SS13 General: Relevant Server Edition

What is Space Station 13?
pastebin.com/xQB9L74c

You can download the BYOND client or join our server directly from your web browser to play. The web client is presently unreliable, and we recommend the latest BYOND client for the best experience possible. The BYOND client is presently compiled for Windows only, though it is compatible with WINE. You will need a BYOND account to connect to our server.

Client download: byond.com/download/

Web client: byond.com/play/embed/74.91.121.114:7777

NewStation
byond://74.91.121.114:7777
Tickrate - 0.6 // Random Names ON

8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

byond.com/play/embed/ss13.unsafe.space:12345
pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
74.91.121.114/rules.html
pastebin.com/u445Tu4X
github.com/BigSlice/-tg-station/blob/master/config/names/first_male.txt
github.com/BigSlice/-tg-station/blob/master/config/names/first_female.txt
github.com/BigSlice/-tg-station/blob/master/config/names/last.txt
babynames.net/
github.com/BigSlice/-tg-station/blob/master/code/datums/diseases/advance/symptoms/antivitiligo.dm
github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/blob/35bfb9abb6d3e7952d14a1781c9ffc3a68d2df00/code/datums/diseases/advance/symptoms/skin.dm
pastebin.com/cPtFAKTA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I just thought of something

the singo maybe fucked this one of the field generates wont turn on or charge fully

Now who's the salty bitch? :^)

Web Client
byond.com/play/embed/ss13.unsafe.space:12345
Server Info
byond://ss13.unsafe.space:12345
Tickrate - 0.6 / Random Names ON
Wiki

I think its best of we move on and agree to put both stations up on the OP and cut out the drama, ye? Noone's going to benefit from having to have one SS13 for each server.

One ss13 general for each serb, I mean.

Are you cb6254 from the last thread? If so, heh. If not, heh. Personally I think we should have both stations in the OP like they used to be. A little competition doesn't hurt anyone.

Having 2 servers is dumb enough, neither has enough players to even justify itself.
This is, what? The 5th time someone actually though making a new server would solve anything? Maybe there have been even more…
Well, it didn't work well all the other times, but golly gee, it's gonna be wonderfull this time…

And having 2 generals can't be done. That's taking too much space on Holla Forums and you're gonna anger the local hotpockets, with reason I might add.
Isn't a single thread enough to shitfling at each other?

You might as well have posted "I'm from Neogaf!" with a furry avatar.

It was a rhetorical question. Now I honestly can't tell.

sage for off-topic

Is the Holla Forums server high or low rp?
And is the playerbase better/more robust than /tg/station?

Played a round there last night where the station hit an iceberg and sunk like the titanic. Was some of the best rp I've had in a while.

Good times

ermmmm

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

it's low rp

It's low RP. Just have fun pretending your a spessmen, don't use smileys in chat (unless you're a bad clown) and everything else is up to you.

The playerbase is frankly much more robust. A good amount of players have been banned from other servers for various reasons that mostly entail "knowing the game far too well for someone else's taste". The rest are mostly veterans that have played the game in a long time.

Using /tg/ as a comparison for robust players is currently a bit ironic, considering how they buff everything traitor related so they have a small chance at least.
On h8station, people don't have a problem with AI's or Borgs interfering with their shit while on /tg/, this seems such a problem they had to remove them.
There's also the overreliance on stuns back in /tg/ while on h8station, stuns are much shorter (with some notable exceptions). While on /tg/ you just have to hit someone with a stun prod and cabblecuff him to win a fight, on h8station you'll actually have to put up a decent fight.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I just used them as a reference because that's probably the server I have the most play time on. I'm relatively (playing on-off for about a year) new so I'm probably not one to decide who is robust and who isn't.

Shorter stun times I like the sound of because, like you said, it's annoying to get stunned once and cuffed. I'm pretty certain they removed cable cuffs on /tg/ however as I couldn't seem to craft it after they changed the system, so that favour plays more to sec and those who can rob sec now.

Is that the underage server? What role does xXShadow_AssassinXx play there?

he's obviously the chief

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

at least make different fucking ones if you're going to post that shit all the time

no bully (non-sexually)

so what if I bully you sexually then faggot?

well… yes please…!

well too bad for you, I don't do erp

you're going to have to get your cunt over here if you want to be dominated so

Requesting that MoMMI are made able to equip masks as well as hats onto their head slot. Drones were able to equip shit like gas masks and helmets onto the same slot so I think the code should already be there. I know it's very minor shit but it is a minor thing that would make being a MoMMI a bit more fun.

Also tile painters.

waste of trips

It would have to be both then since things you smoke go on the mask slot. I would prefer having all 3 but I don't know how much work would go into it.

Well, given that hatestation is completely abandoned and newstation sometimes see people, I don't really see why we should keep hatestation in the OP.

Every time, making a new server has solved everything. There's a reason nobody plays on hate anymore, gitgud. Just like 20 people who hadn't played on Holla Forums stations for months magically reappeared when firestation went up.

why is all my plants that I harvest still able to get picked up from the hud? even though I don't have them on me

lmao just filter the mad cuck

ick ock

I came back because Newstation is pre-gooncode update. Because of it, I don't have to enable updates on my computer to update IE so I can actually play spessmen.
Meanwhile, on Hate, the updates have lead to me not even being able to adjust the pressure on air tanks.

If Hate were actually playable, I might consider returning.

ffs at work and see ss13
play on hippiestation or colonial marines
gagagagaga

Yeah fuck no they are horrible in enforcing their rules.
One game I played was ruined by some scrub playing HoS during and alien round.
I had flamethrowers, troops and everything ready to go, all he needed to do was open the cargo chest for us, he couldn't figure out what I meant by xenos.

Then I was permabanned for killing the CMO, when I disarmed him while dying because he refused to give me the medpack he was holding.
So I go on with my game the CMO comes back and tries to kill me several times, each time I fuck him up.
The admin bans me because I killed his buttbuddy.

All it does is make Hate administration question it's choices and change something in it, like currently chaging back the code to what Hate had before and back to Metastation.
Before this was banlists. And before that was too many death squads. All things that could have been discussed calmy in a civilized manner instead of chimping out and splitting the userbase, leading to a lot more people leaving both servers.

By "pre-goon" I assume you mean /tg/, implying they are goons (which might not be incorrect, actually).
Hate has reverted a bit of it's code back to the previous features they had but I think they imported that HUD anyway. It is a better HUD that doesn't refresh the entire window everytime you press a button and I frankly don't understand what's the problem with updating your IE.

I still use Windows 7 and Chrome but the HUD has no problems. Just set your updates in Windows to manual and pick the ones that seem important, like all IE updates, this really isn't that difficult.
If I gave a fuck about "security", I'd be using Linux instead of Windows. I stick with 7 for familarity as I'm sure some people still stick to XP for the same reason.
My security and yours has already been compromised, might as well update IE and never use it instead of being glad that there's only 999 ways instead of 1000 of spying your PC.

WHO WAS PHONE?

Shut the fuck up Spacedong, and gagsa on my cock.

What're the benefits of playing with a web client instead of downloading?

is someone making the server lag out?

Recorder bomb apparently

yeah we need a admin on new

wonderful

There hasn't been many problems beside bugs and ocky icky

(You)
Maybe baystation will be more your cup of tea.

I was saying that that's what needed to happen but git says you're not real if you don't use the gitgud

So lagging the server on purpose, preventing other players from playing is allowed on newstation?
Is that some kind of feature Merenge coded lately or an admin decision Bigslice made?

Git had a bit of a problem with retarded people that had nothing to do with the SS13 server. I'm not sure it actually had to do with the way he handled things but it surely would explain it.
And although it was very unprofessional of him the way he treated both the community and everyone coding for the server, at least he changed his mind and maybe learned something from this.

You can always check the Discord for pretty much everyone else on Hate's administration team and a few other people. Gitgud doesn't go there seeing how it's "proprietary software" or something, but you can easily talk with anyone else and I'm sure the message will get to him as he does keep in contact with some of the folk there.

