What does Holla Forums think of Danganronpa?

What does Holla Forums think of Danganronpa?

Good games.

Great concept, execution varies heavily between cases.
I like that dead characters stay dead.

DR2 had the shittiest, most unsatisfactory ending in VN world.

Overrated but definitely not bad

Some characters lack a bit of depth, the style of the first game is still fucking fantastic and the guy making the art for the games pisses off Escher Girlsesque goons

Fukawa best girl

I don't think the ending of 2 is as bad as "it was all just a dream lol"
Being all just a dream is bad because it implies nothing you did happened or mattered.
The simulation did happen and it wasn't all in your head

Would've been better if they had established the simulation thing earlier because it's a lame twist, it took all the steam out of the ending and they could've used the "u die in real life too lol" cliché to actually build some suspense.

Also fuck that cop-out after DR1 basically said bollocks to pussying out.

All i know is that this game is the reason why we are cursed with the existence of Junkofag.

Mostly good mysteries, fairly immersive, okay characters, shit overarching plot. It's average on the whole, but its style is unique enough to make it stand out.

A collection of very entertaining murders and characters that happen to be in a vastly overcomplicated plot. I don't think it's necessary to make the overarching plots of these about weird technology and whatever the tragedy is supposed to be. All they needed at most was to have the same setup as Battle Royale or something.

also some extremely good music and an art style that I thought was bad at first but it really grew on me.

Its a decent game if you play it spoiler free.

Junko is the town bike of Waifuism. The only positive side is that she reveals those with plebeian tastes.

Mukuro best girl.

Started it, never quite got back to playing it. Seemed alright.

I have a strange attraction to Sakura.

Who is the worst girl and why is this Ubuki ?

A poor mans 999/Virtues Last Reward.

I've never once paid attention to this series besides knowing it had its fifteen minutes of fame with Tumblr teenagers that hadn't actually played it but claimed to be fans all the same.

Ibuki is second best girl, worst girl is quite obviously Hiyoko and if you don't think so then you have shit taste.

Mikan is best girl

Junko is not a good character, but she sure is a fun one

It's still kind of lame, more because the setting is way too lighthearted
Like the tone of the earlier game was that this was a super serious situation of kids being "trapped" in a highschool but then a fucking pokèmon shows up to fuck with the students and act as the comic relief AND executioner of the situation
DR2 is just drama with an extravagant setting, more or less

It's fine for a Phoenix Wright-style game, and I liked how the story sometimes tries to anticipate what you're thinking and then goes against it.

A bit too much on the waifufaggotry and the "us gamers" circlejerking though.

i want to bully mikan with headpats

Lewd

The despair shit is fucking stupid but the presentation and execution is so solid that I can't help but be entertained, I'm certain DR3 will be a shitshow but figuring out murders is my weakness

Mukuro Junko is the best Junko.
Also
>tfw she never got to confess on how she feels about Makoto
;_;

Shitbuki is trash until you hear her theme and then she immediately becomes god tier
and dies right after

Requesting a Bob Page edit.

Who thought the Hangman's Gambit was a good idea in Danganronpa 2 ?
Why is the only loli in the series a cunt ?

edgy/10

BEST GIRL

because despair, don't forget

despair off the charts

Did you rike it ?

you're objectively wrong

LITERALLY FEMALE HAGAKURE

Didn't she say she wasn't a virgin at some point?

Confirmed slut

Sonia's talent is literally made for governing an entire fucking country

SHE IS A PRINCES NOT A FUCKING LAWYER. Everyone besides Nagito, "Byakuya", Hajime and Chiaki sucks at the cases

Don't forget that retard Soda and the athlet that are so retarded they're actually dangerous (although the Athlete's thigh make me hard).

i like Soda

But yeah fuck the ultimate gymanst, why did she even survive? It's exactly the same as the other brunette from danganronpa 1

I don't know what the fuck to expect at this point but maybe the survivors real bodies are important to the plot?

A friendly reminder that Byakuya Togamistein is actually of jewish descent.

She was a qt too I guess.

I'm actually looking forward to the anime series, even if it's probably just going to be shit.
Is the first anime series worth watching ? I've read that it was basically just the first game but badly compressed in 12 episodes.

