RIP Gran Turismo

Been watching the reveal stream, game looks like Real Racing on the iPad

How the mighty have fallen, I'll just stick with iRacing.

Nigga, racing games were mobile-tier of complexity since the inception.

Realistic racing games are shit. The only thing niggers care about are muh graphix and two new ricer car models being included.

The casuals can't even say "muh graphics"

Look at this shit, fuck Gran Turismo. I was fan since GT2, I looked passed all the shortcomings of 5, didn't bother with 6 as it was 5.5 but now all this on the ps4?

Its just GT6.5.

Still waiting on that sequel to GT4.
Still waiting on vehicle damage with some effort put into it.
Still waiting for cars that don't sound like kitchenblenders.

They got us to the Moon last time, how about racing in the Ocean floor this time? :^)

don't fucking remind me
why do they even waste time and effort developing that nonsense

I still don't understand how this happened. Especially since Turn 10 had so much catching up to do by the time they were established as a studio. Yet they have improved on so much shit that Polyphony STILL hasn't implemented in their games.

I honestly feel sorry for people who prefer GT over Forza for the fact that either Sony is gimping development, or the actual developer has no idea what they're doing anymore and/or they just don't give a shit.

I was/am a massive GT fanboy, but I would never deny even Forza 4 shat all over whatever GT had to offer.

Are Polyphony just complacent? Is Yamauchi the problem? Why aren't Sony whipping some sense into them? I don't even know what to think.

All I remember from all the damn racing sims is DLC cars, DLC maps, always-online shit, goddamn terrible physics, terrible tracks, dumbshit AI, and exp grinding.

Is there any hope left?

And yet Sony axed Evolution Studio, they put so much effort into their game compared to what PD has been doing.

Here's just a reminder.

I felt the same way as you did after a few months with GT 5.

And around that time there was a promotion for iracing so I took it. It was a free 6 month membership, I had already bought a G27 and shifter for GT5 so I used it for iRacing and I never looked back since.

When I tried coming back to GT after months of iracing, GT felt arcadey, the physics, the sounds, everything felt off.

And judging by this new GT game, it looks and feels the same as the previous GT's.

GT2 is still my all time favorite.
I also really liked either 5 or 6, whichever one it was on the PS3, because the racing was solid and the content was enormous and they constantly added more with dozens of free patches.

I'm done with consoles now, though, unless they release a console some day that out does PC capabilities in a massive way that PCs for some reason can never match - not a likely scenario.

Gran Turismo for PC when?
I also hope they go back to the god tier music that GT2 had in some way.

Probably why they were axed. Effort, passion and give-a-fuck are all bad for the bottom line. Minimum effort yields maximum returns in the vidya industry.

If they have VR support for this one I'd consider buying it.
I just want to be able to drive in the game like I do IRL.

The cars in DriveClub felt super clunky, and DLCs were everywhere.
That said, it was a great game though.

Project CARS is what you're looking for, then. It's light on content and heavy on DLC, though, so pirate that shit if possible.
The VR experience with it, though, is pretty goddamn good.

Thanks user, I'll check it out.

And that's why most games are boring, no one puts passion into it anymore.

How is it with VR? I don't have a VR headset but would it be worth getting?

I wouldn't say a VR headset is worth buying at all right now unless you've got tons of disposable income, or can get a DK2 from ebay for cheap - not because VR isn't great, but because the prices they're asking for gen1 HMDs are beyond ridiculous.

That said, the VR is great in Project CARS, yeah. You feel like you're really behind the wheel of whatever car you select, and most (but not all at the time I last played it) interiors are also detailed and nice to look at. It's also really surreal playing with hood-cam in VR, because you feel like a tiny insect clinging to the hood of the car as it zooms down the track.
It's a great experience for sure. Not one worth nearly $1000 - not by a long shot - but pretty great.

This is a true fact.

Polyphony has been complacent, even though GT5 was a shitshow because they worked deals with all the car manufacturers and did things like develop Nissan's on board systems. The GT name alone sells copies even if GT6 had a 50% drop in players compared to GT5

But the bigger problem GT fans can be as bad as souls and Naughty Dog fanboys in defending the fuck out of them. GTPlanet went to shit after the GT5 defense force and anyone reasonable was chased out of there long ago. Even though GT Sports looks like trash. GTPlanet and neogaf still are defending the shit out of it (Though getting a mild kek at GT fanboys crying when driveclub fanboys compare screenshots and demanding that there be no comparisons till the finished game). Turn 10 got their ass kicked over FM5 and made a much better FM6. Codemasters got their ass kicked over GRID 2 and DIRT Showdown and made DIRT Rally. GT Sport already has a defense force and it's being loud as fuck.

Project CARS is already far beyond what GT Sport is doing in technical terms. When a 3rd party crowdfunded game obliterates a big first party game features and graphical capability. It's time to stop.

Is GT even relevant anymore?

The magic and community is kinda, small now, I feel like going back to older Forza, Gran Turismo, Burnout, and Project Gotham Racing, because fuck how the current state of the industry and how treats it fans and communities.

If they got Naughty Dog to make a cinematic one-push story on Gran Turismo, it might! :^)

Racing games are a niche now, after several clusterfucks by Sony, Microsoft, EA and Ubisoft, I especially the blame the last two faggots for adding their Triple A Microtransaction grindfest P2W bullshit to racing games.

Got any links to Neofags or Gtplanet? I want to see the salt flow.

It hasn't been for a while now.

Thanks for the info, guess if and when I manage to save up money for a VR kit I'll buy it.

This looks shit, and I enjoyed GT6.

Flatout 1 is 14 years old, yet still has better suspension mechanic and damage system than any GT. Lazy as fuck devs.

How was Forza 6, I'm guessing there was still a season pass and shitloads of DLC but the base car count was higher right.