Hearts of Iron IV : Shekels for Parajew edition

Preorders for HoI IV have been out for a while.

Johan once swore in a forum post that he would never do any season pass type deals.

Surprise surprise, for $90 you can now pre-order HoI IV and receive the first two DLC free, to an estimated value of $50, so more than half the cost of that pre-order tier is DLC nobody knows anything about.

The greed of the Parajew verily knows no bounds. Is there anyone left to defend this company? I know we're all going to pirate the fuck out of it anyway, but I'm still impressed by how quickly Parajew is degenerating after tasting the sweet honey of mainstream success.

On other news, it seems that the game is geolocked for German would-be customers. To have a working game, they must buy through Steam and nowhere else because even Parajew sells only the international version. Of course, this is done to ensure that Germans cannot buy a copy of the game with Hitler's face visible.

Reports on the quality of the game itself have been mix…oh Hell, who am I kidding, they played Hungary on stream, anschlussed Austria and Czechoslovakia (including the Sudetenland of course) before Germany did and the latter does not seem to give a shit. In which world would this happen aside from one governed by Paradox's trademark completely shit AI?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/blackice.467
mediafire.com/download/e9ig3rf3m9d07iy/blackice-latest-release.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Have you been to their forum? People literally shill about how HOI4 is better than HOI3. It hasn't even been released.

On the forums they also say that Paradox is one of the few compaies that cares about its consumers… Why do people think paradox cares about their fan, just because they release DLC?
How did they manage to foster a cult that find everything they impliment and say acceptable? How did they find a new consumerbase when they have banned their old fanbase just because one point out their shit.

I wanna get into GSG's but why is this game shit gameplay-wise.

HoI4?
If you read trhough the dev diaries they seem to have it more streamlines, i.e. retard-proof.
Easier and shallower than the previous one.
And looking at EU4 and Stellaris I'll bet they cut out some improtant shit to sell it later seperatley.

If you really want to get into gsg I suggest either Crusader Kings 2 or Darkest Hour.

I can't say I'm suprised knowing they censored a fucking picture of Hitler in the first place.

So Hitler is Nazi Mohammed now or what?

I know it's streamlined but I heard user's saying that attack patterns were replaced with one big white line and that the AI would take control in some areas what else is there.

Wut?

It's all the same le evil right-wing to them and Hitler and Mussolini were friends along with Russians called them fascists because everyone against Russia is a fascist.

Why would they censor Hitlers face in the first place, did they mix him up with Muhammad??

The definition of Fascism has since been lost to history through years of Jewish propaganda in schools being taught as fact.

There's more but I gotta go.

In Germany it's apparently illegal to show Hitler's face (and that of certain Kamaraden) outside of a certain context (probably educational). So to sell the game in Germany they have to remove swastika and black out faces because a German laying eyes on a drawing of Hitler is literally another shoah.

Sigh. I used to respect them, but they left their inner jew take over a long time ago.

Now Parajewx is nothing but a big-nosed SJW shithole

The first mod release will be to decensor Hitler’s face.

The second will be to have the option of ACTUALLY killing all the jews.

They might wake the fuck up and realize Ahmed and Tryone are balls deep in their ass.

I honestly despair because, much like CA, they too have basically cornered their specific niche and no one else is willing to challenge them.

I'll be waiting.

You can show the Swastika either in an educational context or if it's labeld as art(work).
I've never heard of anything reagarding Hitlers face.
Hell, during carnival (and sometimes outside of it) people even dress as him and walk around and others take pictures with them together.
There was a german actor not that long ago who did it as well and was astounded that people wanted to take pictures with him dressed as Hitler, rather than calling the police.

The problem with vidya in germany is that nobody knows if they can be considered as art. There was never an explicit law that forbid the showing of Swastikas in games.
It's mostly just publishers trying to avoid controversy and fearing any legal reprecussions should somebody decide to take that shit to court and they rule against the publishers.

Paradox essentially has a monopoly on the grand strategy genre, if those guys don't want to support Paradox they pretty much either have to give up GS or play something like Shadow President.

As for
CK2 is what did it, I would say. They were becoming a big publisher and thus had access to a consumer base that wasn't there for their previous games. Coincidentally this is also around the time where they started releasing fucktons of DLC for everything so this has always been the norm for people that got onboard since then.

as someone who knows nothing of german law, i had always heard that it was actually full-on illegal to own anything that could be considered "nazi memorabilia" such as swastikas, flags etc, and if german lawmakers are even remotely as trigger-happy as american ones i can easily see someone saying "this criminal owned this game that has a swastika in it, this game (or gaming in general) is now considered a hate product"

Where is that scene where a Hitler impersonator talks with a woman about dog breeds mixing?

Was it from that Er ist wieder da movie?

Can anyone get me the latest Black Ice mod? It should be version 8.5 or greater. I also posted this in /gsg/ and on the Holla Forums thread, but I believe both those things are dead and will take days for a reply

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/blackice.467

Do you live in Germany? If not why do you care?

I still continue to believe that HOI3 is absolute shit.

I heard that weather changes in territory depending on who conquers it. So if the Russians conquer a place it changes to winter. Is this true?

ya its from that movie

dude what

Speak for yourself, I'm not letting that abomination anywhere near my computer.

