Games that made you cry

POST GAMES THAT MADE YOU BAWL LIKE A BABY

Thread about emotional games/sad games

Happy cries, sad cries, weird cries, angry cries, indifferent cries, virtual novels, first person soldiers, srpgs, PC, PS3, Nintendo, Xbox, indie, and blockbusters welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Dingalinggames/status/702922505854459904
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The waifu death mechanic becomes a bit gimmicky after the first couple of deaths, but while its still fresh it certainly hits you hard that you are sending your waifus out to fight and ultimately die for you.

I've never cried at a video game, I can't imagine getting that emotional over a game.

Shadow Hearts canon ending

Soul Sacrifice Delta.
>mfw that scene with Sortiara in the illusion world

These games were pretty okay

Telling the truth

I never cried because of a game but the saddest a game ever made me was when Soap died in MW3 and I dunno why.

Dating sims always hit me in the feels

I didn't cry, but I did take pity on him.

i cried at the end of MGS4 when I thought Snake died so that the people he cared about could be happy.

but then he didn't…

and then he did anyway but they didn't show it

KOJIMA YOU NIGGER !!!!

HAHA FAGGOT

I cried over a video game for the first time when I completed Conker Live and Reloaded, at my age, my perception of endings for stories was always that it was a triumph over evil and happily ever after, but when the ending happened it just kicked me in the gut, as I wanted Conker to go back to normalcy, but at the end he became surrounded by faggots, and even though he was king, he wanted to be at home with Berry. I think I was 8 when I finished that game.

Surprised furfags dont talk about it more considering the characters. I guess they are too busy crying over tumblrtale to notice.

I've never cried because of a game, but pic related is the closest I've ever come to doing so. Even with the epilogue, it's still kind of downer.

Jesus fuck. I was going to call you underage but you're not (just). How do kids even know what good games are?

I generally find that books, movies and tv shows are more effective tear jerkers than video games.

To The Moon had me crying a lot. It wasn't even that sad, more of a tragic yet happy story. Enjoyed it a lot.

i tend to get teary eyed at the credits

You will never save Luna

this hit me harder than that car crash ever did

This song/story in EBA made me cry And still makes me want to well up every time I play it

The very end of EBA also gets me pretty emotional. When the Agents were turned to stone, and Lucy starts chanting and clapping, and then everyone joins in, and the power of hope and music unpetrifies them

I know EBA isn't even a really serious game, but damn….I mean, given this is practically a kid's game, it tackled a pretty serious matter/issue that happens a kid losing a parent

The translation of Drakengard 3 was awful and turned Zero unlikeable, but they couldn't translate this song.

This is pretty vanilla but To The Moon did a number on me. Partially because of the music that it just spot on.

Also all the Bioshock games, especially the best ending of the first one, this one made me feel some feels and even to this day watching it still revives some feels. 2 was decent as well, not as good but good tho. Infinite was a bit less good but still felt something despite the lukewarm plot twist.

The level of EBA that made me well up is this one.
It's so heartfelt and well done

Lost Odyssey

Seth's whole story beginning to end is fucking rough.

That was a pretty good one too.

Here's that other one I mentioned, the final song of the story.

Danganronpa 1 and 2: I cried at the murder of ch. 2 in the first game and the very end the trial of ch. 2 in the second game.

Still not entirely cool afterward.

MY NIGGER. Save, Sacrifice, or Fate?

What quest/chapter/level/weird mission naming system was that? I remember it but it's been a long time since I played it. I'm einstalling after I post this in fact!

>that one Ura who shoots you and is then killed by a commander or whatever as they rest just watch you

Say what you want about germans, but they sure can make a proper peeling game.

I cried after finishing the sixth chapter of Bioshock Infinite

That 'game' is still considered a masterpiece to some.

How the fuck can you play through such horseshit for a bland, recycled story that's been milked harder than a Holstein from Holland?

None of them.

I'm not a faggot.

