King of Fighters XIV | Team Yagami Trailer

SNK just released Team Yagami trailer with the gameplay reveal of Mature. All I can say is that she got a nice boost.

Yori moveset is a mix between his claw and regular versions of XIII

Vice moveset is exactly the same as 2002 UM, incluindo the air special.

Mature moveset looks the same from XIII, but her normals seem to be different from Vice this time.

Also, first time seeing their stage. It seems to be the old rusty factory from 96 and XIII. The music is a new version of Arashi no Saxophone, and it's as good as ever.

Place your bets for next week reveal. I'm going with K' Team or Ikari Warriors.

Other urls found in this thread:

snkplaymore.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/
snkplaymore.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/command/pdf/cl_006_vice.pdf
dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vice_(2k2UM)
twitch.tv/frionel26/v/67534722
twitch.tv/gaminglive_tv1/v/67178503
blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/04/27/classic-neogeo-fighter-the-last-blade-2-hits-ps4-and-ps-vita-next-month/
mmcafe.com/news/posts/10139.html
wiki.shoryuken.com/Just_Defend_(Garou)
gematsu.com/2016/05/king-fighters-xiv-north-american-premium-edition-announced
game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiv/command/
mmcafe.com/news/posts/10185.html
twitter.com/Makky_CYS/status/736425280068157440
youtube.com/watch?v=Q9xQr_vwoXM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It list what team is next on the official website; Team Fatal Fury.
snkplaymore.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/

So far my team is probably gonna be Ryo/Ramon/Mature until I get a hands on impression of the new characters.

Bring on the sax!
I would say they might prioritize teams with characters not revealed yet. Japan hadyet to show Goro, Iagami had Mature. K' already had everyone on the spotlight Ikari too, so, maybe South America, South Town, Other Worlds, Special Invitation…

Are you BR? That'1s a bit of portuguese right there.

What is your:
>your KOF team in XIV or your favorite KOF game if you have no interest in KOF XIV

KoF 98 UM
Shingo or Kasumi
Art of Fighting Team
Goodbye Esaka
Ryo/Ramon(or Maxima depending on the changes Ramon gets)/Mature

Anyone think the new girls are cute?

KoF XI
Either Iori, Oswald, or Duo Lon
Yagami team
Stormy Scream Arashi no Saxophone 4
Either Team China or Team Mexico Angel a qt

Sure except that Deicide works like it does in XIII, not like 2002. And she lost her 2nd command grab. And her Splash move/followup was not in 2002. And she doesn't have an air special, least of all the air lightning leg special she had in 2002. She also lost the ground lightning legs. Her air grab DM, the only air move she has, is still in but she never lost that to begin with. Lastly she is missing a DM. Feel free to compare:

snkplaymore.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/command/pdf/cl_006_vice.pdf

dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vice_(2k2UM)

First they got Polnareff, now they have Lisa Lisa, not that I'm complaining, tho

I'm waiting to see what moves Alice has, and if the people who speculated that she's got some of Terry's old moves got it right. I'm pretty excited if that's the case, and I'd love to make a team with the two of them.

Sylvie's eyeball hairpins make me think of those fucking Dark Souls lizards that spit petrifying gas. I'm both disgusted and terrified of her, and we don't even know how she plays.

But if Zarina somehow uses the toucan as a striker, she's on the team, 100%.

I found it weird how Mature's special didn't have that big skull explosion at the end during her first run and then she continued and everything was alright.

Hue detected.

2002 UM

Yamazaki

Ikari Warriors

Can't really choose one; series has excellent music. Maybe KD0079 or Dear Falling Angel.

I want to play Luong-Vice-Mature so, Yagami.

As a Yamazaki player, I love the fact that Luong caters to my snake taming needs (and she's a hottie to boot).
I like Sylvie more than I want to admit. That back walk animation alone won me over.
Zarina looks cute; curious to see if she has a similar gimmick to Nakoruru and if the birds will have their own rival scene.

Trailer was fantastic. Love the song and the stage but does Mature still have that jump special? Don't think I saw it.

Probably not important to most (big deal for little ol' me though) but there's a EU release date - August 26 for €59.99 / £49.99 via Deep Silver.
Hopefully they won't fuck it up.

Was Rugal a jew?