Might be. Did we even see anyone beside Hinata in the final scenes?
If nagito fucked his body up so bad maybe the others did too?

yeah, that's it. I still think it's worth it for Genocider/Junko

The anime is pretty good, gets real exciting at the final episodes though

Might aswell watch it then.
What other VNs have this Phoenix Wright type of investigation while having memorable characters ?

Didn't Fuyuhiko take out his eye and replace it with Junko's? The guy on the bottom right does resemble him and it is the same eye he "lost".

I can't even chalk this up to coincidence given the stuff that's happened so far.

There's 5 panels and 5 survivors, it's highly HIGHLY implied that the 5 panels are them. Fuyuhko with the eye, Akane with hunger, Sonia giving up her parents, Hinata [Disputed Mistranslation here], and Soda pushing people to suicide by shooting them with a gun(?)

Oh yeah that would make sense
also doesnt the mother in the upper middle resemble sonia?

So he wasn't really fucking her corpse ?

fuck that totaly makes sense.
Also the ultimate despairs also straight up killed people. Soda isnt pushing them to suicide, he is murdering.

Oh gee I fucking wonder.

I didnt expect any other reason either.
I just hate characters like these.
Atleaste Kyoko and genocider cyo survived.

Back when the game first dropped on Vita there were arguments every day about the way the line is translated. Either he's fucking the corpse or he's fucking mikan with the ovary

It's the way Junko presented it, she mentions that UD drove people to suicide, followed by a picture of a guy shooting everyone, it's just really oddly placed

why would he fuck mikan with ovaries

plus she masturbates in front of the cameras and will never be Queen.

pretty fucking gross either way.

Why was the Ultimate Clairvoyant even part of the Ultimates in the first fucking place when he admits himself that he only has a 20% success rate and is useless as fuck throughout the game ?

what if he's actually the ultimate con artist

user is right I didn't even notice that, I assumed the left one was Soda because of the beanie. But does that mean Akane has no tiddies anymore?

That's another thing that bugs me. Wasn't he body crushed? Was he fucking a pancake?

This stupid image took too long to make in fucking paint, enjoy my autism

That's the disputed translation. I forget the exact phrasing but it implies that

Hinata was fucking the corpse
or
Mikan had taken her ovaries to "make babies", which then shows the grey man doing his business, which is either Hinata getting it on with her or Mikan letting random dudes run train on her

Because brown girls.

what's more
brown /fit/girls

I bet the UD's have had alot of time to recover on wabberjack island before the anime starts, so they are probably back to normal once the new anime begins?

the pressure might have exploded her body sending intact bodyparts away from the crusher?
Its anime logic anyways.

As much as I want to believe the other fucked up scenario, I think this gets it right. Wasn't her despair disease memory? Wasn't she getting all comfy with Hinata? Maybe she wanted more of that Despair

are you same guy user ?

Mikan and random dudes seems more likely since Hinata seemed to just go full nihilist and hate everyone and everything.

Yet he was "found" with everyone else

Most likely yeah, in the DG3 poster you can see Hinata like he was in WBJ Island.

isn't it Makoto, he has the FF uniform on

also, where is Togami in that picture? and the other dude with big hair?

Also, is Hinata wearing handcuffs?
If he is arrested for his actions on jabberwocker island why isnt kyoko cuffed?

I played the first one and thorougly enjoyed it except for the ending and well Junko was a terrible character, i was really dissapointed by that.
Is there a fan translation of the PSP version of 2? I don't have nor want to get a Vita for a single game, i already bought a 3DS.

Going through the e-mails shows that Makoto did it on his own, and Kirigiri's first words on the island are "I'm not gonna help you figure out what to tell corporate lmao"

just download it from igg-games or pcgames-download.net

oh yeah i remember that scene on the boat.
Ah well, im quite excited for the anime since they've got free hands now

I didn't even knew about this igg-games site, i am mostly kinda scared to pirate, but i will do this time.

Also wasn't there a reference to 999 on the first game?.

If you don't want to pirate it you can just buy it off steam.

oh yeah i forgot that was an option, but downloading is fine as long as you know what you are doing otherwise it will take quite some time to learn how to set it up

I can't be sure, I was doubting myself before posting this but I'm gonna say it's Hinata because of his height. But the hair curl is Makoto's which makes me doubt myself. It feels like the game, you think it's one thing and then get dickslapped by the truth.