On release it definitely was, but with the major expansions it's alright. I haven't familiarized myself with DH but I can definitely see why people prefer it over HoI3.

Tell me if this doesn't work.

mediafire.com/download/e9ig3rf3m9d07iy/blackice-latest-release.zip

I think DH is way better mainly because it is way more like HOI2.

You can keep in at home without problems. The law you think about only says hat showing of SS-runes and the Swastika in public is an offence.
Although I have to say that almost nobody seems to care about it anyway. Sometimes you can even see old Nazi stuff being sold at flea markets.
Hell, some libraries I know still have the old, unedited version of Mein Kampf lying around and nobody cares.

Should you get "caught" displaying your Nazi-flag or similar in the public the police the fine would depend on how ofensive you were with it.
Running around, shouting Heil Hitler and signing old Nazi sonds could get you into easily into prison for up to three years.
Should you carry it around and have some good excuse for doing so (like you need it for art class or whatever), it would be most likley fine for public disorder and to not show it off again.

Yes, live in germany and had to do with Nazi censoring for the longest time.

Sage for off-topic.

I mostly play DH because it is more of a grand strat than HOI3, that I is more as a wargame. Though I still like HOI3 for its complex combat.
A lot of problems have been fixed since HOI3 first released, just like every paradox games that are absolute shit on launch. Mods usally make the game more challanging too.
The ai is still shit tho.

But why though?

Is that a legal requirement for them to sell the game in Germany? I don't judge the German laws too harshly, defeated countries in war always go through a period of cuckoldry under the victor.

Nice trips

60 years of counting, seemingly followed by another few centuries of Ahmed doing it instead of the Jews.

Legit question, are paradox workers retarded?

Does Johan cry at nights over bad decisions of PDX management and rushing, casualasing his games?

You tell me.

I thought they were swedes?

The whole balance about multiplayer thing seriously pisses me off

But looks more complex than Darkest Hour with is good, also production lines and civil war part look interesting.
Also im kinda positive about the structure of the game, they will be less hardcoded events and more room for ahistorical gameplay with is not necessarily bad

Overall im quite positive

Can anyone explain me what "50% bonus if you draw arrows" is?

Planning bonus, Im pretty sure that this bonus is to high but im still glad that there is a drawing arrows function, i always wanted something like that

While this sounds neat on paper it's going to result in drawing a big smiley face on the Soviets for some arbitrary percentage bonus.

How dare they insult him

About Hitler's face, I don't know why it's censored. I thought only the swastika and other Nazi shit were banned, not depictions of people. Maybe Paradox is trying to jew the German ratings board?

About the game itself, there are enough streams of them playing it to know it certainly won't be very impressive. They took their arguably deepest franchise and turned it into a sandbox for kids. When I saw Hungary anschluss both Austria and Czechoslovakia without Germany doing anything about it (relations didn't even drop) I knew that the game was pants on head retarded. Add to that whole systems scrapped or simplified like resources, espionage (NO espionage as in Stellaris, that's probably one of the first DLCs they'll release), supplies/fuel, OoB, and you know HoI IV will be shit.

Stellaris released in a beta state. Whole features from the DDs are missing or awfully underdeveloped. The game is shallow, there's almost nothing to it, but casuals like that one asshole from Rock Paper Shotgun still praise it as "omg so complex and deep" because Paradox aimed for the casual crowd yet again and finally got it. HoI IV will be the same.

And finally, Parajew went ahead and finally became EA by introducing season passes. Now Parajew wants you to pay for content that isn't even developed yet, something they swore they'd never do. Their forums are full of sycophants praising Paradox for their "consumer friendly DLC policy" which just makes me fucking laugh. "I know I'll buy every DLC anyway so it doesn't matter if I buy it now or later" is the kind of shit they say. I don't know how in the fuck they got such a brainwashed, loyal userbase after shoving the older one out. What the fuck happened? Is it some sort of misplaced elitism?

I guess it all makes sense now. They sent all the SJW devs and shitheads to work on HoI4, and left Stellaris to the rest of the team, which is probably why Stellaris allows fun things like genocide. Now we're gonna pay the price.

That can't be right. I know Germans are the biggest cucks in Europe, but even they only ban the face of Mohammad. Or was there some new law that prohibits Hitler's face to be shown? What will be illegal next, saying The Big Bad's name?

Half of the people in that vid are too young to have graduated college.

Nah they just probably look young

That would explain the wikipedia "research" that goes into making their games.

You are correct

I've been tying to make a GS game and what I've quickly realized is that the hardest part is most likely going to be everything concerning the map. You need to have a ton of different historic maps on hand and it's highly unlikely that they'll all fit together perfectly due to the differences in projection, scale, and sometimes even angle. Your only clear guidelines are rivers and coastlines. As a result of this realization I've grown quite forgiving of Paradox's mistakes, provided they aren't a product of laziness.

I don't think he was reffering to the map as much as historical decisions/events

What said. The map I can forgive for a variety of reasons. Even the fact that The Americas are way "higher" than they should be in terms of latitude in EU. The map would be incredibly awkward if it were more accurate. The maps are the least of the sins. Except when it comes to that disgusting 3D look the more recent games try to pull off. Whatever made them abandon the aesthetic of visual simplicity for eye straining bulky awkwardness is beyond me.