Anyone else kinda miss strikers? After playing 99 again, I sorta miss them. Can still live without it though.

Also what do you guys want to see out of the Costumes? Personally I'm hoping for Mr. Karate II for Ryo.

>6 gorillion invincibility frames
Maybe.

Boring, predictable choices but I'd like to see classic costumes for Leona, Vice, Mature and Maxima.
And chubby goddess Athena costume because they gotta start promoting that ARPG. :3

The SNK twitch stream had Sylvie already, and that demo version will be on Combo Breaker next week.

Miss X for Iori

98 UM

Joe Higashi

Team Fatal Fury

It's been so long since I played a KOF game I don't even know how the music sounds in general terms.

Joe Higashi
Terry Bogart
Kim Kaphwan

New thread?

There's been some streams from Stunfest

twitch.tv/frionel26/v/67534722

98UM

Chang

98 Team Oyaji

Tie between Orochi Yashiro's theme and Fairy

Chang
Angel
EX Kyo/Kusanagi if DLC. If not Geese or one of the newcomers.

THATH TRANZPHOBIIIC!
(Yeah, they did it in XIII with no fucks given but it's the current year.)

Someone who knows what they're doing with Luong? This I gotta see.
Thanks for the links.

Which KoF game is closest to what XIV will be? I want to practice Maxima and Geese

Actually that compilation came from the previous stream:
twitch.tv/gaminglive_tv1/v/67178503

It looks it'll be the same version ASUS is distributing. Considering the release dates maybe the disc is even the same across the world.
Hopefully the the japanese version has other subtitles other than japanese like portuguese(brazilian) as the ASUS version.

Costumes? Bring me Athena and I'll bring you the money.

XIV looks like XIII with some elements from 2002 and 98 like better normals, 2002's super cancel, spending the rest of your MAX activated bar to execute a DM and so on.

Also, starting next week, a new build with 36 characters will be traveling Japan.
https://twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/733508913308426242?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

alright thanks.

You know I meant ATLUS. Maybe Freud is telling me to update my old mobo but as long it runs 98UMFE, 2002UM and XIII I don't really care. Maybe with the eventual PC release of XIV I'll think about it.

They clearly don't give a fuck about soggy knees so why would they care about transphobia?

Oh. Thanks.

Problem with these PAL publishers is that their track record doesn't match what they promise, especially PQube and their release date for Xrd but that's a story for other pastures.

They could make a costume pack season pass just for her alone. They definitely would if they were KT.
98, 2002 and 2003 are my favorites. I'd gladly settle for one of those. goddess Athena doe

I suppose that will be the team trailer order:

In the game and more stacked than ever. Yeah, I know they wouldn't care, I just want to see the fireworks so other devs can finally get it through their thick skulls. Only language they understand is money and KoFXIV selling well despite the hissy fits tossed in the West would show that NOT pandering to that crowd is the financially sound decision.

God dammit I just noticed Mature was missing her eye patch. So the '96 reset is pretty much confirmed at this point?

What, really? I'm not sure about that, since the NESTS saga happens as a direct consequence of the 97' ending, and most of the NESTS characters are there.

Seems to be a major theme as the end boss can manipulate time and space and Nakoruru is in the cover (so Another World team might not be there just for shits and giggles).
I bet the fucker will summon bosses from the previous games. A whole new generation of players will know what SNK Boss Syndrome is. :^)

I wasn't sure what the year reset was, I just remember some user talking about a reset awhile back. All I remember about it was Sie Kensou is in his psycho powerless mode.

I can see it using the older bosses moves.

Maybe she was just using to hide her crazy orochi eye from XIII's NeoMax and lost her power boost due to the door never been opened by Ash/Mukai in 2003. Or maybe she was just being fashionable with the whole eyepatch trend and liked Kill Bill.
As far as I know she and Vice were hauting Iori in XIII. Are they even alive?

I would like '97, '99 and 2000. Maybe '98 and 2002 if we can get 5 costumes for her. Benimaru is also another one that could benefit from the possible costume through DLC. Goro Daimon, not so much.

Kensou will be probably be like his XIII incarnation (minus the clothes) with maybe some old moves back or new tweaks in his existent ones like everybody returning from XIII.

