck is this process convoluted

enjoy your destroyed 3ds

Was there ever any proof of that? I don't remember seeing any, honestly.

I think that was mostly some guy sperging out but honestly there's better reasons not to use rx now. Decrypt9 matches and outdoes what the tools could do, it doesn't get updates, it doesn't support a9lh, it's lacking firm0/1 protection, it requires manual AGB/TWL Firm patching, and now 11.0 is out so svcbackdoor11 is gone, so half the retroarch emulators won't run at the full speed they could.

For those passing on Volafile, there are requests. Feel free to fulfill them.

I've got both, give me like an hour to upload them, and convert the rumble world cart from .3ds to .cia.

just kidding I found one already in .cia

you know it's really not that hard to use 3dsiso, right?

Am I going to be able to clone the functionality of one SD card to another so I can hold more gaymez without having to do file transfers all the time? Is it as easy as copying the files on the good card over to a virgin fat32 card, or is there some kind of ID or weird filesystem shit i need to do?

if you have an emunand there's weird filesystem shit you have to do. If you're using A9LH with updated sysnand you just have to copy the files over.

Depends. If you did a9lh, all you have to do is copy over all the files you have on one sd card onto another and that's it. If you have an emunand you have to format the new card to have a hidden partition, inject it with your current emunand, and then move over all the files.

A9LH NIGGA.

Getting hyped.

Does this A9LH allows me to play DS games without a flash cart? It's been a while since I've entered these threads so I have no Idea what it is.

No, and no CFW or homebrew will ever allow this.

No, there is no way to play ds games without flash cart, even gateway comes with a seperate blue sticker flast cart (blue card) to play ds games. If you're looking for one, I would recommend the r4i gold rts, it's only about $15-20. There are cheaper options, but the r4isdhc is shit.

DS games without a flashcart is still an impossibility, we'd have to wait for an official distribution method ie DS on Virtual Console for that to be a thing.

there will never be DS on virtual console for 3ds. 3DS plays DS games natively using TWL_Firm. There was one release of Warioware touched in Japan that got pulled for .cia but that can't be injected into because it's not as easy as VC.

also fun fact the 3ds plays gba games natively as well with AGB_Firm. This is why it takes so long to load either, and can't have the home menu in the background. It's also why people using emunand+sysnand have to install it on both.

I guess volafile makes sense for downloading lots of titles at once, but I prefer using shameless (can't get sockfile to work).
That way you know you'll be getting legit CIAs by downloading straight from the eshop servers to the 3ds.

What you assume is that the Warioware Touched and Advance Wars Days of Ruin games on VC are DS games. They aren't: They're custom builds of those DS games that run as DSiWare, they aren't the same ROMs as DS game ROMs. That's why you can't just inject/swap DS games into them: they aren't DS games to begin with.

I figured as much considering they install the the TWL section of NAND, and not the SD card.

Yeah, so until someone finds out how/sneaks into Nintendo and steals their tools nobody is gonna get DSiWare DS ROM injects.

It would be amazing, though.

Anybody tried doing SNES injects with this? I'll probably try it sometime this weekend and let you guys know how it goes

wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?p=404101

Or maybe not if this is a virus and it kills my entire system

I've always just downloaded my injects. If you can actually make fucking banners you should share them.

just booted my first pirate .cia

we freedom now

Well, here are some, in case you don't have these.

mega:///#F!3x9HyK5S!xQNNG9T7hQgoMeU2W6MCwg

Duno wat banners are lol I just found that guide in a quick startpage search.

Bump because I might change to Luma from RxTools, but I'm too lazy. Can some user compress everything you need or something of the sort?

Why inject when there's retroarch emulation?

How do I backup my saves on OoT so I can install OoThax?

just follow the image, drag /3ds and /luma and luma3ds.dat and to the root of your sd card, yes it's that simple

to delete rxTools, just delete that folder in your root and within /3ds

If you're using an autobooter (why the fuck do people do this) scroll down for more info

ignore this and

github.com/meladroit/svdt/releases

What do you mean? I'm not supposed to put it in the root?

Also, once I switch I will conserve all the stuff I had in my emuNAND and SD, right?

j-just ignore my grammar mistake, yes put it in root

Yeah. Even if you were doing a9lh, everything is preserved.

THANK FUCK. BEEN TRYING TO GET THAT SHIT ON MY 3DS FOR FOREVER NOW.

Don't worry user. I'm a spic, I'm sure I have a lot of grammatical mistakes and don't even realize.
I think I need to download the non dev version, right?

What are the benefits of a9lh?

Plailect mentions it in his guide.

Going to al9h my 2DS once the 64 gb card I ordered comes in. Going to make a fresh emuNAND since I'm paranoid about rxtools shit on my current one. For me the main benefit is peace of mind. It seems that once AL9H is in you never have to worry about accidental updates again. Or even really needing to hack the console. Or menuhax, sysupdating, etc.

So al9h is an autobooter like said?
I don't know. If I make a new emuNAND I might do it.
Also, my emuNAND is from RxTools, what's so bad about it? Your NAND can really be fragmented? Should I do anew one?
This are the most important questions, how do I do a new emuNAND and how do I get all my shit back from the RxTools NAND?

As for now, I'm too scared to try. I think I'll just do the regular boot on menuhax and shit, since if I somehow fuck up on emuNAND is not that bad, specially since I have RxTools.
I have a 8gb mini SD. This shit is hell.

4.5 ds profile master race (11 emunand btw)

Fuck no. I better load normally my emuNAND. Fuck this shit.

I grabbed the non dev version so I think so.
It's a lot things but right now I'm playing a previously blocked DS flashcard on my 3DS. You can play DSiware and GBA injects right away. Games like Smash and Monster Hunter would reboot your 3DS when you exited out of them but now you don't have to deal with menuhaxever again. You gain whatever the hidden emunand partition ate up in your sd card back.

rxTools has nothing to do with the creation of your emunand, you probably used emunand9. I had been using it up until yesterday anyway and the process to have a9lh went without a single hitch.

