Flight Simulation For A Pilot

I am going to sign up for real flight classes to become a pilot soon. What is a good simulator for me to get a grasp behind the wheel?

Starfox.

oh here we go

DCS

wut

vector strike
war thunder
Luftrausers
Simple Planes
elite dangerous
time of dragons
Star fox
Jamestown
Touhou

Have you never heard of Microsoft flight simulator? Seriously?

MFS 2004 is pretty good, there is also MFS X, never played it.

user my nostalgia.

so old though…is it still modern enough?

it's better than X by far, X felt like an arcade game.

If you say so. Any good equipment brands for the yoke and thrust I should know of?

I'm no expert but i'd go with whats cheap, shit can get pretty expensive fast, unless you want to get pretty invested in this.

BTW MFS 2004 should work in Windows 7, tried it recently and it worked.

honestly I shouldn't go too expensive.

Flightschool in real life is expensive enough….

X-Plane is your best option as a flight school companion sim.

I played it with a keyboard for thrust and just about everything that wasn't the actual yaw, pitch, and roll.

Yeah, looked into it myself. I think it was 20k for a personal license (which you need) and another 20k for a commercial license plus you have to have x number of hours of flight either privately or as an instructor, and an annual medical examination, shit gets expensive fast.

I actually like interacting with my instruments and being able to open the door to my plane mid flight causing decompression and death, thanks.

I work for the most popular cellphone company…I can use the money I make to fuel my funds.

nigga i said X-Plane, not MSFSX.

o-sorry fam

Question, does one first go straight for the private license, or do you have to start at the lowest licenses and keep buying the lower ones until you get to the private? Or do you just have to buy the private license and then get the hours for a commercial license?

You'd best ask at a flight school, they'd tell you.

Moat of the planes you'd be flying were built 40 years ago so it's fine. MFS used to be usable to count for some hours towards your license, too. The DCS series has much better simulated modern-er aircraft but they're all military.

After Burner Climax if it didn't get taken off the PSN and XBLA