Also am I the only one who would like a DG game where we could plot out a murder at any point in the story? An early "bad-end"? Isn't the new game set on a prison or something? I feel like it would be awesome to plot a murder, hide/plant fake evidence or put the blame on another character. Shit like that would make the game interesting.

It's Makoto, he just looks more like Hinata for no real reason

The new game introduces a new mechanic where you can lie to people in trials, and since the ENTIRE point of a trial is to figure out what the shit is happening, the only reasons to lie are because you are the killer or spectacularly convoluted gambits
knowing this series it's probably both at the same time

Is the new game even related to the other ones?

I want to impregnate Celeste!

they said it isn't besides the fucking bear again but we all know they have some ruse already prepared

In the end of the first danganronpa anime, wasnt the bear still "alive" without junko?
Or will Junko return (again)?

Wasnt the bear alive because the Junko AI was already a thing then? Not sure when that bullshit even started running by itself

user

It wasn't her decision.

because of wheelchairs lmao

fuck i havent played nor seen a walkthrough of despair girls thanks for the spoilers

why are you in DR thread then?

Holy shit talk about having legs for days.

Really? Well shit now I can't wait.

No idea. They're probably gonna bring back Junko or a worshiper of sorts. You see how much people love her, they'll be going for the sheckels.

Woah boy. Where did it say that? I never go too buddy with her and ever got her full dialogue.

Wasn't despair girls a spinoff? Is it canon?

wait a minute, wasnt despair girls set in another universe?

nah, it's all canon

welp now i gotta see a playthrough

that was one of the weaker spoilers honestly.

She was kidnapped several times
All of the DR2 characters had hard lives.

Well shit that would make sense since they all became desbair :DD

Is there a more detailed story about the ultimate despairs ?

I think the second part of anime will be about that

It might be okay to watch then.

I'm watching the first anime series, didn't they censor the killings ?
I'm also sure Naegi's VA is a qt.
It's kinda disorientating that they chose to keep the exact same fucking music and the animation looks kinda shit.

Togamis family inheritance resemble how the ottomans used to pick their next sultan.

She only smiled at the photo he took.

And

He will never remeber her

I feel dumb enlightened now.

She did get real comfy with hinata.
So either she is quite lose or they had some past together.

It's amazing how swiftly it goes from "fuck it let's just disappear and hope for the best" to "yeah it turns out we retained our memories or some bullshit" and how that removes the tension of the sacrifice made five minutes ago.

Tried the PSP release, The characters weren't as good as people were saying and it had no variation so it got stale fast since this was spoiled for me years ago.

More routes would be fine and I hear the rereleases do that but I don't have a Vita so I'm out of luck. Maybe the 2nd game will be better if I get a chance to play it.

There's a port of the Vita version for PC i believe. As for 2…

(checked)
There's a port for both games that were just released on PC. Both are great ports.

Did they enhance the graphics or are they just straight ports from the PSP version with higher res character art like the Vita?.

They're ports of the Vita version and yeah, they bumped up the resolutions for both.

Well, in that kind of games when you're spoiled it's basically not worth playing.

So that other thread that was around a while ago brought me back into the series. I stopped playing the Vita version of 1 because I had literally just finished the anime when I got the game and the murders were pretty much to the T of the anime so it got stale fast. Not to mention it seemed unbearably slow. Now its been a while though and I pretty much forgot about the anime, the game seems much fresher and fun. I feel like they should have gone full VN. Those cheap excuses for "gameplay" at the trials just distracts from the story.
Luckily I havent gotten 2 spoiled for me because I know jack shit about it so people dropping names is meaningless to me. I cant wait to start on it. I asked 2 as a fathers day gift so it'll be a bit before I get my hands on it. Should I lump Bullet Girls or whatever its called in there too? Havent heard anything about that one either. Not a fan of giving NISA money though so at the very least they wont be bought new.

I like Junko just cause shes the hottest, Asahina was good too until I saw the ending where everyone nutted in her. Kinda made me second guess her. Also the more I talk to her the better Toko seems to get. Celeste and her curls are nothing but lies, even her fucking name.