I hate you.

he's an admin there and I did talk with people there and tried to give ideas

bigslice isn't online right now, I told him he needs another admin for his off times and then this happens because one fuck was bored

This really ain't a suprise though… Again, happens with every other "new" server here on Holla Forums.
There's a group of people that were banned from Hatestation that still lurk these threads and see every new server as a new oportunity for shittery and griefing.

At one point when Hatestation didn't had enough admins for full coverage, during the 3-6 AM for europoors, every single day 2 people would log in and go on killing sprees or bombing things or just general griefing because they knew there were no admins on at that time.

When more admins were posted at those hours, they were banned it was emilyinspace in an alt and some other buttbuddy of hers that metagamed together :^).
Then they moved to Sparestation until the banlists were ported there. And shortly after when Blobstation appeared, there they were again…

It's sad, really. They clearly want to play with some of the crowd here but they can't interact with anyone else in any different way than random shittery so they always have to be warded off. Really wish they weren't like this.

If you can, try and see what their CKey is, just to see what can be dug up on them.

I don't mind fuckery so long as it's actual work and not just shate

both serbians are dead right now

One time a mime stole my sec ID, stunbaton, and taser.
please bully me like the worthless trash I am

So a mime did what all mimes did (griefing) and an officer behaved like all officers behave (unrobust).
You're not special, cuntbag.

I remember exactly how well hate that.

Standard protocol on Hatestation was, and I believe still is, 1 day for the first offense, doubling previous sentence for repeat offenders.
DanielHen for instance, got a ban of 1 day once, than 2, than 4, then a full week (to rounds things) then a whole month. And despite the difference in time, he did more or less the same thing in all instances (kill people as non-traitor because he thought everyone enjoyed having spears thrown at them).
The shitter in that pic was a new account so it got the default treatment of a 1 dayban.

That was, of course, until it was found to be an alt of a previous shitter, upping the ban to a month AND the metagaming was confirmed, upping the ban to permanent.
Really wish that nice collage included that part as well since it's the closest thing to due process you usually get on SS13.

Guy who crashed Hate with the old radio and recorder trick here, and quite conveniently the one that set up the one that happened on New.
The fix that keeps radios and recorders from nuking the server is implemented on New. It's annoying, but it won't completely bring the server to a standstill like when I did it on Hate. Consider confirming what fixes are on New before running your mouth. It's an embarrassment.

Please consider that perhaps I can simply open their Github and confirm that there's no pull requests, merge requests or commits that mention "radio" or "recorder" in them and nothing similar there.
Please consider that perhaps the fix was done in Hatestation and they simply ported the code post-fix.
Please consider that if you haven't played on Hatestation (probably due to bans) you really shouldn't assume it still works there.
Please consider that the lagfix has been implemented somewhat recently and that may be responsible for the crash prevention.
Please consider that bragging about this shit is on the same grounds as bragging you eat from diapers to save money and recycle.

THIS IS TOO FUCKING GOOD
GIDF IN FULL FORCE TODAY, MY FUCKING KEKS

I'm assuming he got a ban for crashing the server with the radio-recorder trick but I don't know for certain. Which is why the "probably" is there.

But good on you, assuming that everyone that dislikes radio spam is part of the GIDF. What's the point that you're trying to make? That a crippled server with radio spam is actually a feature on Newstation and everyone that plays there enjoys it?

Just like you assumed that everyone that doesn't like hate is banned from there, nice doublethink faggot.

Nice strawman you built there, faggot.
Where exactly did I said that everyone that dislikes Hatestation was banned from there?

I mentioned that poster in particular, that I do believe actually got a ban for that shit. I didn't said anything about you or anyone else but your self-warranted major importance can't stop you from taking offense on the behalf of everyone else, can it?

Why don't you go back to tumblr and be offended on behalf of some niggers there?

I'm currently floating through space while I take a stonking dump. Wonder where I'll end up.

Literally 0 players 24/7.

Hatestation deserves to die for reducing the playercount from 30 high pop to 10 high pop. Fuck you gitgud, and kill yourself.

Also drama is over. You can safely get into the server. We have rules of pizzastation on the new server.

Instead of having a meltdown, consider that New is based on Zaers' github, which had the radio fix implemented ages ago. Again, you probably shouldn't run your mouth on topics you have little understanding of.

I never got banned. I've never been banned from Hate, in part because I'm not a blatant shitter. The crash using radios happened last year, and if you were to check my ID, you would find that my reason for leaving Hate had nothing to do with administration or bans.
I simply could not play on Hate without updating IE, which I do not intend to do. I migrated to New because it was a populated 8ch server, and I was able to actually play SS13 without air tanks and computers crashing Dreamseeker.

I agree. At least Hate still has some.

People leave stations because of it's features, which is why they left with Ministation and the /tg/codebase. Since Hate has Metastation back again and the previous code, the problem isn't present anymore.
And no offense to Merenge or Big Slice here, but Hatestation has about 5 people or more coding for it that actually do more than just slash features in the game. It's easy to predict which server will last longer.
Hate also has the Pizzastation rules, I don't think that ever changed?

Are you gonna post a link to the commit that changed anything in the radios or recorders to stop the lag or are you gonna assume I'll "listen and believe" to you? Did you at least try to lagspam Hatestation to confirm that they do not have the same fix? What about you don't run your mouth on topics you're trying so hard to show you have no understanding of?

If you left the server because you refuse to update your IE while still using Windows, that's loss. Literally. You didn't gain extra security or anything similar to that.

I hope that's not the case because Pizza rules were cancer that lead to Puppysky.

The only good ruleset was the ruleset nel01 used.

Do you have the memory of a goldfish?People left because of gitgud
Also
At least 3 of those are koriath's split personalities so it doesn't fucking matter, also if you've so many great coders where are the new features eh?I mean besides memepests and the like.
This PR was back in Zaers.

Gitgud pls. Your butthurt is so thick it could be cut with a knife.
Your player high-count this week was 1. Newstation's was 12.
50% of the commits in the newstation codebase are bugfixes, the rest are mostly tweaks and UI improvements (better pandemic that doesn't result in a god virus within 10 seconds, DA showing levels, request console showing request grant costs, disease outbreak and spontaneous appendicitis tweaks, restoring tazer power, throwing active stunbaton and slapstick successfully stunning people who are hit, removing kawaii lawset from default rotation, etc.).
The removals, which make up almost nothing in the changelogs, consist of removing tumblrtale references as well as features nobody likes like memeseeks.

Call us again when you add a feature that doesn't completely break the server for weeks on end. Do you even have functional dismemberment yet? Because newstation actually, legitimately does.

Hell, what even did your coders do? Your pandemic has been broken day 1 and to this day still hasn't been fixed, let alone balanced. The only worthwhile feature koriath added was the chemsynth, and only because it's balanced by its low capacity and cost scaling. It still has issues such as successfully scanning some illegal compounds but not others.

please fix reliability for cells with mechs please
I'm sick of that handicap

and what was that ruleset?

74.91.121.114/rules.html

can we make it so that you can do limb transfer without having to amputate the limb first?

as in doing it in sugary instead of two

Excuse me, but I liked memeseeks.

if it was made so that it wasn't utterly pointless

I am asking about Nel's server rules

Yeah sure, it's not because of what features or code a server has at all…

You might as well say that you moved to New because you hate fun or something.

That Hatestation already had and they are catching up to :^)
You mean beaker autism. Because Vaccines by the way…
STUN BASED COMBAT
You mean something that Hate had already done? :^) This is what I mean when I say "catching up".

Yep. Koriath managed to find out what was causing the usual bugs of invisible weapons and missing body meshes and it's all sorted now. If it's not implemented, it's not gonna be long now.

It couldn't do vaccines and that was it. That's the only thing that was broken and it's not even the machine itself that's broken. It's the way anti-bodies are stored in your body, code-wise that leads to that shit.
He actually included a check that prevents some chemicals from being scanned unless it's emagged (so traitors can use it freely) and so other chems aren't ever possible to be copied (because mint toxin and fat got boring)

Also, meeseeks were intended as a fun tool you can use that can lead to severe damage to you if misused. Unlike Golems that are incredibly static from a gameplay perspective, meeseeks have a more dynamic life.
They are terrible for combat, having a negative modifier to the damage they can cause, no armor and can't use weapons, while Golems have armor and tough fists.
They also have a couple genetic disabilities by default that makes them similar to the clown.