So only a few more days until the Last Blade 2 PS4/Vita port comes out.

Hope the netcode is decent so I can stop worrying about KoF XIV's netcode

Not really,

blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/04/27/classic-neogeo-fighter-the-last-blade-2-hits-ps4-and-ps-vita-next-month/

It'll be a input delay netcode like 98UMFE and 2002FE. XIV will be made by SNK themselves.

Well, they've got at least somewhat of a good idea considering majority of the only is gonna be gooks versus hues.

Somewhat because they didn't plan on the loss of support when sony kills the ps4 so i am sure they either are planning on a PC version with LAN support or something because i am tired of seeing games die when their server support is cut

Was LB2 on the Steam database leak? I know Garou was and the two other ones that actually came out.

I don't want to feel these feels.

I think is more of a "if there's a problem, why fix it?" The problem shifts from a teleporting opponent as he was playing Athena like an idiot to a slow as fuck match where nobody can do anything properly. And I know how shit it could be because I bought KOFXII during the launch.

Many people shits on Skullgirls but at least they made a good online experience with a decent implementation of GGPO with rollback netcode. That is something every fighter should aim to copy.

But the point is that Last Blade 2 being ported by CodeMystics is not an indication of how KOFXIV being made by SNK netcode will turn out.

KOFXII online still "works". But I hope they release LB2 for Steam too and a while after XIV releases, they port 98UMFE and 2002UM for the Sony consoles.

I'm so glad I didn't have money for it when it launched.

I understood that after reading the article, I was just making a point that at least they're going for a somewhat working idea albeit still shitty and lazy.

Yeah, I hope for the best. Will Last Blade 2 have lobbies or will be missing again like on 98UMFE and 2002UM? I know XIV will have because of the trailer.

I like to tell myself that XII was a Kickstarter backer reward for XIII. At least I had some fun before the second patch.

I still think the funniest thing about KoF XII was how it had an english dub and KoF XIII didn't.

I don't think there has been anything mentioned about lobbies sadly.

Oh god, Ryo's voice.

2k2 UM
Shermie (normal)
New Face
Esaka Forever
Luong/K'/Ryo

I wanted for forget the overwhelming grief of knowing this was never going to happen. Thanks, user.

I dare say that the Maximum Impact series had better English voices, until I remember that actual English Terry does not sound nearly as good as Japanese Engrish Terry.

Honestly I'm pretty surprised they didn't bring back the New Face Team for KoF XIV since the another world team/final boss' rumored powers

Did anyone at Stunfest use Tung? A lot of the teams I've seen have been pretty samefaggy so far, I was hoping to see if Tung got any changes

Yes, but at the tournaments, people tend to use the characters they're used to play in older games. Especially when Kim is basically a copy/paste of XIII's version. Luong just might really easy to play and somewhat effective.

I didn't find many compilations but Tung's CDM is the best one so far.

Let us spread our misery.

Time/space powers are a nice DLC gateway. Apparently they (Oda?) said they'd wait to see how the game fares before considering DLC so pre-order, goy.

Most say the same about VF yet the average VF round lasts 15-20 seconds.

;_;

Wot? That series still exists? Impressive.

This looks a lot better than her current design.

I prefer her new design more, it capture her pop idol half more. He 13 version felt really bland

Same here, Goddess Athena can have the chubby look in a possible new NGBC or i can dream right? CvS3/SvC2.

Since the fighting games thread is pretty much dead at the moment, I'll post the mains chart here.

Probably '02 for DM; overall '00.

I tend to handle Kyo, King and K' fairly well in-game. Overall though I'd say it's a tie between Yamazaki and Mature.

Yagami '96, probably.

WOOOOAAAHHHH

Hard to narrow down. But KD-0079, Ketchaku R&D, Kamikirimushi, original Arashi no Saxophone, etc…honestly most of the pre-'01 music, it's never really gotten back to that level.

I'll tell you when it's on the PC.

But it's just going to make me more sad.

You're gonna get a Kyokugen bop!

So is Kensou is gonna be Psycho Soldier mode or Powerless?

Because I really prefer his powerless mode

Probably neither. I think he'll be just like in KOFXIII flying around the screen with kicks but with a few tweaks like better normals (please). Tung already has that forward kung-fu punch and upkicks.