Crisis Core if you actually try and fight off the guys instead of sit there and get murdered

Digital Devil Saga 2

Rondo of Swords is pretty depressing. Neither route is really "good". The closest thing it has to a good route is the one where you kill your little sister, massacre half the continent after turning into a broken, cold-hearted man from killing your sister, and then find out you were a clone of the prince meant to assassinate him. It ends with you either dying or living alone with a loli from the cult that created you. The other ending lets your imouto live but you never find out the truth, nothing is ultimately solved, and you end up in a loveless marriage with the pope.

DAMN SON WHERE'D YOU FIND THIS GRADE A TASTE IN VIDYER.

Did you pick Heat over Ronald if you had the chance/even knew you could?

It hurts knowing this was the last good game ever made

Yes, yes, your franchise got defiled, we get it, but try no to go full insufferable hipster.

both times I played through…

GET OUT

Imma be real.

I have only ever played the BioShock trilogy once.

Each one broke my heart more than the last.

Not because of the characters or the storyline, but because of the implications of reality they forced me to accept.

Love is just chemicals, as is every other feeling.

Free will does not exist.

In no reality can you do anything besides what was ordained for you to do.

And that horrified me on an existential level, because it was the exact antithesis of what I believed.

But these games were the cosmos itself telling me that I was nothing more than a programmed pawn.

And that fucking broke me.

Yeah. I picked Heat.

Hey man, the sequel implies there will be a new cycle after the "canon" events where the good ending will happen

Embed related. That shit was hard on teenager me.

Ah this game…

First time when Justin decides to go on adventure without Sue…

Second time when Sue is gone for real…

Third time when Justin falls from grandeur and feena jumps after him…

Fourth time when Justin Finally reached Alent and met Liette in person…

Fifth time when Justin is abandoned, questioning himself what is he doing so far away from home…

Inb4 the walking dead

My feelings on the franchise in general after MW2.
It completely undermines WaWs Russian campaign.

I'm with you man. This is one of the reasons Nier is in my favorites.
>find out everyone in the entire city has been lying to her for 50 years
>you were annoyed with the hag's impatience when she's been waiting, on a deadman, for the majority of her life
>YOU, the PLAYER, has to decide to either break it to her or keep the lie up

Very few games present moral/philosophical dilemmas as well as Nier did.

user, are you there? It's me, your best friend.

Dat soundtrack tho.

Mother 3 made my cry at 3 different points in the game

You know exactly what you are doing

cease and desist
why does everything brakes down, user?

The endings to the original 3 Ace Attorneys always got me to shed a happy tear

Fallout 4 because if it wasn't made by Bethesda it could have been better than New Vegas

Was afraid that no one had posted Nier. Thankfully I was wrong. The whole game man…

I can't say they made me cry, but Halo: Reach had a couple really good moments. Specifically all the ships warping in as you re-enter orbit, knowing that one of your squadmates just died blowing up one of those same ships. Then the ending, from helplessly watching the guy die in the turret to the very last sequence where you're scrambling to survive as you're overwhelmed, eventually watching your character fight to the death from the helmet's point of view on the ground.

I haven't cried in years. But this made me cry in fetal position

But yeah, Nier, 999, VLR and Ghost Trick were the only games that have brought me close to crying.

Majora's Mask made me cry at several points. Pic related especially.

rufus deserves a better girl than goal, stupid bitch cant distinguish him from two other faggots clones.

I cried the first time I played Spore.

No… It wasn't me! It-it can't be! Th-this is all a misunderstanding!

user, women are quite stupid and childish. The main villains are the elephants

And now EA will fuck up the sequel.

PMD: Explorer of Sky's ending

In case you don't remember: the time fuckery that you engage in gets serious. Killing the final boss erases you from the timeline of the universe altogether, and your partner who you've been with the entire game is devastated

I didn't know that
Only played through it once and on that mission I thought I was cheesing the fuck out of that part by going behind the final wave of enemies.

Mah niggah.

Seeing the flower on the menu screen after getting Ending D made me tear up.

/thread

Aaand here I go again.

