Say I want to

How could I accomplish this feat? Is it even possible to convert an MMO to a single-player experience?

Run your own private server.

That's the only option.

But how do I get the files without having the trial limitations coded in?

Why would you want to play MMRORMRORPRORPG offline?

First of all, most of WoW is run off the servers, like quest data and other such script data. What you host locally are mostly art assets and raw map data. Private servers have to try and leech data from the official servers, and re-engineer what they can't steal.

Its hard, but its been done, and that explains why most private servers have the bugs that they do. To host your own private server, you'll need the files that they use, not just the installation you have, and not all of them actually share what they've got.

You need a gun for this. Just kill yourself.

If you want to explore the world just hop on a full PvP wow private server

Oh. So I do still need an internet connection to play…

I'm wanting to experience everything in WoW, just not the players. PvP is the exact opposite of what I want, as multiplayer ruins immersion.

nigger what the fuck is wrong with you?

are you saying that you want to play the mess that is modern day WoW?
Alone, and without paying?
It simply can not be done.

As for LotRO I didn't even know that was still a thing.
I thought it died as slow death after it went free to play.

I have a terrible brain condition.

It's called "Singlitis Playehexamine ArPehGeecleosis"

I can only bring myself to play RPGs without chatboxes and xXx_Wolfjob_6969 guilds shitting up the experience.

Sounds like you are incredibly fucking autistic not being able to turn off your chat box and such. Then again wanting to play wow with no other people is fucking scary honestly, I wouldnt want to meet you in real life.

Why don't you just play a single player rpg?
Virtually all of them are better than world of warcraft anyway.

That`s exactly why you go to a full PvP server, while people will be busy on BGs and arenas you have the world only to yourself dummy

Are you some kind of autist who gets triggered by any kind of social contact? Like massive spikes of anxiety

LOTRO has never had any form of private server ever and I doubt that it ever will… The game's servers has been cut down from a fuck ton to only a few, meaning you're more likely to encounter other players and finally group up for raids and shit, but it's very much possible these days to just solo the entire game and never have to talk to anyone, though I'd say that the overall experience would be a lonely one.

I'd love to see a private server for it, or at least some model of the game that is able to be run as a single player thing… For when the game really does die…

Would it surprise you that they're still making content, they just released the Battle of Pelennor Fields… The game is certainly still a thing but LOTRO would never reach WoW's popularity, so I'd doubt there would ever be a private server for it, even when their license gets revoked and they have to shut down the game entirely… Which would suck, I'd love to get the actual game and be able to play it locally and maybe be able to do admin shit like summon mobs just for the heck of it… But that'll never happen, just enjoy your MMO of choice while it lasts.

OP doesnt want to associate with the fuckwits who traditionally play MMOs, especially pservers. The pserver thread doesnt interest OP because they want to avoid playing with other people anonymously online, probably because it makes people think they can act however they want, and usually they want to be rude and unpleasant/uncooperative. Did you even read the thread?

MassiveMultiplayerRoleOnlineRoleMultiplayerRoleOnlineRolePlayingRoleOnlineRolePlayingGame

find an almost dead private server then
theres a shitton of these

What the fuck is wrong with you?

You must have a serious case of autism to want to play an MMO in single player mode

WoW is not designed to be played singleplayer.

It's possible. It's just autistic, and too much work to describe in a shitpost on Holla Forums.
Also from reading your posts, I'm getting the feeling that you're too stupid to go through the effort it takes to set this shit up.

No, you don't need an internet connection, you retard.

You will not have fun.
Live WoW isn't even fun.
I can't even imagine what it would be like with the small amount of interactivity with other humans turned off.

wait what version are we talking about again ??

cuz current wow is pretty much singleplayer even while playing on blizz servers from what I know.. and I dont know much

A friend of mine was really into WoW when it came out. I thought the price was too steep at the time (jobless, in high school). Came over one day with his discs and a flash drive. 2 hours later, I was playing WoW. Completely alone.

Essentially, I thought he just created a private server, or somehow disconnected it from the main server but bypassed the login token in order to let the game still be played.

It was weird, somewhat fun. Made it to level 12 before I decided I wanted to play with other people, though.

this. i mean, i agree that wow itself isn't a very good game anymore, but in my opinion the best parts of it are being a total jew on the auction house with your trade goods and running dungeons, neither of which you'd be able to do solo