Damn, it's gonna suck waiting for the Psycho Soldiers Team trailer to find out the changes. It's like 9 updates away.

God damn the curiosity on how Alice plays is gonna kill me

Now that you mention it, we'll only have a new character in probably 3 weeks with Gang-Il.

At least they're posting new screenshots everyday.

Then all we can do is praise KEK and hope he, in his infinite piety, blesses us.
C'mon, meme magic. You crashed a plane with no survivors and are carrying the God Emperor on your shoulders. Getting a game greenlit should be easy.

Would be nice if they didn't follow that strict order of reveals. But I can't honestly complain; it's been a hype train with no match.

SF's army girl will suck off the winner. Step up, SNK!

I do not want to waste a thread on another related game for this company but have any of you fags forget to show the love for Last Blade 2 that came out today?

Did the store update yet? I fucking suck at LB2 but I'm gonna buy it into the hopes of a Garou or a Samurai Showdown V Special vita port

The store finally updated but being that this game is a gem in the shit stain rough that is the PS store, it is cleverly secluded in the store because Sony has to shill for other useless rubbish.

This video reminds me the biggest flaw in XIII was not including the Russian stage and theme from XII.

Fucking sony, I just want something to do while I "work"

Well, since it's out,

Sorry, I don't own a PSVita or PS4. I'll probably get one by July or something.

I remember me and other people asking ATLUS about the stage for the console version on the forums months before te release. But it didn't go nowhere.

So it's not listed on the vita store but if you buy it on the webstore or PS4 you get the vita version too. Man sony hates the vita.

Also here is the multiplayer options.

Was this in the original? Because it's fucking awesome

So, lobbies at the "Create a Match" option? Also,
The fuck is this?

I also just realized what mod I want for Senran the most, since that's coming to PC soon.

Shit, that's out? I need to hook up my PS4 and nab that, then. I won't be doing any online since I don't have PS+, but it'd be nice to support SNK instead of just playing on DC or MAME all the time.

I haven't tried it yet but I'm pretty sure Create a Match (Story Mode) is just arcade mode with online players interruptions

Oh well, guess I'm just glad there is a new KOF coming out.

a Garou sequel might actually happen
mmcafe.com/news/posts/10139.html
That's why Tizoc is back in XIV and the just defend mechanic is back.

I know I may sound repetitve but you can create a Lobby in the "Create a Match"?

What Just Defend do anyways? Less "damage" to the Guard Bar?

Oh Christ I want this so bad, get the whole original roster in there, shame most matches against others would be Kevin Rian shit since he's the real high tier apparently.

I really hate Kevin Rian.

It's just to send invites to your friends, I don't have any friends with it so I can't check if there can be more than two players in a 'room"

here is a good run down on what it does;
wiki.shoryuken.com/Just_Defend_(Garou)

Not on Garou but on KOFXIV. It's not a parry or give meter. I read it did less "damage" to the guard bar than a normal defense on the PSX build but it's been some time.

But thanks for the Last Blade 2 info.

Oh for KoF XIV? I've got no clue how the changed it, so user that got to play an old build had a good write up of it but I didn't save it sadly.

Jenet is the real Queen. Oda even says about her bullshit on

Wonder if he'll ever make a full character debut

I obviously meant to

I blame B.Jenet for this.

If they do get around to doing it, I hope they keep the new characters they were gonna have in the original sequel; Mr. Karate II and Joe Higashi's student

PC Port when?

Never ever

That's some nice B. Jenet you got there. It'd be a shame if someone were to tie her up.

If you look at Street Fighter V's numbers, it looks like more fighting game players have moved to PC compared to PS4.

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't come at some point. The majority of non-Americans are probably on PC rather than PS4, as well. And XIII was originally only on console, I believe. We all know where that went.

Ryo really does not undestand what King really wants.

New build. No Geese.

Yuri, Hein and Nakoruru? Could this mean the respective team trailers could come earlier? (Well, AoF might in 2 weeks, anyway…)

Ah shit, more pocket sand gameplay soon

Unless 99% of the people playing pick Iori/Kyo/Kim

Luong is pretty hot, man.

I agree, I just want more gameplay footage of other characters.

New trailer dropped

At least he'll be playable saturday.