Watch it again. They eventually stop shooting at you. Then one of them shoots and gets shot.
Downright poetic, that scene.

How did it take this long to be posted?

As long as it took time for to go over it.

Oh fuck no.

God dammit, user.

god fucking damnit

the ending was really good
best 5 hours i ever had

This is great since there is no build up for it and it blind sides you with feels

No game ever made me cry, I got a little sad perhaps or pretty immersed if there was a destroyed town were people suffered and so on but never cried.

But fucking Clannad here made me cry more than any other show.
Not sure if it was cause I could related to the characters cause I was in a similar situation with a girl I loved and lost and my son but it made me cry so fucking much.

Half as long, twice as bright

That along with MGS2, MGS3, and what happened to Paz makes my heart hurt.

Mother 3 recently.

I knew what was coming, I knew everything I even had my characters with goofy names after some friends I was streaming too but I had to mute my mic in the final fight because I was just broken

It's not a sad cry, but an overabundance of patriotism whenever I watch the Opening movies Ace Combat 6

"LET'S DO THIS GARUDA ONE!"

Hey looks it's the near same twist this game pulled but 10x worse

what game?

It's not even close to Mother 3.

Masked Man: You knew Claus all too well.
Asriel: Flowey was some asshole you saw a few times. And apparently he dindu nuffins?

Never cried at a game. But Otacon holding E.E. as she dies in MGS2, then explaining why he was always distant with her.

Jesus Christ. Someone give that man a hug.

you're kidding right?

The only game I got sad at was Mother 3, but I got happy after everybody was fine

You're overreacting.
Yes, attraction is pheromones and hormones. That doesn't mean you can't be attracted to the person being kind, their actions, their will and their desire to make you happy.

I think the point of goatchild was that he was trying to be a martyr, but his actions only had negative consequences. He thought he was doing the right thing, but failed.
He was also revived in what almost seems like a way to mock him, not being able to feel emotions other than fear confusion and anger.
Not defending tumblrtale though that boss was fucking shit

How did this happen? Did Nintendo give free reign to a dev for the IP and guy does what he felt was right?

user that's all the pokemon games.
Nintendo don't develop shit, and sometimes even gamefreak doesn't.

How many dicks does op suck daily?

Five or ten

bioshock was not a trilogy.

Fucking Minerva's Den though, that ending walking through that final room. I think that was an excellent, seriously stellar use of the disconnect the player has with the game world because your character SHOULD have been familiar with everything in that room, but due to the big daddy conversion his memories were gone and he had as much emotional connection to his workshop as the player did, seeing it for the first time. AKA, little to none.

Joyful is even more depressing.

NieR, a 7th gen japanese action game. It didn't get a pc release so if you don't have a console you can watch a "movie version" on youtube (that's what I did today).

Apparently the gameplay was pretty mediocre but it has a very nice story, art, and definitely music.

watched a movie version of this game after coming to this thread (no consolo), cried like a bitch at that part.

and just now when thinking about it

Euphoria.

People who like scary scary stuff are deranged.

Persona 3

I shed a single tear at the end when it hit me that the characters in the game aren't real.

It's a weeb game, but everyone in that game feel kinda real to a degree. It was sad when you realize you'd never "see" them again, like your'e going away to far off land and never coming back.

Essentially the same feeling you get from a good book. "What a long journey, and now it's over."

Gone Home

reglaogb if u crey alwaz

Seriously tho, when I was a kid I cried during Chrono Trigger.

I honestly cried at the end of Deus Ex because I could never play it for the first time ever again.

Shit man, that was fucking sad indeed

After I beat MGS4 the first time, I cried through the credit sequence over Big Boss's death.

After I learned what he did to Venom, I don't know if I could cry for him anymore

Metro 2033 has given me some weird cries as OP puts it

The part where the little Slav boy is crying alone in the dark because he's trying to wake his mutilated uncle from the nothingness of death, then after bringing him back to his mother, refusing the bullets from his mother made me choke up and tear up for some reason. Like I was watching a selfless man, right after saving a stranded child and gunning his way through Godless mutants with said child on his back, turns around and closes the offered hand full of precious bullets and turns around and trudges out to save another soul.