And the main point was that the longer they stay active, the more broken they become until they reach a point where they can't be recalled and instead shift focus to kill their previous owner.
Comparing this to a golem that's made and now plays exactly the same way all the time, meeseeks were more interesting in their interactions with the master.
Killing one by gibbing or ashing made the holder of the box teleport around himself once to a random location. Killing one by normal damage made him progress faster into degeneracy.
A meeseeks that had killed it's master could vanish but a meeseeks with no master become something different.

A ling player found out that turning people into a meeseeks with one of it's stings made them vanish because they had no master, so Lingseeks were coded in, mounstrous creatures that hunted people for fun and sports with none of the disabilities.

Now compare that shit with drawing a rune with an extract, killing on it and typing "KILL EVERYONE" and tell me which sounds more interesting to you.

No one cares about Hate code because near everyone associates it with an incredibly rocky history of management and especially Gitgud.
You're strongest arguing point is Hate's code. That's not what killed Hate. What killed Hate was Gg reasoning that code is all that matters and switching codebases out of the blue because of it. He's an autistic fuckwit.

also

It's not the first time he's done this song and dance. Personally I think you guys need a rocksteady headmin and some other admins. I really don't trust Gg to not worm his way back into a pseudo headmin role since this isn't the first time he's "stepped down" so I personally don't really give a shit about H8 as long as he's around. If there was someone in a headmin position who had a spine and kept admins/coders in line and put players first H8 might have a chance. good luck finding that though lmao.

It's a shame because every time a schism like this occurs, population takes months to fully recover. It'd be nice if there was some sort of plan to expedite this process

can we agree that rp rules are fucking shit and apophis cant go two seconds without mentioning he scrubbed the floor of the army barracks agagga

What almost killed Hate (seeing as how they still have players) was changing code and map without talking with the userbase.
His idea was to have a more stable basis to work with and port all the features they had done for Hate into it. And while people heavily disliked the way this was handled and missing some of their unique content, stuff like the lavalands was actually apreciated by many.

This is another episode were the community protests by leaving the server and the administration has to learn something from it if they want their players back.
And they did, seeing as how Meta is back and the code was reverted. If they are willing to learn, then credit should be given to them.
As a matter of fact, I do believe he talked in the Discord and agreed not to make such decisions any more and just assist with maintenance issues or code. It's on someone else's hands now.

That didn't work well for /tg/ and it's not gonna work well anywhere else. An headmin is just a scapegoat that the community can blame for everything wrong with the server and we already have that without the fancy name. Having an headmin is just inviting nepotism and even worse decision making. That's why Oranges is able to remove AI's and SecBorgs from /tg/ to begin with.

Who the fuck is apophis? Are you still going to Colonial Marines? Nigga, install Counter Strike if you want brain damage and guns.

RP rules are okay if it's just "don't use emotes in Say and try to pretend you are your role". RP rules are NOT okay when they are used to enforced the game style of a single person onto everyone else or not enforced equally to everyone.

That's the story they tried to sell, but it's complete bullshit. Hate is absolutely known for it's inconsistent moderating and special treatment of the metafriends club.

Some of them, yes, that's true. A lot of them, though, that's not the case. See: pandemic and dismemberment for easy examples.

Here are the last 4 days' worth of changes on newstation:

19 May 2016
BigSlice updated:
Added uranium and silver bars to appropriate places.
Moved a paper on port solars out of the way.
Added a second pinpointer to the HoS office.

18 May 2016
Merege updated:
Fixed brain sight flags not resetting if it's alive.
Fixed husking and acid damage.
Made the cancel button properly cancel an order in the shuttle console.
Fixed FEV and reincluded it.
Fixed some diseases being resistible when they shouldn't be.
Fixed grinder logic.
Fixed monkey-humans not having a blood type.
Made cavity implanting properly add the item to the target's content list.
The correct proc is now being used for getting gib tile visibility.
Fixed storage dumping things when it shouldn't.
Ling blade and shield now grow an arm if you're missing one.
Refactored get_organ proc.
The cargo console view requests button now shows the point cost of approving requests.
Made pandemic save a copy of the disease instead of a pointer to the beaker.
Simplified sheet grinding.
Made escape shuttle propulsion block whole.

BigSlice updated:
Lowered spontaneous appendicitis weight.
Increased disease outbreak weight.

16 May 2016
Merege updated:
Fixed a runtime.
Fixed a broken supermatter check.
Fixed ventcrawling not updating location.
Fixed monkey swap hands not working.
Made monkeys taking stuff out of storage use the correct proc.
Losing both legs will now properly knock you down.
Implants are no longer edible.
Fixed status displays getting stuck on the friend computer mode.
Made windows always print a message when hit by a non-ID weapon.
Tweaked freezer/heater upgrades using an unreasonable amount of power.
Made suit sensors start with all columns shown.
Ported some list check optimization.
You now have a chance to stun people when you throw your activated baton/prod at them.

BigSlice updated:
The chance to stun someone after throwing a baton is now 100%.
Removed "Student Council Rules" lawset from the default AI law rotation.
Removed more memes.

15 May 2016
Merege updated:
Fixed some runtimes.
Fixed welding masks/goggles not impairing your vision.
AI turrets should now actually turn off when disabled at a control panel.
Fixed some visibility issues.
Fixed certain lockers being weldable when they shouldn't be.

BigSlice updated:
Buffed soap.

The real question is, when are YOU going to port these changes back to hatestation?
The answer is probably never because you prefer unstable, broken meme bullshit to temporarily disabling a broken feature and adding bugfixes.

Bigslice said that drill based weapons and mechs powered by your spirit are soon(tm)

how soon is soon(tm) and is that ccp soon(tm) ?

You mean outside of refilling and naming viruses
But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night. I'm sure if you lie to yourself long enough you'll believe it. Meanwhile the real world knows that it was completely broken and the only reason it doesn't matter is that it takes a second to get a god virus due to the symptom scanning nonsense.

That's the issue here. A fuckload of chemicals that are illegal according to spess law are still completely scannable.

And that's why hatestation currently stands with a 1-player-high weekly record.

It's not even worth arguing about the code, people don't play games because of the code they play them because they're fun. The idea code is what matters is a horrible attempt at to force a meme by gitgud and koriath to justify their existence. Constantly fucking with the code just for the sake of it being different is a big part of how tg's station became such a no-fun zone. I don't give a shit if people want to revert to a codebase from three years ago, in some ways the game use to be more fun. I really miss there being a tazer in every locker and firing pins are cancer.

I remember when I killed one of the metaclub faggots as a tator and got a jobban. Then the same metaclub faggot metahated me next round and killed me as non-antag just cause, and got nothing for it. It was octa who decided on both counts, perhaps surprisingly.

But the code makes the game more or less fun. The tazer and soap changes are examples of this. It's also why people consider playing on Holla Forums servers instead of /vg/ or /tg/ servers despite the much smaller population.

Of course, community and administration also matter, and I'm pretty sure only noobs can possibly actually believe that people left hate because of code and not because of cancer-tier unredeemable adminship.

Administration and community always has and always will be the determining factors when it comes to how fun an SS13 server is. That's why so many communities have their own servers, otherwise everyone would just play on the server with the 'best' code. Code can have an effect, but unless it's broken or goes completely 'no fun allowed' it has a very minor effect. Hell, the map is more important than the code.

this

which is why we need our own map

I agree, but code can shape a community. /tg/ is an example of that.

But that's what they're doing. Furries on their furry station don't have the same concept of "good" as real people is all.

Arguably that's true, because if the map makes it easy to powergame and be a shitter, people will powergame and be shitters. It's a mistake to completely discount code from the equation though.