Just switch to Luma and begin here github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)

and if you're scared just read the FAQ

I haven't touched my 3DS in months, so I'm still on rxtools 2.6 (OFW 7.X, if that matters). I'm trying to get things upgraded. My version is so old that I can't even launch the CFW anymore, I get a 403 error when I try to. According to what I read on GBATemp, it sounds like it's because roxas has nothing to do with it anymore. I just downloaded a newer version, a nightly build from February, so I can get things moving and replace it with something else. I'm reading the quick start guide that came with the download, and the final step is pic related. Am I supposed to be visiting those URLs in the 3DS browser? I've tried that, but I keep reaching nearly blank pages and get kicked out of the browser after a few moments, my 3DS telling me that there was an error, save my data, and restart.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update

That's how I got here. I need CFW functionality to do anything. I can't even check the version of my SysNAND as far as I know.

Don't grab the latest nightly, grab exactly what the guide tells you to, which is an even older build than you have now. github.com/roxas75/rxTools/releases/download/2.5.2/release.rar

Well I guess I'll try this. I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to be following that part of the guide or not, I've asked other places and I've gotten a few different answers. Some people have said to just skip to step 4 since I have CFW already, though at the moment it's inoperable CFW.

Some homebrew requires you to be on 9.2 is all. I'd send you to Part 3 to read over everything and switch to Luma before Part 4.

Is it a long process to replace rxTools with whatever else?

Not at all, see

So I booted Luma for the first time. What with the configuration screen, should I change something?

Apparently not

nvm, here github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

You don't really have to do anything for now but if you want select Show current NAND in System Settings and save. If you have out of region games with dlc, you might want to enable region/language emulation too. If you follow Plailect's guide all the way through it'll tell you other things you can then take advantage from it.

See, this is what I mean, I get a different answer from every single person. You say to follow what the other guy says, which seems to be:

but this guy says to follow that part of the guide (which is confusing, it talks about upgrading sysNAND, which I'm not sure I even need to do, I can't tell because I can't get into rxtools)

Oh, sorry. I'm that same person. You have to follow that 9.2 guide and then read Part 3. If the guide says to use specifically rxTools for a part, ya gotta. I think it's because rxTools supports older sysnands. When you ARE able to switch to something else, you'll know.

I think that guide is best to follow from the begging and if you want to install a9lh, which I'm going to do tomorrow.
Can confirm is right. The boot time between RxTools and Luma is astonishing.

As I get it, if you already have a emuNAND you just need to get the Luma files, which are in that other user's post.

Alright. May as well just start doing something. The worst that'll happen is I still won't be able to play my Nip games if something goes wrong, which is right where I'm at right now anyway.

This part of the guide confuses me

What does this mean exactly? That my emuNAND have to be the same region as my sysNAND?

Wrong. The worst is bricking your console, which is unlikely if you don't fuck with sysNAND. Good luck.

Wait shit, sorry let me just make this clearer

read github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started
it will tell you to do this guide github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update
And that guide will take you back to Get Started. You will be able to skip Part 2 (because you are already on 9.2), but I think you have to do Part 1.

If you have never fucked with region changing (to access a different region eshop or to use the japanese keyboard), you don't need to worry about it.

Well it was a paper weight until I gained the ability to circumvent the region lock, so it's basically all the same.

I'm on 7.X, at least, that's what my OFW is.

Oh wait, I'll be on 9.2 after I'm done with that section, I imagine is what you meant.

Well, shit, black screen on Luma. I'll restore my emuNAND.

All cool now. I think I somehow fucked up, because while I was starting a game it said "SD card was removed press home". Maybe theSD moved somehow and fucked up my emuNAND.
This is why I fear a9lh.

Alright, the update to 9.2.0 went smoothly. Now, the guide states:

Unless menuhax is included in rxtools somewhere (and I've looked around the menu), I don't have that. So how would I proceed from here? The other options don't seem to apply to me.

I shouldn't need to downgrade, right?

Sorry about all these questions, but things have gotten a lot more complicated in the year (or however long it's been) that I haven't been paying attention to the 3DS scene.

I tried some NTR streaming.
If only I knew how to make webms properly.

jesus christ how the fuck didn't I notice this high pitched ringing noise

Thanks. I got Rumble World already, and am waiting for Fates.

Already talked about it several times, but I'm one of those rare folks who can't access both Mega and most of these sites, due to random lulzy ISP blocks. Speaking of which,…

yes, go to part 1 and do a quick read of part 2 too just in case there's something there for you. most of your questions are answered directly by the guide.

In Part 1, you can skip steps 3-5 and ignore the "as fast as possible"s, that's for firmware above 9.8
In Part 2, do step 2 then skip to 20
For Part 3, do 1-3, make some folders in sysnand spelling out 'sys', then load into homebrew and launch luma and watch out if there's any folders that also spell out sys. You wouldn't want your nands to be linked so this is to test that since I have no idea what the state of your emunand is.

Injects are usually better performance, and GBA injects run nativelym so that's a plus.

I put that there more as a disclaimer than anything, pretty much all of the bricks from that are user error. Just read a guide and dont be fucking stupid.

Check your SD card, if the connections are dirty or it's out of place, move it around. A9LH is a one-time setup, once you get it done you're good, you can't fuck up your sysnand like that because it's all on the internal nand chip.

I have it but the upload can't do it right.
Have you tried 3dschaos.com?
Also, if you go to 3ds.titlekeys.com you can see a bigass list of IDs and Keys, if you get cdn-fx from gbatemp you can either download the encryptedtitlekeys.bin or manually enter id's and keys to get them directly from nintendo.

You don't need to downgrade. Menuhax is a homebrew thing. follow step 1 to get homebrew set up, and then you can skip to part 3.

What do you need to do to get flashcards working in a9lh?

Both 3dschaos.com and 3ds.titlekeys.com are ISP locked. I guess they're blocking most links with 3ds on the name as long as it's not the Nintendo official sites.

nothing. If you're using Luma3DS it does TWL patching by itself, so all blocked flashcarts will work. If your flash cart doesn't have a title like some early ones that would autoboot every time on the ds lite, you have to get a launcher .cia for those.

