Total War: Warhammer™

Who /hype/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/2NKNX
store.steampowered.com/app/343460/
1d4chan.org/wiki/Games_Workshop
reddit.com/r/CrackStatus/comments/4805du/crack_status_denuvo_games/
reddit.com/r/CrackStatus/comments/4ad3li/good_aaa_games_without_denuvo_new_list/
bfy.tw/5und
dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/total-war-warhammer-pc-performance-analysis/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nobody.

I betcha most people here have the right opinion that it won't be a finished product and if they don't pirate it they won't be buying it till all the dlc is in one complete discounted package.

I'd like it not to suck, but it's a Modern Total War and a GW license. Two things that no longer indicate anything good.

Well I went ahead and watched the official trailer, and they somehow managed to take Warhammer and paint it as a generic fantasy setting.

The fact that the Chaos Warriors are DLC is more than enough to make me not want to purchase this game.

It's like if the Greeks were DLC in Rome II.

OH WAIT.

Trash.

shill

But user, it is already here. It has been for several years now. It is called "Call of Warhammer"

Someone explain the logic.

Who /ironicmarketingshitpost/ here?

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

Uses Denuvo
Day 1 DLC

Yeah, nah.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the guaranteed DLC kikery I probably would buy the game.

The gameplay looks solid from what I've seen.

Thankfully, Beginning of the End Times comes out on Saturday, which looks awesome.

I was implying the marketing part was ironic.

The gameplay looked solidd for Rome 2 as well, and we know how that turned out, don't we?
Everything shown so far from Warhammer was nothing that scripted bullshit that will not appear like that in the final game.

NICE TASTE YOU HAVE THERE OP

Wasn't all the "gameplay" footage of Rome just from CA? I don't remember.

CA is letting a bunch of people have access to the gameplay of TW: Warhammer, so I'm more convinced.

Oh well. Not buying the game so it doesn't really matter anyway.

The world is going crazy.
Crazy I tell you.

I need my fix.

How much content did they cut for DLC in Rome II? My brother likes Rome Total War and I was going to pirate it for him.

I'll give it a pirate in 2 years time

I remember i time when you could use cheat-codes to unlock different factions and stuff.

Call of warhammer is so poorly balanced it is boring.

Look at this massive fucking faggot.. Here he is thinking that a creative assembly actually going to be good…

What the fuck is wrong with you.. have they shoved their dicks up your ass so hard that its given you brain damage or something?.

I remember a time when modding was cool. Now devs see what passionate communities can do and feel threatened. Rome 1 and Medieval 2 are still the best TW games specifically because they allow so much to be modded.

CA has shown us more gameplay before launch with Warhammer than they've done previously with any other total war game.

There are hours of raw campaign gameplay on twitch. None of us are denying that Rome 2 was a mess at launch, but i think they learned their lesson and won't repeat the same mistakes again.
I never played Attila, but i heard its one of the best games in the series, can anyone confirm?

Fuck off shill.

Idiot. Don't give them your trust, they don't deserve it. They will betray you again. They're CA, they always do this shit. Realize that everyone who actually knew their shit left CA during Empires development, realize Medieval 2 was made in Australia by a studio that doesn't exist anymore.

CA are massive assholes. They don't deserve you money. Pirate the fuck out of it once the DRM breaks. If it turns out to be good, buy it in a sale. If you pre-order you're a massive faggot.

Much like Bethesda they've been remaking the same game over and over again, and each new iteration is somehow worse than the last, more broken and with less content.

An user did some fact checking a while back and actually discovered that none of the programers that worked on Rome 2 had actually any previous experience in game development prior to that game.

It won't be good, I guarantee you that. The AI will still be braindead (I want to see if they can make it worse that Rome 2) both on the strategic and tactical map, diplomacy will still be window dressing, the game will lose any pretense at challenge and engaging gameplay by the mid point and even more content will be locked behind DLC.

And I guarantee you that any new feature they're introducing will be broken and poorly implemented, on top of the usual bugfest their games tend to be.

The fuckers actually had the gal to make Chaos a day one DLC after Rome 2.

Both the engine and their approach to design are fundamentally flawed. It is impossible for the game to be good.