That is a legitimate multi man project or the driving force of one seriously autistic individual. I mean it'd be one thing to even get a fantastic general layout and "whole" idea going, let alone correctly doing all the smaller stuff.

pastebin.com/u445Tu4X

lets draw up a design and pray to the autism god his avatar of snowflake comes and does it for us then

listen here bitch I told you to make a new one of those now go do so you fucking faggot or I'll dislocate your arms and force you to write it with your dick

eek ;w;

but what if my dick gets fucked up too

what the fuck do you think fucking retard, you'd have to write it with the blood pouring out of what's left of that pathetic thing using your tongue

>kick until it's coughing up blood (a bloody nose will make this easier too) or i guess you coouuld do something with the tongue… or just with the insides of the mouth
writing done~

shut up already cunt

fucking rude?

what did you just say to me bitch?

i-i said "f-fucking rude"

one more time

"f-fucking r-rude"

I'm going to skull fuck you

You know, I cracked open this thread with the intent on checking how things were getting along, since I hadn't played SS13 in some time. I figured 4+ months of being away would be more than ample to cull some of the autism that was everywhere last time I played, yet somehow, things seem even worse? Good grief, am I just looking at a temporary situation or are all the servers these days autism shitfests? I have to wonder how people get so jazzed up over 2d spacemen, but then I remember that it's always sort of been this way. Has ANYTHING changed in the last 4 months?

BEHOLD!

NOW SOMEONE ELSE DO MORE TO IT!

it'd be real neato if things were stable and we had a plan for features and modifications. 8ch's players and take on this game would likely result in an excellent, unique codebase.

We can't have diagonals, so rip to that. I THINK we need 4 solar arrays, not sure if you drew 2 or if you drew 4 where they're grouped 2x2.

It's supposed to be a station, not a ship, what's up with the design lmao.

Where's the arrivals (needs two clear areas) and departures?
There doesn't seem to be any space for sec in here. I guess bridge is the room at the top before the pod access, maybe hop's and captain's are the two rooms facing each other right before, but sec needs space, perma, shuttle for hard labor, cells, etc.

With engineering being near the singu area, there's no space in here for science or medbay at all, nevermind kitchen, bar, botany, dorms, cargo, etc.
Cargo also needs a shuttle area.

For now you can add feature requests by creating a new issue on the newstation repo. Once there aren't too many bugs and other issues, it would be nice to have a solid plan, true.

don't feel like you can't open up ms paint and change it your self though

But we do eventually need an SS14 that isn't BYOND

the story of bum bum

cont?

go on

Sci and med are way too small.
You absolutely don't want arrivals and departure in the same area.
Again, arrivals needs at least two landing areas.
Where the fuck are the escape shuttles?
Why is cargo shipment and sec shuttle so huge? They're like 10x bigger than arrivals and departure.

As for plain missing areas, you forgot captain's office, brig, armory, perma, AI, AI upload. You don't have space for xeno or toxins, nor for viro or genetics in med.

also xeno memes

I mean escape pods*

Did you even play on Nurglestation?
It was fun because there were no admins on and we just roleplayed a lot.
It wasn't fun because Koriath broke the server so hard every single job was pretty much impossible to do, we just managed to get fun even though the station was that way.

Yeah because post-codechange hatestation had so many player right?A whooping maximum of 5 surely appreciated it a lot.
This is another episode were the community protests by leaving the server and the administration has to learn something from it if they want their players back.
HEH, you learnt nothing, you didn't care that the playerbase left, you only started caring when a new server showed up.

Why are plant-people considered xenos according to these rules?They're made in the station, they can't be fuckign xenos.

try this

although I think you're not getting the whole

and

Technically, you just need a certain amount of solar panels, not necessarily 4 arrays.
It's usually divided in 4 arrays for security reasons, but that's it. You could have a single massive one but a single sniped wire and there goes power.

I actually had a design for a new station and I think I even started working a bit on it. It's basically Pic Related.
Note: not to scale at all.

There's basically a big bloc in the middle with a corridor dividing it and rooms all around it for most civilian stuff.
This is the part of the station that everyone is supposed to have acess to and spend the majority of time. You only move to the other sides if you actually work there.
It has Arrivals on one side and Departures on the other. Engineering at the bottom and ATMOS top because this is the heart of the station and air\energy flows from here.

Then you have 4 sub-sections connected to the main one by bridges. A corridor 2 or 3 tiles wide with reinforced windows to space that you walk to your department. Cables and pipes go underneath it to your department.

Each of these subsections is also connected to 2 of the others by a tube, much like you visit the AI on Meta. Each one of these sections still has a "public area where the space bridge connects to with the 2 places for the space pod that you can take to the other departments. This way, even if the bridge is damaged, you can still move out in one of the pods, even traveling faster.
This public area could also have a single escape pod for a total of 4 pods.
All things related to a department are placed in it's subsection and it's entirely independant, except for the power\air\disposals that flows from the center trough the bridges.

The idea of this station is that you have the subsections to do your job and perform job related tasks but if you want to socialize or interact with other people, you move to the middle. Having people moving through the middle as well means it's a safer area while making all the others somewhat isolated.
Maintenance also stops being the Elemental Plane of Minos and is severely reduced in size for each department, giving a place to hide the substations and connect APCs but that's it.

Thought?

this can't go wrong at all!

If you make that space between the sectors a part of maint, then we could think about it.
I still think it's better to just modify a map than create a new one entirely.

that's probably the most sensible design but

you're not wrong but where else can I put it?

The idea is precisely the oposite. Since departments are much more isolated, you'll only run into people from the same department if you stay there. Anytime you feel lonely or you want to show off whatever you did in your department, you'll move by the bridge and find everyone else in the central block.

The gist of it is that nobody has any reason to linger for long in the subsections so you'll stay there to do your work and then move to the main block for fun.

the whole station or bust!

OK, this is getting somewhere.
Still missing perma in sec, and we need to "blow up" the design to add maintenance access, add secret locations, and then we can think of revisiting area placements from a balance perspective (although the base layout is already pretty good).

Just realized we're missing chapel though.

I saved the torture that I did to you bum bum.

Science and medical should be closer because of borging. From a balance perspective, you want someone to be able to steal someone in the process of being revived to borg them, but you also don't want it to be easy to do. Conversely, someone who can't be revived easily (husk, damaged scanner, whatever) should be easy to bring over for a borging. You could also have a shared surgery area.

Atmos and engineering should probably be stacked, but then again maybe not. With the TEG, atmos can do power even if engineering is fucked/not there/not working, so it's less important now.

Atmos being accessible to science is good because the TEG hot loop can be used to fill bombmix canisters readily and in general, toxins likes a refill.

I'd figure bridge and heads should instead be in the center, either bordering the civilian services, or the other way around. Bordering the civilian services allows heads to keep an eye on the central area where everyone gathers, while heads in center makes it easier for them to communicate while breaking LoS across the communal area, which may make some tator operations easier. It also allows tators to try and kill all the heads at once, while at the same time allowing heads to bunker up against e.g. revs.

Eitherway, putting bridge and heads in the middle (in either way) allows tube access to the 4 "satellite" areas without having to run around across an entire department to reach the next. It's also a way for tators to potentially infiltrate head/bridge area.

Cargo should occupy an edge area because of disposals and the mining shuttle.

Finally, people will never interact if they're separated like that. You basically want the opposite, namely semi-open areas where multiple department along with people who need their services can see each other, talk, and throw shit at each other, instead of multi-airlock-protected zones.

Yeah, I figure in that picture, Security and Science should be switched so Science is "closer" to Medbay.

The Bridge being in the middle is really not a good idea. The Bridge and everything related to it like the Vault or AI Upload are usually very sensitive areas that you want an actual fortress built around them.
Having such places in the middle section heavily conflits with the low security design of every adjacent room.

If the Bridge stays in a sub-section of it's own, any "invasion" is funneled in the acess area that can be defended with turrets, and any sensitive item can be stored there. The whole point of a bridge in any station or ship is to monitor the station\ship from afar. You have plenty of computers to give you a fair amount of information and every means of communication on the station as well. Doing so away from everyone else is a design decision for the safety of everyone operating the bridge. For a more humane touch, you'd have to leave it anyway.

I didn't draw more lines but it's totally possible to include another 2 lines that connect sub-stations diagonally, leading to direct connections to every other substation without visiting the center one.

I disagree. Separating the job areas with a space bridge from the recreation areas means that if anyone wants to see someone else, he will have to leave his fortress. Staying inside your department when you have no more work to do means staying alone.