Where the fuck do you live user?
I'm putting up fates now, at least.

Nah I have cakes. I used the github guide way back when it was fairly new and there wasn't a bunch of drama over the names of things.

by who? Who the hell does that?

I've only used cakes once so I don't know what it does in the way of that, you could get an old twl firm cia but that's a pain.

Belgium.

Isn't "ISP locking" just making their own DNS not return the IP of those websites? You can change your DNS in your internet settings, it's not hard.

Alternatively, ask someone to ping the website you want to visit, and replace the url with it's IP adress. For instance, the url linking to essentials in would become 154.53.224.138/#!I89TDIDb!K7AFSVyu3WMoKG6A8RSWaAPEyEK6EhzRYlsLT4QxsHQ

Google has a public DNS to get around iSP locking. Set it to 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4

Yeah, but using Jewgle's DNS to access 3DS piracy websites may bring problems of it's own at some point in the future. But to safe from that kind of trouble you'd have to use a VPN which would also solve the ISP-lock problem by itself as well.

You do know what a DNS does, right?

If Googles was ever compromised, you can just use a search engine to find a new public DNS. Hell, save the middleman and find one now.
public-dns.info

Find a country with a good record on privacy, and use that.

Hopefully you know how to change a DNS. Just log into your router, if you dont know how, google for the online manual. Go to advanced setting or connection settings and find the dns option, turning off isp set dns and entering your own.

so, i'm on 10.8 already, on N3DS, but if I were to get a Sky3DS+ cart, would I still need to run the homebrew stuff? Or could I just pirate my games and then run it like I would from the R4i SDHC cart for regular NDS games?

there is no 10.8. If you get a Sky3DS+ you can run 3ds games like the r4isdhc, but you have to fiddle with private headers and shit. It's cheaper to get a copy of Ocarina of Time for $20 and a powersaves for $20 and then downgrade with that.

How can I check that I'm in Luma3DS? The system settings version doesn't have anything special next to it.

if you have sysnand and emunand unlinked, you can change the theme on sysnand and emunand to tell. also, when you open luma3ds in the homebrew launcher hold select and check the box that says show current nand.

I never realized. This is fantastic. And just using the Action Replay powersaves with it will grant me piracy?

it will grant you homebrew, which you can use to downgrade and get piracy (assuming you're not on 11.0, you said 10.8 but that's not a real firmware version).

Daily reminder Gatewayfags are the biggest cucks on the face of the planet.

ah, I just know I'm not on 11.0. I don't actually recall which firmware I'm on. I'd check, but my DS is dead, but I'm lower than the 10.7. I'm probably on 10.6, since that was the last one that was required for online play.

If you're on 10.6 you need to get a copy of Ocarina of Time, or if you're Using a new 3ds and have smash brothers, you can do some weird shit with that.

Also, you can try the steps here: yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php

and see if browserhax will work. if you can get it, then you can downgrade for free. Follow Steps 1-3 on the guide from the last post for sysnand/emunand, 4 and 5 for full-sysnand A9LH.

So a buddy of mine is thinking of picking up the hyrule warriors new 3ds and hacking it. Is the firmware low enough on a new bundle to be able to downgrade it?

there are no 3dses right now shipping with 11.0 unless they're refurb. Any 3DS should be downgradable, however if it's on 10.7 then you have to have an exploit game.

In short, yes, you should be fine.

hay guys, anyone got a link to a decent guide on getting .3ds roms running? Gotta convert them to .cia or what?

Everywhere I look has info for flashcart faggots, I'm a9lh master race.

convert them to cia or just download cias

i've been out of the loop for a while, im using rxtools, what should I update to if I only want to run on emunand(greatly interested in language emulation)

get luma3ds, it has language emulation built into it, if you hold select before boot you can get the menu and just enable it, then read the luma wiki to set it up.

to install luma, copy the luma3ds.dat, /luma/ and /3ds/ folders to your SD card, and then delete your rx stuff, and boot like normal with menuhax.

currently, luma's latest stable version doesn't work with online because of 11.0, but it's been updated.

get the latest from the second link, and then when the latest stable comes out you can use that instead.

Thanks a lot, man. Also, I might as well ask, what's the best software to clone our emunands?I want to switch from a 16GB sd to a 32 GB one

So I have VC games installed on my sysNAND. It's safe to try to apply a9lh with those in sysNAND? Should I format it?

on your PC you can use USB Image Tool, but what I would recommend is take a .bin backup of your emunand, copy it to your pc, format a new sd card for emunand with decrypt9, then copy your files and restore your .bin with decrypt9.

What are the benefits of switching to A9LH over using something like ReiNAND?

I've been using the latter for a while, but I've been considering making the switch.

a9lh is nit a cfw. a9lh is an entrypoint, like using menuhax to load it through homebrew. Reinand supports A9LH.

The benefits of A9LH are protection from softbrick, 100% boot rate, and load times about the same as a stock 3ds. In addition, you can dump emunand and go sysnand-only, and update it to 11.0.

since you have cfw you can start here

if you want.

So, I am just now moving over from rxTools to Luma3DS.

I got it up and running, but I can't seem to get into Luma3DS's config.

I have been doing the hold select thing, but I get nothing.

Does this have something to do with ctrbootmanager?

Nevermind, I just had to begin holding it IMMEDIATELY upon choosing Luma3DS

Congratulations capcom, you did the impossible.

So, I have to update my emunand to 11.0 first in order to downgrade to 2.1.0?
Also, keep asking this

You know how in RxTools you had to hold L when the screen flashed red? Same thing, do it as quick as you can.

I would recommend you don't actually, downgrading from 11.0 has been finicky even with the firmware.bin. As for the vc stuff I'd say go ahead and uninstall it from sysnand first.

You know when people say there are no stupid questions?
They're lying, that was a stupid question.

you can prolong the time for pressing select if you give it a boot screen

Assuming you know all your need stuff is working.