I would have been hyped if it had come out after Medieval 2 or maybe even Empire.

Now you might as well go and play the Warhammer mod(s) for Medieval 2 or Rome. They're actually complete without DLC and aren't made in a terrible fuckting engine.

Holla Forums's stance on all games should be
"its shit until proven otherwise.. and even then its probably shit" lol

At least we're not Holla Forums.

Total War Series died long ago.

Daily reminder.

I thought that IS the stance but the constant unironic talk about Overwatch and FO4 says otherwise.

This. It ended with Shogun 2. The last decent one.

Total war is over, move along.

Sadly

Is real user. This industry lives on hype.

Shogun 2 suffered from almost all the problems Empire and Rome 2 suffer, but it was polished to a high shine and designed in such a way as to mask or minimize said issues.

It actually does. Games are now "experiences". Quality is of secondary importance to the "experience" and being up to date to maintain your "nerd" credentials.

I know that. The industry is beyond saving.

Save yourself.

Rome: Total War thread?

Doomed.png

ok

Luckily I can swim.

Brutii>everyone else

How about go fuck yourself.

marketers are too obvious these days

It cant be worse than dark souls 3

I'm going to treat it like a sequal to Dark Omen instead of a classic Total War game
get at me nerds

Youre sullying Dark Omen by association.

Remove yourself from this world.

SHILL O'COME
SHILL O'COME
SHILL O'COME

Why don't you try EB?

Tried it but I prefer vanilla.

Fuck the people who are giving GW money for this garbage.

Thats one of the lesser problems the game has, really.

What stupid as shit explenation did they offer for thast retardness?

hurr durr humans cant live in dwarven karaks or some shit

I might have been if a whole fifth of the game is not dlc.
perhaps when the two expansions happen and add more races and can conquer the map.

No wait I think you cant break the human/dwarf alliance anyway.

I was gonna post something in a vain attempt to question why CA has been practicing the foul Jewish arts

But I thought better of it because I already know the answer.

Dubs decides my next played faction

Please don't roll Persians, I fucking hate kebab

I guess humans can't genocide the midgest either. Oy vey, oy gevalt.

How is Attila anyway?

I like it alot, I wouldn't buy it off-sale (or at all if you are a contrarian) but I've got about 900 hours and I enjoy my mods and conquering.

It's what I play because I am not autistic enough to play CK2.

Can I make the West great again and genocide kebab?

You can actually
archive.is/2NKNX

the problem is the broken engine for guns on the TW:M2 engine, at least on TW: warhammer they adapted the engine for guns, but still the game looks bland and simple

It is basically an ok version of rome 2.
Personally I didn't think it was that good, but a lot of people do like it.

yeah

And little else. Warscape is shit for anything other than line infantry slugging matches.

Its alright but still flawed as fuck. No R2 but also certainly no Shogun 2.

These are both valid answers, it's above mediocrity, but well below being great.

I'd say it's an average game were I to rate it. 6/10 but I have always had a soft spot for TW and their mechanics. I won't be getting Warhammer because I dislike the route CA has taken diverging from historical games.

At any rate, it's another one for the back log but I will everytime say that it is fun

OP is either a shitposter trying too hard, or a really really bad shill.

I've always had a soft spot for Bethesda's allowances for modding. Doesn't mean I don't pray every day that both them and CW go out of business and someone more talented takes their markets and inherits their mod community.

I just saw that they lifted the NDA so I guess we can make up our minds by watching the usual CA shills on YT.

OP also has only 1 post, game has denuvo and completely stripped so they can sell DLC.

Anyone, and I mean anyone, on Holla Forums that actually went and pre-ordered/bought this turd should just kill himself.

There's a point past which you have to realize you are a moron if you keep failing for this kind of shit.

So do you.

Do you see anyone actually advocating we buy the game? Are we forbidden from talking about how shit it is?

Fuck off.

Are you retarded? You missed the point completely.

Seriously, do not buy Warhammer

Pirate it if you are that kinda Warhammer-Autismo but do not buy it.

FUckers have already gutted their games to sell the other half as DLC and it will happen again with this.