I feel you man. That game had such a good fucking story. I actually felt like my partner was my partner. And my friend ;_;

Drawn To Life 2

I was 12 at the time though, if that's any consolation.

A bit hard to explain, and more of a personal experience rather than anything written in the game.

MGSV is the closest I've ever come to "crying" from vidya. I've been playing MGS since I was in 3rd grade. Shit formed me into the person I am today, and although Snake/Raiden aren't my favorite characters in vidya, I see their growth as my own in a way. Everything they go through, I feel like I go through, in some spiritual sense or whatever.

So when I finally booted up MGSV, knowing this would be the last real time I see Snake, and seeing him all fucked up in Outer Haven in the first cutscene, the most intense bittersweet feeling came over me. Same with the first ~2 hours of the game. Seeing all the old references/characters come back in some form, fucked with my head a bit.

Even though I felt underwhelmed in the end, and even though the concept was already brought up in MGS2; seeing Kojima basically say "you are the boss," with Venom breaking the mirror gave me the closure I needed, in a way. I hate MGSV with a passion, but the small moments that are sprinkled throughout shine though, and got me pretty "emotional."

This game, man. Just this game.

Clannad spoilers
Sanae-san told me the places I can cry are in the bathroom… and in daddy's arms.

Why is the saddest bit of Clannad where she loses her robot in the field and not people dying? Fucking tearjerker magic.

Planetarian is so based.

OP here,

Just played To the moon, I didn't enjoy it too much. I ultimately felt really underwhelmed but at the ending where They hold hands I had a warm feeling inside, so it wasn't a loss.

The walking dead is what prompted me to make this thread. Something about being a father figure impales me emotionally. All the times that Clementine was in danger I had a very real seething anger. I was in tears and whimpering when I made Clementine shoot me to avoid becoming a walker also at the end of Season 2. It had such a great impact on me that I wanted to play more like that. Thus this thread.

This game looks really good to me but the only consoles I have are a PS2 and Meleecube. So im trying to pick the best PC games play.

I remember my first time playing it and reaching the space age. I had been looking forward to the game so much. My enjoyment had been dwindling since the cell stage which had been the most fun. I reached the free open 'end-game' and had to connect up trade routes of spices or some shit.

Something in me died that day.

I just preferred Sniper Wolf since everything before this fight had you going in seeing her as the villain who shot your waifu. Than her sexual advances later on, though hot, made you just want to hate fuck her. Than after the fight you just fucking felt terrible as a human being. Others the drama is kinda expected and you can see who's gonna suffer but none of them were actually a boss fight that went from hate fucking to just depression/self loathing. Within the span of 10 fucking minutes. The writers were just on the fucking ball in that game.

I'm gonna miss that voice.

The Walking Dead season 1 was great and showed a lot of potential for how a well written game could work in an almost visual novel style. I was very excited to see how Telltale would progress from there. TWAU episode 1 also showed promise. Everything since has been a piece of shit.

TWD season 2 was the biggest piece of shit. All it did was ride on the nostalgia of the first game and was a complete mess in story, pacing and engagement. The competent writing of the first game had completely disappeared. Video related.

Telltale have demonstrated they were a one hit wonder. Any creative or artistic spark is gone. Now its just cash in on brand names with Minecraft, Borderlands and the upcoming Batman game. Clementine deserved better than this.

Man, been 8 years since I played that game, do not even remember the ending.

That one, too. Goddamnit I was furious.

Heard a lot about that game, but never considered playing it that and I suck at flying combat. Is it worth buying?

Fuck, didn't mean to hit reply the second I quoted.

Anyway, Ace Combat is an amazing series. Start with 04, because its flying mechanics are the most dated of the newer games, but its still extremely fun.

Five and Zero are probably the two best games when it comes down to gameplay, but 04 has a special place in my heart for being my first.