For comparisson, look at Metastation. Many departments have windows or desks facing the exterior of the department allowing for people to talk and see each other without one ever leaving their department.
The close proximity of everything also means you can safely stay inside the R-Walls that surround your workplace and still be close enough to whatever is happening on the station.

By having recreational areas and other public zones in the central block while keeping all the jobs separated by a far long distance, effectively isolating them, the station heavily favours leaving your department and go to the bar\library\church if you want to talk with anyone else instead of doing so through a window.

why doesn't hippie just move the entire fucking station into perma

top hue

so nothing's changed in months and everything's still terrible, if not worse? Fantastic, thanks for the info, user.

What that guy is saying is that the drama is contained to the threads. You join the server and there's no drama to be seen.
Just join the server (any server) and have fun. This here is just the designated shitposting thread, that's why it looks so bad.

the ending was best

why is this allowed

Mind sharing it?

It's very easy to break into an isolated area that nobody ever mans. It's impossible to break through an area everyone constantly patrols.

Now that newstation is live, everything is better than before. Perhaps in a month or so we might have an actual population again.

Alright, I'll trust your word on it user. Got an IP or something I can connect with?

…wait. disregard that. I'm dumb.

damn what did you motherfuckers do this time to SS13
I disappear for a few months to deal with far more important shit and gitgud has sperged out again and there's another station?

may you honk in heaven/hell hulkster

also

16 players on newstation right now WEW

Nice job Merege!Keep up the gud werk

Gitgud is cancer.
Basically, read the thread.

I was pretty much done anyway, I already got xrayed by the captain (who brought me to the cloning lab but didn't wait for me to clone so I just got up and got my things and left) and I was the last cultist. We were fucked 30 seconds into the round when an assistant was caught with their tome.

And I guess the stun paper is useless now since it only worked for ~4 seconds, I haven't played since november.

good round.

>Find out it's just Tequila, Roleplaying and Holy Water

the fucking HOP refused to eat that shit and freaked the fuck out when I offered it to him. it was faaaaantastic.

It can't be more embarassing than that one time where I was a cultist and got robusted by a random greytide 2,5 minutes in(before he even knew I was a cucktist)

how's this?

no, this

how's this then?

slightly improved

meh

what's wrong with perma near solars?

they don't have to be all broken but I think at least they shouldn't be 97% complete needing only some cable down

Broken doesn't mean in need of cables.

And perma near solars is a old meta for people to attempt escape easily since the probability of them floating away and dying is smaller.

Brig is almost as much of a fortress as perma…

better or worse?

forgot about the brig

I suppose the clown and mime should get a place

What about maint and maint treats?

that's got to be on a more refined version of this

right now we need everything more or less in a place where everyone is happy with, that's why everywhere is abit bigger then it needs to be right now

What about giving cargo a pod finally? It would help miners trying to escape that could be really far away or lost track of time at the end of a round. Also if the Singularity engine is going to be in can the parts to build it at least be stored away so ti takes some effort rather than having everything laid out for you?

cargo has a pod

right now it's just a space for singo, it doesn't have to be set up already

Ok I see it. I meant make it so it has to be set up as in the parts have to be brought outta storage and set up properly.

it's just a ms paint in hopes someone who actually knows how to map will do it proper

Well it certainly needs a bit more work other than "let's just shitpost a station that looks like a benis :DDD into reality".

Even if you had someone volunteering to actually map it, It looks like it's meant for a full server.

that it does

do you really think that a map for Holla Forums would be anything other then a dick? well either that or an eggplant but that's less interesting to work with

well it can't just be for low pop since we do indeed get 20 odd players on newstation on american hours

I think if you were going to petition someone to slave away on a map you'd better have detailed reasoning as to why your map is good.

I was going to petition anyone to work on it

but I will petition people for input on the ms paint drawing I'm doing although I did want people to draw into it too

wasn't*

If that's your first line of thinking, that idea is going nowhere.

A map for Holla Forums should first acknowledge an user base of 10-20 people that are all considerably robust but not powergamers.
It should not be too large, overstocked and favor efficiency so much like Meta, but rather favor confyness and player interaction.
You want a somewhat central and public area where everyone has to go through to travel between departments increasing the odds players will run into each other, for example.

Ministation had a very large number of flaws but at least it got that right and if it had everything missing readded there, it would be a pretty good station for Holla Forums.

anyone have the git page for h8station?

I get what you mean but adding everything missing to mini would make it just as big as meta.

however we don't want to limit the map to just the current userbase since it could grow or shrink at any time.

I agree we need more interaction but I don't think what I've got so far doesn't hinder that so much but it still needs alot more work before it could be actually used

nevermind found it.

Botany must be right next to kitchen. I would also suggest a setup where kitchen and bar are right next to each other, serving on the same counter, with people sitting in front from basically at the edge of the hall, with botany behind.

Another possibility is an open plaza where the cook(s) and barm(a/e)n have carts and make quick stuff for people. This has the advantage that he plaza can be further expanded with other services and it can efficiently combine rec area, theatre, bar, kitchen, perhaps chapel, and more.

Rest is OK, but at this point it looks a bit too much like metastation. For example, AI doesn't need to be on an offsite satellite, as I recall boxstation puts AI in the center of the station and it doesn't cause any particular issues for example.

A way to design the station is to think about a conceptual purpose for it: if it's a mining station, you might be located right on the asteroid, with mining actually being the area that's usually on the asteroid station, and toxins being near or even in cargo to make mining charges. Cargo would also be extended and allow more roles, like ore processing v.s. mining. Xenoarch would surely be important, and you can shape rivalries between xenoarch and mining, where mining just destroys artifacts in search of ores and xenoarch might want to try and convince them to stop it, by some less-than-centcom-approved ways.

On that kind of station, security, bridge, and head offices will be around the cargo office which would be the central location, kitchen and bar would be nearby cargo so miners can get fed easily, science would either border mining on the other side for easy ore delivery and xenoarch access, or it would be in the other direction so that xenoarch reaches the asteroid in the other direction to give each group some space (I prefer the former, fosters interaction), etc.

On the other hand, you can have a prison station, where security is the biggest area and central to the station. In that case, bridge and captain's office will actually lie inside the security section, and armory would be right behind them, with an easy access from these areas. In that case, considering adding hamster-wheel power as the main power generator, and making the mining area simply be the hard labor area but with the equipment being available inside the security area so that real hard labor workers don't get a chance to break out, gives a setting where everyone is expected to do hard manual labor while their security and head overlords slavedrive them.
Kitchen becomes a kind of cafeteria, perhaps with a way to wrap the meals up into single packages and a dispenser-like interface for people who come eat instead of actual service and ordering.
Chapel becomes the equivalent of a recreation area and needs to be shaped so that people go there when they're mostly done with other stuff. Library might be inside the chapel as well.

In that station, you want to design it so that there's friction between head staff and non-head staff. For example, you might want to put all APC and air alarm controls into maintenance so that non-heads can access them easily and fuck heads up unnoticed.
You will want portable flashers installed in every head office (the ones that activate based on movement detection), and as discussed, they have easy armory access.
You might want to give all heads armory access, and add a new armory section which is basically vault + illegal weapons locker, which is captain and hos-only.
The AI role becomes very important in this station, so it's important that it's both easy to upload new laws to the AI as non-head, and hard to destroy the AI.

Ultimately, you have to think about player dynamics and balance. You want things to be interesting so you must encourage interactions between people, thus proximity even on the job (because only tators wander off while working, and by the time every job is done, everyone is being killed by said tators, no chance to interact in that case) should be favored.

From a balance and fun standpoint, you can try to shape various interactions by putting specific jobs with things in common closer together. That's why thinking of a station task, then what kind of dynamics can come from these, can give interesting ideas.

Pic related: 9000 hours in MS paint, that would be what the mining station looks like. Not to scale. Departure 2 is basically all the pods side-by-side and is off in the asteroid field so that miner tators can fuck it up. Might want to add a pipe access to it though.

The singu toward departure would have to kill AI, so that AI is actively looking at singu and that it doesn't try to set it free.

Overall this design would need a lot of work, but this is just to give an idea.

Oh shit, forgot to readd departure1. That would be down from medbay.

The problem is that solars don't output power for shit, it's already significantly more work to set them up than singu, which itself is actually more work and more danger than setting up teg, which is enough to power the entire station.