Now can someone please roll on so I can decide on what I should play this morning while I make breakfast?

Ahahaha the building icons are worse than R2s.

Rollan for Saxons

Hurr.

Heres the video Im watching right now - Keep in mind the guy makes money by shilling CA games.

Insta dropped.
Fuck you.

GG CA

Nigger, I played Empire and still like it more than any games that they later put out.

What a great game. They did this with Napoleon too and it was as retarded back then just as it is now.

I don't think they can fix that with warscape. The fact they still keep pushing warscape is just sad.

Even sadder is that they built the fucking shitpile of an engine for some mysterious reason.

Really? Even though, in vanilla, Spain is a faction and the Ptolemies use axemen as their main infantry? Did you try EB long enough to get acquainted with the extra features they added to the campaign map?

What the fuck.

Try again.

(checked)
source?

Amusingly enough, they used their best engine (the one for Rome 1 and Med 2) only in those games and never thought about upgrading it, even though it was great.
To compare – all CoDs run on Quake 3's ancient engine, although heavily modified.

To this day I don't understand why they are still bothering with shitscape.
Can they not simply admit that they made a mistake and correct it?

I never played EB1, but EB2 is fantastic from my experience.
A bit buggy at times, but it doesn't ruin the experience.

supposedly warscape is modular and should be easy to upgrade.
Though if it so easy to upgrade why haven't they got fucking collision correctly yet.

But they're sandniggers

Fuck flame worshiping sandniggers

And let's not forget about the mandatory 1v1 fights.

It's either complete ass or they don't have any competent programmers left.
I'd say it's both of those.

You're mistaken.

Listen kiddo, you'll grow out of CA soon enough

Holla Forums plz leave

Oh boy here we go, another 'is X ubermensch' ride to hell

You leave.

I seriously hope you guys don't do this

Why are people bumping a shill thread?

Look up the history of the Persians. They were Aryans who migrated south, became subjugated by Medes, then revolted and built an empire. Also, they didn't literally worship fire. Herodotus was mistaken.

Because it's a Rome: Total War thread.

I dont give a fuck I just want to maneuver troops and speculate how CA could be even more greedy.

If I wanted 'we wuz aryansn sheeeit' I'd go to Holla Forums

Still watching that video. I figured "maybe empire troops can hold formations" - lol noooooooope.

It's not a theory. It's a historical fact and common knowledge. Iran means "land of the Aryans." Why do you think they're trying so hard to nuke Israel? Fite me.

You're correct but still derailing you nog.

Yuck

It uses the engine that empire uses, which is centered around 18th century musket warfare. Skip to 21:35, it explains why the old total war engine is better.

Yes yes, great, OK I get it, I don't need 5 charts on race and crime now can we just please skip this you derailing Holla Forums piece of shit

As long as we're not discussing CA's latest warscape turd, I'm improving the thread.

You could be making the Near East great again. I bet you're a Semite.

WEW
E
W

Nigga I know all about Warscape but modders at least managed to make formations semi-solid. CA can do way more than modders and they didnt even try.

You're right I'm being stupid.

I remember I could hide derailers like you.

it's like im watching a gang fight in a world star video
also behold the glory of rtw where they can fucking actually hold a goddamn line

Why bother? Bethesda already proved you can release the same game with less content and less polish and make far more money if you hype it enough.

My personal favs:

mfw rome total war battles I played when I was 10 are more memorable than anything I played since

This brings back good memories, though I prefered MTW2 to RTW

anyways man whats your favorite faction in RTW?
Carthaginians best

DENUVO OR NO?

Whats the deal with the Denuvo fetish some aspies around here have?

Italian city states are best. Their militia scale like no other if you have an armourer

Yup

It means they actually have to pay for a product

Also, the old engine properly simulated collisions, and troops actually fought one another instead of engaging in 1-on-1 over-choreographed death animations.

after the disaster that was rome 2

NEVER

EVER

No it doesnt.

It means I need to wait until fall to play while I wait for sexy chink girl to fix denuvo.

rolling for kebab

Okay

Stop it you, kebab dubs will jsut never happen

It's still going to get cracked but you won't hear much about it, the same way you don't hear much about Rome 2 and Attila because they're shit games.