WHEN'S BLUE MARY?

Not a fan of Terry's voice in this one, but that's less the VA's fault and more that I wanted his old voice forever. Also, is Joe's VA different?

I still miss Kyo's old voice. But looking at Masahiro Nonaka profiles, he only worked as VA for Kyo in his entire life. Maybe he retired, was a real actor or something like that? I know Iori's Kunihiko Yasui and Athena's Haruna Ikezawa are active doing voices for animes, foreign movies and cartoons.
On the other hand it looks like Hashimoto is active so I don't know about the change.

I'm really gonna miss some voices. And I know Mai VA retired before XIII.

Yeah, but Mai's current VA sounds like sex for my ears. Yuri's also fits well now, too.

New Fatal Fury/Garou when?

Is that not Hashimoto? He sounds a little different, but I thought it was still him.

man, that would be a dream.

She is probably the one with the highest paycheck.

Honestly, I don't know. I know he didn't do Kim in XIII and XIV. As for Terry, I don't know if it is still him. We'll probably only know when the game releases. I'm only sure about Kyo.

You know about the leaked Steam game list with Garou. It'll probably be a half assed port by CodeMystics without lobbies again. But you better buy it when it releases if you want the sequel.

Did they get a new VA for Terry?
Liked this stage, though.

I didn't think it was, but maybe it is just them rerecording his lines. I'm so used to the higher pitched lines. Also, it sounded like some words were being pronounced better than previously, so I'm not sure.

Step it up, user.

not bad but they're still not keiichi nanba and nobuyuki hiyama.

WHy did they do this wwhy

Is kof14 like 2002 where they bring back every character and even the dead ones or will they reset and start a new storyline?

Trips of truth.
Wish they'd even pick the less popular veterans. One tournament had a kickass Choi and a Athena dropping smug spirit bombs on everyone.

I can help with that third one. Not that much better but it's the thought that counts, right?

Mai's new VA played Yukiko from P4 and Tsuruhime in Sengoku Basara? Talk about voice range. (A load of roles, but I'm only really familiar with these.)

'98 and 2002 are dream matches so they're not canon.
XIV's end boss is rumored to have time/space/dimension manipulation powers. Leak was 100% correct so we can trust that to be true as well.

Go back to when Ash became relevant. Remove Ash and start the story from there. So yes, they're redoing 2k3 onward, and apparently that means K9999 fucked off without Angel, apparently.

I thought the UM versions were dream matches, though.

Thanks. So I give you the Premium Edition announcement.

gematsu.com/2016/05/king-fighters-xiv-north-american-premium-edition-announced

Now how the hell do I get that without being taxed to death in Brazil

Now, I know what everyone thinks of pre-ordering, but fuck it, I'm preordering that as soon as humanly possible.

see:
Buy KoF XIV, last blade 2, the next metal slug and the next samurai showdown and you'll get it

FUCK

Which one was the better UM title?

This is like choosing between sleeping and eating.

Oh boy.

Of course I'm biased because one of the two has best girl in it, but they're both good in their own right. I prefer 2k2 for the fuckhuge roster, though.

Sweet.

game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiv/command/

New moves guys.

Kinky.

Interesting. I don't play Ralf, but I wonder how much this is going to effect how he's used.

Robert is probably thinking:

We are brothers in pain but I wuz kang
Looks nice but don't think it will be distributed here. I'm sure the OST will get ripped but getting artbook scans these days isn't as easy…

I'm still half expecting Hein to be another reverse trap…
The pose reminds me of Nash minus the edgelord faggotry.

Vice's air grab follow-up is only for QCB+P, right? Or can she also follow up the drag grab with it?
I know it's not available but anyone knows if Mature still has the leaping slash special?

I miss the braid. I know they have to retouch these characters to make them fit [CURRENT YEAR] (especially the AoF team) but IMHO the braid was part of Yuri's charm.

While I agree on the braid thing, I think is less [CURRENT YEAR] problem and more "we don't want to go to clipping city" like Terry has. Notice that Leona and Mai have their hair animated by hand like their boob bounce. Maybe she'll have her braid as an alternate headswap like XIII.
At least she has a more voluptuous body than ever before. Even more than '94. Remember that King kept the exploding clothes from AOF/XIII. So brace yourself for Yuri too.
By the way, she has a Chou Saiha new super, her classic Shoukouken and classic ranbu. Her climax is a super rambu. Maybe a ground version of her LDM from 2003/XI?
mmcafe.com/news/posts/10185.html

We only know about Mature from the trailer but I think everyone from XIII not named Ralf or Clark will remain the same base.