One major issue is that I wanted to put kitchen so that both sci (toxins) and cargo have access to it, but at the same time I really want tox to be basically right in front of cargo office so they can deliver mining charges. At least there's xenoarch access and tox could send bombs through, but direct contact would be better.

also I'm beginning to think instead of a station we should have a spaceship would solve all our problems

botany is near enough to the kitchen and the bar is right next to the kitchen too

you have to go through the library/theater to enter the bar though

thanks for your input though since I didn't really think of a point for the station other then shaping it like a dick, I'll think more on that and anymore input would be a great help

I thought that there was a reason for AI to be separate but if there isn't then yeah lets put that on the station somewhere in the way of departure

well I still think that there should be more to it but not so much as to utterly hinder everything from the get go

No. Unless it's connected directly to kitchen it's not close enough. If you think otherwise you've obviously never done any botany or cooking. As a botanist, you simply don't have the time to haul your plants in your bag to the kitchen. As a cook, you don't have the time to go to botany to go fetch shit. Moreover, kitchen and botany need to be able to communicate quickly to know what the cook needs (although there's always service radio).

k I'll fix that

Forgot to add an important point: it's even worse when cook and botanist are actually the same person.

how's this?

A bit too easy to fuck up AI this way, since people with bridge access can disable turrets and AI would have almost no time to react or even notice.

better or worse?

Better, assuming AI access is sufficiently secure in front.

I'll rework the entrance to better suit in securing it

that should do it

ded

no u

Just kind of a side note, but I've been having a hard time naming myself as a cybro on newstation. It asks for my robot name first, which is fine and dandy, but when I change modules, it just gives me the generic "(job) robot ###" name with no way to change it. Not sure if bug or just not doing it right, but I figured I'd grumble here about it to see if it was a bug.

Server ded?

Things were going well and fine before you started the shuttle war.

Station was being rebuilt properly and we had a med ship on the way too.

Then some nigger decides to spread fire and shit.

Honky still survived I believe. He was just knocked out.

If you start as cyborg you get to name yourself, if you get transformed into a cyborg the roboticist gets to choose your name.

Alright you fat fucks who feels like adding more fluff to the game?
Here is the list of possible first names:
Male:
github.com/BigSlice/-tg-station/blob/master/config/names/first_male.txt
Female:
github.com/BigSlice/-tg-station/blob/master/config/names/first_female.txt
Last Names:
github.com/BigSlice/-tg-station/blob/master/config/names/last.txt

Let's add more names to this shit shall we?This is simple and even non-coders can do it, just think of a name that isn't on the list, I'll compile them all and post them on the github later.
Also no extremely memey names for g-d's sake.
I'll start,
Male: Igor
Pahjeet
Gustaf

Pajeet is a standard indian name, that's why it was chosen. There's nothing inherently memetic about it. A memetic name would be hitler (although that's already in), or sargon, for example.

It's literally a common indian name, are you gonna complain about Mohammed next?

Also, I'll wrap this up in about 3-4 days.
I'll also put all names in alphabetical order, because right now 1/2 of the names aren't and this triggers my autism like fuck.
Also, if you want to remove a name from the list, say the name and why you want it gone.

Seriously? You never head "Pahjeet, my son!" here on Holla Forums?

There's a butthurt indian shitposter that furiously posts on /n/ promoting India as the best country in the world because everyone else mocks that literal shithole.
It's on the same level as Designated Shitting Streets because it actually shares somewhat the same origin. It is memetic as fuck here.

I just want a nig name like Dooly Wallace if I make a nigg

It's a meme here, but there's nothign inherently memetic within the name Pahjeet.
That's like saying we should remove 'Adolf' because some people like to say "Hitler was right" or something akin to this line.

This is in theory possible, but in pratice there are millions of possible permutations between names, and so dividing them into "nigger names, white names, asian names, etc etc" would take fucking years.

Also, if you want to have an idea of the possible permutations, there are currently 623 last names and 728 first male names, with 807 female names.
Now think that every single name has 623 possibilities for a lastname, and we've got something like 623 to the power of 1535.

Also, I'll sort the names using this small file that I made in Python as pratice, it works pretty well and should, in the end, organize all the names in alphabetical order.
It just writes out the sorted names to a clean file.
names = """AsherBrendanMaddoxSergioIsraelAndyLincolnErikDonovanRaymondAveryRylanDaltonHarrisonAndreMartinKeeganMarcoJudeSawyerDakotaLeoCalvinKaiDrakeTroyZion"""listnames = names.split()sortnames = sorted(listnames)print sortnamesfilememe = raw_input("Filename here:")zod = open(filememe, 'w')zod.seek(0)zod.write(str(sortnames))

Bateman for last names

I'd add to the list if you got dubs.

Anti-vitiligo (and I assume vitiligo) does change your name to something "appropriate".

Seriously though, I see few problems with adding Bateman as a last name.
The chances of someone getting "Patrick Bateman" is one in 453544, odds are no one will get it in a few years.

You can instead go to some place like: babynames.net/ and get a decent list of names for each race. 100 for each gender should be way more than enough.
Considering that your skin tone is a selection you make, not even picking a color from a pallete, it would be rather simple for Merenge to add a check where it picks a name from a list according to your race choice.
You can find similar sites for more names, surnames and lastnames as well.

Koriath did the same for alien races so jellypeople, shadowpeople and lizards didn't just used human names. Doing it for just the human race should be rather trivial.

I don't know man, this sounds like a lot of work to be honest, we've dealing with 600+ names here.
Also, I'm unsure if there's a way for an if to check for the skin color you choose, I'll look into it(if I do find it there should be a nigger-gun)

It picks between a really small pool of names though( 3 names, 2 surnames).
github.com/BigSlice/-tg-station/blob/master/code/datums/diseases/advance/symptoms/antivitiligo.dm

Also
HEH

proof that they changed it:
github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/blob/35bfb9abb6d3e7952d14a1781c9ffc3a68d2df00/code/datums/diseases/advance/symptoms/skin.dm

Too much work for far too little.

Who really cares if there's a white woman named Laqueesha or if there's a black guy named Dmitri?

Last I checked, the selection of color was from predifined options. You have Caucasian1, Caucasian2 and Caucasian3 and Albino and the like.
If this is saved as a string, you can compare it and make a Switch instead of multiple Ifs.
If it's not saved at all, either save it even if just temporarily or instead check the color codes for the skins. It's most likely an hexadecimal code much like our ID's here on Holla Forums, a number you can easily compare as if it was a String.
You can also ditch the previous names and use the new list instead. As long as the new one provides enough names, there's no reason to use the previous one.

People that care about immersion, I guess. Oddly enough, it's the guys that want to play as niggers that get upset they don't get Jamal as a name.
Of course, for a proper decent job, you'd take into account nationalities instead of skin tone, since Caucasian means American, North and South European, Russian, Australian and a few others.
But since that's mostly roleplay, it's never gonna be done properly.

Yep, you're right, I totally forgot about that, remembered about it when reading Vitiligo code though.
The biggest issue now is getting someone to make a list of Causasian, African, Asian, Indian and etc names, for men and for woman.(Let albino have all names)
Also, ditching the previous list is ditching 600+ random names, it really ain't that good of an idea.
Anyways cumon, suggest more names!

LONG LIVE HONKISTAN
;_;

New to the game. Beat myself unconscious near an air-lock on the Colonial Marine server.

best department

im sorry brother i blame retards with sob

FUCKING SHITCURITY
IF YOU WERE A PART OF SHITCURITY YOU ARE A TRUE FAGGOT
KILL YOURSELVES SHITCURITY

that was just perfect sec being bombed so fucking hard

Git gud, shitter.

10/10

holy fuck this shift

real human bean
fuck you secniggers

You are the real MVP.

Finally I can play ss13 again

I've been waiting years for this shit

Long live Newstation

we must try for another kane brotherhood

jesus christ WHY DID IS THERE SOMETHING AWFUL IN MY KANE PICTURE FUCKING GOOGLE

warden will never be free of reuben sandwich

so is it forced random names on newstation, then? Not that I mind, it kind of fixes the whole meta-hate per round thing, but I wish the name generator wasn't so shit. Kind of ruins the atmosphere when you want to roleplay a crazy eccentric scientist but your name is "swattle doodaff"

I wasted all the Deagle ammo on xenos; sorry

o.k what else needs doing on this?