Total War Arena or whatever that assfaggots pile of shit is called was forgotten about a week later after they announced it and showed streams with gameplay.

i always liked to make renditions of historic battle
Magnesia,Philippi,Teutonerb Wald,Alesia etc
my best one was probably Cannae,i successfully held a larger roman army with what Hannibal did,using a weak center and overlapping with elite on the flanks

Macedon
their premise is very simple,impenetrable pike in front and cavalry to hit those niggers in the back with some peltast to piss them off

I'm gonna bully you. Rolling for mudshit.

No bully pls

It's DLC :^)
store.steampowered.com/app/343460/

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

they literally have no swordsmen. If the enemy can just equal your cavalry you've already lost.

Also horse archers.

not really mad at them having no swordsman since but shit mang,i can trace my ancestory back to them somewhere in Piedmont

You mean post Empire

no words, only anger

I almost want to buy it just so that I might refund it.

Don't know if I should

Don't they have some special rule that refunding of DLC isn't allowed?
iird Rockstar bundeld their discounted GTAV with some DLC so that it couldn't be refunded.

The DLC rockstar bundled it with had microtransactions included, it was the microtransactions that made it unrefundable

I'm going to play it. But Rome 2 left a bitter taste in my mouth

LETS ROLL

I wasn't going to be getting it anyways, honestly unless I know for sure it's some suits job to look at refunds and money lost-but-almost-had then I might to help inflate that number.

Kill yourself, OP
Nah, I have groceries to buy nigga

i mean it looks cool but after last few games from total war I don't expect much other then bugs problems and overall bad ai

Reminder to just wait for the Medieval 2 mod Beginning of the End Times. I played Call of Warhammer and its pretty cool. BotET promises even more cool features. In my opinion Warhammer Total War is made completely obsolete by this mod.

That's probably closer to fact than opinion, man

Modern CA is horseshit, and I dread the day they bait me into seriously considering purchasing MTW3.

It is true suffering knowing you will fall to your enemy.

No way I'm installing Starforce 2.0 on the config I try to push until the new gen of GPU/CPU in the works.

I don't like my SSD extra toasty.

not me

shit thread, OP

Can you imagine if MTW3 will follow the current model?

The possibilities are endless and people whose first Total War game was Fall of the Samurai will say it's the best Total War since Attila.

I smell foul play.

I'm convinced that, if they weren't from the beginning, at least over the past decade Games Workshop have become massive fucking jews. Nothing is about quality with them any more, it's all about charging shit tons of money for shit that's not even close to being worth it.

I mean fuck, are there ANY good warhammer games? I played space marine and that was just "okay" I wouldn't call it good.

they already did that, Medieval 2 was a DLC for Atilla.. It was shit

Dawn of War to dark crusade
soulstorm is only good for modding

There's Dawn of War 1 and the related expansions.
Those are fairly good.

You also have Warhammer Mark of Chaos, but I haven't played that since it was released years ago and can't really attest to its quality.
I've heard people say that it's shit, but I remember playing through all of it and having fun.

rolling for byzantines

among 40k games, Dawn of War and Final Liberation
for WHFB, Shadow of the Horned Rat was good though it had a convoluted interface, and I've heard some of the mid-2000s RTSs were good

Battlefleet Gothic is pretty good, and the most recent WH40k game released. Other than that, DoW1 with expansions up to Dark Crusade (Soulstorm was just mediocre).

Also chapter master, if they've finally managed to to filter through Duke's code and fix the million bugs he left them with

I remember playing another 40k game years ago, probably going back at least 8 years. It was a real tiem strategy one, mainly just more space marines v. orks. Not sure which one it was, I'm assuming Dawn of War, but while I don't remember anything about it specifically I remember the impression I got from it was just above average.

I'm praying to god that the upcoming space hulk game is good but i havent been hyped for vidya in years. way too much shit out there, way too many letdowns, way too casualized of an industry.

the first or second? if they're both "good" i might have to go back and replay them, maybe i just didn't appreciate it at the time. also not a huge RTS fan, I prefer TBS.