Do I really need Luma to install NTR? Saw a tutorial who says I need Luma and saw another who doesnt say anything about Luma.

Can't install NTR because says the CFW is not supported and I can't find a way to fix it.

I just want to stream some vidya

You don't install ntr, you just install the booting .cia. I think you have to use Luma for that because of the ntr firmware.bin, I don't know if rei supports that. Check part 5 of the install guide to get the .bin.

Question for the resident 3DS pros here:

I did a complete AL9H setup with Luma, but my Fantasy Life saves are gone. There was no backup option for the game.

They are in my original SD backup folder(00001132), but when I copy them over the system doesn't recognize them (obviously I screwed up something with a downgrade).

Is there any way to inject these saves into the new save files I have created or can they be imported?

I have looked at FLsavetool and the Editor but see no solution there.

Shoulda backed up those games user. pretty sure they cant be imported if moving the file didnt do anything.

You can't back up save data for Fantasy Life through the system. It won't allow you.
The best I could do is save the SD folder for it.

Is there some reason you couldn't have used these?
gbatemp.net/threads/svdt-save-data-explorer-manager.396562/

lack of education before going in

There are any other game that doesn't allow you to restore saved data?
Good thing I just started Fantasy Life.

Thanks, friendo

MUST I have A9LH in order to be able t use luma?

I'm not sure if I was just lucky, or if it's because I was using a pretty old and mostly unused 3DS.

You can just select Luma through the homebrew browser to start up emuNAND, A9LH just does it at startup and eliminates the need for emuNAND, plus it has brick protection.

/r/ing pokemon super mystery dungeon .cia

I'll put it on the vola for you when I get the chance user.

Alright, so I got a question - I'm currently running AuReiNAND, but am interested in Luma3DS proper. What do I need to do to install the latter while keeping everything I've installed from the former, and what benefit does this have in the long run?

Fug

Literally scroll down to "Switching from ARN"

Luma IS AuReiNand but updated and with new name due to ~reasons~

I'll put a copy of CDN-FX with the latest encryptedtitlekeys.bin on vola so you can download your own games, just open cdn-fx and go to title downloader (enctitlekey.bin) and you can get them direct from nintendo's servers. If you get a game that's new (>9.9) and it doesn't boot, just go to the page on the eshop and then it'll start normally. If you get an out of region game that requires that, open decrypt9 and do cia decrypt (deep).

OH thats what i had to do

Jesus Christ, I'll never understand any of the crap you guys spout. I guess I'll just go ahead and update my 3DS to allow some sort of feature in Fantasy Life and keep using my old flash cart on my DS just to be safe.

user people here overcomplicate things.
Don't drop 3ds piracy because you don't understand.

Go into your settings, and check what version you have first, then I can clarify for you.

> github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)

Just follow this guide. I found the walls of text and jargon absolutely impenetrable as well, but I can actually follow pretty well now having gone through this one step at a time.

And I have free games!

Speaking of free games, any recommendations outside the mario sphere?

Bravely Default is the best thing I've found on this system so far.

Azure Striker, Hyrule Warriors Legends if you're on N3DS, either Kirby if you're into that, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Shovel Knight, Star Fox 64, Ultimate NES Remix, Yo Kai Watch is pretty neat.

Also the Zelda games if you're into those.

7th Dragon 3 is pretty solid.
EO4 is good avoid EO:untold 1 it's mediocre and EO:untold 2 is just flat out bad.
Rune Factory 4 is maximum comfy farming simulator even if the waifus are mediocre

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is breddy gud with bonus 3D tits, and I personally second RF4 and EO4 that mentioned.

Also, if you played 999, there's the sequel Virtue's Last Reward. Not as good but worth a play. If you haven't played 999 for the DS, then go do that. That game's amazing.

Here are some games that I actually own:
Devil Survivor Overclocked
Rune Factory 4
Lord of Magna
Style Savvy
Etrian Odyssey 4
Tomodachi Life
Soul Hackers
SMT4
A Link Between Worlds
Tales of the Abyss not saying it's good, just that I unfortunately own it

As for games I've been playing recently
Story of Seasons is solid but it has some bugs and occasionally crashes. Save often.
Pokemon Wilting Y Rebalanced has a decent difficulty curve, unlike the grindathon that was NeoXY.
Langrisser Reincarnation Reincarnation is a very bad game and you should avoid it like the plague unless you're a masochist or hate yourself like me
I really liked 7th Dragon III. It's like EO but you can see your characters and there's some cool mechanics like unison attacks. Art by Miwa Shirow.

Fuck the postgame of 7th dragon though the power ranger reject just keeps killing me over and over.
Really fun game though, I like the difficulty.

I didn't much care for Lord of Magna even though I own it too. Just no real difficulty and a lot of things just felt flat useless

God Hand or Mage EX skill cripples him hard, I made my Rune Knight use his Brave attack and then Vengeance over and over while using the dragon hatchlings to max the mage's EX skill again.

Yeah I only played through Magna once. The crafting was really vague and I didn't particularly like slow bowling. Mainly bought it to show interest in for more Rune Factory so it's not like I regret buying it though.

I guess, that feels a bit cheap was my main reason for not just spamming all the EX attacks

He tends to kill off at least one party member per round so I don't feel bad about making him lose turns. It's your call. Agent's EX skill is a guaranteed hack so you can debuff him if you don't feel like going for a really cheap match.

seesh that really does trivialize him, killed him in 6 turns he never got to act

I need a straight answer: I just updated to Luma 5.4, can I update to 11.0 so I can do a system transfer?

So long as you understand a system transfer is not going to transfer your non bought games (not even legit cias) or a9lh (because the OTP is console specific).

I'm system transferring from a legit 3DS (that has a broken top screen) to my hacked 3DS. I just really want to save my NNID and Pokemon Bank stuff. I was told in a previous thread a system transfer would work. Am I still under the right assumption?

Yeah, that should work. I did a system transfer from O3DS A9LH -> N3DS A9LH and it worked fine. If you have a lot on the source 3ds though, don't do wifi transfer. I did and it took all night.