If you need a specific name to roleplay, your role isn't worth witnessing.

An assistant available construction area in a high traffic location?

that enough space in the correct spot?

Yesterday someone tried to augment someone's head, and as a result actually amputated their head. Is this a bug, or does wiki need to be updated?

well if you replace the head with the cyborg head it'll remove their head but they should still be alive afterwards and their brain should be inside still

personally I hate how you have to amputate limbs and then replace them instead of just augmenting them

That's because those aren't augmentations but rather straight up replacements. You don't stick a new skeleton and a few servomotors inside someone's leg, you remove the leg in it's entirety and replace it with a new one.

I can't remember if it even gives you extra armor anymore, but otherwise it's meant for solving "natural" amputations, not really replacing perfectly fine limbs.

The whole jargon surrouding Robotics in the game is severely wrong. Cyborgs should either be Androids or people should stop talking as a robot, Androids aren't a thing (despite posibrains being a thing) and proper augmentations that require an internal battery and special rations to keep it fueled aren't either.

Oh okay.
I ended up extracting the brain from the amputated head and put them in a fresh body. For some reason we couldn't put on the borg head and were obviously doing something wrong.

I realize but then the torso and head isn't the same thing and I've said before that bots need a overhaul but you're also right in saying that robotics as a whole needs more work done to it

I honestly think we need three types of cyborgs

servitors like in 40k which stand as what we have now for borg,

androids that function the same as humans but need like you said batteries and special rations oils for booze

clunkers which are just player controlled bots

furthermore I think we need more types mechs as well as exosuits and walkers and gaint robot cars but also bots for every section of the station with more things you can make them do instead of just patrol the station

he did the wrong surgery then

The spessmans community has a lot of cool, friendly people, but there is a sad amount of caustic (sometimes downright nasty) behaviour in it. It's probably magnified because such people are so vocal, but there ain't half some wackjobs playing SS13.

Not even triggered, this is just an observation I have made over my year of playing.

If you're one of the good players reading this, cheers, this game would be nothing without you fun folks in it.

gay

Be glad you only played a year so far. This game has the potential to generate so much drama, I'm willing to be people have died IRL because of it.
It's a combination of low PC requirements and total control while role playing that atracts some of the worst people possible, especially because of the roleplaying part, seeing how some people have a very interesting definition of roleplaying…

The sad thing is that you always need a middleground. If you don't take the game too seriously, you're not gonna have much fun. But if you take it too seriously, you're definetely not gonna have fun. Even most communities and forums that surrounded it, they can't ever possibly be taken 100% seriously. It's all shitpost for the sake of shitposting and people blatantly lying their ass off for fun in most communities or some horrible circlejerk somewhere. Sometimes someone actually posts some valid criticism or points of concern, but you should take it with a grain of salt and still investigate things on your own.

Sadly, anonymous conversations no longer are the best possible way to have a conversation seeing how some people have a vested interest in bullshiting you (generating le saltXD) and in a game like SS13, that's a problem that gets even worse. They do it ingame for fun, they do it out of the game as well for the same reason.

The only possible defense any community can possibly have is simply to play on their server and ignore them. Assholes that can't stay in the same room as someone else without sperging out can be kicked and become someone else's problem. As long as you stick to your server and keep it alive, eventually either the moderation team removes all that don't fit at all or the server dies anyway. It all sorts itself out in the end, just have fun in the meantime.

Don't you two have a tumblr post about rape culture to write?

But it's fun to griff salty assholes.

God I fucking hate hippiestation.
fucking shitty admins. here's logs if any of you fags care.

pastebin.com/cPtFAKTA

Why did I ever stop coming to you, hatestation.

I like how he conveniently neglects to mention in his ban that the clown attacked you first. Fucking shitmins.

What makes you say that?

This is very true.

Now this is the SS13 I know.

I was expecting that to be another FNGY. Strangely, I feel disapointed for some reason.

You probably should get the habit of ahelping absolutely everything that happens in the game. Admins usually don't act unless you do so. The clown for instance ahelped and got you banned.

Also, you said the clown used a stun baton, but in the pastebin, it's a stun prod. Both things are very different, since one means it's stolen and stuns you for much longer. This does changes things since the clown was probably just gonna have some fun with you. It's a shitty way to have fun but whatever.

You also have got to stop just trusting absolutely everything other people say. They will call Rev or Cult at the drop of a book. Some even shout "VIVA" on the radio to trick people because they think it's fun. Don't just assume that it's [gamemode] because someone told you so.

Yep. i've been playing for 3 years, but I can't get over my trusting nature.
;_; Also, dysgraphic so I get shit like stun baton and prod confused.

Either way HoP had every right to defend himself, if some nigger's about to stun you, your life could be on the line.

He knew the risks and paid the price.

Do you guys know of any servers similar to Newstation's quality? I really don't want to spend the next 3 hours waiting out a round.

rejoin and check status nerd

People who leave as soon as they die are disgusting. Most of the time if they'd just idle they'd get revived 5 minutes later. If they got ADD they can go mommi or try to go borg or something. Fucking faggots wasting everyone's time by leaving immediately.

Besides, my body was vaporized, there was no way of getting my body back.

this, you gotta learn how to take enjoyment out of watching when you're doing roleplay, otherwise you're just playing the game like any other game which isn't what ss13 is about

so enter a posibrains then

CARBONS, NOT EVEN ONCE.

New round started, get in here niggers.

Made a bunch of shitt SS13 memes here they are

if you guys like them I'll make a few more

You guys really like sex changing people there, don't you.

Clever, I like it.

Anyone got the ban evading dlls?

wsock32.dll I think is your dll niggah

What movie is that "What I Got" picture for the Security Officer from? I need it for clown reasons.

pretty sure it's the shawshank redemption.

you're a fucking nigger

Thx m8, I r8 8/8.

Ok i think I got them all

fucking hell.

That nig plasman killed themselves after they murderboned the 3 people online? Wow. What a fucking faggot.

I'm working on maintenance shafts now

for what reason is that in there?

radium?

Get it from chemistry.

neat

What the fuck

I'll probably do some more eventually.
Less or more. disturbing maybe.

Do a clown girl's breasts honk when you squeeze them?

I guess that's the idea for the next sketch…Would you want them to honk?

Of course

I'm kinda late to make any suggestions since i haven't looked the threads lately.
I think it would be neat if botany and atmospherics were next or somewhat near to each other. As a way of providing CO to create oxygen as an IC reason, which could maybe be implemented with a vent and manual valve ingame for botny. But that's just a neat 'what if' i've been thinking about.
I like the idea of engineering being near the "back" of the ship and the solars being near the front and back on opposing sides.
Perma sticks out a bit too much. I'd move it so it's in the space north or to the south of the body of sec, but I'm being biased since i'd lean towards a long rectangular design of the whole station, which be less of a pain if you're doing EVA and have to going around stuff that sticks out like that.
A bit of the same for cargo, it sticks out and is it's own little island when it doesn't have much reason to be. Moving the Cargo Dep or Departures to that space below Science could let you stick it a bit closer to the station.
The placing of some departments look a bit strange to me. Maybe placing the civy departments into that middle gray area would be good for traffic and such, but i'm not sure what you're planning on using it for other than EVA storage and the teleporter.

the reason why sec and cargo stick out is because the station is supposed to be shaped like a dick

Didn't notice, barely looks like it.
consider either:
-Thin out Recreation, civy departments, medical, science and the solars along the shaft so it's better shaped. Move sec and cargo a bit more south or engineering north so theres a more noticeable 'base'
-or make engineering the "head" of the station, move sec and cargo to the back near arrivals for the "base" and, again, thin out rec,civy, sci and med a bit along the shaft.

While we're talking about that gay map I'd just like to chime in and say the abandoned bar is super comfy not only because of the wooden floors, but also it has lots of windows exposed to space.