Dawn of War 1 has massive scale battles while 2 has more focused skirmishes
DoW1 and the Winter Assault expansion have traditional Warcraft-like forward moving campaigns while Dark Crusade and Soulstorm have campaign maps where you decide the next place to fight

40k Rites of War is a hex-based TBS where you lead the Eldar in battle
40k Chaos Gate is Ultramarines XCOM

Wouldn't buy it even if i wanted to.
If I’m ever in the mood for having executables encrypted by a third party on my PC whitch i doubt i will i will wait until the inevitable Total Warhammer 3: Sigmar Edition or whatever they will call it that will actually have a decent selection of factions, since they already announce thy are going to make 2 more games.

From what I gathered so far, the game is at least 64x capable and thus runs a little better.

Which means little when everything else is fucked. Musket units dont even fire in volleys, so they even fucked up the one thing Warscape is supposed to be good at.

I'm not gonna say hype but credit where its due, they are being a bit more transparent and giving one week after the release to get the DLC( though the DLC itself is bollocks) so means they are at least confident the product isn't utter shit compared to what was Rome 2 release.

Wait for 1 week and see if its worth I guess? Hope it doesn't suck since I love the Warhammer Fantasy franchise.

It's just a ploy to get people to buy the game before the deeper issues become apparent.

/thread

Oh my Canadian daddy you cook and play video games?
I love you so much, please come down here and we can couch coop together, only without a game.

What's stopping them from including finished DLC in the final product before the game even launchers? This is extreme judaism.

Wondering, why they didn't call it Total Warhammer

I believe they fixed the death animation one on one bullshit.
Blobbing is still apparent thought.

Two different intellectual properties

This is what happens when you go to Wall Street.

There is a picture of all of the reviewers steam account achievementsm majority of the 10/10's didn't even have the play for 2 hour achievement.
Anybody want to post it?

Typed this shit on my phone without glasses.

You're either a subtle troll or a dumb shill.
Either way, fuck off.

I've watched a couple of videos and now I'm bored of it already.

I think it's stamina, not morale, I saw helpinghans stream, he had massive undead armies and they never broke and ran, but they seemed to get tired (flashing flag) during long combat

No they apparently start to crumble (lose units) when they're losing a battle, just like in tabletop if I remember correctly.

so its out is it good? is it worth a pirate or is it pretty much shit since last two total wars were extremely bad.

It has Denuvo, so no reason to set the sails for this on just yet.
Besides after Rome 2 (actually after Empire) you'd have to be a total moron to get any CA game at release or in the weeks thereafter.

You're a homo, go back to /pone/ if you can't handle it

I want women to leave my hobby alone.
Also the entire "WE'RE GIVING OUT FREE SHIT JUST RATE COMMENT SUBSCRIBE ON YOUTUBE TWITCH FACEBOOK AND REDDIT!!!" needs to die.

They haven't cracked JC 3 yet

I would have actually considered it if not for the fact my favorite races aren't in it and that despite their first week thing for chaos is better than it's old model, it's still not great.
Also the fact that it has denuvo basically guarantees I can't buy it.
Also my sad little computer doesn't meet it's minimum requirements.
Do the lords change their look if they get new equipment?

Anybody?

Just ask /tg/ 1d4chan.org/wiki/Games_Workshop

no one

What ever happened to vermintide?

died due to no content and shitty rng loot system

Swedish devs

What's wrong with swedish devs?

Lurk moar

This tbh fam.
Grinding the same boring exploitable missions for days wasnt fun.

Nothing at all

they're swedish

t. Paradox

that game was fun tbqh

It still is, they added a hoarde mode too.

I'm astonished at how many prerelease copies CA seems to hand out. Every goddamn retard with 200+ subs seems to get one.

"Part 9, 4 hours ago, 1 View"
Great marketing there, guys.

To be honest the game itself looks fine aside from the blobing.
Denuvo warrants a no buy policy thought.

The history of this dev alone should warrant a no buy policy

Will Denuvo ever be cracked?

It's been cracked before, stop inciting

Do some research on what denuvo is

I liked Shogun 2 and Napoleon

Like every anti tamper measure

It really depends on the general interest.