Could you go into more detail here? What do you mean create a folder "in sysnand"? I really have no idea what you're talking about and the guide isn't helping me here. Do I do it through Menuhax? Luma? Something else? I've successfully done everything up until this point though.

Also, isn't it kinda dangerous to mess with sysNAND?

Sysnand is the menu that boots up normally. Emunand is a menu that's seperate, on your SD card that cfws load. When you format one of them, they become unlinked.

You want to make a folder on your Sysnand menu so you know that you're in sysnand and not to update. I like to have it a different theme instead, but you just want some sort of indicator so you know what you're in and you don't accidentally fuck up and screw yourself.

When you're doing a sys/emunand setup yes, don't fuck with it. If you install A9LH so long as you have a nand dump you'll be okay because A9LH can open Decrypt9/Emunand9 before boot and restore a functional NAND backup before it fails to open it. With Menuhax, you have to wait until it's fully booted before it even does anything, so if you fuck up sysnand there, you're boned.

Folders are something that came in a later update, it's something you can do by going to an empty space in your sysnand home menu and pressing 'create folder' on the bottom of the bottom screen.

Oh I see. Thanks. I'm pretty sure I unlinked them when I installed rxtools months and months ago, I remember letting rxTools download updates but my normal firmware was still on 7.X all the time. Though my games appeared weather I was using OFW or CFW. Not anymore for some reason, since last night my .cia installed games only show up in rxTools.

Anyway, just make some sort of change, theme change, make a folder, whatever, when I let my system boot normally, then boot into Luma. If the theme/folder isn't there in Luma then I'm good and I can move onto part 4 of the guide, correct?

if you do a theme change on sysnand it'll break menuhax, so maybe leave it white and change emunand though.

other than that, yeah.

here's some more info.
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-system-transfer-from-one-3ds-to-cfw-3ds.422720/

Glad I went the folder route then. But before I can check Luma I need to figure out what the hell is going on, I just get a black screen when attempting to start it from Menuhax.

Ah, apparently I needed to hold select while booting it.

yeah you just have to do that the first time to get the options set up, it should work after that.

I've been using an O3DS with RxTools for a while, read the thread and decided to switch to Luma3DS. Everything went well and I noticed that Luma supports switching regions if you add a text file with the game id and region settings in the right place. The JP game boots fine, but there's one problem.

I'm not getting the Japanese on-screen keyboard when typing comes up. The Luma thread at gbatemp says it should come up automatically, but it doesn't and I have no way of switching inputs. Do I need to add something to make this work?

Well, I don't think it's working. The only thing I selected was "Show current NAND in System Settings" and then pressed start. I ended up on the home menu, but none of the game I've installed are showing up, the new folder I created is there, and system settings looks exactly as it normally does, I'm seeing nothing other than Ver. 9.2.0-20U in there.

When you pick the settings and hit start it does a soft reboot (Luma has a strong emphasis on A9LH) - just load it back up and don't hold select this time.

It doesn't do whatever needs to be done automatically? When I used rxtools I just installed any Japanese game I wanted to and launched them whenever.

Ah I see. I misunderstood what was going on, sorry.

This all flied over my head the first time I saw it but the more I got into this stuff the more it made just a little more sense. If you have time I'd recommend watching the whole thing. This this part is explaining arm9, and then what a9lh is all about.
youtu.be/UutYOidFx3c?t=47m31s

If you still get a black screen after this it might be Luma doesn't support a 7.1 emunand. You might have to use a nightly version rxTools for a bit to update emunand.

When you exit system settings you get booted back to sysnand. When you confirmed the settings in Luma, your 3ds was rebooted, and since you didn't hold a certain button to load homebrew, you are still in sysnand.

The problem isn't with booting the game, that worked with RxTools and it works with Luma3DS. With RxTools I couldn't get a Japanese OSK no matter what so I just gave up on it, but Luma3DS is supposed to support all keyboard input languages too. I'm not getting the JP keyboard.

He's talking about the language emulation feature, not just regionfree. It should still do everything automatically, though, the best solution here would probably be just to take it to the thread on gbatemp.

ask around here: gbatemp.net/threads/luma3ds-noob-proof-3ds-custom-firmware.411110/page-619

I think that user updated to 9.2 first.

Oh yeah, I updated my sysNAND to 9.20, but I didn't do a thing with my emuNAND. I remember updating it months ago when I played Dragon Quest VIII so it should be updated. But I'm not sure, since after following >>9412044's instructions, I still get a black screen when attempting to boot up Luma without holding select.

Oh I see.

This is going to sound silly but how do I know I have A9LH?

Installed RXTools from the Holla Forums guide a few months ago. That guide was huge so it's no surprise something like "A9LH" doesn't ring a bell.

I was having a similar issue, try using reinand to boot it once and then you can use luma3ds again, I think (I had the same issue when I was downgrading my new 3ds for the first time).
github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases

You'd know if you had it, you have to downgrade to 2.1, dump your OTP, and then install it. rxTools doesn't support it, either. Once you install it, you get coldboot like a stock 3ds, but loading into cfw.

did you downgrade 3 times?
if no you don't have A9LH
Do you have to boot into homebrew?
Then no you don't have A9LH

Did your guide mention to never ever update sysnand? If it did, you don't have a9lh.

I've done hacked my 3DS a few months ago when the downgrade became a thing.
Got Rxtools via the guides here on Holla Forums, helped some other anons out a bit, played some good games, and then never checked the threads again.
Why even get this Luma3DS and/or a9lh?

Thanks, I'll try that. Do I just merge the 3ds folder from that with the one on my SD card, or do I have to do something with the files and the "rei" folder as well?

Is it safe to update emunand to 11.0?

merge the 3ds folder, and copy the rei folder and dat. same as luma. If you decide to update using rei, it's normal for it to error out at the end, it has native firm protection so it won't get a full update.

If you want to try luma again, just load up rei once and then try luma again. Luma is a little less friendly to emunand in my experience, it's leaning more heavily to a9lh users these days.