And as for the Premium edition. I WILL have my hands on that thing. I just have to get into contact with some friends so they can send me through normal mail and pray because, worse than pay a humongous price with the taxes is wait MONTHS to get the delivery because it was retained to be taxed.

???

I miss it, too. It looks like a minor thing but really adds extra design and flair to her.

KoF 97/kof 11

Kula/adel bernstein

Boss Team

Origin of the mind

kula/terry/benimaru

I follow this artist on Pixiv. Good taste.

True. I imagined the redesign could be for contemporary reasons since KoF tends to be very fashion sensitive (I'd even say the most fashion sensitive FG set in contemporary times) and like Robert's original costume that might have looked snazzy back then but now looks downright tacky, braids haven't been "in" for ages.

I bought almost every import (besides the infamous first) through a very resourceful contact that managed to bypass taxes for a very short fee but, sadly, he quit the biz (too much hassle for little profit). Was willing to raise his cut but no dice.
But yeah, in our situation, we practically gotta get Han Solo to smuggle this shit.

Nash from SFV has that cliché "screen-goes-dark-and-teleports-behind-you-nothing-personnel-kid" bs. It's something that was thought as cool some time ago but it's so overused now it's becoming borderline cringey.
In common with Hein, it's the middle finger glasses tipping and I imagine Hein will be the aloof, calm and collected type (especially with the chess theme).

Wish he'd expand his repertoire though. Not complaining about what he has on offer but you can tell what gets his motor running (Yuri, Yuffie, Rebecca, Sun Shang Xiang - definitely a pattern).

All this Yuri talk is reminding me how much I liked her, especially in '99 and CvS1.

Oh, SFV Nash. Yeah, that's a little cliché. I don't know if I would call it edgelord, but it's certainly a downgrade from his Alpha personality.

In other news, I learned that Metal Slug Defense has Whip and Heidern as units in it. I was interested in downloading it for a time waster until I saw it wanted to keep track of who's calling me, my location, bluetooth connections, and profile data. Sorry, Chinese Overlords, I don't like you that much. And apparently Metal Slug Attack is worse than Defense? But I dunno. They're both F2P stains on the Metal Slug name.

How do BRs play with shitty internet? I'm constantly worried that my internet won't be good enough for when KoF comes out.

Defense used to be decent like a year ago. It gave you lots of medals, free milestone units good for early game at least and lots of free ways to get you the ways to buy units.
Then balancing issues happened, one of the missions was made unwinnable unless you paid up, as well as flying bosses and Fake Rootmars, and the exclusive temporary missions which they go full jew mode.
Attack's not better nor worse, just really different. In MSA you can't just buy the units you want, instead you're either at the mercy of the good ol' gacha machine or struggling to get pieces of the same unit. On the other hand some units feel more powerful (you can upgrade your units. You can have the main characters spamming their respective specials, for example) and there's lots of objectives as means to gather materials to upgrade. Oh, and a billion different currencies.

The thing I don't understand is, they could have just released MSD as a weird strategy hybrid, no IAP and relatively nicely balanced, and I'd have paid $5 to play on my phone. Now I want nothing to do with it. MSA also looks neat, but neither of them really capture Metal Slug to me, and since I bought the Humble Bundle, I'd rather get an emulator and use the ROMs I got from it instead. Shame.

twitter.com/Makky_CYS/status/736425280068157440

B U T T S L A P B O Y S

SNK truly does what Capcan't.

WHERES YAMAZAKI

Hein, Shun'ei and Yuri Climax moves.

Other footage of Hein shows he has moves somewhat reminiscent of Oswald's.

Combo and super compilation.

Bit more of Hein: youtube.com/watch?v=Q9xQr_vwoXM
A LOT of huespeak and most of the video is just the uploader yapping. 0:20-0:35 is pretty much the entirety of the new footage.

Can't open the video.

SF battered housewife detected.

No Yamazaki. Ever.