Dragon Age Inquisition of all games got cracked real fast.

They did a huge blogpost about the day one dlc fiasco and I think they explained themselves fairly well.
It was something like "it was either a dlc or it wouldn't have existed in the first place something something shekels"

It has been bypassed.
A proper crack doesn't exists yet

The main problem is that, unlike in the past where you had tons of groups and one-man-teams, now the scene is pretty dried up.
Most of the old guard either stopped or got bought to develop copy protection.

We need new blood.
Some catalyst that gets enough new people interested in cracking software, like Starforce once did.
Maybe a widespread usage of Denuvo will do it. Or it'll kill off the last remaning guys that still try to crack it.

(pic releated tells a more accurate story about it)

So did I.
Nevertheless I didn't trust them with Rome 2 after the Empire fuck-up nor will I trust them now.
Neither should you. The chance of them producing bollocks is too fucking high. Get enough LPs and reviewers on their side and it might appear to be a good game. But you'll never know until it's out and reviewers that didn't get a pre-release copy tell you how it really is.
Besides they locked a fucking fitht of the game already behind DLC.

My god. Let's hope they won't adopt Denuvo for actually good games.

The current state of denuvo is funny though, every game that has it is total garbage and it really affects the sales negatively

From what I've seen the individual campaigns aren't THAT involved to warrant cutting out an entire faction. So time constraints is hardly an excuse.

not time, money

I dont, but you cant deny that they can make some good games once in 4 years.
Doesnt mean Im going to buy them.

I'm resisting but my total war fix is killing me. I've never purchased a total war game because i was a poor teen. Now i have some money.

So you finally have some money and you want to throw it into the garbage, learn how to manage your money you fucking faggot

reddit.com/r/CrackStatus/comments/4805du/crack_status_denuvo_games/

I'm sure metal gear solid 5 is really hurting from those sales losses from the contrarians on Holla Forums :^)

All these games are shit. What a surprise.

This is off-topic, but are there more "Top 10 anime battles" images? I find them hilarous.

Here user I found a list of games you can play that you might think are good because no denuvo what mean those are shit too? don't you like vidya you entitled pissbaby?
reddit.com/r/CrackStatus/comments/4ad3li/good_aaa_games_without_denuvo_new_list/

But user, those are shit too.

I'm young and stupid

Thanks

OP you really should be careful about that especially at this day and age.

so is total warhammer just another total war game?
or is it fundamentally different in its mechanics and thus worth playing instead of rome or empire?

because just reskinning that shit into the warhammer setting isn't really that interesting.

There were huge party threads a year ago with people going nuts about denuvo being cracked within 3 hours of a game's launch.
So how come all denuvo games aren't cracked within 3 hours? How the fuck lazy have pirates even gotten?

It's because the Denuvo devs keep close track of the cracking scene to counter-patch any vulnerabilities that pop up. And no one has yet to really crack Denuvo 100%, the games that were cracked very quickly just used an exploit where it valse-verified instead of actually cracking it, which was quickly fixed for later games. If Denuvo becomes more common I'm pretty confident crackers will get their shit together after having spent a pretty long time doing piss-easy cracks, but for now most pirates will probably just bide their time and wait for Denuvo to finally be cracked as opposed to actually buying the game like DRM-fags seem to think will happen.

Well the factions are more different from each other in Warhammer compared to real armies. It's also warhammer meaning almost no cultural marxism to be seen. Everyone is a total badass in this franchise which is refreshing when almost the entire games industry is corrupted with SJW bullshit.

That being said, the gameplay might still be shit and you should be vary of anything CA makes after the Rome 2 disaster.

You're not far off, I'm Minnesotan, America's Canada

No. It's more like a bad Heroes of Might and Magic game with shitty Total War battle maps.
It's about as removed from Rome 1 and Medieval 2 as possible.

If it weren't for the subtitle on the cover, I'd think it was Mark of Chaos 2.

Along with people who fill zenimax's coffers, you are the cancer

you say that like most of those games haven't been shit

Why do people seem to hate empire? I thought it was pretty good. Is it like Rome 2 with pointless retarded DLC released every other month or something?