Luma3ds has way more features than rx, and because rx is just behind the curve. A9LH is a good entrypoint with 100% boot rate, so no more red/yellow/whatever color screen freezes when starting up with menuhax, and no emunand - you run your 3ds like stock with all the advantages of cfw.

yes, it is safe to update emunand to 11.0.

Also, once you get a9lh installed, you can skip .dats and the /3ds/ launchers for both, at that point you just need the arm9loaderhax.bin in the zip and the luma or rei folder.

I did it with rxtools and it's fine. Just, as always, make doubly sure you're on emunand and turn off tubehaxdns if you have it active

A9lh looks nice, but since I'm already with a working emunand, I'm not gonna take any more risks and effort.

Is there an easy way to change from up-to-date rxtools to up-to-date luma on sys9.2 and emu11.0?

download the latest version of luma and copy the /3ds/, /luma/ folders over and the luma3ds.dat, then delete your rxtools shit.

You have to get the latest build because the stable hasn't been updated for 11.0's friend list changes yet, but once that happens you can get stable builds from here:

and you can get a .cia updater for luma here:

Must be some other issue. ReiNAND gets as far as the anime girl logo and then it black screens as well. Not sure if I need to hold any buttons to get to an options screen like with Luma or not, I haven't looked that up yet.

Me too user, I just stuck around forever.

safety
peace of mind
having an emunand is unnecessary, so it won't take up hidden space on your sd anymore
in addition, a9lh with Luma: your flashcards are instantly unblocked and your gba and dsiware games are easily installed and playable, no more bullshit like before

I was afraid of fucking with my 3DS any further, too. However, if you thoroughly read and follow the guide, you're basically safe. If you have a faulty SD card or remove your SD card without ejecting it first leading to corrupted files or have a corrupt download, then there will be issues. You'd have to ignore all the safety checks to actually brick your console.

well except if RNG decides to fuck you and give you the sick .02% brick chance during the 2.1 or second 9.8 down/upgrade

yeah that's strange. I don't believe there's a configuration menu for Reinand.

Do you have the keyfiles on the root of your SD Card? If not, try getting them from here:

This user is right, unless you're really fucking stupid it's not hard, I've done it to 5 3DS now.

This the only thing I care about. I don't care much about flashcards and gba and dsi.

How is it more safe than just using an emunand on sysnand 9.2?
Is the lack of risk of updating sysnand the only thing?

it's un-fuckuppable once you get it set up if you have a nand backup, even if you brick your sysnand you can load up decrypt9 before it loads the system and restore an old dump. If you're content with emunand, stick with emunand but for some people it will be more worth it.

Well yeah but that's like the brick chance of simply installing a CIA.
And once you have a9lh you're protected from bricks too, you can just restore your nand before boot.

WTF are you talking about user?

If I have rxtools, how do I switch over to a9lh? Can I keep my data and shit?

Yeah, I have everything but TinyFormat on there, since I shouldn't need it.

yes, you can keep your data. First be on 9.2, switch to Luma3DS or ReiNand, then follow steps 4+5 of this: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started

Strange then. You made the emunand with rxtools right? If you made it out of a cloned 7.x sysnand it might have shit from that in there. Try opening it with rxtools again on 9.2, maybe.

If you can load it up with rxtools, try using safesysupdater/plaisysupdater to downgrade the emunand or just get the 11.0 files and do an update with one of the sysupdaters, it should replace any files that are the wrong version.

if you used BBI or FBI you have a chance of bricking when you inject a CIA.
Devmenu doesn't have that chance reportedly

Yeah I did, I played DQ VII and VIII last year after modding my system and installing them via .cia, so it should be fine. I've even got an emuNAND back up somewhere.

Maybe I should load up rtools and update the emuNAND? It was bugging me about updating last night, though I'm pretty sure it was on 9 something.

what are the advantages of luma over rxtools? I have used rx since the exploit for 10.3 came out (havent even updated it) and have never had any problem other than the rare failed boot.

I can't answer, I'm just trying to change to something else because I was tired of needing to use a browser exploit to start it up. That may not be needed anymore though, I don't know.

yeah, try doing a manual update with sysupdater, or just through system settings is my hunch.

Luma patches TWL and AGB firm on the fly, so no messing with nand for GBA support, and all NDS flash carts are unblocked.

Luma has Arm9LoaderHax support if you decide to go that route, FIRM0/FIRM1 protection so you won't get fucked up by a future update, and language emulation. Plus, Luma is actually getting updates. rxTools hasn't been updated in months.

That bigbluemenu, right?
Jeez user, don't give me an heart attack…

Never even heard of RedNAND. The fuck, tutorial authors?

rxTools no longer receives support or updates also apparently it can fragment your nand

DevMenu is DevMenu. I can upload the version I have to vola.

9.2 on the sysnand right?

BigBlueMenu is a copy of devmenu with the copyrighted stuff ripped out, it's also out of date.

H&S injection has always had an issue that could cause nand fragmentation, mainly with the Gateway/rx implementation, but for all the sperging out about it it's really not that big of a deal in practice, and I think Decrypt9 can treat that.

rednand is the same thing as emunand, it's just a minor technical difference. You don't have to follow steps 4+5, those are just for installing A9LH. if you want to stick with emunand, just ignore those.

check out that hip cool FAQ user

no Devmenu is literally the Developer menu to install your CIAs from the Eshop when you're testing them.

Neither did I, but basically, it's just emuNAND, it even say so there in the guide.

yes, sysnand on 9.2.

I already have the latest devmenu leak (11.4) in a package I posted earlier.

Shit…
Guess I should be using this over bigbluemenu then…

thanks

Thanks user, I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Fucking hell, now rxtools doesn't want to launch anymore, I'm getting "An error has occurred." when I try to do the browser exploit. I know I solved this last night, but I've done about 78 things with my 3DS since then and I can't remember how the hell I did it.

try going into the settings and clearing the data (it's at the bottom). If there's a .3dsx rxtools launcher, which if I recall there might be, you can get in that way.

nice trips, but I need to sleep, so I'll come back around tomorrow and help out then.