They really go above and beyond what I thought they would be. I never would've played them if it wasn't for Holla Forums's threads on the games. And god, did they live up to my expectations and then exceed them. I can't recommend them enough.

I very much liked season 2. It seemed much more cynical and aloof than S1. I understood the emotions that were in Clementine's head; her frustration and indifference. It really shows that she grew up, either for the better or worse. I also think season 1 was superior and that season 2 had strange pacing but I can easily forgive those flaws for the game presented. Can't wait for season 3. I stayed with Kenny till the giant camp and left, what did you do?

FF9 was the first game to make me cry.
It was in front of all of my friends, too.

Crisis Core made me cry like a bitch.
I cried at the ending all three times I played through the game.

Little Busters probably made me the most emotional of any game I've played, though.
I was in a funk for days on end playing through that. And this was while it was being translated, so every month I'd basically just be excited and then suddenly depressed for a week.
Don't even get me started on the true ending.

Yes, play all three of the Ace Combat games on PS2. They all have an easy mode.

Mechanically? Sure, but I liked the missions in AC4 the best. Shattered Skies is probably my favorite mission in the series.

Shattered Skies is only slightly trumped for me by the second battle over B7R (Demon of the Round Table I think it was called?) in Zero. But Comona was absolutely amazing still.

Oh shit, how could I forget?

I did the same as you

Season 2 is a piece of shit. Everything is in such a rush to get to the next plot point, there is no time to stop and get to know characters. Its a total mess. Seriously try and explain the character of Mike to me. I recommend watching that video.

And the second one had the biggest "Wait, what the actual fuck?!" ending. Talk about a fucking tonal shift.

FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE
FUCK OFF TUMBLRTALE

WHAT THE SHIT KIKEWHEELS I DIDNT HAVE A FUCKING FLAG ON

Have you considered it's a sign that you should stop shitposting

I can't explain Mike, tbh I ignored everyone after Kenny came back. I really liked Carver because he seemed really strong and weathered, dispite some people calling him "crazy"… After watching part one of your video I agree on almost every level. I don't hate season 2, but I am hoping telltale tales these considerations and criticisms to mind when making season 3. What did you think about Michonne? I thought the combat was disgusting.

REMINDER DINGALING IS AN SJW CUCK

WHAT THE FUCK, FIX YOUR FUCKING SITE SHITWHEELS

FUCKING FAGGOT

Thats kinda the point. Based Kenny is based and there was nothing else as engaging (or even as close to engaging) as the nostalgia of a better character from the previous game.

Again it shows how poorly written the game is, the characters are blank nothings. There is no time to stop and get to know the characters because the game is in such a rush to get to the next boring QTE. I bet you still remember Carley, Lily and Katjaa a lot better than Nick, Pete and Sarita. I do and that game is 4 years old.

I don't think Telltale will get any better or improve. All of their games are the same sort of shit now with decisions not mattering at all etc.

I didn't play Michonne but I watched a stream of it. It had a lot of stupid QTE fighting that it wanted to show off as cool. There didn't seem to be a particularly interesting story there. I just thought it was unmemorable and more of the same Telltale schlock.

Will get to getting those games in the near future, and try going at it on normal difficulty. Thanks, anons.

This game is shit

he's right though, faggot

Genuinely seems like online harassment, man. Sending shit like that to people's parents is fucked, regardless of ideological leanings.

This is the only scene that has ever moved me. I even liked Emma because she was such a turbonerd, right down to her fobias and sharp tongue. I shed a manly tear.

I was going to say I never have, until I saw this post. I cannot help but well up every fucking time.

No one going to admit it? Than I gotta do it.
Thing that hits me the most is that the song is not about regret about dying. But regret that there was a really good chance that just talking could of prevented this but hesitated too just simply discuss it. Wanting to be a good obedient waifu got in the way.
I did not play the fucking game to cry like that. Fucking feels hits me like a brick and can't even watch it even once without tearing up.