I don't know about 1 and 2, but 4 wasn't that bad.
It's the 6 and 7 that are irredeemable.

Because it was released right after Medieval 2 which is CA's best game to date and it was a time when everyone thought that they could do no wrong.

I liked it despite the game being somewhat mediocre.

Empire had completely broken features at launch. You couldn't even play the campaign it was that bad- only the tutorial worked when it released. Campaign always crashed. Night battles were removed because they were broken (they never returned in the gunpowder series until Shogun 2), Sieges were completely fucking broken and still are to this day. All of the units are copies of each other, there are very few unique units, the few that they did have were pre-order DLCs. Removal of Royal Families. Ridiculously simplified diplomacy system. Extremely pushover AI in both CAI and BAI. Naval Battles are next to completely unplayable- most people just auto resolve them. Most of the minor factions are unplayable without mods. Creative Assembly's bullshit damage control during the games launch, pretending like they did nut'n wrong. The fact that it was allowed on steam with no QA checks in place. (fuck the original tutorial didn't even have some of the textures it needed and so all the units came up black face lol).

Empire was a disaster at launch. If you play it patched you won't see why people hated it so much. It was a disgusting game that took 2+ years to fix to the current state its in today.. and even still most of it is broken.

Lets not even get started on Nappy. Campaign Multiplayer not working at all, Unit editor not included as promised (instead became Shogun 2 feature for generals in multiplayer and not what was promised originally anyway).

Fuck CA.

*raises paw*
W-with how b-b-bad Rome 2 was how is anyfur e-excited about this game?

gas furry. get out.

I'm visiting friends in another state, can anyone tell me how good the Beginning of the End Times mod is? It just came out yesterday. Is it stable?

whats the point in rolling for dubs if the guy who gets dubs can't choose?
Whatever, going for Saxons.
Take Britannia, become Anglo.

Total War hasn't been good in years, why is anyone even hyped about it?

marketing. marketers. Shillbots.

Yea, no.

I stopped paying attention after 2, both of which were great. I'll have to grab a torrent of 4 and give it a go. It was the last one free of ubisoft taint

outside of the "clash of civilizations" encounters(like Napoleon's invasion of Egypt)
the combat during the era left little unit diversity-unseen stat differences between elite and non-elite units don't make for great gameplay variety unless you're really into the time period. They even had to fantasize grenadier units to actually toss grenades

The only interesting(in terms of variety) combat in the era happened at sea, which was the big selling point of the game (first time they did playable sea battles) but a lot of people(myself included)have no interest in ship combat.

I don't understand why they skipped pike and shot. Even if it was mostly pikes again nations utilized swords, axes, bows, 2h weapons, and knights. You still would get the artillery too

The point was they all looked the same and had the same uniforms, which historically was not the case- and as mods proved, it was perfectly within reason to expect CA to be able to do that. But they didn't because they're shitheads.

The sheer lack of options for creating colonies was also annoying too. Especially when Victoria 2 came out around the same time and was a billion times better at everything with exception to battles.

Ask someone who preordered Warhammer anything

How old are you? What's your history with the TW series?

when your parents dropped you on your head as an infant, did they laugh about it?

If I pulled your Day one dlc from your game, would you cry?

I don't care if you're ebin trolling.

End it all.

I'm 20, i heard some stuff about warscape engine being shit but i have no idea why and i'll try to stay ignorant because i enjoyed napolean, medieval 2, and Shogun 2 regardless. I heard about Total war when i first built my PC and looked up some shitty top ten videos about the best medieval non fantasy games. Medieval 2 came in 2nd place so that was my first Total War.

I didn't get dropped on my head

Yes because i didn't want to rebuy it and the total war fix is killing me, i can't wait for a complete bundle an entire year from now. I'll try to keep my play time under 2 hours so if it's shit i'll refund it.

You missed the disaster that was Rome 2 where all the goodwill that Creative Assembly still had was drained away.

See vids related

Yea, so basically you got really lucky with what TW games you played.

No way that's Total War.
I think i'll wait a bit before buying warhammer.
REFUND

I worry that this is the end of historical Total War and is going to be replaced by fantasy IPs to lure people from other fandoms

There's only so much history though. I still want to see my 20000 B.C. Total war

If the game sells well,GW will probably throw more money at Sega and CA to keep bumping out games.