Thanks for all the help thus far. I'll try doing what you suggested just now, but then I think I'm throwing in the towel for the night too.

Is there a reason you're not using menuhax?

I'm a yearish out of the loop, that's why I'm trying to catch up. I'm looking into booting rxtools from menuhax right now.

Nintendo's still tryin to shut us down via updates, that's hilarious.

I have a gateway myself and it's comfy as fuck due to .3ds roms instead of having to install .cias, that and real time memory hacking.

These 2 though, they're some next level faggots. It's ok if you don't want to use it, but don't write a damn novel basically whining. Shit.

How are .3ds roms better than .cia? I thought it was the other way around, .cia being an official format or something like that. It even allows you to play online without patching your shit.

Inject, not install.

Oh fuck it. I can't find anything I'm looking for anymore, all I can find is how to start it up from cold boot, which is not what I want. I'm way too goddamn irritated to get anything done at this point, so I'm throwing in the towel for the night.

Jesus, this has been the most pain in the ass mod I've ever dealt with, even the damn Wii wasn't this bad, and I needed help from some of the people responsible in hacking the system since my Wii was a launch Wii and special steps needed to be taken.

I don't have to wait 40 years for them to install, and I don't have to use FTP or unscrew the backplate of my N3DS to transfer new games. Just take the card out, copy and paste, put it back in and done.

I don't play online ever. I hate online shit. On portables even more.

Don't feel bad user. The 3ds scene is probably the least organized scene to have ever existed. Everything is all over the fucking place.

Even the PS2 scene wasn't this messy.

The only way I can see .3ds as remotely good is that you can move the games as files in and out of your sd easily where with cias you have to install them. roms take up more space than cias and can get banned from online.

Socketpunch lets you install cias over the network.

Oh, I see.
Gonna stay with bigbluemenu then.

Modding my PS2 was easy. I didn't do it until a few years after FCMB came out I think, but it was pretty damn simple.

I can't even remember the steps I took in modding my PSP. I remember the hardest part being finding an up to date guide. Once I found one of those, the rest was a breeze.

If you have installed menuhax, just boot it up. It'll load the homebrew launcher, and then you can load rxTools. If you followed Part 1 and have not changed your theme since, you have it installed.

that's exactly what you want

Yeah, I can still get into menuhax just fine. I'm just not sure how to boot rxtools from there, all I can find are old guides about the browser exploit, and the aforementioned cold boot method, which I thought was for having the 3DS default to rxtools on boot, the instructions are much lengthier than booting Luma or Rei, at least.

I know that, but I still have to wait who knows how long for it to install, and hope the network doesn't fuck up while doing so. I prefer the ease of just copying and pasting and it's the only reason why I still have my Gateway.

You had to be there before FCMB was even a thing. Now it's easy peasy, but back then it was a mess of outdated guides and jerry rigging shit with ducktape, paper, straws and who knows what else. That or purchasing a modchip and opening up your PS2 to install it and solder that shit in. Nowadays it's all about the softmods. follow 1 or 2 guides, press next and boom, done.

Hey guys linked my NNID with my CFW, will I get banned for playing my games online? or only my pirated games

You can play online with pirated games even.. You need to unlink NANDs first, which I assume you did already.

I legally bought Smash Bros but I pirated the DLC and I've been playing with DLC chars online and haven't gotten b& yet so I think you're safe

Do you have rxTools correctly installed? Is there a folder in /3ds/rxTools with the .3dsx? That's what makes it show up in homebrew so you can launch it.

Here's an old retard's guide just in case, it should work for rxtools. ctrl + f CFW; steps 1-5 should be all you need to do.
pastebin.com/EBKipkPW

I did have it in there at one point, but got some error. A retard's guide could be good for me at the moment, I'll give it a read and see what I can do.

Well fuck, I don't think I can do that either. It fails on step 2, it says that the requested URL doesn't exist and that there was an error in the middle of things.

Is it possible you have Nintendo servers blocked in your router?

Nope, I never blocked them.

Goddamn. I wish OP didn't destroy the old copypasta because that build of rxTools was the one I used to use and share all the time.

FOUND IT
my.mixtape.moe/vxcoit.zip

fuck now I have to figure out how this was done

How much do you care about what's inside your emunand right now?

All this pain will go away if you clone sysnand to emunand with emunand9 (and then resume with luma) but I can't remember if that wipes your emunand or relinks them back together or if it actually is the simplest solution of all.

Not a great deal. I think the only saves I've got on them at the moment are DQ VII and VIII saves, and neither of them have new game + features, and since I've completed them, I'll just start over from scratch next time anyway. I've also gotten the suggestion to convert emuNAND to redNAND, but I'm not sure if that'll actually have any effect or not.

Well, first try what I suggested (clone sysnand to emunand) and we'll go from there.

Emunand and Rednand are basically the same thing but if you want to go ahead and do that back up everything on your sd card because emunand9 will wipe it clean to remove your emunand. I'll post specific steps for you but this should be a last resort.

oh whoops, forgot to give you this
github.com/d0k3/EmuNAND9/releases
stick the /emunand9 folder with the .3dsx in the /3ds folder
launch homebrew and select emunand9
select emunand manager options
clone sysnand to emunand

Alright, I'll try this first. If worse comes to worst, I can always restore my emuNAND back up, right?

worst comes to worse you'll have to make a new emunand or rednand, since we're having difficulty entering your emunand at all

pray luma works this time, and give it a few moments to load

Holy hell, it fucking worked. Looks like I'll have to reinstall all my games unfortunately, but it's a small price to pay.

Thank you (and everyone else who helped me out) a hell of a lot. I just hope part 4 and 5 of the guide go by relatively painlessly, but that I'll find out tomorrow.

One question though, are your nands linked? Are the 'sys' folders in emunand? If they are, you'll want to tinyformat emunand.

Tomorrow I'll try to figure out which folder with the long string of numbers you'll have to delete because technically your games are still installed in your sd card but now they're just taking up space.

I don't think they're linked. I created a new folder earlier that's in both of them because I cloned it, but then I switched to sysNAND, created a second new folder, switched back to Luma, and I only saw the one from earlier.