K.

How much does the mexican branch of Sony pays you?

How long until they decide to "hide" this animation? It looks highly problematic for the current year.

Fucking Beautiful.

Also
Now I don't mind his redesign

More than you get paid by Kikecom.

They should have done it already! Someone probably got raped because of it.

Anywho, blurry clips are dripping. Here's Hein, Shun'ei and Rusty Shackleford gameplay.
Hein looks really stylish. Might have to rethink my team to fit him.

Now I don't mind his redesign

Ditto. That black and yellow alt looks really good.

Rusty looks pretty fun, I might have him on my team

Bumping with some cyber canuck action.

But it is the same shit as always user, this selling of a complete game, and not the new hot shit that Capcom pulls in selling a game that isn't complete and still charging full price and missing basic QOL features like match-quitting penalties.

Truly SNK could learn from Capcom's forward-thinking-ness.

After watching all the new footage, I really wish they brought back teammates in the stage background. Thought it would happen since the switch to 3d meant no expensive side sprites.

Also on a non-kof side note; does anyone know if the new LB2 port has any hidden characters?

Oh user, you've helped me see the light. How can I ever repay you?

Yeah, now that you mention that, I'm a bit sad about it too. Maybe it will be added in later?

Yeah, I miss that as well.
Might be impossible to implement, at least on time for the vanilla release but people can ask. We know they're receptive to feedback.

Speaking of changes, I think Yuri's bitchslap grab could use retouching. As is, it looks like it has no "oomph" to it.
(Or maybe it's just the Light version.)

It's just braids, man. You want something 90s and tacky, try two gloved fingers on otherwise fingerless gloves.

I don't think I care enough to put him on my team, but I need to play the game first.

I always end up having him on my team regardless of his moves or tier level, it's my duty as a Canadian to do so.

I'm just wondering what affect Just Defend will have on him since the system really benefits mobile grapplers

I just got home and didn't saw anything from yesterday/today event.

In time, have one of the best looking footage of the game

I want to believe this game won't suffer from the balance and tier cancer all other games have.

Short hops were a mistake, no, Jumping on fighting games was a mistake.

I can already tell that Nelson will be as retarded as KoF 2002 Angel.

I'm a SNK fan but c'mon. Just pray there is no shit tier character, retarded tier character (2002Angel, 98'Daimon) and a balance at the levels of XIII and 98UMFE.

Well USF IV managed to do away it it's big rooster but it took Capcom only like 6 years

I'm liking Shun'Ei's movement options, but god damn I hate his design.

Remember he was made for the new generation. Be glad they care enough for the old one by not "updating" Terry, K' and giving Kyo's classic look as a skin (that it'll be FREE on the first week).

Also, WE'VE GOT SOME DRAGONS.

Has there even been a KOF game that doesn't have retarded tier characters and a fully balanced roster?

Speaking of costumes, I wonder how much they're gonna be regularly and how often they'll shit them out

No, because Iori is in every KoF game

She looks great so far, makes me excited to see how they handled the other two pachislot characters

I hear ya. IMHO Maxima was much more fun before the shoops and Rugal grab.
Release a version with his classic move set and I might goy it up.

The b&w palette makes him almost sufferable.

Btw, stupid question: did SNK mention anything about the game being compatible with PS3 pads?
It can be enjoyed in the default pad since it's a 4 button game but the d-pad kinda sucks and, besides, I got a PS3 fight pad collecting dust right now (especially when I ended sitting out of SFV).

I hope it does, because I don't want to give up my Neo Geo pad

Is that any good? I thought the USB pads had terrible build quality. The PS2 NeoGeo pad is supposed to be good quality though.

They've done this ever since KOF94, they flat out stated they included AOF and Fatal Fury for "adults" and wanted to focus on the new blood.

Also I like Shun'ei's design better than Ash personally.

had mine for 5 years now and it still works as good as the day I got it. All the labels wore off after a 2 years though.

Anything is better than Ash, SFV's Ken is a better design than Ash

So I've been thinking about all the characters that aren't in KoF14, and wondering how weird a game would be if it just starred them. I kinda want to play as all the different characters in their own scenarios, getting a slice of their lives.

When will they finally add a fair perfectly balanced character like pick related into KoF?