Sega, CA and GW are basically the ultimate triumvirate of Jewishness.

A Warhammer Total War game would have been amazing… like 10 years ago. Now its just going to be a steaming pile of shit, especially after Rome 2.

Just

I'm waiting for the day when they start selling off the individual imperial provinces as playable for $10 bucks each, all for a uniform colour reskin and maybe a couple new units (oooooohhhhhh, a slightly different knight order and archers that aren't shit in melee, Sigmar hold me)

Nigga.

Waiting for the inevitable if you ask me

oh you poor deluded man

your right, on steam its about 1 million

IT'S NOT METAL GEAR SOLID 5, IT'S METAL GEAR SOLID V
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I'm not a /tg/ cuck. All I'm seeing is a ton of playable factions on a nice, big map.

Did people not enjoy the end times? I thought it was a great end to the setting if they had to do it, regardless of the kikery to follow. It had a few bumps, too much Duex Ex Machina, and ended to quick but there were some good twists in there.

You had me worried user, I am only looking out for your well being

Will Total War Warhammer have ground marines?

They didn't.

Yeah there were a few good twists, but overall it was the completely shitty killing and subsequent rape of a franchise that only really needed an update that pissed people off. 40k players are scared shitless it's going to happen to their games too

No. Because GW is such a great forward thinking company that they completly shit-canned the entire brand, lore, narrative, and everything from WFB pretty much immediatly as soon as Total Warhammer was announced.

Yes GW are as stupid as CA are incompotent.

Total Warhammer’s campaign is rubber-banded so that building a lead is nearly impossible.

That's all there really is to say. When even a journo gets an uneasy feeling about the mid-term playability of the game, it'll be a chore to play. JUST LIKE ROME 2 WAS.

This was my number one issue with Shogun 2, im already not getting warhammer total war but this only adds another reason not to

How long until the European, non-Jewish companies start outnumbering the Jewish ones in terms of 'acting like Jews'?

CA as been trying to curbstomp expansion and late-game "boredom" with tons of tricks now. Realm Divide in SH2, Civil War in R2, the Hunnic Doom Stacks in Attila… And never really worked.

If only they could come up with an AI that manages to form and hold big empires by itself.

Since the beginning of capitalism

although when you get down to it that's the only way for the terrible AI to stay competitive against you. or turn up the difficulty and face off against the magical stacks of units that get pumped out from the enemy cities. if you git gud those stacks are no problem unless you're an idiot and don't know how to use simple tactics and army composition to give yourself an advantage over the ai that uses no tactics and predictable composition

and yet they still act like Jews, rather than just acting like capitalists.

Rome I had a great late-game.

Source for this? Or are you speaking out of your ass?

That sounds appealing to be honest.

Oh look what I found

Don't know anything about the engie CA has been using to shit up their games? Want to buy Warhammer?

Best give this a read before you waste your money or your YARR.

Atla was able to workaround the engines weaknesses.

What was?

Yea, I heard it has unit collision and no 1v1 fights either.
What a great game, right mate?

bfy.tw/5und

dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/total-war-warhammer-pc-performance-analysis/

the game is CPU-bound and maxes out only two CPU cores.

So from now on you can only expect up to date shit if you have windows 10?

another to add was Lack of Collision modeling when armies charge into one another. Warscape just mashes the units together in a big pile up. You can see it very clearly in Empire when the AI does a single file rout and all the troops slowly merge into a giant conga line.. its fucking stupid.

this game appears to have all the same problems Rome 2 had, only made even worse because of the new "cheats" they've added to the AI. Seriously fuck this game and fuck CA.

I've never played the Total War series before.

Which game should I go with? Last Weeaboo 2?

Shogun 2 is probably the best of the modern TWs so yea. Get Fall of the Samurai if you like shootan.

Fuck no, Shogun 2 is a shit game.

Start with Rome 1 and then play Medieval 2.
The rest is up to you, but there's not much point in playing the other games since they're all crap unless you're really into the time period/setting.