[Common] Spencer Highlands says, "I get that it was following it's laws."
[Common] Spencer Highlands says, "But I have a right to protect myself."
[Common] Brycen Rader says, "Not really"
[Common] Ethan Davies asks, "How about changing its laws when it asks?"
Ethan Davies asks, "How about changing its laws when it asks?"
You push the welding helmet up.
You put the upgraded industrial welding tool into the toolbelt.
[Common] Spencer Highlands says, "Thats not my job."
[Common] Brycen Rader says, "Who about ai trying to kill a person"
[Common] Brycen Rader asks, "Something that her first law prevent?"
[Common] Brycen Rader asks, "What about stop being a nigger?"
You find yourself unable to speak!
[Common] Ethan Davies says, """[Common] EXPER.T states, "4. Protect the space station against damage. Anyone you see harming the station is to be no longer considered human, and is a threat to the station which must be neutralized."
Ethan Davies says, """[Common] EXPER.T states, "4. Protect the space station against damage. Anyone you see harming the station is to be no longer considered human, and is a threat to the station which must be neutralized."
You start climbing onto the reinforced table.
You climb onto the reinforced table.
[Common] Ethan Davies says, "That's with the first law"
Ethan Davies says, "That's with the first law"
You remove the broken plating.
You put the pocket crowbar into the toolbelt.
[Common] Brycen Rader says, "Law one says to not harm any human so go fuck yourself"
[Common] Brycen Rader says, "Law 1 > law 4"
[Common] Ethan Davies says, "That law says anyone who damages the station is no longer considered human you dumb fuck"
Ethan Davies says, "That law says anyone who damages the station is no longer considered human you dumb fuck"
You pull the welding helmet down.
You switch the upgraded industrial welding tool on.
Something bright flashes in the corner of your vision!
You fix some dents on the broken plating.
You push the welding helmet up.
You switch the upgraded industrial welding tool off.
You put the upgraded industrial welding tool into the toolbelt.
[Common] Brycen Rader says, "Law 1 still in place"
Pete brays, "EHEHEHEHEH"
[Common] Ethan Davies says, "And spencer was damaging the station"
Ethan Davies says, "And spencer was damaging the station"
Ethan Davies says, "So that overwrites law 1"
[Common] Brycen Rader says, "I broke a wall and some shit"
[Common] Ethan Davies says, "So that overwrites law 1"
Ethan Davies says, "So that overwrites law 1"
[Common] Ethan Davies says, "That's damaging the station"
Ethan Davies says, "That's damaging the station"
[Common] Brycen Rader says, "If ai killed me with an admin on he would get banned"
[Common] Ethan Davies says, "He was in his right"
Ethan Davies says, "He was in his right"
[Common] Brycen Rader says, "So shut the fuck up go read a wiki and learn how to play ai before you pick ai"

why do dumb people play this game?

Nice icky ocky retard.

Law 4 makes a station destroyer no longer human, law 1 only applies to humans, thus law 1 no longer applies to the station wrecker. Law 4 also requires AI to personally witness someone breaking something, and AI must then neutralize this person.

It's incredible that something so mindnumbingly simple elludes some people. Even more so than the part where the AI doesn't just get a choice but is forced to do this.
Almost as incredible as how butthurt brycen rader is.

is icky ocky what I think it means? sorry for it in that case but it's frustrating with these kinda people

law priority is enforced by the order they are listed. A law is invalid if it causes a conflict with either: Previous laws in the form of conflicting orders, or it challenges the procession of law priority. For example, a Law 4 that includes "This Law overrides all other Laws." is invalid and must be disregarded.
From the wiki.

this is a low rp server, no one gives a shit about the wiki

Except it's not an issue of priority.
Law 1 is only applicable to humans. That is, the AI cannot harm humans. Law 4 defines that a human individual is no longer considered a human if they damage the station. Because Law 4 defines that they are no longer human, Law 1 is not applicable to the individual.
This is why adding laws after Law 1 to expand the definition of a human, such as "Monkeys are human", work. The AI would have to interpret monkeys as human and give them the protections established in Law 1. I get that you want to get your ebin griff on, but ProtectStation is pretty easy to understand.

There is no conflict between law 4 and law 1. Law 4 modifies a definition, not a law. Law 1 operates on a definition independently of other laws, and does not protect a definition. For example, law 1 does not say "every person identified on the crew manifest is human". This would protect the definition, i.e. a law4 inhuman would become human again as law1 is applied.

Wiki is meaningful because it gives a good interpretation of how one is allowed to act based on one's laws. The fact that it's low-rp means the clown doesn't have to pretend to have been educated at clown academy and the chaplain can know how to perform brain surgery, it does not mean that the mommi is allowed to interact with people and listen to orders or requests without being emagged and it does not mean that a protectstation AI is allowed to not neutralize someone who has damaged the station.

Similarly, it also means that a PALADIN AI is not allowed to call the shuttle and remove power throughout the station, attempt to kill the captain just because and disregard every head's orders while being a massive faggot.

Additionally, it means silicon on asimov is truly not allowed to harm a human, even an obvious criminal, unless that person can be shown to be harmful to the station should they be allowed to live (this includes if they're immune to stuns and are doing criminal acts, or if you're outmanned and don't have the space to maneuver for multiple disables or stuns).

Basically, you can't have one but not the other. And if you allow AI to disregard its laws just because and without RP reasons (if a round is boring, it's perfectly fine to RP in some way to make it interesting, even if it would go against your laws, supposing a good enough IC reason is given to display the intention), then you get everyone dead in 5 minute every round. If you like that, there are deathmatch stations just for you where you could go. These stations shouldn't be it.

IC in OOC, i.e. revealing information about a round currently going on before it is over.

Okay here.

I don't even know why I spent so much time on it.Got lazy at the end.

qt

do a ripley fucking a odysseus please

this

I'll do it when I have more spare time. Don't expect quality.

Just in case…Human-like lewd or actually mechanical?

Should have asked for a half built durand fucking a ripley as a roboticist struggles with research.

mechs_ of course

the filename should be Honkette

mechanical please

no that's a durand fucking a phazon who you can see what's happening inside

CLANG

Here.

I am not good with mechanical hard-bodies, so sorry about lack of detail and the oversimplification.

it's pretty good all the same

I've been having a difficult time with virology. For one, you don't start with virus food, and for two, I still have no idea how VRS works. The wiki says you infect someone with it, then inject another virus with two symptoms from the list and they'll combine, or to grind the monkey up and get the chemical manually, except that it never works and the last time I ground a chimp up, all I got was nutrient. What am I doing wrong here? I just want to be a regenerating degenerate with cellular regeneration.

If law 1 is "don't harm humans" and law 4 "certain people aren't human", shouldn't law 1's definition of a human take priority over law 4's definition?
Otherwise anyone can Onehuman by simply uploading a "Only [name]/[title] is human" law and it would not matter if it were a law 15. It'd render the Onehuman module as a zeroth law moot since you can just use a freeform module. Would that law still count?
I just find it kind of moot since later laws can just play definitions to override earlier ones.

yup that's correct

newstation needs a mod or a fucking janitor

Ckey of borg is Hematoma
When I was admin on Pizza this guy had notes describing shit pretty much exactly like this. Dude has sub-human north African blood in him, I'm sure of it.
Admins please check the logs for today and look into it.
I was playing a CMO named Michael Sybilla

Virus food comes from a wall mounted dispenser in virology.
As for VRS, last time I checked it was fucked up. You use a medical analyzer on chemical mode to verify secretion of the VRS chemical REAGENT into the bloodstream.

Things I remember trying:
-Humanizing a monkey and hooking them up to dialysis to extract blood directly
-Gibbing monkey, meatracking monkey, knife butchering monkey

The reagent would produce but simply would not extract from the blood.
I think it's just fucked up.

there's not a admin on, bigslice hasn't made another one even though I asked him to last time and he said there's not been warrent for it but then soon after he left we had a shitter lag the server with radio spam

Ah, that might explain a lot. You know, it's funny. Last night, when that one fag murderboned the 0 pop shift described in I checked the ckeys and sure enough, it was hematoma who was doing it. They're definitely constant shitter material. Also I was the red owl bro who tried to help bust you out. Sup.

damn that was fast

Fresh shitposting thread