Alright then, that's good. Since you've cloned sysnand to emunand you technically have menuhax in your emunand. It has some use to you right now.

github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases
grab the zip and merge the 3ds folder with your sd card's
put fbi.cia in a folder called /cia or just put it in root
hold down on the d pad when you launch luma to trigger menuhax in emunand
go to fbi and install fbi.cia, exit homebrew by pressing start but not rebooting
you should get the gift message and have FBI installed.
Change your theme to something else to get rid of Menuhax, it'll fuck up your home menu when you update emunand.

I actually do have FBI installed already. Now that I think about it, if I have it now, I guess it was installed in sysNAND?

Also, whenever I discover where my hidden games are and delete the folder, will it delete any that I've re-installed since then? I had already started installing one (that's taking a really long time, being 3 GB). I can just cancel it if it's going to be deleted when I delete that folder anyway.

You still want to install the new version of FBI. Does it have a cube for its banner? That's the latest one.

Nah, if I'm right you should have three different numbered folders in /Nintendo 3DS or something. One of them is your sysnand, one of them is your old emunand, and one of them is your new/current emunand. The one with the largest filesize will be your old emunand (because it has more things installed there), you delete that one.
Go ahead and cancel your install anyway because otherwise it'll get confusing when it comes to the filesizes.

Yeah, it's the cube.

Also, apparently changing the theme in Luma will break Menuhax period. I thought it would still be usable when I boot my 3DS. Now I need to get that working again.

That shouldn't happen. Do you mean it got stuck on the yellow screen or it's not there at all in a coldboot? The former is a common issue, you just have to try again, but if it's not there at all that's a big problem.

It's just not there at all anymore. I imagine I could just follow step one of the guide to re-instate it.

When you reinstall it, check if the theme changed in emunand too and then change it again. If that affects menuhax again you have something odd going on and might have to fully do part 3.

I think there's something weird going on period. I changed the theme from emuNAND, and it also changed in sysNAND. However, I didn't see that folder I created in sysNAND in emuNAND. I'll check again once I've re-installed menuhax again.

Okay, so I'm back in Luma, menuhax is working correctly. Out of the three folders I created in sysNAND, I only see the one that was there from before I cloned it.

You say I should change the theme to break menuhax in emuNAND, which should NOT break it period, right?

There shouldn't be menuhax in emunand at all but I think I know what the problem is. You have to tinyformat sysnand. Goddamn it I should have sent you to this guide from the beginning. When you initially make an emunand it automatically clones your sysnand and that's why you have to format one of them.

actually just tinyformat emunand right now, you don't even have an NNID

I think I did that once before, but I probably have to do it again after all the shit I've done tonight and last night.

So I have to follow part 3, step by step. I'm basically re-modding my system, despite already having CFW on there before. Formatting will entirely wipe it out, won't it?

Ah okay. I'll try that tomorrow, it's really time for bed now. Thanks for the help.

It's scattered, you have to piece a lot together from a bunch of different places, is the problem. That's why I mostly link the the one guide.

The PSP is a joke now, with infinity firmware it takes like 15 minutes from nothing to permanent cfw.

you're safe online with legit and pirated.

you have to have the .3dsx launcher, the browser exploit launches the code.bin file, if I recall.

sorry but I just don't want people getting the wrong information. Someone can put it back in if they want to but at this point rxtools isn't relevant to anyone unless they're already running rxtools.

if the themes are changing together that's a bad sign that the nands are linked. Did you have your NNID on the old emunand backup by the way? I think if you did you can just inject it into your new emunand.

Tinyformat is basically a system format, so yes, it will.

Sounds like I missed some stuff. I used 3.60 (I think) of… something. My model of PSP couldn't be permanently modded, so I have to click on Fast Recovery every time I start it up, but that's no big deal, it only takes a few seconds and I'm back in CFW again.

Installing infinity is stupidly easy, I already have a package built too.

mega.nz/#!cosQCCKS!XeWIajmvMbAvDUJKN-6MGAJYr_0S8KxSBBOWM_87YEY

If you want to do it just do this:
1. Download the package, copy everything from the infinity folder to your MS.

2. If you're not on 6.61, update to 6.61.

3. Run the LME Installer, then the LME runner, then the infinity builder.

4. After the builder is finished, plug your PSP up to your PC and copy the Data.MFC file from /PSP/GAME/MAKER to /PSP/GAME/FLASHER.

5. Run the flasher, then reboot and check your system settings, you should see infinity fw.

6. Run the LME Installer and Runner again, then open the Infinity config, hit left, and hit X over LME. You'll see an asterisk appear next to it. You have permanent CFW now.

7. Delete the MAKER, FLASHER, and 661lme_installer, 661lme_launcher folders.

Since you're not on 6.61, just copy the 661.PBP out of the Maker folder and put it in /PSP/GAME/UPDATE, rename it EBOOT.PBP and run the official updater first.

you do have to have both 661.pbp and 631.php in the maker folder for it to build it, though.

also to clarify this is for PSP 1000-3000s not for PSP gos.

I'll get the next thread when this one 404's, I'm going to work on the OP a bit more so I can mitigate some of the questions about basic questions like emunand updates.

Actually I think I'm on 3.66 now that I think of it. I might give it a shot. Maybe. I'm kinda terrified of trying to change things after this 3DS mess. I'm about to format sysNAND and see if I can go from there.

oh yeah, you're the user with rxtools.
Did you have your NNID on your original rx emunand? I think you can pull the nnidsave out of it with decrypt9 and inject it into the new one.

I don't remember. I guess I could look in decrypt9.

if you never set up an nnid on it then don't worry about it but with the way nnid works it's a fucking pain, I just thought it might be easier if you did that with your old rx nand. I think the problem with your rx nand was leftovers from 7.x, if it had a native firm from then nothing would be able to load it.

Cleaned up the OP Pasta a bit more, added back the last rx nightly with disclaimer.

pastebin.com/U5ebFNfJ

New Thread